• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Joseph Merrick said:
a few square games have been steam only. last remnant, order of war, supreme commander 2. just cause 2 was the first and only eidos title so far to be steam only I think. no idiocy apart from this
I can live with that. Steamworks just means a budget buy later down the road. As long as it isn't the shitty always need to be connected to online.

That's good to hear, if the the DRM scale is Ubisoft to Valve, I'm much more comfortable with Valve than Ubisoft's shenanigans. That said I'd likely buy this at a brick n' mortar. Well, provided it isn't shit. I didn't mind Invisbile Wars but I missed the boat with the original Deus Ex. I may just buy the Deus Ex pack and give it a go.

Nachkebia

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Apparently Crystal Dynamics has been reading GAF lately, and realesed new screens to make everyone happy:
http://h.imagehost.org/0044/DeX3.jpg[/bIMG]

[IMG]http://h.imagehost.org/0646/dex3-2.jpg[/IMbG]

[IMG]http://h.imagehost.org/0243/dex-3-4.jpg[/IbMG]

[IMG]http://h.imagehost.org/0635/dex-3-3.jpg[/IbMG]

There's also a new logo:
[IMG]http://h.imagehost.org/0480/logo_9.jpg[/bIMG]

Flashy![/QUOTE]

You got everything wrong, my/our complain is not that it lacks different colors, I could not give a shit how colorful the games is, I would love to play black and white games. but what really pisses us of is the stupidly over oranging stuff, if they turned saturation bit down and perhaps made Orange that looks like Sepia, I would be happy.

p.s. I love so called washed out colors that people usually complain :D

Haeleos

Nachkebia said:
You got everything wrong, my/our complain is not that it lacks different colors, I could not give a shit how colorful the games is, I would love to play black and white games. but what really pisses us of is the stupidly over oranging stuff, if they turned saturation bit down and perhaps made Orange that looks like Sepia, I would be happy.

Ugh. Give it up. Not even worth talking about. It's like the Diablo isn't dark enough argument all over again. Change the color settings on your monitor if you're going to nitpick over something so insignificant.

Twig

Banned
Ugh. Give it up. Not even worth talking about. It's like the Diablo isn't dark enough argument all over again. Change the color settings on your monitor if you're going to nitpick over something so insignificant.
What the hell is with people and not understanding that people care what the VISUALS in a VISUAL medium look like?

Anyway, it's not really orange. There are hints of orange, but...

It's more like someone pissed all over my screen.
i think it will look loads better once we get PC shots instead of this low-res console bullshit - and also once we see it in motion

sn00zer said:
.hey anyone want to make a thread on gamer's who feel like they are the only one who have played a game and only they know how a sequal should look and feel and if its not EXACTLY they way they think it should be they bitch and moan but put IMO at the end of everything to cover there ass.../rant

But that thread, if it were made, would surely be locked for being a duplicate.

90% of the game side of gaf just love to whine... and to make matters worse, very few of thw whiners say anything of real merit or value.

IMO.

Just remember what happened when sony increased the point size of the XMB font. :lol :lol

Twig

Banned
Aaron said:
Why? Seems to me it's better than anything aside from no DRM at all.
don't start that shit with joseph merrick in the thread

place will go to hell faster than a thing that moves at a really high speed

UrbanRats

Nachkebia said:

Well, first of all: don't read to much into it, it was mainly a joke.:D
That said, i can understand not liking the artstyle, the color palette, the graphics and whatnot, tastes are tastes.
What the joke was pointing at was: let's not take a relatively little thing and tranform it into something HUGE.. this happens costantly on gaming forums and it's counterproductive(i'm relatively new on GAF, but i'm guessing it happens over here too).
In my opinion there is no "right palette", i wouldn't like Eraserhead in colors, i wouldn't like Let the Right one in with high contrast and oversaturation, just as i wouldn't like Life acquatic with Steve Zissou, w/o the colorful photography.
So yeah i have my tastes, you got yours, it's fine, but i don't get how a certain art direction would be just bad(as an absolute).

That skyline could use a few more color? Maybe. Let's play the game, let's sink into the atmosphere and see what they are trying to evoke, before saying it's wrong.
Just like the Resident Evil 5 case, where some people modded the game to have primary colors in it(like a SEGA game)-- i thought it ruined the "message" completely, but as i said, you have the freedom to play as you like, just don't assume your tastes are the absolute sample of what an artistic choice should be.(i'm not referring to you specifically, now)
--
ANYWAY: They're just colors guys, it will take a week for people to mod them out. :lol

Nachkebia

Banned
I don`t understand how is the whole game been ORANGEd up a tiny? again I am not asking for more colors! I am asking for tonality`s , give me black white and orange not variations of Oranges all over the palette, smoke has to be gray, shadow has to be black, sun has to be white. middle can be sepia.

derFeef

Nachkebia said:
I don`t understand how is the whole game been ORANGEd up a tiny? again I am not asking for more colors! I am asking for tonality`s , give me black white and orange not variations of Oranges all over the palette, smoke has to be gray, shadow has to be black, sun has to be white. middle can be sepia.
Has to be? Not at all.

UrbanRats

Nachkebia said:
Ther's no "has to be" in an art/creative medium.
But as i said, it will be modable(well, TR:Underworld was highly modded)and you can even change settings from the monitor.

EDIT: Ah, also the game seems pretty faithful to the artworks, and looking at this skyline of Shanghai, i don't see anything horrible:
shanghai1.jpg

Let's wait more screens, before killing ourselves. :D

Cep

Banned
I should be doing hw said:
If you want UE3 for the sole reason of being able to play it on a low-end computer than just get the console version. What stupid logic.

:lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Eurogamer has new screens, preview, facts sheet and interview.

And after reading all this I have such a huge boner for the game that I might go into media blackout even without wathching the first gameplay video. This is too good to be true.

[HP]

I dont think these have been posted, so

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094718886.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094703824.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094707121.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094736933.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094742386.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609095202113.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094745292.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094749479.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609095210082.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609095215754.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-20100609094730167.jpg

Most of those screenshots look like ingame screenshots, with paintovers on top.
Very interesting and futuristic art direction.

God, I hope they will make it longer than 8h. Playing in such set locations will be incredible. We need more Asia/China in our games.

Does anyone have a link to the above artworks, but without the ugly IGN watermark?

Dyno

This game has many inspriational sources but I'm getting a Metal Gear vibe again and again. Most interested in seeing more.

Shred0r

Banned
...but the CGI trailer that was made for Deus Ex: Human Revolution did cost them a hefty friggin $4.000.000 !!! Yep, thats quite 1/10 of the budget that is needed to make at least an AA game nowadays. Impressive! Would like to know what budget is dedicated to the whole Deus Ex development. I guess, it should be somewhere around 40 Mil. But damn, who in the world would spend such money for a trailer. They gotta have aplenty of cash laying around to play with. Makes me wonder what the production costs were for the Starcraft II Marine trailer.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Shred0r said:
...but the CGI trailer that was made for Deus Ex: Human Revolution did cost them a hefty friggin $4.000.000 !!! Yep, thats quite 1/10 of the budget that is needed to make at least an AA game nowadays. Impressive! Would like to know what budget is dedicated to the whole Deus Ex development. I guess, it should be somewhere around 40 Mil. But damn, who in the world would spend to much for a trailer. They gotta have aplenty of cash laying around to play with. Makes me wonder what the production costs were for the Starcraft II Marine trailer.
As gamers a lot of people take for granted the crazy amount of work that goes into the CG stuff. I mean they didnt just give 4 people a million each for a couple of months. That was a lot of people working on the trailer for quite some time. There isnt a magic 'make cg look awesome' button anywhere.

Starcraft's 2 budget is reported to be around 100 million, and thats not marketing.

Shred0r said:
...but the CGI trailer that was made for Deus Ex: Human Revolution did cost them a hefty friggin $4.000.000 !!! Yep, thats quite 1/10 of the budget that is needed to make at least an AA game nowadays. Impressive! Would like to know what budget is dedicated to the whole Deus Ex development. I guess, it should be somewhere around 40 Mil. But damn, who in the world would spend such money for a trailer. They gotta have aplenty of cash laying around to play with. Makes me wonder what the production costs were for the Starcraft II Marine trailer.

Do you really think a high budget CGI trailer of at least 3 minutes costs pennies? Especially if they need it on a deadline and if they outsource it. Good CG costs a lot money mang. ;-)

~Kinggi~

Banned
miladesn said:
4m for 3 minutes? FFXIII has near 40-50 mins...
Since it was a trailer it is very possible that they needed it fast in time for E3, so that means they had to mass hire a lot of the best talent. That comes with a price. Any time you bring in the big guns to actually get things done it costs a lot.

FF13 probably had a dedicated cg team for a good couple of years to tinker with stuff.

~Kinggi~ said:
Since it was a trailer it is very possible that they needed it fast in time for E3, so that means they had to mass hire a lot of the best talent. That comes with a price. Any time you bring in the big guns to actually get things done it costs a lot.

FF13 probably had a dedicated cg team for a good couple of years to tinker with stuff.

Yup. If it's done in-house, it costs way less but if it's a hired studio with a tight release schedule, get ready to sign a big check.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
~Kinggi~ said:
As gamers a lot of people take for granted the crazy amount of work that goes into the CG stuff. I mean they didnt just give 4 people a million each for a couple of months. That was a lot of people working on the trailer for quite some time. There isnt a magic 'make cg look awesome' button anywhere.

Starcraft's 2 budget is reported to be around 100 million, and thats not marketing.
Well, back when the StarCraft 2 team was about 40 people, the CG team was over 100 people, so that should help give a good idea of just how much their CG costs.

They did eventually use some of their CG team to help make the models for the adventure part of the campaign though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just played through Deus Ex for the first time. If this has gameplay even a fraction as cool as that one but with all the fancy tech of modern games, I'll be in heaven.

Castor Krieg said:
Does anyone have a link to the above artworks, but without the ugly IGN watermark?
I'd like to reiterate this question.

jett

D-Member
Shred0r said:

That seems like a gargantuan waste of money to me, it wasn't even that good of a trailer. Frankly I find that figure hard to believe. Over a million per minute? The Ice Age movies are less expensive than this.

Maffis

jett said:
That seems like a gargantuan waste of money to me, it wasn't even that good of a trailer. Frankly I find that figure hard to believe. Over a million per minute? The Ice Age movies are less expensive than this.

At least your tag fits you.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'd be really interested to know the research (if there is any) on the effects of CG trailers on potential consumers. Does it get people substantially more hyped than other kinds of trailers? What's the dollar spent to intent-to-purchase-created ratio? How could 4 million dollars possibly be worth it?

Personally, I'd be fine never seeing a CG trailer again. It's one thing when they are actual scenes from the game's cinematics, but when it's a completely separate trailer, just made up to give the flavor of the game, I don't care to see that at all. I find CG trailers for racing games to be especially unnecessary to the point that it almost makes me angry. :lol

jett said:

Indeed. Should've spent the money on melee combat instead.

Top Bottom