• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lee Chaolan
(08-07-2017, 07:13 PM)
How's the pre-order theme?

I'm a sucker for great ones and have sometimes been known to have a great theme push me over the top on a pre-order ;p
Harlequin
(08-07-2017, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by benzopil

So will we ever see reviews or...

I think the embargo lifts when the game unlocks so yes we will but not quite yet.
NeoRaider
(08-07-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Lee Chaolan

I'm a sucker for great ones and have sometimes been known to have a great theme push me over the top on a pre-order ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rKaPjA2Hg
Duxxy3
(08-07-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by CyberPunked

Here's hoping it's a good PC port.

DMC and Enslaved run well on PC.
NewDust
(08-07-2017, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

Man some of the imagery in that first half hour is pretty tough to watch when you know people who go through these things.....

Nothing majorly spoiled, but spoiler tags don't work for images on mobile.
mollipen
(08-07-2017, 07:32 PM)

So will we ever see reviews or...

The embargo date and time is listed in the first post.
Anderson DL
(08-07-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Sylas

I'm immensely nervous about this game. I can't read the whole thread right now, but are there any impressions about how it uses the concept of psychosis? As someone that deals with mental illness I'm wary of the game and if they'll use it... respectfully I guess? Not as a storytelling caveat, basically. Is it used well or is it more like, "Ooooh she sees demons because of her psychosis!!!!"?

I'm actually impressed with how much work they put into understanding psychosis and translating it into a game.

For instance, check this out. It's a brief teaser of a 25 minute featurette in the game, about how they handled the issue:

https://youtu.be/Meo0nK6u3OI

If you listen to what some of the participants (patients?) say in this clip, this was "no token effort," but a serious and sincere attempt by the developers to listen, understand, and integrate what they heard into the game.

In the end, it's still a videogame, so it's going to be "gamey" in some ways -- the aim is entertainment, after all, not (primarily) an authentic rendition of the psychotic experience. But it sounds to me like they did due diligence, in trying to handle the subject matter in a reasonably authentic way. It certainly sounds better than a lot of what we've seen before in videogames.

p.s. It was actually that teaser that pushed me over the edge and persuaded me that I have to play this game.
Last edited by Anderson DL; 08-07-2017 at 07:41 PM.
exmachina64
(08-07-2017, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Harlequin

I think the embargo lifts when the game unlocks so yes we will but not quite yet.

When does the game unlock on PC?
Gurish
(08-07-2017, 07:34 PM)
I really hope it reviews and seels well, this kind of model deserves a lot of success.
Flying Toaster
(08-07-2017, 07:47 PM)
Great OP I am excited for this game and cannot wait to play tonight on the PC. I am looking forward to what they bring to the table given the subject matter and fact that they are trying to hit that sweet spot that AAA games ignore.
Harlequin
(08-07-2017, 07:56 PM)

Originally Posted by exmachina64

When does the game unlock on PC?

Nine hours from now according to the Steam page.
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(08-07-2017, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by blastprocessor

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Walkthrough PART 1 (PS4 Pro) No Commentary @ 1080p (60ᶠᵖˢ) HD ✔

Spoiler alert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xIH3M8cEUY

I'm just watching it to see what the pro framerate is like.

What's with the brightness settings in that video?
Sigfodr
(08-07-2017, 08:09 PM)
The review embargo is a little concerning, but maybe there's a good reason for it (spoilers, concerns about reviewers not "getting" it. whatever). No matter what though, I'm super eager to see how some of their design decisions from the dev diaries work out.

Originally Posted by Lee Chaolan

I'm running theme now. It's the first time I've changed mine since the Transistor theme came out and I'm happy with it. It's a decent theme, and coupled with supporting the game, I was sold.

Edit: Also, the theme has binaural audio like in the game
Last edited by Sigfodr; 08-07-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Lee Chaolan
(08-07-2017, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Sigfodr

I'm running theme now. It's the first time I've changed mine since the Transistor theme came out and I'm happy with it. It's a decent them, and coupled with supporting the game, I was sold.

Thanks, was hoping to get an actual impression and not just a video :)

I'm thinking along the same lines, will be nice to support this effort, nice price point and I've always enjoyed NT games, especially Enslaved.

Gonna pre-order it.
Jeronimo Jones
(08-07-2017, 08:22 PM)
The OT and the game itself look great. I'm planning to pick this up soon to try it out.
SmoothRunningGun
(08-07-2017, 08:23 PM)
Red text on black background melts my eyes. Kinda fits the game though.
ChillyBilly
(08-07-2017, 08:36 PM)
I know many other people have already said this but wow, great job on the OT!
NewDust
(08-07-2017, 08:43 PM)
Having seen a very short scene in 21:9, I think this game will look great on ultra wide displays, with it's closer camera. Sadly I don't own such a monitor or a decent gaming pc. But if someone could capture and upload some gameplay in 21:9 that would make my day.
~Kinggi~
Banned
(08-07-2017, 08:43 PM)
Looking forward to reviews. This has been in dev for a long time.
Anung
Un Rama
(08-07-2017, 09:01 PM)
I'm hoping a tweet Jim Sterling made recently isn't an allusion to this game. Hopefully it's something else.

Wish the reviews would hurry up I just need that push in one direction or the other.
Last edited by Anung; 08-07-2017 at 09:05 PM.
GameAddict411
(08-07-2017, 09:02 PM)
Any news about the PC version, and how it's running?
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(08-07-2017, 09:07 PM)
Another PS4 Pro video with proper color Rajman's video settings as always are completely fucked up. :/
benzopil
(08-07-2017, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by mollipen

The embargo date and time is listed in the first post.

Looks like it's already time, but still nothing =|
Wozman23
(08-07-2017, 09:10 PM)

Looks like it's already time, but still nothing =|

Midnight PST is still a little less than 11 hours away. Compared to the NA launch, which equates to 9PM PST tonight - in 8 hours.
benzopil
(08-07-2017, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Wozman23

Midnight PST is still a little less than 11 hours away.

Ok I'm terrible with time zones lol
tesqui
(08-07-2017, 09:12 PM)
This game has such a weird camera perspective for being what seems to be a hack and slash. It's got a weird Ryse vibe to me. Hopefully it's better than that game!
PerZona
(08-07-2017, 09:16 PM)
Just triggered the purchase on Steam for this game, can't wait for it. Honestly it looks fantastic and it's in the vikings era too isn't it?
Wozman23
(08-07-2017, 09:18 PM)

Ok I'm terrible with time zones lol

No problem. Time zones and regional pricing are the bane of |OT| creation.

The developer is from the United Kingdom, with an embargo noted in an American time zone, plus regional equivalent pricing to boot. Sometimes I wish I was the more typical narrow-minded American.

Originally Posted by ChillyBilly

I know many other people have already said this but wow, great job on the OT!

Thanks. Gotta have the positive comments to outweigh the ones that say it looks bad.
Last edited by Wozman23; 08-07-2017 at 09:25 PM.
chandoog
(08-07-2017, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

Another PS4 Pro video with proper color Rajman's video settings as always are completely fucked up. :/

That looks good.

I think I'll stick to the high resolution mode. This doesn't look like the type of game which requires really fluid responses but I wouldn't mind playing this on the highest resolution possible. The slow pacing will make the 30 FPS cap acceptable.
KageMaru
(08-07-2017, 09:22 PM)
Great OP!

Is there any reason to get the PS4 reason of you have a capable PC? Wasn't sure if the console version supported HDR or anything special like that.
DantesLink
(08-07-2017, 09:24 PM)
Top quality OP work, Wozman23! Currently waiting on initial impressions and PC port reports.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-07-2017, 09:24 PM)
Really looking forward to this. Big fan of NT's games and want to support small scale games like this. Got it preloaded and ready to go.
tioslash
(08-07-2017, 09:36 PM)
Im ready! Pre-loaded on Steam.
Harlequin
(08-07-2017, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by PerZona

Just triggered the purchase on Steam for this game, can't wait for it. Honestly it looks fantastic and it's in the vikings era too isn't it?

Yup. It's set somewhere in Britain and the protagonist is a Celt whose village was attacked by Vikings IIRC. Which is a tiny bit confusing to me because they've said that they were inspired by a Celtic-Roman goddess called Senua which originally made me think that they were trying to suggest that the Senua in the game is supposed to be the person who was eventually deified and whorshipped during Roman times but from what I've read, the Viking raids in Britain didn't start until long after the Roman era so that can't be the case. Guess they just meant that they used that name and Celtic culture/history as a general creative jump-off point.

EDIT: Someone on Tomb Raider Forums finished the game and posted some impressions:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid

Finished the game.
50% love. 50% hate.
Trial-and-error segments.
Combat is definitely the strong point.
2 hour segment in the middle of the game with not one bit of combat, whatsoever.
Good game regardless, definitely recommend for the half-price tag! :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=118
Last edited by Harlequin; 08-07-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Nintendo's Witch
(08-07-2017, 09:48 PM)
Will watch this closely, if it ends up being good may jump in.
GavinUK86
(08-07-2017, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Harlequin

EDIT: Someone on Tomb Raider Forums finished the game and posted some impressions:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=118

2 hour segment in the middle of the game with not one bit of combat, whatsoever. - NT covered that in the dev diaries if anyone was watching 'em. Personally, I'm fine with that.

The rest sound fine. Good to hear the combat is really good. That seems to be most peoples issue.
AdamT
(08-07-2017, 10:19 PM)
Ugh, the countdown timer is such a tease on my PS4. Wont be able to play until late tomorrow evening.
xxRONN1Nxx
(08-07-2017, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by AdamT

Ugh, the countdown timer is such a tease on my PS4. Wont be able to play until late tomorrow evening.

I'm lookin at it too lol and it unlocks to far past my bedtime. Work comes to early. Tomorrow evening it on though.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-07-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by AdamT

This is why I hate digital preorders and preloading. The whole game is already on your hard drive but you can't play it. The countdown timer just taunts you.
rmanthorp
(08-07-2017, 10:59 PM)
Yo did Ninja Theory just drop the Platinum God Saur in their playtests for the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUphf0usdM That's SUPER interesting. Wonder how deep the combat actually is then, assumed it would be closer to HS than DMC because of the focus on story.
Inkvoterad
(08-07-2017, 11:00 PM)
Sooo is the game 60fps on ps4? Might get it there if so, otherwise i'll get GOG pc.
Dundar
(08-07-2017, 11:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Inkvoterad

Sooo is the game 60fps on ps4? Might get it there if so, otherwise i'll get GOG pc.

60fps on Ps4 Pro only.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-07-2017, 11:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Inkvoterad

There's a 60fps mode on the Pro. Base PS4 and the high res mode on Pro are 30fps.
Inkvoterad
(08-07-2017, 11:05 PM)
Aahh okay, GoG it is.
Croash
(08-07-2017, 11:09 PM)
I remember leaving the first comment on Ninja Theory's blog when Hellblade was announced 3 years ago, super excited, not knowing what the game would look like.

Well, I'm still as excited as ever!

Launching the game in a few minutes, let's do this. Please don't disappoint, Ninja Theory! <3
KageMaru
(08-07-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

There's a 60fps mode on the Pro. Base PS4 and the high res mode on Pro are 30fps.

PC version it is then.
Harlequin
(08-07-2017, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Croash

Launching the game in a few minutes, let's do this. Please don't disappoint, Ninja Theory! <3

Is it already playable on PS4? Because I thought it unlocked at the same time for everyone on Steam.
Reedirect
(08-07-2017, 11:33 PM)
Starting on PS4 now. Thinking about dodging reviews until I finish it.
mauaus
(08-07-2017, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Reedirect

Starting on PS4 now. Thinking about dodging reviews until I finish it.

IMpressions please!
Gareth Bale
(08-07-2017, 11:50 PM)
This review popped up on my feed a few hours ago, got removed, but found it cached:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk