• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Oh I have, add Howling Fjord to that list too. They are completely irredeemable and it makes no sense for any non-Forsaken character to do any of their quest hubs and for racial leaders to be tolerating them since the Royal Apothecary Society started doing this out in the open in WotLK and it's frustrating that Blizzard keep doubling down on this narrative dissonance.

If not for the Forsaken the Alliance would basically control all of the Eastern Kingdom and could easily focus on Kalimdor. The Horde alliance with the Forsaken and tolerance of their actions is one of uneasy necessity.

cdyhybrid

So there's a 7.3.2 build up on the PTR...(heavy spoilers)

Apparently Sargeras stabs a giant hole in Silithus during the Antorus raid (during the last fight against the Argus world soul).

Who's underneath Silithus? The giant eyeball himself, C'Thun.

Also, remember this Il'gynoth whisper? "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" - The Sundering, The Cataclysm, and now this?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

spootime

I've played arms warrior throughout the expansion and had a lot of fun with it. Right now I'm getting bored and I want to make a switch to another melee class. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to play something that isnt brain-dead and has a fun rotation.

Syf

Banned

Apparently Sargeras stabs a giant hole in Silithus during the Antorus raid (during the last fight against the Argus world soul).

Also, remember this Il'gynoth whisper? "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" - The Sundering, The Cataclysm, and now this?

Oh shit

So the "her" was Azeroth the entire time? Meh.

By the way, the wound looks like C'Thun's eye but I don't think he is coming back. At least I hope not.

A few things;

1. That eye is right on top of where the Cenarion Circle was, so they're toast.

2. We about to get Cataclysm 2.0? Seems like a raid in which the landscape of an entire zone is dramatically altered would require the next expansion to physically change some zones. Also, there was the Sundering during the War of the Ancients, and Cataclysm was called the Shattering (officially).

3. Old Gods expansion confirmed?

Syf

Banned
Tyrande alludes to a third cataclysmic event if you listen to her lines, think you guys are on the right track with that. And based on the whispers yeah that probably confirms old god expac. This event should be perfect setup for a blizzcon announcement.

Nokterian

I've played arms warrior throughout the expansion and had a lot of fun with it. Right now I'm getting bored and I want to make a switch to another melee class. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to play something that isnt brain-dead and has a fun rotation.

Windwalker Monk a very active melee class lots of fun also.

Tarazet

The most fun melee classes right now are Enhancement Shaman and Windwalker Monk. Least fun would be Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Survival Hunter (actually fun at lower levels but at cap, has too much button bloat).

daedalius

Welp, time to get back to catching up in Legion and put down destiny 2 for a bit.

Robin64

Forget all that spoiler crap, this is the best update in 7.3.2.

abttyt8vx5nz.png

The most fun melee classes right now are Enhancement Shaman and Windwalker Monk. Least fun would be Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Survival Hunter (actually fun at lower levels but at cap, has too much button bloat).

Having played through the era of Enhancement Shaman Totem Twisting I refuse to believe any class is ever too bloated.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been to Silithus since vanilla.

I think I went there once(not counting AQ runs) after Cataclysm to see how they changed it...then noticed they barely touched it and went "Nope".

Savitar

Silithus was a place quite a few of us old vanilla players got to know but otherwise it was rather pointless at any point. During those days it had the highest level herbs and minerals to farm and the last real content most people could ever see around 60. Plus the whole AQ thing.

Rizzi

I kind of want to level my hunter, but I don't really want to do all the boring campaign and class hall stuff. Is anything important locked behind that stuff? I can't remember.

Bisnic

I thought Feral rotation was the most ridiculous especially during WoD. Not sure if recent major patches toned it down.

I kind of hate having to manage Savage Roar, Rip & Ferocious Bite all at the same time with the same combo points.

If they could just put Savage Roar as a buff on a 1 min cooldown or something, it would make life as a Feral less annoying. Sure, I guess I could use another talent than Savage Roar, but it still seems like the best out of the three.

I think anybody that enjoys arms warrior would also enjoy frost DK. Both are simple (number of abilities and when to use them), but VERY fun in the execution.

Enhancement shaman is great, too, and has more abilities available.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm terrible at arms. I recently got my warrior to 110 (first time i've ever had a max level warrior) and at ~890 ilvl I'm struggling to do ~500k in raids. Can barely maintain 450k on target dummy.

I second enhance being super fun tho.

Zelias

Banned
I think anybody that enjoys arms warrior would also enjoy frost DK. Both are simple (number of abilities and when to use them), but VERY fun in the execution.

Not really tried Enhance but I do enjoy both Arms and Frost, while not really liking Fury or Unholy.

Savitar

Neat, killed an elite and got a mount. It's the one that has acid blood, sadly you can't have it run up to players and face hug them implanting any of it's spawn into their bellies.

Now that's an ability worth having!

Bisnic

I'd even say they have TOO many abilities, but that may be because of talent choices I've made(one I don't have much choice thanks to legendary bracers).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd even say they have TOO many abilities, but that may be because of talent choices I've made(one I don't have much choice thanks to legendary bracers).

Yeah, I really don't like Hailstorm, especially if you also take Overcharge (which is actually not a recommended combo). The spec feels so much better without it.

CassSept

Well....

On one hand, that does sound pretty awesome and major

On the other hand, another cataclysmic event, eeeehhhhh

The only thing I have an issue with, as far as the rotation (not that I'm a raider), is finding the time to get flametongue going. I already have to use rockbiter at the start to generate maelstrom and up agility (landslide), then crash lightning for the buff there, and that's when the stormstrike procs start to make it rain. There never seems to be a good time for it, unless I take even more time to ramp up, and then there are feral spirits to fit in there, AND lightning bolt with overcharge (selected with the legendary I have). I think it actually feels good to play, minus flametongue.

Loxley

Woooooo finally got the Corrupted Ashbringer skin. That was fun - I liked that it wasn't even an official quest-chain. The whole nod to the vanilla urban legend that you could fish up the Ashbringer was a nice touch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Woooooo finally got the Corrupted Ashbringer skin. That was fun - I liked that it wasn't even an official quest-chain. The whole nod to the vanilla urban legend that you could fish up the Ashbringer was a nice touch.

Nice!

I still need to do this on my Pally.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Did Argus storyline in a day today. The new dungeon was pretty cool, probably a lot more interested in that storyline direction than in Burning Legion. Also kinda feel lost, getting back into the game this late would probably be pretty tough without any friends to rely on. Oh well, maybe tourism mode for a while and wait until the next expansion.

Bisnic

The only thing I have an issue with, as far as the rotation (not that I'm a raider), is finding the time to get flametongue going. I already have to use rockbiter at the start to generate maelstrom and up agility (landslide), then crash lightning for the buff there, and that's when the stormstrike procs start to make it rain. There never seems to be a good time for it, unless I take even more time to ramp up, and then there are feral spirits to fit in there, AND lightning bolt with overcharge (selected with the legendary I have). I think it actually feels good to play, minus flametongue.

Try having to keep up Rockbiter, Flametongue AND Frostbrand all at the same time. Since I have the legendary bracers that boost Fire Lash damage if I have the latter 2 up, I have to do that. And since they hall have short duration, it sucks. I don't even bother while doing WQs sometimes.

I barely have time left to use Fire Lash when I've got these 3 to manage on top of Stormstrike, Crash Lightning, and oh yeah let's not forget DPS cooldowns such as Doom Winds, Feral Spirits and the Earthen Spike talent if you happen to have that too.

Top Bottom