• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Skelter
(08-13-2017, 08:53 AM)
So when does NOA and NOE get this with stock to follow?

You're able to choose the color for both the joycon and the strap, plus all a bunch of accessories. If only there was enough stock to match the demand. Still, I like this move.

Last edited by Skelter; 08-13-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Terrell
(08-13-2017, 09:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Skelter

So when does NOA and NOE get this with stock to follow?

You're able to choose the color for both the joycon and the strap, plus all a bunch of accessories. If only there was enough stock to match the demand. Still, I like this move.

Never. Western retailers would have a tantrum over it.
Mysterious
(08-13-2017, 09:01 AM)
Just a reminder that Switch is region free.
Skelter
(08-13-2017, 09:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Mysterious

And sold out.
PAULINK
I microwave steaks.
(08-13-2017, 09:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Mysterious

the warranty is not though.
kiri
(08-13-2017, 09:08 AM)
Or just do what I do and buy all the joy-cons!

I have a problem, please help me...
Bob Coffee
(08-13-2017, 09:21 AM)
no purple? smh
gaiadyne
(08-13-2017, 09:39 AM)
Shame green and pink are one side only
Compsiox
(08-13-2017, 09:44 AM)

Originally Posted by PAULINK

the warranty is not though.

wow lol
Stilton Disco
(08-13-2017, 09:46 AM)
This is brilliant and I really hope it makes it West at some point.even at RRP, it would save me money overall not having to buy extra joyous just for the colours I want.

Originally Posted by Bob Coffee

no purple? smh

Yeah, I'm realy hoping by the time I'm ready to buy one purple will be an option. A yellow and purple combo would be just pure sex.
Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(08-13-2017, 09:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Stilton Disco

This is brilliant and I really hope it makes it West at some point.even at RRP, it would save me money overall not having to buy extra joyous just for the colours I want.

Yeah, I'm realy hoping by the time I'm ready to buy one purple will be an option. A yellow and purple combo would be just pure sex.

Good god I would buy a yellow and purple combo instantly. I want extra joy cons now but I want to wait for the right color combo since otherwise I could just end up with a bunch of extra joy cons I don't need aside from aesthetics.
WhiteRabbitEXE
(08-13-2017, 09:49 AM)
They should take this a step further and mimic what MS is doing with custom X1 controllers.
Ushojax
Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(08-13-2017, 09:50 AM)
They are going to make so much money when they start releasing limited edition themed joy cons. I will have to buy them all :(
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(08-13-2017, 09:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Bob Coffee

no purple? smh

they have not made any purple ones. you might notice that they are offering all the existing ones there. can't sell what doesn't exist.
DongBeetle
(08-13-2017, 09:53 AM)
Such a great idea
kubus
(08-13-2017, 09:54 AM)
This has been possible since the console launched? My launch day Switch was customized :p. Consoles bought from My Nintendo Store come in a special red packaging.

They keep adding new colors as new games and Joy-Con colors come out. The colors available now have been there since July and has since been unchanged. At launch they only had Black/Red/Blue/Grey.

The bit about August is just info on when they'll start accepting and shipping orders again.
Maengun1
(08-13-2017, 09:55 AM)
Odd that they're sticking with green left-only/pink right-only, for now at least. I mean, they have the shells and the paint lol.
Omeganex9999
(08-13-2017, 09:57 AM)
Seen it a few days ago (some people shared the link ay my company). The preorders will start on the 22nd and they plan to deliver the first batch early October.

If I get it right, only a certain number of consoles will be available everyday. Expect the site to crash just like the Nintendo one.

I hope they'll do the same for other countries as well.
Triteon
(08-13-2017, 10:25 AM)
Can i get one with a D pad?
Lord Ghirahim
(08-13-2017, 10:35 AM)
This has been an option since January 2017.
L.O.R.D
(08-13-2017, 10:37 AM)
why there is not green right joycon
or pink left joycon?
also,a black joycon will be good.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(08-13-2017, 10:53 AM)
Needs more color options first before it's really interesting. Give me a nice navy or super famicom option.
Jeremy
(08-13-2017, 10:56 AM)
They're gonna make a lot of Joy-Cons. I wonder if any will be collectible and limited in quantity, similar to how amiibo initially were. I gave up on those so I don't know how easy they are to get ahold of now.
sixteen-bit
(08-13-2017, 10:56 AM)
NoA's webshop continues to be an embarrassment, lmao
jts
...hate me...
(08-13-2017, 10:59 AM)
Funny that they never paired up the green and pink Joy-Cons. They are the only ones exclusively left and right, respectively.

They are my least favourite ones, so I really don't mind it anyway.
HYDE
(08-13-2017, 11:02 AM)

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbitEXE

They should take this a step further and mimic what MS is doing with custom X1 controllers.

No they should take it a step even further with custom layouts. D pad instead of buttons, Symmetrical sticks, etc...
Patrick Young
(08-13-2017, 11:17 AM)
I'm glad the option is there, but even at launch I wanted the grey colour. It matches everything else on my TV unit.
Maximo
(08-13-2017, 11:19 AM)

Originally Posted by HYDE

No they should take it a step even further with custom layouts. D pad instead of buttons, Symmetrical sticks, etc...

Hoping for some third party solutions.
SatoAilDarko
(08-13-2017, 11:23 AM)
I just wanted to them to start selling Joy-Cons with the same color strap. Only getting grey and having to pay $8 more for same color ones is so stupid.
jts
...hate me...
(08-13-2017, 11:27 AM)

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

I just wanted to them to start selling Joy-Cons with the same color strap. Only getting grey and having to pay $8 more for same color ones is so stupid.

You don't even get grey. You get black. And if you see the picture in the OP, actual matching grey straps do exist.

Yeah, it's so stupid. I refuse to indulge them. Black straps it is.
UserDoesNotExist
(08-13-2017, 11:50 AM)
Given this option, I still would have gone red/blue, as I don't like the pastel choices for the other colors. Wish they'd offer deep purple in the future. White + pink would also work well.

Nice that other people have the option, though.
sugarless
(08-13-2017, 12:08 PM)
I'm holding out for orange Joy-Cons.
Pikma
(08-13-2017, 12:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Terrell

Never. Western retailers would have a tantrum over it.

Why is Microsoft able to do it without such thing happening then?
jts
...hate me...
(08-13-2017, 12:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Pikma

Why is Microsoft able to do it without such thing happening then?

Letting people pick from the available retailing parts to make a personalised console SKU? I don't think they do it.