• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.

If I had to guess, Halo 3 Anniversary will simply slot directly into the MC collection as DLC. As for Halo 4, too far away to tell.

Heretic

Has anyone, behind closed doors, or on the show floor, seen any footage of Halo 3 or Halo 4 with the increased resolution and locked frame rate? How did it look? Also is Halo 3 FoV improved?

Seems like they're focusing all of the attention to Hal 2. We'll see the others soon enough :)

Storm360

So, please tell me I'm not the only one who's going to be storing this collection inside the Halo 3 Cat helmet?

EDIT: With the conversation about the move mouse thing... it may be worth noting that I had seen a cursor in Halo CE Anniversary on the 360 one time when reloading a checkpoint.

GavinGT

Banned
I've never heard of this glitch, explain

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Ammo_Glitch

Basically, you start reloading a weapon and then swap it with one that's on the ground. The reloading will continue even though it's dropped, and when you pick it back up the clip will be magically full again.

So you can shoot two rockets, do the reload glitch, and get those two rockets back quite easily. It got so bad over XBConnect that we'd count every rocket fired by the enemies and disconnect if we knew they were using the glitch.

Oh, so that was Stinkles?

Yep. He's the guy in charge of the Halo franchise, AFAIK.

I love everything about this package. Fantastic value, great games, I'll be buying it day 1. But I saw some gameplay yesterday on IGN (Halo 2 Anniversary), and to be honest I was....kind of disappointed visually.

I played Halo CE: Anniversary on my 360 and it was good, but the framerate killed some of my enjoyment. Since this is the Xbox One, I pretty much figured these anniversary editions (1 and 2) would look flawless, but the streams I saw yesterday seemed to show terrible aliasing, I was expecting a much better IQ.

Anyone else, or am I crazy?

I think people need to keep in mind that these games are still running in their original engines, virtually unchanged except for the fact that the universal UI is linked in, as well as tweaking them to work with XB1's hardware.

The overlay/reskin that CE:A got and that H2:A will be getting has to run 'on top' of the underlying game/engine. I'm not a dev and know approximately zero about coding, but I have to imagine that's a pretty tricky task to accomplish.

Besides, the occassional hiccup here or there or some aliasing seems nitpicky at best when considering the preponderance of value being packed into this thing.

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I figured it would get buried under all the E3 news. The people in this thread would certainly benefit though:

Microsoft Stores giving a minimum $10 trade-in credit on any last-generation game when you pre-order an Xbox One game

The key here is $10 minimum on any Wii, WiiU, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One title. Maximum of 5 games allowed. So if you have a bunch junky old games that Gamestop won't give you $1 for, you can pick up the Master Chief Collection for $10. Offer ends on June 15.

Did you make a new thread for this? The people must know about this. :)

Competa

Banned
I loved the elite design in halo 1 and 2, they looked slick, agile, fast and strong. Since halo 3 they look fat, clumsy Dino's.

RetroStu

Banned
Anyone else really love the grunts?, i love the way they talk and some of the stuff they say and when they run away with their arms in the air lol. I actually used to hate killing them lol.

I remember being really annoyed when playing Reach and they didn't speak English.

Ukumio

Banned
Don't know if this has been said before (I looked, didn't seen any mention of it) but on HaloWaypoint.com it offers the option to "Pre-Order Disc" which I think is odd because normally pre-orders for Xbox One don't mention what medium the pre-order is on.

Could this be a hint that Digital Pre-Orders are coming? Or am I just over analysing? Hopefully it does come cause its the one thing Xbox One is really needs.

jem0208

Don't know if this has been said before (I looked, didn't seen any mention of it) but on HaloWaypoint.com it offers the option to "Pre-Order Disc" which I think is odd because normally pre-orders for Xbox One don't mention what medium the pre-order is on.

Could this be a hint that Digital Pre-Orders are coming? Or am I just over analysing? Hopefully it does come cause its the one thing Xbox One is really needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they debut pre-loading with this.

It's gunna be a pretty massive game considering the amount of content, pre-loading is going to be a necessity.

H3xum

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I figured it would get buried under all the E3 news. The people in this thread would certainly benefit though:

Microsoft Stores giving a minimum $10 trade-in credit on any last-generation game when you pre-order an Xbox One game

The key here is $10 minimum on any Wii, WiiU, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One title. Maximum of 5 games allowed. So if you have a bunch junky old games that Gamestop won't give you $1 for, you can pick up the Master Chief Collection for $10. Offer ends on June 15.

If only they had online deals

Ukumio

Banned
so we get all the halo maps on the halo 4 engine?

No, all the maps are in the engine they were originally made for. So a Halo 2 map will be in the Halo 2 engine. The Halo 2 Remastered maps are remade in a brand new native Xbox One engine that has many features from the Halo 2 engine.

Damn Link1201 beat me to it :p

Lkr

uhh holy shit. so i can give them madden 07-09 and get $30 towards a game?

also on another note, the old MP will run on old engines, but are they going to fix glitches and bugs in the game?

Ukumio

Banned
also on another note, the old MP will run on old engines, but are they going to fix glitches and bugs in the game?

Nope, the games will have the same engine they last ran. Bugs and glitches still there. Its a very controversial issue it seems.

jelly

The Halo CE Anniversary Elites looked very weird, like short arse bubble suits. Usually that Elite leading down to the map room in silent cartographer looks badass but you just laugh now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom