• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

I thought this episode was great. Yeah, it contrasts with last week's a bit (in terms of gimmickry) but these two episodes sort of show how Community can work at different levels.

Keep it coming. This has been a strong season thus far.

ivysaur12

Banned
Um, hmm...

*Really* not feeling last nights. There were some great moments (Dean's orgasm, moonwalk, Troy stuff), but otherwise it didn't strike the right chord for me. Too silly, not enough genuine laughs.

Still, this season has been fantastic. On to the next one!

Rehynn

Loved it. Still not feeling the cartoony visual effects, but the whole episode seemed like on big rush of insanity.

Joel Mchale has a very weird chest.

markot

Banned
It was meant to be over the top silly cause they were being sucked into Abeds world >.< I thought it was pretty great, not the best of the best but pretty awesome.

But yeah, I dont like the little animations they do as well >.> dont know why

fisheyes

Not sure if this was discussed, but should this episode have aired last week?

In the beginning of last nights episode, they are all just coming back from New Years break, so then when would last weeks episode have taken place in the community timeline?

Yeah, it was aired out of the order originally planned, though I beleive it was Harmon's decisions, not just NBC moving stuff. In many ways this order works better, though - if it aired the other way around, you'd have Troy and Abed being buddy-buddy again.

My solution? Imagine that last week's episode occurs in the week after the Christmas episode, then there's a break, then the events of this one - it works without needing to change any ordering. I'm a genius.

oatmeal

Banned
Um, hmm...

*Really* not feeling last nights. There were some great moments (Dean's orgasm, moonwalk, Troy stuff), but otherwise it didn't strike the right chord for me. Too silly, not enough genuine laughs.

Still, this season has been fantastic. On to the next one!

Yep.

Totally blah for me.

ivysaur12

Banned
It was meant to be over the top silly cause they were being sucked into Abeds world >.< I thought it was pretty great, not the best of the best but pretty awesome.

But yeah, I dont like the little animations they do as well >.> dont know why

Community has always been teetering on too immature and weird for me. And not cool weird, like, look at those fat virgins with anime t shirts over there weird. This episode just happened to cross into a threshold where absurdity seemed more important than comedy.

MNC

Great episode but they have to get rid of the cartoony effects. It doesn't help to attract to the mainstream audience (which I think is the reason what's with all the low ratings and such)

The impersonations, chang moments, dean moments were all genuine community things. the thought bubbles really made me sigh.

Well, I hated it. :(

I'd have to look on the Wiki but I don't think there has been a single episode in S3 I 100% enjoy. But then, I'm one of those people who liked the Season 1 direction and didn't like the "out there" episodes in S2. I just like the normal episodes without gimmicks.

Ended up watching it with four other people and I think we may have laughed once. Stuff like the Dean following at Jeff's shadow, all the celeb stuff, graphics, etc... it's not the show I fell in love with. They're all good characters being written horribly in my opinion.

Great episode but they have to get rid of the cartoony effects. It doesn't help to attract to the mainstream audience (which I think is the reason what's with all the low ratings and such)

The impersonations, chang moments, dean moments were all genuine community things. the thought bubbles really made me sigh.

Up All Night and 30 Rock have no graphics and their ratings were below Community. Graphics aren't an issue.

The 'time' insert and heart thing last week worked fine but the thought bubble stuff this week was one step too cartoony for me. But that might be because the whole episode was kind of a step too cartoony for me.

That episode was horrible. Some funny moments initially but holy shit, that entire Bar Mitzvah segment - ESPECIALLY the "Hulk" thing - was embarrassing. And the ending...wow.

This is not the Community I fell in love with. There have been a few good episodes this season, but overall it just feels forced. Like a caricature of every aspect of the show previously

MNC

Up All Night and 30 Rock have no graphics and their ratings were below Community. Graphics aren't an issue.

I phrased it wrong; What I think is since the whole risk factor in Community future, they started using graphics to appeal more to the mainstream audience. It might help, but IMO it looks bad.

deanpelton-reaction.gif

Oscar worthy performance^

On another note, Jim Rash did an interview about gardens or something:
6a00d8341c630a53ef0167642729c9970b-600wi

legend166

Probably my least favourite episode ever.

I think they've gone too far with Abed's character. He seems to have the mental capacity of a five year old now.

CzarTim

What Annie said this episode sums up Abed pretty well. The group allows his delusions and thus they have become more severe. As opposed to when they met him and his dad "curbed" them.

snesfreak

Banned
lol
Just randomly got @'d on my site's twitter by Neil Goldman saying "it's about time."
Twitter for some reason said I wasn't following him so I clicked the follow button again, guess he thought I had just now followed him.

gabbo

lol
Just randomly got @'d on my site's twitter by Neil Goldman saying "it's about time."
Twitter for some reason said I wasn't following him so I clicked the follow button again, guess he thought I had just now followed him.
I'm streets behind here, are you famous or something (outside of danharmonsucks)?

Rehynn

I think they've gone too far with Abed's character. He seems to have the mental capacity of a five year old now.

Nah, I think he's fine.

I actually disliked his character when every episode seemed to portray him as a morally, intellectually and physically superior superhuman.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I dont think I want another season of Community unless the writers accept they've really been hit or miss this season. Its spluttered and stopped and start this entire run from some truly dire beginnings to a solid middle, and now back to naff episodes.

S1 and 2 felt soooogooood.gif but it really has that stink of "run its course" about it now.

Rehynn

I dont think I want another season of Community unless the writers accept they've really been hit or miss this season.

Let's demand a public apology from Dan Harmon!

I still don't understand how not getting a fourth season would be better than a hit-and-miss fourth season.

Rimfya

Banned
Needs to be cancelled for its own good. Writers clearly have no idea how to develop the characters further than extrapolate on what has already been established. Afraid to make any of them move on.

NBC was trying to save us from episodes like this last one. See what happens when you get your way, Internet?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The only "problem" that Community has for me at the moment is that its simply too dense comedically to take in on a single viewing. The pre-credits sections are particularly thick with small gags that come and go so quickly its hard to keep up.

I've also noticed a trend where a lot of fans get turned off when members of the study group get presented in a less than flattering light, with the disfavour being comparable to how popular the character is who's getting lampooned. Showing Jeff particularly in a negative light seems to bother people.

Needs to be cancelled for its own good. Writers clearly have no idea how to develop the characters further than extrapolate on what has already been established. Afraid to make any of them move on.

NBC was trying to save us from episodes like this last one. See what happens when you get your way, Internet?

11190.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

tp2go.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom