• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV update April 27- Pro features, new weapons, hunt ranking systems

Because some people are very sensitive to frame rate issues.

For example, I don't notice the issue in Mario Kart 8 for Wii U but for others, it's very bad.

For me, FFXV hurts my eyes if I play for too long.

Would you like a screen shot of my trophy list or would you like to pretend this didn't happen and not be embarrassed because you felt the need to blindly defend a video game you admittedly haven't played yourself?

I am not sure how to respond to these posts when you posted this not more than two hours ago...

I've had the game since day one and I've played about an hour or so.

------------------------------

Fixing the worst Final Fantasy in two decades is no easy task, I'm glad they are trying.

Lipstick on a pig.

Was wondering when you guys would show up. How have you been?

Chun-Li

I know it's a long shot but I would really hope they fix the frame pacing issues >_<

I doubt there will be real improvements. It will likely just be an option that matches what lite mode used to be. Meanwhile, high mode will be unplayable. And then the unlocked mode will still be undesirable.

Pro updates.

ba873f06e3532c5c972e6f1b7935e1b3.jpg

Should we rename them into "Bro updates"?

Tyaren

Pro updates.

ba873f06e3532c5c972e6f1b7935e1b3.jpg

I'd be afraid...very afraid. There surely is at least one way they can actually mess up again. Like fixing the framerate or framepacing but suddenly disallowing downsampling for 1080p TV owners, lol.

By the way, that fix, whatever it is, does seem to concern the HQ mode and not the Lite/performance mode. Why would they name it "image quality mode" otherwise?

jdstorm

Banned
I'd be afraid...very afraid. There surely is at least one way they can actually mess up again. Like fixing the framerate or framepacing but suddenly disallowing downsampling for 1080p TV owners, lol.

:/ damnit I wasn't even thinking about it. And it's happened to other games. I really hope not. I like my hq mode. But to broke for a good 4k tv.

Didn't they promise an updated PRO mode with more graphical details coming this year? Is it now or should we wait till the end of the year?

royox

If you're hoping for a story fix that ain't happening, it will continue to be a mess.. that dream is dead.

Didn't they add new cutscenes and bits of gameplay for the ch.13 explaining better Ravus, the emperor and what Gladio+Ignis were doing? I expected them to keep going with those added cutscenes to fix Luna, Ifrit and Ardyn at Least.

burgerdog

Something has to be fixed with this new mode cause "stable" is what "high" aims for and mostly sticks to it. The only problem is the framepacing. So it would be damn weird if they had two exact 30fps modes. Hopefully they did fix the pacing.

Tyaren

Something has to be fixed with this new mode cause "stable" is what "high" aims for and mostly sticks to it. The only problem is the framepacing. So it would be damn weird if they had two exact 30fps modes. Hopefully they did fix the pacing.

The Nova Crystallis news says:
The new update will introduce additional features for PS4 Pro users, including a new image quality mode. This mode will allow for stable framerate and comfortable play.

"Image quality" has to refer to a new or fixed HQ/checkerboarding mode. What makes the most sense is that they are actually trying to fix the framepacing, because the framerate is a near solid 30fps there already. Because most people have no clue what framepacing is, they just call it a framerate fix?

CloudNein

While they're add it they need to add an option to revert the main screen background back to the original if you want it. I do not like the post game screen. It doesn't set the mood.

Squire

Banned
Didn't they add new cutscenes and bits of gameplay for the ch.13 explaining better Ravus, the emperor and what Gladio+Ignis were doing? I expected them to keep going with those added cutscenes to fix Luna, Ifrit and Ardyn at Least.

The issues with this game's story are pretty fundamental. They're not going to insert any amount of cutscenes and make it a good one. It'd need to be re-written entirely.

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope they don't remove variable frame rate and just add another option for the 30fps cap. I can't notice the judder, screen tear or frametime issue at all. I'm 10 hours in the game and it feels smooth to me.

What I do notice is the increased sound of the fans. Hope they fix that as even on menu it spins like crazy.

Wagram

Neat to see that they're fixing their fix. Not sure i'll even update though. It seems like no one even cared for Episode Gladio (and i've heard it's not very good anyways).

This game is just cursed.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Unless it takes out little resources from their team I don't understand why they're releasing updates so frequently for an offline game out from months when most people already bought it and the changes are in any case so little that new players would not even notice or care. Just bring the next DLC pack or FF sequel and move to the next project, perhaps this time releasing it in a better status instead of patching it through the months...

Vashetti

Banned
Unless it takes out little resources from their team I don't understand why they're releasing updates so frequently for an offline game out from months when most people already bought it and the changes are in any case so little that new players would not even notice or care. Just bring the next DLC pack or FF sequel and move to the next project, perhaps this time releasing it in a better status instead of patching it through the months...

Because they have season passes to sell, and an upcoming multiplayer expansion.

They're trying their hardest to mitigate people trading their copies in.

Toth

I believe this has already been explained many many times: SE is trying a new model of expanding the life of their titles for at least a year. FFXV is the ' guinea pig'. All we have seen and know to be coming are additions to the game for that purpose. FFXV is a finished product (yes, yes, some content was cut, it happens...) and these patches are meant as additions, not fixes. The fact they can improve some areas as requested by their fans (i.e. in regards to ring magic) is just a wonderful bonus.

edit: Also remember that FFXV was not designed with the Pro optimization in mind. SE clearly hoped to get the game out before the cut-off and patch in Pro support later. That they had to force it in at the last minute was apparent.

Personally, I'm hoping for a patch for Xbox One to support dynamic resolutions (I assume it doesn't do that already) - so that when it runs on Scorpio it hits 4K.

MilkBeard

Just gonna pop in and say hooray more updates! Glad to hear that we're getting more music and Pro stuff! Keep em coming!

Now I'm gonna leave and not look in again since this thread is gonna go sour like the usual.
Yup ha ha. Almost finished with Dark Souls 3 DLC, now I will move back toward finishing FFXV.

JoeNut

Already sold it, i guess this is good for people who are late to buy the game, but IMO i don't see how this entices people back to play more if they've already completed the game.

Fatmanp

I finally started playing this last week after holding out for numerous pro patches. The frame pacing is annoying but I have gotten used to it. The frame pacing should only be an issue for you if you have the ability to forgive the shockingly bad camera and awful battle system otherwise I would not worry to much about it.

jdstorm

Banned
I finally started playing this last week after holding out for numerous pro patches. The frame pacing is annoying but I have gotten used to it. The frame pacing should only be an issue for you if you have the ability to forgive the shockingly bad camera and awful battle system otherwise I would not worry to much about it.

Try control scheme C. I found putting attack and defense on the triggers was much easier and ultimately more enjoyable then holding a face button. It also gives you a free thumb to control the camera as you fight.

N7.Angel

framepacing issue makes the game unplayable for me, I'm still at the beginning of the fucking game because of it and I can't tell if it's goodone or not, I wish the refund system was in place for shit like this, seriously, the FF is the worst team of Square

Arkeband

Banned
Isn't that just one of Gladiolus' Link Strikes, or did they remove that Link for some reason?

At the very least it was in the Judgement Disc demo, because I specifically made a video for it.

It's saying something when Episode Duscae possibly had deeper combat than the final version.

"Things are looking good, fan reactions are mostly positive, let's build out the systems we have and..."

Bj2qKbc.gif

"FUCK IT JUST HAVE THEM HOLD THE O BUTTON WE DON'T HAVE TIME"

Top Bottom