• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PrinceKee
(08-07-2017, 04:45 PM)
I'm interested in this game so I'll check in on this OT for impressions and reviews. One thing that I'm worried about is the combat. Enemies don't seem to react to hits..
Innolis
(08-07-2017, 04:50 PM)
I'm in for anything that has Ben Templesmith in it.
hey_it's_that_dog
benevolent sexism
(08-07-2017, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by PrinceKee

I'm interested in this game so I'll check in on this OT for impressions and reviews. One thing that I'm worried about is the combat. Enemies don't seem to react to hits..

The big ones don't but the smaller ones do. I share your concern nonetheless.
Savantcore
(08-07-2017, 05:10 PM)

Originally Posted by PrinceKee

The big enemies absorb a lot of hits but the smaller ones all react to each individual strike.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I think I'll enjoy it but I reckon it'll land in the 60s on Metacritic.
mollipen
(08-07-2017, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Soulblighter31

Keep in mind at first they said on twitter 6 to 8 hours, which actually means 6 hours, but in actual fact you'll probably finish in 4 if you dont stretch it artificially and look at evey wall and texture

This is not a four hour game.
FaintDeftone
(08-07-2017, 05:30 PM)
Someone posted the first 30 minutes of the game on YouTube. Not sure how long this will last before taken down. However, it does confirm that there is a permadeath system.

https://youtu.be/n7qFzlzvLqs
Wozman23
(08-07-2017, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Alastor3

Where can I find the 25min Senua's psychosis featurette? I thought it would be release before the game, or maybe it's include in the game?

It's included in the game.
Keym
(08-07-2017, 05:39 PM)
I watched a couple of minutes of a stream, and yeah, the combat looks pretty simple and it's more of a walking simulator. Granted, it doesn't look like a bad walking simulator, but you know.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(08-07-2017, 05:40 PM)
Slick OT, Wozman23. Well done!
I'm looking forward to the insanity.
bbd23
(08-07-2017, 05:42 PM)

Originally Posted by mollipen

This is not a four hour game.

So the original estimates are correct?
Zukkoyaki
(08-07-2017, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Keym

I watched a couple of minutes of a stream, and yeah, the combat looks pretty simple and it's more of a walking simulator. Granted, it doesn't look like a bad walking simulator, but you know.

So reviewers are going to dock it hard because it isn't what they expected it would be. Got it!
Gbraga
(08-07-2017, 05:49 PM)

Can it be a speed-between-walking-and-sprinting simulator, at least?
J4g3r
(08-07-2017, 05:55 PM)
Anyone know what time it's unlocking on PS4?

Central Time to be specific.
OtisInf
(08-07-2017, 05:55 PM)

Sounds great to me. The game has amazing atmosphere (from the videos/shots I've seen) and will be a blast to take screenshots of (yes, some of us are that weird!). Hopefully the photomode is OK enough (creating one is fun too, but if a decent one is already there, it's good too). 1 day to go! :)
prudislav
(08-07-2017, 05:59 PM)

I guess we saw different streams ,combat is fine and its much less walkins sim than nuTomb Raider is
melkier33
(08-07-2017, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by J4g3r

Anyone know what time it's unlocking on PS4?

Central Time to be specific.

11pm.
mollipen
(08-07-2017, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by bbd23

So the original estimates are correct?

It's hard for me to know for sure given the game has no built-in timer, but my guess is that it took me slightly longer than those estimates as someone who did enjoy some amount of poking around and taking screenshots.
J4g3r
(08-07-2017, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by melkier33

11pm.

Thanks man!
Keym
(08-07-2017, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by prudislav

I guess we saw different streams ,combat is fine and its much less walkins sim than nuTomb Raider is

It was somewhere around the 30 minutes mark, maybe it opens up a bit after the beginning. The combat, ehhh, I went back to watch and it still looked rather simple. Attack, attack, attack, block if you see an enemy attacking, attack. It's not exactly DmC.

In any case, from what I've seen, it's worth it for the atmosphere alone!
Sylas
(08-07-2017, 06:11 PM)
I'm immensely nervous about this game. I can't read the whole thread right now, but are there any impressions about how it uses the concept of psychosis? As someone that deals with mental illness I'm wary of the game and if they'll use it... respectfully I guess? Not as a storytelling caveat, basically. Is it used well or is it more like, "Ooooh she sees demons because of her psychosis!!!!"?
Melkezadek
(08-07-2017, 06:14 PM)
Been looking forward to this since it was announced. Gotta remember to preorder later. No way the game won't at least be interesting.
GamingMajic
(08-07-2017, 06:20 PM)
So when are reviews expected to drop for this game?
bbd23
(08-07-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by mollipen

It's hard for me to know for sure given the game has no built-in timer, but my guess is that it took me slightly longer than those estimates as someone who did enjoy some amount of poking around and taking screenshots.

awesome! thanks.
pakkit
Banned
(08-07-2017, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by FaintDeftone

Someone posted the first 30 minutes of the game on YouTube. Not sure how long this will last before taken down. However, it does confirm that there is a permadeath system.

Confirms the perma-death mechanic. If you die too many times, all narrative progression is lost. Seems like an interesting idea. Really love the world building/performance in those first 30.
rikichi
(08-07-2017, 06:31 PM)
This looks good. I'm hoping the game reviews well.
Wishmaster92
(08-07-2017, 06:37 PM)
60fps pro support is enough for me to buy. That and i'm a huge NT fan so i buy everything they release.
Wozman23
(08-07-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Im colourblind and cant read it at all lol. Im sure its great though. Looks like a good idea of a game, wonder if it will be good. I work in the mental health field and am interested to see how they handle this.

(Et al. who think the OP looks bad)

Better?
corin7
(08-07-2017, 06:47 PM)
Amazing OT! Already bought'd. I have genuinely enjoyed all of Ninja Theory's games can't wait to get my hands on this.
scriptgiant
(08-07-2017, 06:47 PM)
I'm really excited to play this game. I just put together a new PC so I will definitely take advantage of the uncapped FPS. I will also follow of the advice of everyone and play this with headphones on. Interested to see how the bin-aural audio comes into play or just a gimmick.
GavinUK86
(08-07-2017, 06:49 PM)

Maybe the permadeath thing is optional? Or only turned on on higher difficulties.

Originally Posted by FaintDeftone

What point is the permadeath bit? I don't wanna see too many spoilers. Does it kick them back to the menu or something?
Keym
(08-07-2017, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by GavinUK86

What point is the permadeath bit? I don't wanna see too many spoilers. Does it kick them back to the menu or something?

Around the 24:50 mark. The game confirms it via text.
Kwansu Dudes
(08-07-2017, 06:56 PM)
I saw someone compare this to Ryse and I think it's apt; though I hope the gameplay and enemies don't become as repetitive. Really looking forward to this.
x-Lundz-x
(08-07-2017, 06:58 PM)
I just heard about this for the first time the other day. Very interested, and Great OT!
GavinUK86
(08-07-2017, 07:05 PM)

Around the 24:50 mark. The game confirms it via text.

Oh yeah I see, thanks. So it seems you have an undisclosed amount of "lives" before you permanently die. I guess that number is dependent on the difficulty. Interesting.
Static Veins
(08-07-2017, 07:18 PM)
Very interested in this. Gonna wait on the reviews and first impressions to decide whether to pick this up or spend an extra 5 for Horizon in the current sale.
Svejk
(08-07-2017, 07:24 PM)
Any trophy listings? Will this actually have a Platinum, or top out at a gold?
ukas
(08-07-2017, 07:27 PM)
Does anyone know if there will be a game profile for the Sony headsets?
Anung
Un Rama
(08-07-2017, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Svejk

It does have a platinum and the trophies look pretty straight forward.
Mifune
Mehmber
(08-07-2017, 07:29 PM)
Is this the first non-VR game to have binaural audio? I can't think of any others, at least on console.
Sub Boss
(08-07-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Savantcore

The big enemies absorb a lot of hits but the smaller ones all react to each individual strike.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I think I'll enjoy it but I reckon it'll land in the 60s on Metacritic.

All Ninja Thepry games have been critically well recieved its just that if you are an action game fan besides DmC there isn't much to look forward to.
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(08-07-2017, 07:37 PM)
Man some of the imagery in that first half hour is pretty tough to watch when you know people who go through these things.....
Lee Chaolan
(08-07-2017, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Soulblighter31

Keep in mind at first they said on twitter 6 to 8 hours, which actually means 6 hours, but in actual fact you'll probably finish in 4 if you dont stretch it artificially and look at evey wall and texture

on the other hand, I'm the type that takes a lot longer to play through games,searching everywhere, or simply taking my time taking in the atmosphere.

So for me, it's closer to 12-14 hours. ;p
blastprocessor
The Amiga Brotherhood
(08-07-2017, 07:57 PM)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Walkthrough PART 1 (PS4 Pro) No Commentary @ 1080p (60ᶠᵖˢ) HD ✔

Spoiler alert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xIH3M8cEUY

I'm just watching it to see what the pro framerate is like.
NeoRaider
(08-07-2017, 07:58 PM)
Pre-load is finally up on Steam.
13GB.
blastprocessor
The Amiga Brotherhood
(08-07-2017, 08:00 PM)
Might pick this up on PC unlocks in 10 hours.
DriftingSpirit
(08-07-2017, 08:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Svejk

Pretty straightforward.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/644...nuas-sacrifice
NeoRaider
(08-07-2017, 08:04 PM)
Some ppl are saying that it won't have achievements on Steam. Is that true or page is just not updated?
CyberPunked
(08-07-2017, 08:05 PM)
Here's hoping it's a good PC port.
Gbraga
(08-07-2017, 08:11 PM)
Did anyone get to see the in-game difficulty mode descriptions? Very curious to see how each of them work.
benzopil
(08-07-2017, 08:12 PM)
So will we ever see reviews or...