• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Hyun Sai

I assume the Mad Catz sticks/pads are in the OT because they released about the same time the game did.

There are so many sticks/pads out there that adding more might clutter it up.

A simple link wouldn't have taken more place and was denied. When there is a consensus on the Fighting Commanders over the Madcatz pad from the beginning in those threads when players asked pad advice, I really asked myself some questions.

Scotia

Banned
Wall of Shame/Fame from OT4

CgP3fiN.jpg

FluxWaveZ

What the hell. Clearly I should post less and play even more.

Onwards to becoming the best Balrog there is. I mainly post here during match-making downtime, though.

DHALSIM
Fix: Lowered the empty guard box on Yoga Gale, making it easier to force opponents to guard.

Yay? Forcing those to guard means more Gales will get blocked instead of using it as a trap. On the plus, it limits actions, on the minus, it means that I have fewer tricks.

FluxWaveZ

Hey! Post some of your Balrog matches so I can steal your tech. Okay thanks!

I'm not that good right now, but here are some of my matches from this past Tuesday's weekly:

1. Balrog vs. Guile (44:10)
2. Balrog vs. Bison (1:14:40)
3. Balrog vs. Alex (1:34:30)
4. Balrog vs. Rashid (1:52:05)
5. Balrog vs. Karin (2:12:40)
6. Balrog vs. Laura (2:36:40)

First time I went, I went 2-2. Second time was 3-2. Fourth time was 4-2. Maybe I'll get to where I want eventually...

Edit: But yeah, just searching for player CFNs is the best way to find a ton of replays from specific players. The search was messed up the last time I tried it, though, so I don't know if that got fixed.

xabi

Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up.

Holy shit, is this why I have been having trouble consistently teching throws in this game? LOL

Great work on the OP

You know, I have never, ever tried looking up replays! Gonna check later.

You should do that! You can check any online match from any player on CFN and you can even filter by character and league. Very good way of finding new tech and improving your game knowledge.

Holy shit, is this why I have been having trouble consistently teching throws in this game? LOL

Great work on the OP

No, that question/answer is a bit confusing. If someone tries to grab you while you are crouching you can still tech the throw. Crouch teching is a different thing, it was an option select in SF4 that is now gone. But you can absolutely tech throws while crouching, however you can also whiff throws by crouching.

FluxWaveZ

Ggs, as a Guile player I was looking for some anti-boxer tech in there but alas there was nothing special to see. What do you think about the Guile/Boxer MU right now ?

As a Mika players, PTSD still has me a bit shook in that MU, but Balrog has some good ways to get around Guile's fireballs and his rush punches are good for pressure, so it's a manageable MU for me and I don't think either of the characters has a clear advantage over the other.

xabi

No, that question/answer is a bit confusing. If someone tries to grab you while you are crouching you can still tech the throw. Crouch teching is a different thing, it was an option select in SF4 that is now gone. But you can absolutely tech throws while crouching, however you can also whiff throws by crouching.

Ok thx, will just have to get faster at teching then!

On your last point, so if I attempt a throw while crouched next to an opponent, the throw may whiff?

Will spend some time in the lab tonight to test all the variations...

Zerojul

As a Mika players, PTSD still has me a bit shook in that MU, but Balrog has some good ways to get around Guile's fireballs and his rush punches are good for pressure, so it's a manageable MU for me and I don't think either of the characters has a clear advantage over the other.

Agreed. Always good to have the opinion of a legit good player about it but I too have a feeling it's pretty much a 5-5 as of now. A simple matter of "I have to get in your face" vs "I have to keep you at bay", and both chars have tools to achieve their respective goal in the MU.

Marvel

could never
How much FM sweg do you get for completing general story on Extra guys?

I'm broke and need titles lol.

Ok thx, will just have to get faster at teching then!

On your last point, so if I attempt a throw while crouched next to an opponent, the throw may whiff?

Will spend some time in the lab tonight to test all the variations...

No, as long as your next to your opponent it's fine. Basically, in SFIV when you would crouch and press throw, a light kick would come out instead but in SFV the throw will come out.

I'm not that good right now, but here are some of my matches from this past Tuesday's weekly:

1. Balrog vs. Guile (44:10)
2. Balrog vs. Bison (1:14:40)
3. Balrog vs. Alex (1:34:30)
4. Balrog vs. Rashid (1:52:05)
5. Balrog vs. Karin (2:12:40)
6. Balrog vs. Laura (2:36:40)

First time I went, I went 2-2. Second time was 3-2. Fourth time was 4-2. Maybe I'll get to where I want eventually...

Edit: But yeah, just searching for player CFNs is the best way to find a ton of replays from specific players. The search was messed up the last time I tried it, though, so I don't know if that got fixed.

That Laura matchup is rough. I think once you get your confirms and meaties down better you'll do alright in that matchup with smart play. Still going to be an uphill battle against her though.

I also love how when you play you got that blank face. Look like you're there to do work.

When's the Capcom SFV panel? Will it be streamed?

I believe it's 24 hours and 30 minutes from now and there has been no indication as to whether it'll be streamed or not.

Probably not though, as the capcomfighters channel will be busy streaming the SFV pools.

Pompadour

I believe it's 24 hours and 30 minutes from now and there has been no indication as to whether it'll be streamed or not.

Probably not though, as the capcomfighters channel will be busy streaming the SFV pools.

They do have something like 3 Capcomfighters channels, right? Then again there's 5000+ entrants.

Top Bottom