• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Trump to the Future

rUOGAdJ.gif

We can only hope.

UrokeJoe

Garbage in, garbage out, it's just another day in Trump life and I'm starting to get used to it. Fucking sad.

But today was a good day.

Maengun1

I am pretty much on the pessimistic side of things, but I honestly think this whole thing is starting to burn.

I have no idea how or when or what exactly is all going to go down, but I can't imagine the scenario right now that leads to a 2020 US Presidential election involving Trump. It's just like....yeah I can't picture it.

I remember saying the GWB administration felt like an eternity, but the last 7 months has felt like 7 years. This cannot sustain itself.

HotHamBoy

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/politics/weekly-standard-steve-bannon/index.html

After his ouster from the West Wing on Friday, ex-White House chief strategist Steve Bannon declared the Trump presidency that his brand of populist, right-wing conservatives helped make a reality is "over."

"The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over," Bannon said in an interview with The Weekly Standard. "We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It'll be something else."

"There'll be all kinds of fights, and there'll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over," he added, according to the Weekly Standard.

He headed directly back to Breitbart on Friday -- and even chaired Friday's editorial meeting.

Just hours later, Bannon's comments were published by The Weekly Standard. In the interview, Bannon said he voluntarily chose to leave the White House.

"On August 7, I talked to (Chief of Staff John) Kelly and to the President, and I told them that my resignation would be effective the following Monday, on the 14," he said. "I'd always planned on spending one year. Gen. Kelly has brought in a great new system, but I said it would be best. I want to get back to Breitbart."

Bannon told the Weekly Standard that a large part of his role at the White House was to take on the Republican establishment, which Trump agreed with.

"I said, 'look, I'll focus on going after the establishment," Bannon said. "He said, 'good, I need that.' I said, 'look, I'll always be here covering for you.'"

Is this just face-saving spin?

Trump's face is cracking me up. Is that angry face supposed to look badass? Shouldn't a president look somewhat friendly and relatable instead?

I think he goes for "stern" but comes off as "constipated."

This isn't gonna make anything worse. Breitbart is gonna keep Breitbarting, except now Bannon isn't in the ear of the President (quite as much). This is a good thing, but Trump is still who he is. A dumbass.

Spectone

Hey the #WAR could be a double entendre for White Aryan Resistance

I think they mean civil war as a fight back against the loss of their statues. When you think you are under attack it is easier to demonize your enemies. They are just riling up their base to attack the left.

Apt101

Trump's face is cracking me up. Is that angry face supposed to look badass? Shouldn't a president look somewhat friendly and relatable instead?

He reminds of Kim Jong Un. Always posing in a way that's supposed to project confidence or determination - usually with a prop. Like oh he is signing something here - must be a big executive order! See he's doing things!

Obama had the WH photographer follow him around, and what we got were a bunch of candid photos. Even Dubyah (though his were often unintentionally hilarious). Then we get this tool.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bannon was the prime cancer in the White House. Friction in his case is good.

I am glad he's gone, but I think the face of the political landscape will shift and become another kind of awful. It feels that Bannon will use Breitbart to galvanive the GOP at large, not Trump himself. I'd expect a coordinated effort to discredit Trump's percieved enemies within the party: Flake, Murkoswky, Collins, McCain, McConnell, and Ryan. With Kelly in as CoS, coupled with the publicity of the new Bannon book, Bannon's scope of influence changed and became limited. I feel that's what he means by saying 'that administration is over'. It is a way of saying "I am at the end of my road here, but I can continue on with the agenda here at Breitbart." Bannon can wage his dirty war on their GOP rivals without the scrutiny of being a government employee. Things will get worse.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I am glad he's gone, but I think the face of the political landscape will shift and become another kind of awful. It feels that Bannon will use Breitbart to galvanive the GOP at large, not Trump himself. I'd expect a coordinated effort to discredit Trump's percieved enemies within the party: Flake, Murkoswky, Collins, McCain, McConnell, and Ryan. With Kelly in as CoS, coupled with the publicity of the new Bannon book, Bannon's scope of influence changed and became limited. I feel that's what he means by saying 'that administration is over'. It is a way of saying "I am at the end of my road here, but I can continue on with the agenda here at Breitbart." Bannon can wage his dirty war on their GOP rivals without the scrutiny of being a government employee. Things will get worse.
The landscape will be shit as long as this guy is president. But it's less shit now, so I'm counting our blessings.

Maledict

He reminds of Kim Jong Un. Always posing in a way that's supposed to project confidence or determination - usually with a prop. Like oh he is signing something here - must be a big executive order! See he's doing things!

Obama had the WH photographer follow him around, and what we got were a bunch of candid photos. Even Dubyah (though his were often unintentionally hilarious). Then we get this tool.

He views everything in life as a tv show. Everything is about ratings and people paying him attention. You could honestly use that photo as a promo for Celebrity Apprentice: Old White Man edition.

I think the OT needs to be updated. The top Breitbart story right now has Bannon saying he's going to war FOR Trump, not WITH.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that his word makes it so.

We have just as many reports of Trump wanting Bannon the hell out of there, and we have Bannon making headlines stating there won't be any more real progress from the Trump presidency now that he's fully in the grips of the (((globalists))).

It isn't clear at this point whether Bannon's agenda is anything other than Bannon.

Amalthea

Banned
Trump looks somehow weirder than usual on that group shot. It's as if they dragged him out of bed where he was crying for hours, his hair looks even more like a toupet than usual and the way he sits there with all those guys standing in the background he seems like a little boy in front of them.

Such an odd photo.

Lowmelody

Bannon didn't get to be featured in the Summer Camp 2017 photo. You can just feel the fun and comradery here.

DHjpChTXUAE2J7W.jpg:large

Something about this picture is trippin me out. It's like the scale is off between 45 and everyone else, he somehow looks smaller and the lighting seems different on him than on those behind him.

StarVigil

Isn't it weird how there isn't a single picture of Trump tweeting? I imagine him being like a teenager 90% of the time, staring at his phone all day and shouting at everyone how they just don't Get it. The world is so unfair for him.
Also, notice how Trump is the only person sitting down with a prop in every picture.

Top Bottom