• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Rob Gronkowski is the greatest TE of all time |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ad779yz.jpg

First, we need a small introduction for those who don't know the man.

Robert Paxton "Gronk" Gronkowski (born May 14, 1989) is an American football tight end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Arizona, winning several awards, including being named a Sporting News and Rivals.com freshman All-American.

Mc3d2H8.jpg

Now let's look at all his records:

NFL records
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game: 21 years, 214 days (2010, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game, playoffs: 22 years, 275 days (2011 playoffs, vs. Denver Broncos)
  • Most touchdown receptions by a tight end, season: 17 (2011)
  • Most touchdowns by a tight end, season: 18 (2011)
  • First tight end to lead the league in receiving touchdowns (2011)
  • Most receiving yards by a tight end, season: 1,327 (2011)
  • Most offensive touchdowns in first two seasons: 28 (Tied with Randy Moss)
  • Seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 5 (2010–12, 2014–15)
  • Consecutive seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 3 (2010–12)
  • First tight end to have 3 seasons with 10+ touchdowns and 1,000+ receiving yards (2011, 2014–15)[53]
  • Most career postseason receiving touchdowns by a tight end: 9

em2DDfK.jpg

I saw yes. We've never seen a more dominant, shirtless presence on the field than Gronk, besides maybe a Randy Moss. No other TE can catch, run and block the way Gronk can. Sure sometimes he's injured, but in my eyes he's already shown enough to be considered the greatest of all time.

What do you guys think?

kmfdmpig

If he can stay healthy he may be considered that. As it is I'd put Tony G. and Antonio G. over him.
If his back continues to cause issues he may be a Terrell Davis type of being utterly dominant, but over a short period of time.

Bread

Banned
Gronk is not only the most greatest best TE of all time, he's the best tight end of all time as well as the greatest!

SZips

OP doesn't even mention the Gronk's biggest claim to fame: Being on the cover of a Madden release.

Though I personally think he's overhyped. Gronk, that is, not Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom