• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

well a shield pulse+infantry pulse + miracle team sure does sound like something I never want to run up against.

I'd like to think 'oh that's something only ultra whales will ever be able to do, it'll be rare' but I am routinely shocked at how much money everybody in arena seems to dump into this game.

speaking of which I might drop a little more on hero fest, I haven't spent money since the last hero fest and was 20bux. Shame the orb prices haven't gone down even though the canadian dollar has gone up significantly.

I tried 3 blues for Corrin just to see if I could get her before the voting gauntlet, and got two 4* Rodericks (never had him before). I am planning on creating a flier team and that firesweep lance could come in handy. My Cordelia is +atk -spd though, not ideal for that build. Not pulling any more until after Hero Fest goes away though. I'd imagine that will only last a week but nohrian summer is up for over a month.

Of course, if they bring in a Sacred Stones banner along with Valter I'm fucked.

Sushen

Did you guys promote Olivia to 5* or keep her at 4*? With the new emphasis on multiple functional teams, I'm preparing 4* Olivia in addition to my goto Azure.

She needs to be more than just a dancer, and should take care of greens including Hector with some help.

Wiseblade

Did you guys promote Olivia to 5* or keep her at 4*? With the new emphasis on multiple functional teams, I'm preparing 4* Olivia in addition to my goto Azure.

She needs to be more than just a dancer, and should take care of greens including Hector with some help.
I'd give Olivia a Ruby Sword+ before I promoted her, the only time I'd fight with her instead of dancing is to take on a troublesome green.

It's more efficient to 4*+10 Olivia and pass down a Ruby Sword+ or Wo Dao+ to her.

Mupod

mine's at 4*+4 and I have 3 more I can merge in once I stop being lazy. I finally found a +spd one too.

I don't have a ruby sword+ for her but I do have a -spd Athena so I could give her Wo Dao+ if I wanted.

I don't think Olivia has ever been on a banner yet, so I kind of want to hold off on doing much more with her.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Remind me, if I merge unit A, who already has inherited skills, into a new Unit B, do A's skills transfer as well? I'm guessing no ...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Learned skills will transfer, provided they're both the same character.

Oh really? Okay ... I have a full SI Hinoka that I wanted to merge into a level 1 Hinoka with a better IV. I was worried I would waste the skills. Thanks!

Ninferno

Learned skills will transfer, provided they're both the same character.

Unlearned skills will also transfer, they just stay unlearned.

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing to worry about merging units with SI into a fresh copy (probably with better nature). All skills get transferred, along with the learned/unlearned status.

The only thing to be mindful of is SP. If possible, try to spend the remaining SP before merging. Although with all those new modes and weekend SP bonus added recently, SP farming has pretty much ceased to become a problem.

Alucrid

Banned
Unlearned skills will also transfer, they just stay unlearned.

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing to worry about merging units with SI into a fresh copy (probably with better nature). All skills get transferred, along with the learned/unlearned status.

The only thing to be mindful of is SP. If possible, try to spend the remaining SP. Although with all those new modes and weekend SP bonus added recently, SP farming has pretty much ceased to become a problem.

i think having summer robin and tiki spoiled me on sp. +6 seems too slow now compared to +12

spiritfox

What does Infantry Pulse do again? Does it decrease all units with lower HP than the one with it or does it decrease the unit itself based on the number of units with lower HP?

Alucrid

Banned
anyone have tips for that one map in ch 11 and 12 chain challenge where it splits up your units 2 and 2 and you have to survive until wave 6? i know the best thing is probably a flier emblem but mine is still fairly weak due to having no hinoka yet.

Sushen

anyone have tips for that one map in ch 11 and 12 chain challenge where it splits up your units 2 and 2 and you have to survive until wave 6? i know the best thing is probably a flier emblem but mine is still fairly weak due to having no hinoka yet.
Or units with reposition can work too. I haven't beat the chain challenge one but it's a matter of moving back and forth while tanking some hits.

Alucrid

Banned
Or units with reposition can work too. I haven't beat the chain challenge one but it's a matter of moving back and forth while tanking some hits.

my problem is it's usually cecilia / xander and camus / elise so someone gets whittled down eventually. maybe i should try TA instead of fury on xander and camus

Ninferno

my problem is it's usually cecilia / xander and camus / elise so someone gets whittled down eventually. maybe i should try TA instead of fury on xander and camus

Yeah, I hate 11-3 so much. I know there are easier ways like using a bait filer (not necessarily strong, in fact, a weaker one might work even better as a bait) to trick the AI into wasting turns getting around the mountain back and forth, but I simply used Escape Route and Wings of Mercy to get my whole party back together.

To be specific, I have Escape Route on Reinhardt, let him take a hit during the first 2 maps, probably by a generic red sword or lance armored knight to get him drop below half HP. This activates ER so he can teleport to the other side of the map at the start of 11-3. Olivia with WoM follows him so that my party is back together and I just need to be careful working with the limited space. ER Reinhardt + WoM Olivia is my go-to combo for Tempest speed runs so I feel right at home using it for CC Lunatic as well.

Though speaking of CC 11 & 12 as a whole, Reinhardt might not be ideal here because with those crazy HP inflation, many enemy units are going to survive his attacks, and he's outright helpless in enemy phase. As a result, I had huge problem with him in the limited turn maps. Fortunately, 10-map CCs have the mercy to let you use 3 teams so after the Reinhardt-lead 1st team failed, I just continued with Olwen and her horse buddies. In the chapter 12 maps, no one besides Sonya survived horse-buffed Quad Thunder:)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So what's the best setup for horse emblem? I have Xander and Reinhardt. Need to know who to focus up next. I need some tankiness for these chain battles.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I hate 11-3 so much. I know there are easier ways like using a bait filer (not necessarily strong, in fact, a weaker one might work even better as a bait) to trick the AI into wasting turns getting around the mountain back and forth, but I simply used Escape Route and Wings of Mercy to get my whole party back together.

To be specific, I have Escape Route on Reinhardt, let him take a hit during the first 2 maps, probably by a generic red sword or lance armored knight to get him drop below half HP. This activates ER so he can teleport to the other side of the map at the start of 11-3. Olivia with WoM follows him so that my party is back together and I just need to be careful working with the limited space. ER Reinhardt + WoM Olivia is my go-to combo for Tempest speed runs so I feel right at home using it for CC Lunatic as well.

Though speaking of CC 11 & 12 as a whole, Reinhardt might not be ideal here because with those crazy HP inflation, many enemy units are going to survive his attacks, and he's outright helpless in enemy phase. As a result, I had huge problem with him in the limited turn maps. Fortunately, 10-map CCs have the mercy to let you use 3 teams so after the Reinhardt-lead 1st team failed, I just continued with Olwen and her horse buddies. In the chapter 12 maps, no one besides Sonya survived horse-buffed Quad Thunder:)

yeah that's why i ended up switching out rein for cecilia. escape route and wom didn't even cross my mind though, and i wouldn't feel terrible about giving up g tomebreaker for one of them

kewlmyc

What would be best for a bladetome SPD+ S!Elise? I'm stuck between darting blow, death blow, and fury. S!Elise is pretty much Nino with less speed and more attack.

So what's the best setup for horse emblem? I have Xander and Reinhardt. Need to know who to focus up next. I need some tankiness for these chain battles.

Camus and another mage. Preferably Cecilia with bladetome.

If you're trying to keep your horse team alive as long as possible, then investing into a horse staff user like Elise or Priscilla will be useful. Make sure to inherit a horse buff on all of them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Training 1 start units is pretty hilarious. You have to buff them up a ton for them to do any damage, and they gain XP by killing units like 12 levels below them. I'm trying to clear up my Barracks of all the 1* and 2* units, and I refuse to just send them home. So I need to get them all to at least 3* so I can give random 4* and 5*s units a bunch of skills that may one day somehow be useful.

Almost done with the 1* units, I have 6 more to go.

Tripon

Training 1 start units is pretty hilarious. You have to buff them up a ton for them to do any damage, and they gain XP by killing units like 12 levels below them. I'm trying to clear up my Barracks of all the 1* and 2* units, and I refuse to just send them home. So I need to get them all to at least 3* so I can give random 4* and 5*s units a bunch of skills that may one day somehow be useful.

Almost done with the 1* units, I have 6 more to go.
Lol, this is what crystals and shards are.

What would be best for a bladetome SPD+ S!Elise? I'm stuck between darting blow, death blow, and fury. S!Elise is pretty much Nino with less speed and more attack.

I run Fury on my Nino and love it because of the easy Desperation activation.

Never had an issue with Speed, but Elise is a bit slower like you mentioned.

Death Blow sounds like the good kind of overkill.

I'm tempted to run Life and Death myself, but she seems really squishy.

Finally beat the 11&12 challenge map. Used those orbs to summon for summer Corrin and got my second 5* +Atk Reinhardt. Guess it's time to troll some people on defense and use him for another chain map team.

Scum

What does Infantry Pulse do again? Does it decrease all units with lower HP than the one with it or does it decrease the unit itself based on the number of units with lower HP?

The first instance you mentioned. It only affects allies' special count (-1 @ Turn 1), not the unit with it.

Sushen

Finally beat the 11&12 challenge map. Used those orbs to summon for summer Corrin and got my second 5* +Atk Reinhardt. Guess it's time to troll some people on defense and use him for another chain map team.
I can't use the same unit in two different teams in chain Challenge, isn't it? The second one doesn't show up in the selection, I think.

Mupod

Anyone have a guide for killing Lloyd with Lloyd? I can't get this clarisse one to work

I had my Lloyd tank the green flier on the left which charged his special. Then I had Azura smack the enemy Lloyd and finished him off with mine.

There were a few other steps in between of course but that's the general idea.

Who are you guys rolling with in the gauntlet? I have Summer Robin, Tiki, and Gaius. I don't know which one will be most optimal.

I don't have any of the summer units so I'll go low effort and just support whoever looks like they will win it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I went with Xander, Cecilia with Gronnblade+, Reinhardt and Camus.
Thanks. I just leveled up Camus to 5 star/40, next up Cecilia. Need to see if I have one with good IVs.

Also I commit to this for some reason. I do not know why.

IMG_4724.png

He's alright. He quads stuff sometimes. Pairs up pretty well with Delthea.

Sushen

I've been checking inventory to prepare for team battles. I have 4 pretty solid teams with 90% SI done. To my surprise, I don't have enough great red swords whereas too many blue mages. It's going to be quite a lot of SI operations to complete the task, though.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I promoted mine for the BST, then gave her a budget SI build of Silver Sword+, Triangle Adept 2, and Swordbreaker. It lets her fight red lords and tank greens, similar to Eirika. Very useful when you're running a team where she's the only red unit.

I've only pulled one 4* Olivia in the past, so I can't really do the whole 4* merged Olivia thing.

Okay, I feel a little better about spending 80-100 orbs sniping blues and getting no S.Corrin. Screw you guys who got her in like 15 orbs lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to make my Masked Marth a Combat Medic to use in the the next Tempest, like I have seen a lot of people do with Chrom.

The current "budget" build I am aiming for is Falchion, Sol, Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 2, and Breath of Life 3. I used a 3* Felicia, 4* Felicia, 4* Florina, and a 4* Chrom to SI everything. It needs a shit ton of SP though, 2k total, and I need 800 more to finish up.

Now if I could just get a Renewal 1 Seal, than she would heal for 30 HP at the start of each map. Just have to live with ether HP +3, or maybe Breath of Life 1 seal.

My main Olivia is still 4*, but she is decently decked out. I think I will raise her to 5* soonish though. Right now, she has Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 2, and Hone Attack 3. The Ruby Sword is pretty nice, since it means she can actually take down Hector with ease, which gives a lot of teams trouble (Especially when training)

So S!Elise got into S tier, ranking even more than Julia and Nino. I saw potential on her when I was leveling her up but sadly mine has a terrible IV (+RES/-ATK) so I don't know if it's worth of doing IS on her.

I'm praying to the FE Gods to please make the Sacred Coins a currency to reroll the IV of the heroes. I have some really good heroes on the bench just because they have unfavorable IVs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bamboo 竹;244890810 said:
So S!Elise got into S tier, ranking even more than Julia and Nino. I saw potential on her when I was leveling her up but sadly mine has a terrible IV (+RES/-ATK) so I don't know if it's worth of doing IS on her.

I'm praying to the FE Gods to please make the Sacred Coins a currency to reroll the IV of the heroes. I have some really good heroes on the bench just because they have unfavorable IVs.

I'm personally predicting Sacred Coins are going to related to Sacred Seals, due to the name. Most likely there will be a Sacred Seal shop of some sorts. Would be cool if there is just a skill shop in general though.

It could also be something really lame though, like the ability to buy the items you can use in the new Arena mode.

Kenai

Bamboo 竹;244890810 said:

My +Hp -Spd Julia is praying for this as well.

Hoping to snipe an Elise or Corrin (or both) with the orbs we will be getting over the month but rerolling IVs in some way would be so amazing I don't even wanna think too much about it til it's confirmed in some way.

Alucrid

Banned
I decided to make my Masked Marth a Combat Medic to use in the the next Tempest, like I have seen a lot of people do with Chrom.

The current "budget" build I am aiming for is Falchion, Sol, Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 2, and Breath of Life 3. I used a 3* Felicia, 4* Felicia, 4* Florina, and a 4* Chrom to SI everything. It needs a shit ton of SP though, 2k total, and I need 800 more to finish up.

Now if I could just get a Renewal 1 Seal, than she would heal for 30 HP at the start of each map. Just have to live with ether HP +3, or maybe Breath of Life 1 seal.

My main Olivia is still 4*, but she is decently decked out. I think I will raise her to 5* soonish though. Right now, she has Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 2, and Hone Attack 3. The Ruby Sword is pretty nice, since it means she can actually take down Hector with ease, which gives a lot of teams trouble (Especially when training)

i use lucina and with falchion and renewal 3 i never have a problem healing up between fights since you automatically get 20 hp at the start. sol and breath of life seems like overkill

spiritfox

Bamboo 竹;244890810 said:

So what does Elise have that Nino doesn't? Aren't they statistically very similar?

Ninferno

So what does Elise have that Nino doesn't? Aren't they statistically very similar?

Probably due to a few more theoretical match-up wins than Nino (when both are equipped with blade+ and properly buffed). The difference is really minor though, and Nino has another huge edge over Selise (I like the sound of this) which is not considered (and rightfully so) in most tierings: her much much higher availability.

Sushen

Bamboo 竹;244890810 said:
I don't have a high hope for reroll as someone who pulled 2 exactly same atk-/def+ Delthea last week. Simply rerolling doesn't guarantee it's going to be better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom