• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Psxphile
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:25 PM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thud

Trails of Fast Steel



How appropriate.
Thoraxes
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:25 PM)
Thoraxes's Avatar
Thanks to XSEED and Durante for the great port!

Everyone buy this!
Ascheroth
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:28 PM)
Ascheroth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile



How appropriate.

Lmao
Dragoon En Regalia
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:28 PM)
Dragoon En Regalia's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZanTeef

GOG version includes the DLC? I didnt see it on sale yet

Most DLC's inside the main game as NG+ unlockables and maybe items you can buy from Le Sage in Trista. Only the Casuals DLC is sold separately, and that might not be up on GOG yet.
epmode
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:30 PM)
epmode's Avatar
Oh shit, itís today! Buying now.
Jiraiza
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:31 PM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile



How appropriate.

The Fast Crafts Man is truly a man to reckoned with.
Cornbread78
(08-02-2017, 08:34 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by holysan

The NOT incest ship is the best

Well, they aren't blood siblings and they aren't even cousins, so.....

Anyhow, Princess gets my vote as well, but not ToCSII.

Overall, canon ship was well written past the initial "anime" moments...
preta
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:36 PM)
It really should be added to the OP that, while you'll understand almost all of the story just fine anyway, it is definitely still preferable to play Sky before CS if possible, as CS1 contains one pretty major spoiler for SC and CS2 contains several others for all three Sky games. There are also a couple of revelations in the CS games that are a lot more impactful if you have context from Sky, and some subtext that you won't notice without playing them.

Playing Crossbell before CS, on top of being a much more difficult proposition for the English-speaking audience, is actually not as important as Crossbell and CS both spoil things about each other. In fact, it might even be better to play CS/CS2 first in this regard.
Thud
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:38 PM)
Thud's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile



How appropriate.

(laughs)

I believe that's the first time I got avatar quoted as well :).
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(08-02-2017, 08:40 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar
AY yo, where's the DLC for the GOG version?
apd_ng
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:44 PM)
A bit off topic but how do you build fast crafts man?
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 08:45 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

AY yo, where's the DLC for the GOG version?

We have some issues with the DLC unlock on GoG. It will be sorted out, but it might take a day or two.
ShadowSoldier89
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:47 PM)
ShadowSoldier89's Avatar
so, anyone working on skipping straight to NG+ yet
JoeyJungle
Banned
(08-02-2017, 08:47 PM)
lmao, I forgot the AA options Durante added, I just clicked the Max settings and set the resolution to 5k. Got like 8fps during the opening cutscene for a new game on a 6700k/980ti.

edit: no borderless windowed mode in the launcher?

Also I think there's no way to exit from the main menu besides alt+f4 (exit prompt doesn't appear until going into the in-game menu).

OK that's weird, I get like 100FPS at 4K, I guess 5K is just wacky? Also, are there supposed to sometimes be borders at the top and bottom of the screen? During convos and cutscenes?
Dragoon En Regalia
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:49 PM)
Dragoon En Regalia's Avatar

Originally Posted by apd_ng

A bit off topic but how do you build fast crafts man?

Kitty Suit makes Richard one bouncy Craft abuser. I'm not sure how broken he plays compared to other series fighters, especially in Cold Steel, but he's top-tier for sure.
Ohtsam
Banned
(08-02-2017, 08:51 PM)
A really damn good port from my time going through the prologue. Only features I'd want now are a built in borderless windowed mode and an option to let the game keep playing (and read controller input) when the focus is lost.
Thud
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:54 PM)
Thud's Avatar

Originally Posted by apd_ng

A bit off topic but how do you build fast crafts man?

Generally with CP recovery items and speed/strength enhancements and buffs. Then you just use the divider crafts and enjoy your long turns :).

In Cold Steel you can have similar things, but not as extreme as fast crafts man. Its sequel does have fast arts man.
BossDarkseid
Member
(08-02-2017, 08:57 PM)
BossDarkseid's Avatar
Hmm, weird issue. I have my 360 Controller for PC hooked up and I can navigate the launcher with it just fine (cool feature) but when I boot the game itself up...the Xbox prompts are there but nothing responds to my input on the controller.

If i use K+M it works fine...I have the 2009 drivers for it because otherwise I get a pretty common bug with the Souls games on PC that gives you fairly persistent stuttering, but I'm not sure its that : /

Could be.

Feel like i'm missing something obvious
Sarek
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:02 PM)
Sarek's Avatar
Playing this with DS4 on tv screen feels almost like PS4 port. Also I love turbo mode even more than I expected.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 09:12 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by BossDarkseid

Hmm, weird issue. I have my 360 Controller for PC hooked up and I can navigate the launcher with it just fine (cool feature) but when I boot the game itself up...the Xbox prompts are there but nothing responds to my input on the controller.

If i use K+M it works fine...I have the 2009 drivers for it because otherwise I get a pretty common bug with the Souls games on PC that gives you fairly persistent stuttering, but I'm not sure its that : /

Could be.

Feel like i'm missing something obvious

You might not be missing something obvious, if you are using Windows 10 at least. Microsoft created so many ways in that to break the Xinput support :/

We tested on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 both pre-creator and post-creator update with an Xinput controller, but it's perfectly possible something slipped thorugh.
Jonnax
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:13 PM)
My controller doesn't seem to be working on the title screen, anyone else have the same issue? I'm using DS4Windows.

Edit: Fixed it by disabling DS4Windows and using the inbult steam support.
Knurek
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:13 PM)
Knurek's Avatar
Absurd settings all around, 1080p + MSAA x8 and I still routinely get 144+ fps?
What do I have to do to make the game hurt my computer? Downsample from 4k? I don't have that good of a hardware, really...
purseowner
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:13 PM)
purseowner's Avatar
Please tell us you'll be working on Cold Steel II, Durante.

This port is god-tier.
BossDarkseid
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:18 PM)
BossDarkseid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Durante

You might not be missing something obvious, if you are using Windows 10 at least. Microsoft created so many ways in that to break the Xinput support :/

We tested on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 both pre-creator and post-creator update with an Xinput controller, but it's perfectly possible something slipped thorugh.

Someone on Steam suggested I try configuring the controller in Big Picture mode (I've NEVER used that before so it didn't even occur to me) and now it works fine :P Not to sound insincere after that but thank you for your work on the port! I look forward to whiling away 100hours of my life when I should be doing other stuff
PantsuJo
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:23 PM)
PantsuJo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psxphile



How appropriate.

Lol
Shake Appeal
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:27 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Thanks to XSEED and Durante for the great port!

Everyone buy this!

Yes, please. Trails is literally the only non-Persona JRPG series that has ever just seized me completely.

I need Trails to Zero/Trails to Azure on my PC.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 09:29 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Knurek

Absurd settings all around, 1080p + MSAA x8 and I still routinely get 144+ fps?
What do I have to do to make the game hurt my computer? Downsample from 4k? I don't have that good of a hardware, really...

It's decently optimized :P
Knurek
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:32 PM)
Knurek's Avatar
Props for finally using lossless music as well.
(Unless those WAVs in the game folder are just converted from lossy ATRAC9/3 files from the Vita/PS3 versions).

PROTIP: Rename them to *.lwav, and you can play them with loops preserved using VGMStream.
The Wart
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:35 PM)
The Wart's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Thanks to XSEED and Durante for the great port!

Everyone buy this!

OKAY OKAY sheesh stop twisting my arm. My fiance might be annoyed but I'll just explain to her that Mr Thoraxes was being very aggressive and I feared for my safety.
schlynch
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:37 PM)
schlynch's Avatar
This characters... ugh. What happened to the nice art and character design of TitS (FC)?
PantsuJo
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:39 PM)
PantsuJo's Avatar
I will buy this ASAP, it's beautiful
Jonnax
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:43 PM)
Ah, saw the cut scene for getting off the train and got this



Edit: Went through it again and it didn't crash. :)
Turbo mode is excellent.
schlynch
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:44 PM)
schlynch's Avatar
There are a good amount of people in the steam forum reporting these kind of problems too.
thematic
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:46 PM)
I've done my part
now hurry up with ToCS II

and then bring ToCS III to Steam too
and Zero no Kiseki
and Ao no Kiseki

come on XSEED!
Novel Mike
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:47 PM)
Novel Mike's Avatar

Originally Posted by schlynch

This characters... ugh. What happened to the nice art and character design of TitS (FC)?

They get better, they may start off in very stereotypical ways but there is a hell of a lot of depth to each of them as you'd expect from this series. I will say that certain characters don't have everything about them just explained right to your face, most notably Gaius. His development is more subtle then others.

Edit: I played through the prologue on stream with 0 bugs/crashes from what I could tell. A few graphic glitches sure but thats not from the port thats just the game/engine. I didn't play with Framerate unlocked though, just 60FPS (since I was streaming anyway XD)

Great port Durante, loving all the work you've done the Turbo feature is great for getting through these early battles.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 09:48 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jonnax

Ah, saw the cut scene for getting off the train and got this

That's very bad, we don't have any known crash bugs.

Is it repeatable?
Shake Appeal
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:53 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar

Originally Posted by thematic

and Zero no Kiseki
and Ao no Kiseki

come on XSEED!

Hey Durante, any insight into this? ;)
JoeyJungle
Banned
(08-02-2017, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by schlynch

This characters... ugh. What happened to the nice art and character design of TitS (FC)?

Originally Posted by PantsuJo

I will buy this ASAP, it's beautiful

neogaf.gif
Jazzem
Member
(08-02-2017, 09:58 PM)
Jazzem's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

It really should be added to the OP that, while you'll understand almost all of the story just fine anyway, it is definitely still preferable to play Sky before CS if possible, as CS1 contains one pretty major spoiler for SC and CS2 contains several others for all three Sky games. There are also a couple of revelations in the CS games that are a lot more impactful if you have context from Sky, and some subtext that you won't notice without playing them..

Roughly, how many hours into CS1 would you say the SC spoiler is?
Jonnax
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Durante

That's very bad, we don't have any known crash bugs.

Is it repeatable?

Just got it again but a bit later.

Specs:
Windows 10
Dell XPS 13
i7-6500U
Intel HD 520
16gb RAM

Config:

Loz246789
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:01 PM)
Loz246789's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jazzem

Roughly, how many hours into CS1 would you say the SC spoiler is?

If you're paying attention, it's within the first few hours, but realistically it's a few chapters in. It's... possible you might not notice? but it's incredibly unlikely.
PunishedOkabe
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:03 PM)
PunishedOkabe's Avatar
Double Dipped to support XSeed
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 10:05 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jonnax

Just got it again but a bit later.

Sadly, that's more sporadic than repeatable :/

What are your system specs, and which settings are you playing at?
Edit: oh, you already posted them, thanks.

Could you try if the issue still occurs if you run without MSAA? We seem to have some problems particularly on Intel with that.
Uthred
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:06 PM)
Uthred's Avatar
Bit disappointing theres no dual audio, the english VA seems fairly average based on the streams linked upthread.
Jonnax
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Durante

Sadly, that's more sporadic than repeatable :/

What are your system specs, and which settings are you playing at?
Edit: oh, you already posted them, thanks.

Could you try if the issue still occurs if you run without MSAA? We seem to have some problems particularly on Intel with that.

Sure, I'll disable it and see if it happens again.

Thanks :)
Nyoro SF
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:10 PM)
Nyoro SF's Avatar
Purchased all the costume DLC (good bundle deal). Normally I never do this for any game period, but for a replay of this and as a thanks for all the hard work, it's worth the price!

Originally Posted by Uthred

Bit disappointing theres no dual audio, the english VA seems fairly average based on the streams linked upthread.

If you know where to look, it's not such a big issue.

Originally Posted by Loz246789

If you're paying attention, it's within the first few hours, but realistically it's a few chapters in. It's... possible you might not notice? but it's incredibly unlikely.

The SC spoiler is written in such a way that it's really easy to miss. Even when I looked for it deliberately, I remember the language being vague to the point where it was a non-issue.

However I will say, the events of Chapter 4, the beginning of chapter 5, and the final chapter near the end, is where it is best to have played Sky series first, but it's not such a huge deal. It's all about whether you want to maximize enjoyment.
JoeyJungle
Banned
(08-02-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Nyoro SF

The SC spoiler is written in such a way that it's really easy to miss. Even when I looked for it deliberately, I remember the language being vague to the point where it was a non-issue.

However I will say, the events of Chapter 4, the beginning of chapter 5, and the final chapter near the end, is where it is best to have played Sky series first, but it's not such a huge deal. It's all about whether you want to maximize enjoyment.

Yeah, I know that FC+SC are recommended before playing Cold Steel, but I've fallen off of FC so many times now that I'm just gonna play Cold Steel and see if I'm actually interested in this series instead of putting in 80+ hours into a pair of games that I'm not sure I'll enjoy. Especially since the style of Cold Steel is just a lot more appealing to me than FC/SC.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(08-02-2017, 10:22 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

Bit disappointing theres no dual audio, the english VA seems fairly average based on the streams linked upthread.

I just read on the Steam forums a few seconds ago (while browsing for bug reports) that there's apparently already an undub.
If true, I'm impressed at the speed.
Jonnax
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:25 PM)
Yep, happened again.

Only setting change is disabling MSAA
Jiraiza
Member
(08-02-2017, 10:26 PM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Durante

I just read on the Steam forums a few seconds ago (while browsing for bug reports) that there's apparently already an undub.
If true, I'm impressed at the speed.

Yep, files of the Japanese voices are floating around on the internet.

Thread Tools