• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Chris R

ADLightTreason.jpg
OLpIuc3.gif

jelly

Kislyak probably freaked out because Kushner made that request and the whole conversation may have been monitored by US intelligence and as it turns out yes it was.

Russian facepalm. They were in but the administration is that stupid. Whoops. lol.

Afrodium

Banned
Imagine the meltdowns we're going to witness from Trump if the walls start closing in on Kush.

For real. He's still bitter about Flynn, and Kushner is family. If the heat gets turned up I still don't think Trump will allow Kushner to resign, against the wishes of the rest of the entire administration. This is going to be a wild ride.

The fact that these guys are so gung-ho about more prisons, more convictions, etc. and yet none of them will see the inside of a cell (except MAYBE Flynn) is goddamn infuriating.

MSNBC is reporting that the Washington Post is about to break a story that the Senate Investigation Committee is going to call for any and all communications relating to the Trump campaign

royalan

Imagine the meltdowns we're going to witness from Trump if the walls start closing in on Kush.

The more I think about it, the more it becomes obvious to me that, if the FBI has known about this and STILL haven't moved against Kushner, it's because they're building a case to go after the big guy himself.

I mean, if there really wasn't any collusion between Trump himself and the Russians, the FBI would have already grabbed up Flynn and Manafort, both of whom are obviously guilty.

But so far the FBI are letting the little fish swim...

jelly

Trump would pardon him in an instant. He would give no shits about optics either

That's the most disappointing thing, can they get off easy?

What if they nail Trump first and charge the rest after he is impeached. Can't pardon then.

Syncytia

For real. He's still bitter about Flynn, and Kushner is family. If the heat gets turned up I still don't think Trump will allow Kushner to resign, against the wishes of the rest of the entire administration. This is going to be a wild ride.

There is so much potential for obstruction here. And Trump is such an idiot and thinks he's above the law so he most likely be willing to do anything to protect his Kush.

Chumly

That's the most disappointing thing, can they get off easy?

What if they nail Trump first and charge the rest after he is impeached. Can't pardon then.
Personally I hope that the FBI overcharges his associates and he ends up pardoning kushner, Flynn etc for treason and more when it might not be provable in court.

He will argue that it's a witch hunt and the deplorable will believe him but it will be the end of his presidency.

If we're lucky New York will be able to charge them on some type of money laundering which can't be pardoned by the president

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Holy shit, WaPo first learned about this in December but couldn't get corroboration until now:

The second paragraph seems to indicate this set up the later meeting with Prince.
If true to the events, the second paragraph basically smokes the notion of Team Trump being played/roped by Russia.

For instance, according to those officials and the letter, Kushner conveyed to the Russians that he was aware that it would be politically sensitive to meet publicly, but it was necessary for the Trump team to be able to continue their communication with Russian government officials.
That's not just intention. That's eagerness. So we can only assume they were expecting something rather immediate/concrete from it.

royalan

MSNBC is reporting that the Washington Post is about to break a story that the Senate Investigation Committee is going to call for any and all communications relating to the Trump campaign

But so far all the Trump administration has done is laugh at these subpoenas and refuse them. What's going to change now?

At this point shouldn't it just be Mueller reviewing this stuff? These committees might just be interfering with the special prosecutor at this point.

Consider this kush smoked.

He's gonna end up like Subway Jared at this rate.

Syncytia

But so far all the Trump administration has done is laugh at these subpoenas and refuse them. What's going to change now?

I remember when the thing about Flynn pleading the 5th came out they kind of just said, Ok, then we'll subpoena your advising agencies because companies can't plead the 5th. So maybe something similar to that?

Top Bottom