• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-28-2017, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Aeana

I would be shocked if there wasn't some sort of restriction due to the music.
I'd stream anyway via my capture card, though. Sugiyama can suck it.

That's what I thought too, but on the other hand iirc I was able to stream the entirety Dragon Quest Heroes 2 without problems.
Wereroku
(07-28-2017, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by VideoMan

The PS4 and 3DS trailers sync up so perfectly. It's obviously intentional. Watch them side by side to compare.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ht...uthorName=dq11

Man the 3DS is missing a ton of effects on the spells compared to the PS4 version. Would actually be kind of cool to get the 3DS version on Switch with the graphics cranked up to 11. Also would be sweet to play the old style version on a big screen.
SpiceOrange
(07-28-2017, 02:08 AM)
Amazon's sending my 3DS copy whenever they can be arsed. They've been pretty quick so if I'm lucky I'll have it by Wednesday.

Starting with ye olde 2D version, will re-play in 3D right after, and will probably pick up a nice white PS4 Pro at some point and get the PS4 version in the fall.
plenilune
(07-28-2017, 02:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Wereroku

Man the 3DS is missing a ton of effects on the spells compared to the PS4 version. Would actually be kind of cool to get the 3DS version on Switch with the graphics cranked up to 11. Also would be sweet to play the old style version on a big screen.

I'm hoping the Switch ver will have both modes. But it is unlikely because of the map size difference (3DS map is smaller).
YankeeDonB
(07-28-2017, 02:12 AM)
Ooh, didn't realize Japanese release was so soon. This is up there with my most anticipated coming titles, so I'm excited to hear some impressions.
meppi
Banned
(07-28-2017, 02:13 AM)

There's a section on the official site where you can swap between the two just by clicking the screen. It's meant to be a comparison.

http://www.dq11.jp/movie/index.html

Top video

The 3DS version looks incredibly close all things considered!
I'll end up getting all 3 versions without a doubt, even if one of them remains Japan only.
Strings
(07-28-2017, 02:13 AM)
12 hours :D Super excited. This game was one of my major motivators to learn Japanese, and it's gonna feel great to dive into it.

Going with PS4, even though the battle camera looks kind of terrible (as much as it hurts to say).
ZeroD
(07-28-2017, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Strings

12 hours :D Super excited. This game was one of my major motivators to learn Japanese, and it's gonna feel great to dive into it.

Going with PS4, even though the battle camera looks kind of terrible (as much as it hurts to say).

Can't you change the camera? Pretty sure it's got two styles to choose from
Wereroku
(07-28-2017, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeroD

Can't you change the camera? Pretty sure it's got two styles to choose from

It does. I think a free roam camera and a fixed camera.
Strings
(07-28-2017, 02:19 AM)
Yeah, its just I won't be using free-roam because it looks bizarre to move around while everyone else is stationary, and imo the angles and pace of the auto-camera are really jarring.

But who knows, hopefully it's a non-issue when it comes to the actual game.
Valkerionseven
(07-28-2017, 02:34 AM)
Hmmm might buy it, my Japanese is no where near that good and the lack of furigana on the PS4 version... also leaving town Sunday....

Screw it.

Buying it.
Forkball
(07-28-2017, 02:38 AM)
There's a place in the back of the manual for us to write the passwords, right?
ChasingComets
(07-28-2017, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Valkerionseven

Hmmm might buy it, my Japanese is no where near that good and the lack of furigana on the PS4 version... also leaving town Sunday....

Screw it.

Buying it.

That exactly where I am with this as well, lol, but I think I'll wait out for the localisation.
MAtgS
(07-28-2017, 02:46 AM)
Man, I thought this was a 2018 game even in Japan.
Raw64life
(07-28-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by MAtgS

Man, I thought this was a 2018 game even in Japan.

I'd say that's what Square-Enix America wants you to think, but what they actually want you to think is that the game doesn't exist.
Daouzin
(07-28-2017, 03:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Biske

I guess I'll see you all in like 3 to 5 years when we can play this in english...

Same, tempted to get it anyway through a Japanese account just to play it for a bit and support the series.

I Imagine there will be walkthroughs. It's going to be hard to ignore when there isn't even a release date for the west.
Tohsaka
(07-28-2017, 03:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Daouzin

Same, tempted to get it anyway through a Japanese account just to play it for a bit and support the series.

I Imagine there will be walkthroughs. It's going to be hard to ignore when there isn't even a release date for the west.

Japanese wikis are already starting to go up, you should be able to play through it without too much trouble (aside from story details) with Google translate.
Last edited by Tohsaka; 07-28-2017 at 03:09 AM.
MaximumSpider
(07-28-2017, 03:10 AM)
Have fun. I can't wait for the day this hits NA.
purseowner
(07-28-2017, 03:53 AM)
Do we know the eShop price?

I'd much prefer physical, but impatience combined with having forgot to preorder leaves me weighing my options.
ZeroD
(07-28-2017, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by purseowner

Do we know the eShop price?

I'd much prefer physical, but impatience combined with having forgot to preorder leaves me weighing my options.

It's 6458 yen
MoonFrog
(07-28-2017, 03:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Raw64life

I'd say that's what Square-Enix America wants you to think, but what they actually want you to think is that the game doesn't exist.

I refuse to think that. I believe in Dragon Quest XI!
purseowner
(07-28-2017, 04:00 AM)

It's 6458 yen

Physical it is.
Sakura
Foreigners: Give them an inch (of animu panties), and they'll take a mile.

DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS.
(07-28-2017, 04:02 AM)
Should have my copy on the weekend, though with work and exams I won't be able to play until sometime next week.
SciencePilot
(07-28-2017, 04:08 AM)
Looking forward to impressions of this. It's a game I'm definitely interested in but not 100% sold on yet.

Of course there's also the matter of the NA release not being confirmed yet. I'd be in for the 3ds or the switch version. But I have a bad feeling that NA might only get the PS4 version.
Attack You
(07-28-2017, 04:10 AM)

Note that only the 3DS 3D version has furigana.

Godfuckingdammit, Enix.

That's what I get for laughing at you for considering playing both versions at the same time, because now I might just be right there with you.
Last edited by Attack You; 07-28-2017 at 04:15 AM.
kubus
(07-28-2017, 04:13 AM)
My LE from Square and Slime 2DS from amazon are most likely coming tomorrow. Hyped!
Raw64life
(07-28-2017, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by MoonFrog

I refuse to think that. I believe in Dragon Quest XI!

I mean, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll at least get the PS4 version, but it's not like they're saying "please be patient, we hope to announce something in the future" or something along those lines. Just complete radio silence.
DriftingSpirit
(07-28-2017, 04:15 AM)

I mean, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll at least get the PS4 version, but it's not like they're saying "please be patient, we hope to announce something in the future" or something along those lines. Just complete radio silence.

No way we get both Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest Builders and not the mainline title. It wouldn't make any sense.
MoonFrog
(07-28-2017, 04:25 AM)

We'll see what happens but I think we'll get something. If we don't...I'll just wait until some wonderful fan translates it, import it, and play it with that script at hand.

I was just having fun reading what you were saying as SE embarking on a malicious, Orwellian scheme to deny the existence of DQXI to the RotW, is all. That would be some nightmarish stuff :P.

But yeah, looking forward to impressions.
Vincent Grayson
(07-28-2017, 04:25 AM)
If one wanted to buy the digital version with their Japanese PSN account, what's the best way to get money onto that account to do so?
yankee666
(07-28-2017, 04:26 AM)
Yes!!, thanks Aeana for the |OT|.
Cant wait to play it. 3DS first, PS4 later. Switch maybe by the end of the year
I just hope customs doesnt hold my new 2DS LL for many days like the allways do.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(07-28-2017, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Grayson

If one wanted to buy the digital version with their Japanese PSN account, what's the best way to get money onto that account to do so?

You'll have to buy Japanese PSN codes from a site that emails them after purchase. Play-Asia, Solaris Japan, and Japan Codes all do that. I'm sure there are others.
encephalon
(07-28-2017, 04:27 AM)
There is probably no better game for early Japanese learners than Dragon Quest.
ckfy63a
(07-28-2017, 04:48 AM)
So...does this game have any new music at all? Last I remember from all the streams, it was all recycled from previous games. If so, is there a YouTube playlist setup?
Strings
(07-28-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by ckfy63a

So...does this game have any new music at all? Last I remember from all the streams, it was all recycled from previous games. If so, is there a YouTube playlist setup?

Err, I thought it was all new outside of some story-related throwback tracks?
The n00b Avenger
(07-28-2017, 04:50 AM)
Everything we've heard so far has been new and most of it will be original I imagine.

...awful quality but original nonetheless
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(07-28-2017, 04:52 AM)
Looking forward to impressions
Calm Mind
Banned
(07-28-2017, 04:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

Damn, game comes out this week and there's still no official word of a localization. Being an English-speaking Dragon Quest fan is so depressing.

Don't expect this in the West until at least late Spring 2018 at the earliest.
Last edited by Calm Mind; 07-28-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Earthbound64
(07-28-2017, 04:54 AM)
The 3DS version of this looks absolutely brilliant.
I want it so badly...
plenilune
(07-28-2017, 04:55 AM)

Originally Posted by The n00b Avenger

Everything we've heard so far has been new and most of it will be original I imagine.

...awful quality but original nonetheless

Old man is past his prime, alas. Nothing will top this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHWPds0sgw&t=42s
ranmafan
(07-28-2017, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by encephalon

There is probably no better game for early Japanese learners than Dragon Quest.

Yeah it's one of the better games to try out while studying Japanese. And I'd even say those worried about the kanji and all shouldn't too much as this is a good game to help you brush up on your kanji.

But yeah I can't wait to play in the morning. Part of me wishes I had gotten the digital versions so I can play at midnight tonight but I can wait a little longer. Japanese delivery companies are very good at delivering early in the morning games on release day so I should have not too long after those who buy it in stores in the morning. Plus I need to try and get through ffxii zodiac tonight so I guess I can wait a little. I just hope I get that shipping email soon. Square Enix's Japanese store emails usually come late though.
Kyoufu
(07-28-2017, 04:57 AM)
Do we know if there's a quick save feature in this and what restrictions it has?
decoyplatypus
(07-28-2017, 04:58 AM)
Every version looks great to me. I hope they all come west so I can tie myself in knots deciding which to play first. Otherwise 3DS version could be a real candidate for my first import RPG, non-fan-translated division.
RoninChaos
(07-28-2017, 04:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Biske

I guess I'll see you all in like 3 to 5 years when we can play this in english...

Looks awesome as hell. Tempted to go the John Ricciardi route and learn japanese with a game like this lol.

Lol iknorite.
Devilgunman
(07-28-2017, 05:02 AM)
Can't wait for the sale figures. This is possibly the biggest PS4 game in Japan this year.
ZeroD
(07-28-2017, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by ranmafan

Yeah it's one of the better games to try out while studying Japanese. And I'd even say those worried about the kanji and all shouldn't too much as this is a good game to help you brush up on your kanji.

But yeah I can't wait to play in the morning. Part of me wishes I had gotten the digital versions so I can play at midnight tonight but I can wait a little longer. Japanese delivery companies are very good at delivering early in the morning games on release day so I should have not too long after those who buy it in stores in the morning. Plus I need to try and get through ffxii zodiac tonight so I guess I can wait a little. I just hope I get that shipping email soon. Square Enix's Japanese store emails usually come late though.

This is the first time I've used their store, you have experience with them? I ordered the double pack so I'm hoping to get the email soon as well and hoping I get it tomorrow morning
ranmafan
(07-28-2017, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Devilgunman

Can't wait for the sale figures. This is possibly the biggest PS4 game in Japan this year.

I would say based on history this will most likely be the biggest PS4 game in Japan ever sales wise when all is said and done.
ranmafan
(07-28-2017, 05:08 AM)

This is the first time I've used their store, you have experience with them? I ordered the double pack so I'm hoping to get the email soon as well and hoping I get it tomorrow morning

Yes I ordered that huge final fantasy ultimate special edition from them before last year. Their email came a little later than some stores, I think I got it like at 10pm, but it was delivered on release day the next day around 9am. So yeah they are good, fast, and very reliable. Although I wish they were like Falcom's store, which delivers their games the day before release date. Main reason why I always order from falcons store for their games.

But yeah me too, got the double pack coming from them, it's going to be awesome.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(07-28-2017, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Do we know if there's a quick save feature in this and what restrictions it has?

3DS verison has quick save, PS4 has auto save. Don't know about restrictions.
urfe
(07-28-2017, 05:10 AM)
Have it preloaded onto my 3DS. Sadly have plans all day tomorrow, so will be diving into it on Sunday. Will be doing 2D as much as possible.