• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, you’ll learn about Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, the greatest game yet made.

Offtopic Post About Games-As-Art (Specifically Bioshock)

Wolves Evolve said:
Finally I found the most touching part of the essay to be about the durational quality of games these days; perpetual labour camps for the autist masses, or blipvert handjobs by 'game entrepreneurs'. To get to a point where honest, kind-hearted people with histories of gameplaying tout Bioshock as anything more than the demented rant of a undergraduate right-winger produces more sadness in me than...

I just want to step up for a second here and defend Bioshock. Mostly because you seem to be under the impression that Bioshock is pro-Objectivism. Bioshock is actually a hyperbolic critique of Rand's philosophy. It's theme is essentially: "Look at what would become of Galt's Gulch." It gets the point across THROUGH its hyperbole. By presenting such a bleak setting (and setting is one of the things Bioshock does exceedingly well) and slowly allowing the player to piece together the downfall of Rapture, the game shows the idealistic folly of Rand's philosophy. People cannot always discern between self actualization and hedonism, and so numerous people will fall apart (the splicers). In a world without government, the strong will seize power and everyone else will suffer. You essentially cannot escape government because people will always abuse each other for personal gain, and upon seizing power a form of government has been created. Finally, Bioshock points out that Objectivism is just as much about faith as Christianity. Ryan holds onto his faith in "the great chain" even as events prove him wrong and the world crumbles around him. He proclaims, with religious zeal, that he is RIGHT. And in doing so he shows the blind faith many followers of Rand's philosohpy place in their idealistic correctness.

I think it's easy to dismiss Bioshock as "juvenile" simply because it wears its themes on its shoulders (and compared to some masterpieces such as The Void, Ico, Deus Ex, Shadow of the Colossus and Torment it is semi-juvenile). However, you have to understand that Bioshock attempts to convey its message through a popular medium of the time, first person shooters, which in turn helps with Bioshock's second major theme.

Bioshock is in fact a critique of the genre and to some degree video games in general. At the turn of the story you realize that you have been obeying without questioning simply because that is how you have been conditioned. When you play a videogame you simply kill everything, move on, and don't think too hard. However, after discovering this, you go on doing the same thing until the end. Players begin to question why exactly they are doing this. They aren't enjoying themselves as much, it seems like the game already hit its emotional high point, etc. Yet almost everyone keeps going. They've traded one master for another, and they keep going. IMMEDIATELY after holding a mirror up to that ugly blemish of most modern games, Bioshock goes and proudly display the blemish on its sleeve. It's a bizarre (possibly unintentional) effect. The player (if they've been paying attention) has seen a critique of modern design in which players simply go through the motions: killing everything and traveling from one area to the next at the behest of NPCs simply because the game tells you to. However, even after this they continue to do so... simply because they game wants them too. Jack (the protagonist) and the player are perfectly mirrored. One obeys
Atlas
without question. The other obeys the game.

And yes, the ending was handled much more poorly than the rest of the game, but I still think the final boss's appearance being an allusion to the most popular cover of Atlas Shrugged a great thematic ending to the game.

And I'm sure you'll disagree, but I seriously do think that Bioshock is actually an interesting game. It's by no means as philosophical as something like Moon or Metal Gear Solid 2 (which I can't stand simply because of Kojima's style), but that does not invalidate the fact that it presents some interesting themes and allows for some minor analysis.

Magypsy23

Banned
jesusraz said:
What would you say if I told you Kimura-san is very keen on doing a remake of Moon? What would you also say If I told you that this thread is soon to be looked at and all positive responses/opinions are going to be noted to influence the decision? :)

The PROSPECTIVE REMAKE news isn't attracting the attention it should.

jesusraz

GhaleonQ said:
I'll wait until official statements (good or bad) before thanking you profusely, but, seriously, if you brought this to them or someone who cares, that's incredibly meaningful to me. Thank you. Thank you!
No problem at all! I just got a very interesting interview back regarding Little King's Story in which I believe some NeoGAF readers contributed a few questions (I *think* - it was a long time ago when the Qs were submitted - it's taken over half a year to get this approved...it's a very candid interview in places).

Will there be any sort of interview, public statement, or blog post confirming this information? Any idea when that Sakura Note interview will be posted publicly, too?
The interview should go live this weekend, depending on my workload. But, here's an off-the-record early quote from it:

Cubed3's Adam Riley: Yoshiro Kimura, you previously worked on cult hits like Moon and Chulip. Do you have any wishes to bring these Lovedelic’s and Punchline’s games back for the new generation, perhaps teaming up with the guys at Vanpool, or Kenichi Nishi at Route24/Skip Ltd. again?

Kimura-san: Hello, I’m the perennial drunk, Kimura! I still go drinking with Kudo-san at Vanpool and Nishi-san at Route24 so if some fun ideas come up we might end up creating a game together. So with some luck we might be able to do something *laughs* I still love the Love-de-lic era and Punchline era. Once in a while I do think about how much fun it will be to play those games on the current consoles. If we make it, will everyone play it? If there’s a whole lot of users that love or want to play them on the new systems then we might bring it over… maybe I should use Twitter and start asking “Does anyone want to play MOON?” “Would anyone like to play CHULIP?”

I mean, all I'm saying is that Vanpool just put out Tingle, Skip put out Chibi-Robo, and Punchline/Town Factory/Marvelous isn't doing anything. THE TIME IS RIGHT.
He does add, though, that "But right now the feeling of making something new is stronger than porting any of my past titles." He's being realistic in that unless enough interest is shown, his desire to bring older games back won't come to fruition. The insight into how he's wanted to remake Moon, especially, came courtesy of XSEED. Again, a desire to do it doesn't translate into reality - but the fact he's clearly passionate about a revival and wants people's feedback has to count for something.

Something else that will definitely be of interest in general is an update on The Silver Case. Any opportunity I've had to talk to Marvelous, RSG, XSEED or Grasshopper, I've asked...and tried to give updates here for those eager to see it released. Last time there was an update it was about the DS game being finished, but Suda-san saying it was too archaic for today's standards and it may well never be released until a complete overhaul is done. Now, though, Wada-san hints towards it coming via a download service instead! This intrigues me, as surely it would then have to be a WiiWare game rather than DSiWare due to file size restrictions?

Oh, and the idea of LKS for DS appeals to Kimura...I need to finish editing the full interview before it can go up. I might do that now, actually, since I've opened the file to get info for you guys :)

GhaleonQ

*faints*

Well, I'll save an irritatingly gigantic reaction for when you/someone actually makes the topic. Or maybe people should use this one? Either way, OOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD SATURDAY OR SUNDAY PLEASE PUT IT UP AAAAAAAAH!

Oh, and were the "right people" XSeed/Marvelous people or the designers themselves (if you can say)? Either's great, but I'd be giddy if they were aware of this, the fansites, or the other links I posted.

wrowa

Hey, stop, wait. You did an interview regarding Sakura Note? Does that mean this game is supposed to get a western release?

jesusraz

wrowa said:
Hey, stop, wait. You did an interview regarding Sakura Note? Does that mean this game is supposed to get a western release?
I contacted audio inc, they confirmed it was okay with Marvelous, and now I'm collecting questions to send over. If you have some contributions, please do share as I could do with more to add to my list before it goes over :)

GhaleonQ, from XSEED to Kimura...

GhaleonQ

jesusraz said:
I contacted audio inc, they confirmed it was okay with Marvelous, and now I'm collecting questions to send over. If you have some contributions, please do share as I could do with more to add to my list before it goes over :)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/097/G009746/20091106055 was very helpful to me.

I can add some more, I suppose.

1. Contact used the DS' functions quite well. How did you try to take advantage of the DS hardware with Sakura Note? Is it purely a fiscal decision, or do the simpler aesthetics or touchscreen make the game better?

2. You mentioned that you want people to relax and play the game before sleeping, like they would a book. How, then, would you sell it to people in the U.S., where many are likely to play DS games during traveling?

3. There's a palpable sense of nostalgia during the game. Is this a reflection of your thoughts or the writer's? Is it a nostalgia for a Japan of the past, a video game industry of the past, or your own personal youth? Do you think that kids who play the game will relate to the characters, even if they don't understand the adult, nostalgic sensibility?

4. Do you have a favorite scene or one that would best explain the game to a new audience?

5. You did background and map design before directing games. Since both of those are so striking in Sakura Note, did you help design them or do you have an apprentice at Audio? How did you translate the concept art to the DS so effectively?

6. What graphic adventure games did you play in your youth? Did you play American ones?

7. Americans tend to like open-ended games. What sort of freedom does Sakura Note's gameplay have that would appeal to a skeptic?

jesusraz said:
GhaleonQ, from XSEED to Kimura...

*grins* Again, sincere thanks.

jesusraz

GhaleonQ said:
That's an interview I have had sat open on a Google Translate tab, but haven't had time to properly look at. I think you've just saved me a LOT of hassle by extracting follow-up questions from it, so thanks for that :D

I'll also definitely be asking about Space*Agency as even though it's only a potential idea, I like the sound of it and really hope it gets developed. Also, the obvious one is 'Why do you think Sakura Note sold worse than Contact?' relating it to Wada-san's own concerns that Marvelous doesn't have a strong reputation in Japan yet.

jesusraz said:
Something else that will definitely be of interest in general is an update on The Silver Case. Any opportunity I've had to talk to Marvelous, RSG, XSEED or Grasshopper, I've asked...and tried to give updates here for those eager to see it released. Last time there was an update it was about the DS game being finished, but Suda-san saying it was too archaic for today's standards and it may well never be released until a complete overhaul is done. Now, though, Wada-san hints towards it coming via a download service instead! This intrigues me, as surely it would then have to be a WiiWare game rather than DSiWare due to file size restrictions?
Oh my god.
The thought of finally having The Silver Case in english; game (uh, digital novel) of the decade.
I'll be hitting F5 on cubed3 every hour, hoping for details.

Oh, and i would sacrifice Nomura and the endless trash that Square-Enix pump out just to experience some Love-De-Lic titles. Im a sucker for groundbreaking off the wall titles.

Magypsy23

Banned
jesusraz said:

Want.

totowhoa

Banned
Never heard of this game until I read the awesome OP, and the news regarding the interview in the last two pages is crazy. I hope a remake occurs! This game sounds fantastic. If I get my U.S. PS2 set up to play imports, it won't have any problems with a PS1 import, will it? I've only ever imported handheld games.

edit: more people should really read that review in the OP. Sure it's long, but you're on GAF because you have nothing to do and you're interested in good video games.

GhaleonQ

I appreciate it, Sklorenz.

So, I know that they have Twitter accounts. I checked Yoshiro Kimura's, and he sent a message to Kenichi Nishi that he had been/should be interviewed by Cubed 3. jesusraz, are you getting in contact with him?

Edit: ah, I probably should have checked yours. Never mind.

jesusraz

The teaser story is now up, linking to your thread :)

Ghaleon, you've been doing some digging I see... ;) By the way, have you seen this? Vanpool, AlphaDream and Route24 worked together on it, with Marvelous as publisher. Came out on 24th December, 2009...I wondered if that interview had any interesting tidbits in it.

GhaleonQ

jesusraz said:
The teaser story is now up, linking to your thread :)

Ghaleon, you've been doing some digging I see... ;) By the way, have you seen this? Vanpool, AlphaDream and Route24 worked together on it, with Marvelous as publisher. Came out on 24th December, 2009...I wondered if that interview had any interesting tidbits in it.

Ah, I just saw it and was going to link up to it as well. Thanks for posting an article/Youtube link! I can't wait for the full thing. An adjustment on that article, if you don't mind? Chulip did make it out here, and I'd characterize all of thoes type of games as graphic adventure RPGs. You can adjust it as you'd like, of course.

I've heard of it. As I understand it, it's like an e-mail Tamagotchi, with the requisite tie-ins (dolls, et cetera). I'm not sure how popular it is, but it'll probably make Kenji Eno (who helped, I think) and all of those guys a bit of money. I guess the game's Nintendogs plus Animal Crossing?

I saw this thread when it was first posted, but tried to bury its memory because it was too heartbreaking. This looked like the game I've been wanting for a long, long time and I would likely never get to play it.

News of a possible translation and/or remake is fantastic.

GhaleonQ

Fantastic job. Fantastic! If they ever send news of petitions or votes, spread the news here. Thanks again, jesusraz.

jesusraz

No problem :) I see you've put some highlights in the official LKS thread - thanks for that. Perhaps it might be best to do a new topic based on it, though, so it gets the right attention, rather than being tagged onto the end of an already massive thread... :)

PowderedToast

fantastic thread, ghaleon. it's not often to you see such an in-depth analysis of a videogame so that was especially enjoyable. i'm hunting down their titles as i speak, and while i've known about lack of love for some time i wasn't confident enough to take plunge until now.

jay

I would love a Moon re-release as I really am dying to play it in English with no extra effort.

Kimura should make that tweet.

GhaleonQ

PowderedToast said:
fantastic thread, ghaleon. it's not often to you see such an in-depth analysis of a videogame so that was especially enjoyable. i'm hunting down their titles as i speak, and while i've known about lack of love for some time i wasn't confident enough to take plunge until now.

Fantastic! Spread the word if you enjoy them, and make sure you buy any that get translated. I really do appreciate it.

GhaleonQ

http://lovedelicgames.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/is-a-moon-remake-likely

Yoshiro Kimura said:
Oh, these kinds of rumor happen often. But it is half correct and half wrong. I do have an ambition to remake Moon. But, at the same time, I want to make something new immediately. I love my work both past and future. If I can remake something, someday then I wish it could be Moon or Chulip. But I do not know when I can realize such an ambition.

And I want to know that, if I remake Moon, who would want to play and how many people would love it? It was so nice for me during the Moon days.. it was a very important era of my life. Once I start to remember those days, tears drop from my eyes with happiness. I can honestly talk to people. I want play Moon again also, but it is so dificult for me to build a new version of Moon at this moment.

Thanks again to jesusraz at Cubed3 for getting this ball rolling. That led to the most definitive statement yet from the woman who runs Love-De-Lic life. Little King's Story 2 and then...?

GhaleonQ

beelzebozo said:
i would kill every person in this room to play a remake of this game. or even a version translated into english.

I just sent a private message to Ray Barnholt at 1-Up (he included Moon on a "most wanted imports" list a while back, and we've e-mailed once) and asked if he could contact Kenichi Nishi (who's readily available) and Taro Kudou (I have no idea) about the will to do it, if not necessarily the schedule. I did the same for Ashley at Love-De-Lic Life. I'll update about whether he did it and if they responded.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
GhaleonQ said:
I just sent a private message to Ray Barnholt at 1-Up (he included Moon on a "most wanted imports" list a while back, and we've e-mailed once) and asked if he could contact Kenichi Nishi (who's readily available) and Taro Kudou (I have no idea) about the will to do it, if not necessarily the schedule. I did the same for Ashley at Love-De-Lic Life. I'll update about whether he did it and if they responded.

You want to ask Nishi-san if he could remake Moon?

Hugbot

I started reading this thread when it got posted but stopped because it got too heartbreaking. News of a potential remake, even in the "maybe someday" stages, is heartening though.

Either way, it's inspired me to do some serious hunting when I visit a friend in Japan in a few weeks to turn up a copy of this. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to get through it using a translation, but I've become convinced it's more than worth trying.

RickA238

It is impossible to find a hard copy of this game. I've periodically looked on eBay for the last year and a half, it never comes up in auctions.

Ledsen

Hugbot said:
I started reading this thread when it got posted but stopped because it got too heartbreaking. News of a potential remake, even in the "maybe someday" stages, is heartening though.

Either way, it's inspired me to do some serious hunting when I visit a friend in Japan in a few weeks to turn up a copy of this. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to get through it using a translation, but I've become convinced it's more than worth trying.

If you're in Tokyo, I saw a few copies in one of the Trader stores i Akihabara (bought one of them for myself). I'm sure they could be sold by now but it never hurts to look. If they don't have it, one of the many used game stores around there should. I know I saw it in at least one other store.

Hugbot

Ledsen said:
If you're in Tokyo, I saw a few copies in one of the Trader stores i Akihabara (bought one of them for myself). I'm sure they could be sold by now but it never hurts to look. If they don't have it, one of the many used game stores around there should. I know I saw it in at least one other store.

I won't be in Tokyo the whole time, but there's definitely a two or three day stay there, I'm sure one of the Akihabara shops will have it. I'll be checking for the soundtrack too, but I hold out less hope for that. Depending on my cash situation and availability I will also try to pick up another copy or two to either get to friends or pass on at cost here. (Please, no one ask me to hold a copy for them, I'm not even sure I'll be able to and would hate to disappoint. Plus, I will undoubtedly forget who I promised)

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I've been waiting for this thread to get bumped...

Just wanted to say I signed up for the forum because of this thread. Great writeup, Ghaleon, it really is appreciated. I don't know what you plan to do with your future, but I hope you find the time write and think more about games. You do go off on tangents quite a bit, and you're not exactly direct in your writing, but that's probably because you're bursting to talk about dozens of topics unrelated to Moon (did I really need to know that your political and religious views in this writeup? It might be relevant to some game, but probably not here =p ). I look forward to future posts.

I read and watched it through to completion (though I didn't watch every video of the walkthrough). Someday I hope to have a hard copy, but just reading about it and watching it was pretty damned fulfilling!

When I have some more time, I'll try to comment further about the soundtrack. It's what bit-tunes could have evolved into.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Ledsen said:
Do you know about what the price was? I might be interested in paypalling anyone going to Tokyo in advance...

jay

My copy arrived yesterday complete with stickers and was promptly filed beside Lack of Love. Now on to years of staring at the case and never actually playing it.

GhaleonQ

I noticed that, perhaps by coincidence, someone reuploaded a copy of the game to pirate download sites. Peculiar.

Hugbot said:

Thanks, sincerely. Follow Ledsen's advice. I mentioned that pristine copies may be hard to come by and expensive, but he said that the game itself isn't prohibitively difficult.

Hugbot said:
I won't be in Tokyo the whole time, but there's definitely a two or three day stay there, I'm sure one of the Akihabara shops will have it. I'll be checking for the soundtrack too, but I hold out less hope for that. Depending on my cash situation and availability I will also try to pick up another copy or two to either get to friends or pass on at cost here. (Please, no one ask me to hold a copy for them, I'm not even sure I'll be able to and would hate to disappoint. Plus, I will undoubtedly forget who I promised)

There's almost no chance for the soundtrack. "We Kept Our Promise To You," the name of it, notes that it was only sent to people who had registered their game when it was originally released. It's odd, though, because it's still popular. There were 10th anniversary remix albums released and everything.

RickA238 said:
It is impossible to find a hard copy of this game. I've periodically looked on eBay for the last year and a half, it never comes up in auctions.

U.F.O.: A Day In The Life is even worse. I've seen it once on ANY English-language site. *sigh* It's bad enough now, a mere decade after they were released. I'm worried that they may become "lost games."

ICallItFutile said:
It's a shame the fan translation has stalled.

*sniff*

jay said:
My copy arrived yesterday complete with stickers and was promptly filed beside Lack of Love. Now on to years of staring at the case and never actually playing it.

You and me both. As soon as I leave college, I'll probably never be around a bunch of Japanese-fluent friends again, which means I probably won't play their games. ...Nice cover, though! It's modeling clay!

Telosfortelos said:
I've been waiting for this thread to get bumped...

Just wanted to say I signed up for the forum because of this thread. Great writeup, Ghaleon, it really is appreciated. I don't know what you plan to do with your future, but I hope you find the time write and think more about games. You do go off on tangents quite a bit, and you're not exactly direct in your writing, but that's probably because you're bursting to talk about dozens of topics unrelated to Moon (did I really need to know that your political and religious views in this writeup? It might be relevant to some game, but probably not here =p ). I look forward to future posts.

I read and watched it through to completion (though I didn't watch every video of the walkthrough). Someday I hope to have a hard copy, but just reading about it and watching it was pretty damned fulfilling!

When I have some more time, I'll try to comment further about the soundtrack. It's what bit-tunes could have evolved into.

Fantastic!

1. I'm kind of stuck. The brilliant Game Set Watch guy asked me to write 1 of their non-weekly columns for them, but I don't have any time. Gamasutra and company are the pinnacle of timely games writing, I think, so I disappointed myself. I'll have a "real" degree from an amazing college soon, but I am thinking about bailing from politics to try my hand at Digipen and game design. I need to make sure it's not a whim. I appreciate your too-kind compliments, though. The company's unknown status bothered me for a really long time, so I thought that this would get video game analysis out of my system. I definitely made it too much about me, but that's why: "this is the only company to move me as profoundly as artists in other mediums, so if you're the sort of person who thinks like me *insert Bresson reference*, you might be moved, too." The point's taken, of course. I swear, I'm cogent most of the time.

2. I'm really glad that you and others have mentioned that it was fulfilling. I wrote way too much because I figured the people who would like it wouldn't have the opportunity to play it. My only goal was to make people feel like they know the game, even if they didn't play it. *grins*

3. I can't wait to hear a soundtrack overview. I only know Parrotshake's and Wyrdwad's favorites (Warp Wet Woods and Song Of Silver Tsumugi Threads, my 2 and 3, oddly).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
GhaleonQ said:
U.F.O.: A Day In The Life is even worse. I've seen it once on ANY English-language site. *sigh* It's bad enough now, a mere decade after they were released. I'm worried that they may become "lost games."
Just gotta have ebay skills.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFO-A-day-in-th...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3caa44df61

I see Moon more often, but they both pop up time to time.

To the other guy, there's 3 copies of Moon on ebay currently. Two are the "the Best" versions though if that matters.

GhaleonQ

tetrisgrammaton said:
so did the ipad make launch? haven't kept up with ipad games

1. Not yet, apparently. He just got his own on launch day, and a quick translation says:

geotrion (iPhone / iPod touch) player recruitment test
April 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm · Filed under Blog April 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm Filed Under · Blog
[Call]
IPhone games will be released from GameComplex "geotrion" is looking for first 50 people to test players.
E-mail address can receive data on UDID specify the name here please e-mail.
It's easy getting UDID. Here please refer to.
When the available right頂I playing, if you like the twitter account geotrion you better thoughts and being well in the tweeting.
Thank you.

2. Apparently, Nishi ran into Skip's new hires while walking his new dog (Tao Mog?), which speaks well of their finances.

3. Yoshiro Kimura has "started to work already," says his Twitter feed, and he wants to go to Annecy (where there's a famous animation festival). Is that a hint about his inspiration for the next game (in which Aleksandr Petrov was the inspiration)?

4. By the way, Punchline's website officially closed, so everyone's moved to Marvelous already. Awful.

5. Vanpool hasn't announced their new project yet.

jesusraz

I thought Kimura-san's 'started to work already' Twitter post was in regards to him coming back from his trip around Europe. I was asking him if he'd enjoyed his holiday and if he was suffering from jet lag at the time...

Seeing this thread reminded me that I never responded to your email - sorry! Head's in the clouds. I got the Sakura Note/Akira Ueda interview back. It's in Japlish, so when I've got time I'm trying to sort through it. Ueda-san's friend kindly helped translate it into English, but it still needs some work.

He wants to do Contact 2, though, and I'm sure there's something about how the Lovedelic crew seem to be meeting up more often lately, so he's intrigued about the possibilities.

Nishi-san asked me to try that new game, but sadly I don't have an iPhone :/

GhaleonQ, I run a french website about game-as-art.
Would you mind if I translate your article in French ? I'll link to this thread anyway if you want.

GhaleonQ

jesusraz said:
I thought Kimura-san's 'started to work already' Twitter post was in regards to him coming back from his trip around Europe. I was asking him if he'd enjoyed his holiday and if he was suffering from jet lag at the time...

Seeing this thread reminded me that I never responded to your email - sorry! Head's in the clouds. I got the Sakura Note/Akira Ueda interview back. It's in Japlish, so when I've got time I'm trying to sort through it. Ueda-san's friend kindly helped translate it into English, but it still needs some work.

He wants to do Contact 2, though, and I'm sure there's something about how the Lovedelic crew seem to be meeting up more often lately, so he's intrigued about the possibilities.

Nishi-san asked me to try that new game, but sadly I don't have an iPhone :/

Right, I assumed that he wasn't rich enough to have a work-free holiday, so I assumed that he got things rolling before leaving. He does have to reassemble a team again, so maybe he had just made some calls in the meantime.

I can't wait for the interview, of course, and I volunteer to make the thread. I know there are some Contact and Grasshopper fanboys here. Also, can I just say that it's reallly cool how accessible Twitter's made them? I know you get to interact with industry figures a lot, but I'm still envious.

JonStark said:
GhaleonQ, I run a french website about game-as-art.
Would you mind if I translate your article in French ? I'll link to this thread anyway if you want.

Please do! The Francophone world needs to know, and the avatar shows your good taste in artistic games. What's the website, by the way?

Please do! The Francophone world needs to know, and the avatar shows your good taste in artistic games. What's the website, by the way?

Okay ! It'll be long so don't expect it tomorrow :D but I'll definitely do it asap.

Here's the website : http://www.dixiemeart.com/

There's an auto translation button at the bottom of every post. It's google trad, but it helps anyway :D

Ledsen

Telosfortelos said:
Do you know about what the price was? I might be interested in paypalling anyone going to Tokyo in advance...

Sorry I missed this question... I think I payed about 4500-5000 yen for it, it was the cheapest copy I could find. Could've been more (maybe up to 6000), I'm not sure.

edit: Now that I think about it, 4500-5000 should be the right number. Depending on condition, it will be more or less expensive of course.

Top Bottom