• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kin5290
(04-23-2017, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

The most astonishing thing to me is that this is a product people bought rather than a failed kickstarter.

It seems like the demographic is like, people who grew up with servants but can no longer afford to keep the help?

Keurig may be just as lazy but you can't argue that it's a convenient way to brew a single cup of coffee. Although their DRM attempt was almost as hilarious.

Keurig at least served a purpose that wasn't being met before Keurig. Juicero is caught between the people who own a juicer and squeeze their own fruit juice, who wouldn't pay $700 and a monthly subscription for the privilege of doing what they were already doing, and people who buy fresh squeezed juice from stores (who wouldn't pay $700 for the privilege of paying what they were already paying for juice).

And Keurig is lucky that they didn't launch with DRM, or they never would have built a market from scratch.
mechashiva
(04-23-2017, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Zombie James

This is one of the dumbest products I've ever seen. Just eat an apple or something, the skin and everything else about it is good for you.

The skin is poison. Smoke some cigarettes to kill those toxins.
TheChewyWaffles
(04-23-2017, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Koomaster

This is escalating. Now people are using scissor hacks on the bags?! Pure madness!

About to receive their DMCA notice (if they haven't been hauled to jail already).
Skunkers
(04-23-2017, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by barber

Being proud that your machine has 400 custom parts hurted me as an engineer...

I'm with this guy on the first page.

Like, all it does is squeeze right? It just needs a vice and an electric motor; that's like... 4 parts. I'm not even an engineer.
Timbuktu
(04-23-2017, 09:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Kin5290

Keurig at least served a purpose that wasn't being met before Keurig. Juicero is caught between the people who own a juicer and squeeze their own fruit juice, who wouldn't pay $700 and a monthly subscription for the privilege of doing what they were already doing, and people who buy fresh squeezed juice from stores (who wouldn't pay $700 for the privilege of paying what they were already paying for juice).

And Keurig is lucky that they didn't launch with DRM, or they never would have built a market from scratch.

Haven't heard of Keurig, guess they are same as Nespresso.
Diprosalic
(04-23-2017, 09:30 PM)
i think i kinda get the bag concept but the drm and the way overpriced machine is idiotic.
make it like nespresso where the machine is basically free and they get you on the subscription. remove the drm and maybe have a popup thing like "this bag has expired x days ago" notification and let me still get the juice.

then it wouldn't be all that bad of a product.
Brakke
(04-23-2017, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Skunkers

I'm with this guy on the first page.

Like, all it does is squeeze right? It just needs a vice and an electric motor; that's like... 4 parts. I'm not even an engineer.

If a "motor" counts as one "part" lol.
Grimm Fandango
(04-23-2017, 09:43 PM)
FWIW I've lived with Nespresso for a year (but no longer as it was my roommate's). Pretty good coffee, much better than what I've had with Keurig.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(04-23-2017, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Grimm Fandango

FWIW I've lived with Nespresso for a year (but no longer as it was my roommate's). Pretty good coffee, much better than what I've had with Keurig.

Except for nestle's own brand, you can get almost any kind of coffee you can think of from blue mountain to civet beans for keurig You can also use your own fresh ground and reusable pods.

Comparing on taste is faulty.

I do enjoy the default nespresso dark roast though.
TTOOLL
(04-26-2017, 04:09 PM)
This thing never ends...

A product designer and venture capital partner took apart a Juicero to see what made the notorious $400 juice presser so expensive. What he found was eight separate machined parts and a slew of custom plastic pieces that likely made the presser more expensive than it needed to be.

televator
(04-26-2017, 04:31 PM)
So the bags already have the juice in them ready to go... I love when capitalism parodies itself.
Zombie James
(04-26-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

This thing never ends...

Over-engineered garbage. All this guy did was take a dead simple concept - getting juice out of fruit - and find ways to make it complicated, expensive, and stupid as fuck.
Suikoguy
I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
(04-26-2017, 09:57 PM)
This story won't end:

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/stat...48874346520576
Morat
(04-26-2017, 10:00 PM)
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(04-26-2017, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Suikoguy

This story won't end:

Hahaha, like flies to shit
platocplx
(04-26-2017, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Zombie James

Over-engineered garbage. All this guy did was take a dead simple concept - getting juice out of fruit - and find ways to make it complicated, expensive, and stupid as fuck.

Sounds like they made a damn Rube Goldberg Juice machine
SheepyGuy
(04-26-2017, 10:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Suikoguy

This story won't end:

I mean if you're the kind of person that can't go out in public because people won't stop booing then sure.