• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

Forsaken World is pretty damn fun. It's an MMO for n00bs, but pretty fun and doesn't look terrible. Steam won't track my playtime for some reason though :(.

Gvaz

Banned
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Damn. New Vegas crashes on start up. I expected bugs, of course, but I can't even get into the fucking game lawl.
If the game is crashing on startup it might be because of the load order.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Wow Fallout: New Vegas is awesome so far. I've only been playing it for a bit less than two hours but so far its everything I'd imagine a 3D Fallout to be.

Is Fallout 3 similar to this? I was turned off by it as it seemed to be Oblivion with guns.
Fallout 3 is mechanically similar to New Vegas, but New Vegas is such an improvement in every single way it renders fallout 3 obsolete.

Sober said:
If you try to wander about and explore, it doesn't seem as satisfying but most of the locations on the map have a purpose or quest associated with them that instead grants you a purpose to visit it. .

That's a good thing. Hub based questing > random quests

arotator

Neo Member
Is this the thread where I express my interest to trade my Left for Dead 2 and Shattered Horizons keys for something else?

Or is that this thread?

Or some other one?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I know it probably has been posted already somewhere in this thread but I am asking on the fly without the time to search: Is there a raw estimation when the summer sale might start?

Gvaz

Banned
Toma said:
I know it probably has been posted already somewhere in this thread but I am asking on the fly without the time to search: Is there a raw estimation when the summer sale might start?
No one knows. There's guesses based on previous sales, but Valve runs on "Valve Time" which is to say "whenever they damn well feel like it".

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Gvaz said:
No one knows. There's guesses based on previous sales, but Valve runs on "Valve Time" which is to say "whenever they damn well feel like it".

Whats the most common guess then? This month? Beginning/End July?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
mrgone said:
Are you running a Linksys router? There's some discussion in the forums here about a few of the newer versions of the WRT54G series not allowing connections to Spiral Knights :p
Mmm, maybe? I'll have to check tonight. It's, um, blue? That's all I got.

Hopefully it's fixed so I can give this a shot. That really sucks for the people wanting that Team Fortress hat, though, LOL.

Firehead

Princess Skittles said:
Mmm, maybe? I'll have to check tonight. It's, um, blue? That's all I got.

Hopefully it's fixed so I can give this a shot. That really sucks for the people wanting that Team Fortress hat, though, LOL.
Look at the bottom of the router for the model.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Firehead said:
Look at the bottom of the router for the model.
Will do, but it's at home and I'm not.

I'm thinking it is though, this is the same router that wouldn't work with the PS3 originally. Maybe it's time to change.

Toma

InertiaXr said:
I don't know of any reason to think it will be at a different time than last year, which was June 24th-July 4th.

Gvaz said:
I'm going to say Mid July.

Thanks, both of you. Thats all I wanted to know. :)

arotator

Neo Member
Toma said:

Around the 4th of July.

1-D_FTW

InertiaXr said:
I don't know of any reason to think it will be at a different time than last year, which was June 24th-July 4th.

Same here. Valve is a US company so it's not unreasonable to think July 4th will be towards the climax.

amrod

Steam has stopped selling a number of UK titles today: Brink, Hunted, Alice, Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2.

Guess it was more then Crysis 2...

amrod said:
Steam has stopped selling a number of UK titles today: Brink, Hunted, Alice, Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2.

Except BF3 nor Alice were ever on these stores to begin with. D2D speaking out of its ass.

Coldsnap

I don't get the steam hat thing, and I mostly don't understand why people get excited about them. I guess I now know how people who are not into achievements feel about xbox live. Don't get me wrong though I think It's rad people are into something like that.

NeoandGeo

Banned
Dammit. Why can't all the games be 75% off individually. I already own FEAR 2, so I would essentially be paying $10 for FEAR with expansions. :|

Nabs

Nice to see Ultra out so soon.

amrod said:

No, those games were removed a long time ago. THQ does the same thing (Homefront / Red Faction).

garath

Brink and Hunted are still in the US steam store.

I'd like Crysis 2 back just for a deal. I don't want to pay full price for it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I was looking at the bullet points for Two Worlds II Castle Defense, seeing if there were any redeeming qualities about it.

One of the bullet points was :

*Individual graphics and sound settings

There are two indie packs for $10 each:

Indie Action Pack: Includes 5 items: AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity , Gridrunner Revolution, Metal Drift, Starscape, Zombie Driver

Indie Variety Pack: Includes 5 items: A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda, Atom Zombie Smasher, Capsized, Machinarium, Swords and Soldiers HD

RoaringHawk said:
There are two indie packs for $10 each:

Indie Action Pack: Includes 5 items: AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity , Gridrunner Revolution, Metal Drift, Starscape, Zombie Driver

Indie Variety Pack: Includes 5 items: A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda, Atom Zombie Smasher, Capsized, Machinarium, Swords and Soldiers HD
Wow! Perfect timing for the Variety pack! I want all of those. These deals are fucking killing me! I love it. I really hope Summer Sale starts after payday for me.

Mrbob

Indie Variety Pack is HOT. I own Machinarium and Swords and Soldiers but want the other three games in that pack. Grabbing it!

Tarin02543

Alliance of Valiant Arms is really good, it's like a combination of CoD and MGO. One thing that's really great about these F2P games is the high framerate!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Play Forsaken Worlds and get a free mini pet.

NM, it's an ugly turtle >_>

How are the other free games too? Other than Spiral Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom