• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
and the CSR system of H4.
CSR is basically irrelevant since it wasn't even in-game.

In reference to the ranking systems, I'm also referring to Halo 3's global ranks, which correlated directly with 1-50. Aren't Halo 3's global ranks technically a progression system as well?

RoKKeR

White Halo Xbox!

Yeah, MS needs to spruce up it's offering. The $399 Kinect-less SKU isn't very inspiring. Throw a game like the Halo MCC and maybe a special edition/white console then it will be a much more compelling package than it is now.

I imagine they'll do this fairly soon, as the $399 is pretty much just a baseline price that needed to happen.

amnesiac

The best part of this is that the classic Halo series is renewed for another generation. :)

Getting an Xbox One in the future for sure now.

belushy

Banned
CSR is basically irrelevant since it wasn't even in-game.

In reference to the ranking systems, I'm also referring to Halo 3's global ranks, which correlated directly with 1-50. Aren't Halo 3's global ranks technically a progression system as well?

The SR system in H4 was the equivalent of the global "military ranks" from Halo 3. They are progression systems however. The Venture Beat Q&A is talking about a unified competitive ranking system (1-50, CSR) for the Master Chief collection across all games.

I'm wondering this too. I'm on the fence as to whether to get an XBone for my bday next month, or to get a gift card and wait to purchase a possible Special Console/ bundle in the fall.

I was totally not interested in next-gen gaming and leaning towards a PS4 if I did join in, but this MCC has changed my mind. I'll be getting an Xbox One for this alone.

Yeah, I hear you. The $399 SKU is what I want, but because there are no games I want to play at the moment, the Xbox would just be sitting there. I hope they do a XO MMC bundle with a year of XBL for like $460 or something.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I do wonder most about the newest prologue and epilogue to Halo 2. Sounds exciting. That, actually, has me more interested than anything else in TMCC. And Terminals!

I hope we see Arby =)

Its not to Halo 2. I was listening to their interview at GiantBomb, and he said Prologue will be in the beginning of Halo 1 and epilogue at the end of Halo 4.

Even though I knew this collection was coming it still managed to completely shock me when it was all detailed during the conference. Just an insane amount of content. Also nice that it finally converted some of my 360 friends from buying into the Xbox One. Good times ahead my friends, good times.

Random17

Frankie, are the original skulls still there? E.g. Envy, Anger? (Please be yes, Envy was awesome)

The Cairo playthrough had a very easy to find skull in the Anniversary Mode, so have you switched up the positions again?

Also, is there a skull menu?

------
In other news, credit for this gif goes to "TheClunkierBean's" video, first linked on BNET. (MC vs PS4)

irRYotpqJ6qn1.gif

Frankie, are the original skulls still there? E.g. Envy, Anger? (Please be yes, Envy was awesome)

The Cairo playthrough had a very easy to find skull in the Anniversary Mode, so have you switched up the positions again?

------
In other news, credit for this gif goes to "TheClunkierBean's" video, first linked on BNET. (MC vs PS4)

irRYotpqJ6qn1.gif

post-37046-thats-actually-hilarious-gif-S-MmDq.gif

Yeah, MS needs to spruce up it's offering. The $399 Kinect-less SKU isn't very inspiring. Throw a game like the Halo MCC and maybe a special edition/white console then it will be a much more compelling package than it is now.

I imagine they'll do this fairly soon, as the $399 is pretty much just a baseline price that needed to happen.

In March, an XboxOne including Kinect + Forza Motorsport was $399.00 on Amazon. And I think there was also a deal for XboxOne + Kinect + Titanfall + 1yr XBL for $450 too.

Halo MCC would be an awesome pack-in game. Could sell systems, imo. But not for $500, or $450, or even $400. Drop the Kinect from the bundle, and offer XboxOne with MCC for $350. The $50 difference from PS4, plus the awesome pack-in game, would sell systems. Because at this point, MS doesn't need to match PS4 (who has the momentum) they need to BEAT them. Just taking the Kinect out of the package and offering it at the same price as the PS4 isn't going to do it.

I myself couldn't resist a LE MCC Xbox One bundle that had a wicked graphical treatment on the console & controller. Would pay $375.

Where's my H1 multiplayer banshee, Stinkles? And what halo PC map besides inifnity did you so viciously rip from my heart? Also, why do you hate freedom?

------

irRYotpqJ6qn1.gif

Sony fanboy pushes an XBOX One into a PS4?

This .gif is all over the place. Doesn't make sense.

JDHarbs

Cab back. One more question
File Share support for Halo 3 or 4? So we can play the same custom gametypes and forge maps we used to play?

Edit: I might need to rephrase. Will we be able to download the maps/gametypes from our Halo 3/4 file shares and play them in the MC Collection? Or do we have to rebuild them all from scratch?

Chief drops an Xbomb onto the PS4. Blowing it up. Meanwhile the Ps4 fanboys looks to contain it/grab/stop the damage...but its too late?

Or at least that's what i get out of it?

Goddamn it Stinkles! Answer meeeee!

HTupolev

If you drop an XB1 onto a PS4 from a great height, both consoles may be destroyed.

It's a big improvement for Microsoft over the sixth-gen situation where, despite the Xbox being enormous, the Gamecube was pretty much invulnerable.

wwm0nkey

Thanks I was actually talking about pre-loading. So we could start playing right away on that day. I dont want to wait for the damn delivery guy :(
You could do that Microsoft store deal of you got some games you don't want anymore that aren't worth anything.

Tesseract

Banned
kinda wish y'all went all the way with h2's mp remastering, but i'll take what i can get. looking forward to 60 fps h3, awgh yiss.

ZaneZavin

Neo Member
The only place where a bunch of guys are pleased by high res Johnson pics.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do hope Microsoft can get the XB1 rolling with predownload and 12AM unlocks. It's gotta be worth it for them, because I can never trade in a download.

Buwx

Cab back. One more question

Playable Elites in Halo 5 multiplayer, please?

Do the skulls in H2A function in the same way as the skulls in the original? How do the new skulls tie into this? Will the new skulls replace the old ones? Will the skulls automatically activate upon picking them up?

amnesiac

Does switching to 2004 mode change the look of the cutscenes too? Since it's CGI this time I'm wondering if it's any different.

Spade

Really excited for this. Pre-ordered right as it was up and now I play the waiting game... not really I play other games.

I gotta go for that 4000 gamerscore though. I read achievements would be made with the previous ones in mind. Definitely up for replaying the campaigns on Legendary for Halo 2 with friends though for achievements.
Please make an(other) achievement for the Scarab gun.

Random17

Am I the only one who sees the Chief continue to fall towards the explosion (look in the initial center explosion)? The hand might even by Locke's, actually.

Frankie, any word on the original Halo 2 skulls?

Does switching to 2004 mode change the look of the cutscenes too? Since it's CGI this time I'm wondering if it's any different.

Yes, confirmed in the IGN/Gamespot interview I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom