• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of playable Palutena in Smash Bros. 3DS emerge, seem possibly legit

Insaniac

The stiff, expressionless face and awkward hands should be a giveaway. New Smash models have extra attention on facial features, so the crudely morphed T-pose in the first one isn't too convincing. Calling fake.

I can't double check since I'm at work, but I kind of assumed that the 3DS version didn't have as much attention to detail in terms of finger/hand poses and facial expressions due to the fact that during a normal battle you really wouldn't be able to see them because of the size of the screen

SuperSah

Banned
The stiff, expressionless face and awkward hands should be a giveaway. New Smash models have extra attention on facial features, so the crudely morphed T-pose in the first one isn't too convincing. Calling fake.

She's just standing there, what facial expressions would she have just idling?

I can vouch for this. Examined each frame; none match up directly with the leaked image. Wow, this is either an incredibly elaborate fake or... real.

Hngh.

nullset2

Everyone knows Palutena is so much very in the game, whether these pics are real or fake. She just is.

...I just know, ok? I work at Nintendo, my dad put a good word for me when worked there back in the day.

c1ym4x4.png

Thoughts? Found this at Smashboards

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Everyone knows Palutena is so much very in the game, whether these pics are real or fake. She just is.

...I just know, ok? I work at Nintendo, my dad put a good word for me when worked there back in the day.

As a trophy at least anyway.

SuperSah

Banned
According to Smashboards, if you look closely on her belt, she has a Power Star amulet from Mario, people suggest if this is real, it's a tweak Sakurai has made to pay homage to the Mario universe.

This is apparently super significant because why would a fake go into so much detail to add such a small charm to her belt? Smashboards is going insane. This small star could prove legitimacy.

As you can tell, this is not on her KI:U model.

I cannot get over how much incredible of a leak this is.

No one can debunk it. It could actually be the real deal.

- My post from SmashGAF OT.

Neoxon

If this is fake, it's the best fake I've ever seen.

I do hope it's legit, though I'm sure Palutena will get in regardless.

Hero

According to Smashboards, if you look closely on her belt, she has a Power Star amulet from Mario, people suggest if this is real, it's a tweak Sakurai has made to pay homage to the Mario universe.

This is apparently super significant because why would a fake go into so much detail to add such a small charm to her belt? Smashboards is going insane. This small star could prove legitimacy.

As you can tell, this is not on her KI:U model.

I cannot get over how much incredible of a leak this is.

No one can debunk it. It could actually be the real deal.

- My post from SmashGAF OT.

Wow, I see it now.

Son Of D

If this is a fake, it's one of the most convincing I've ever seen. A lot of signs do point it to being legit though. Hope we don't have to wait too long for confirmation (probably the next direct, whenever that is).

Luigiv

c1ym4x4.png

Thoughts? Found this at Smashboards

Seems like needless nitpicking over what could just as easily be a legitimate graphical glitch/error. If you look closely, you'll see that in the first image Palutena isn't even holding her staff correctly (It's clipping through her hand), this would very easily explain why the outline is doing what it's doing.

Luigiv

sorry, too easily faked

not real

How so? It's already been established that these images are 100% unique and could not how been stitched together from any other available images. This means the only way to fake this would be to model and render the entire scenes from scratch. Doesn't sound easy at all, if you ask me.

Palutena is capable of fighting, since she's shown twice in the course of Uprising
taking part in combat against Pit.

She's also the secondary main character, Viridi a bit behind her.

I honestly believe she is the only logical addition to the Smash Bros lineup under the Kid Icarus series. Plus, I bet she and Pit will have witty banter, which I cannot pass up.

I swear, if Snake and the codec conversations don't get back in, they HAVE to be replaced by the Kid Icarus cast. No excuses. Heck, even if Snake and the codec conversations are back I want this.

Top Bottom