• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Proteus
BOSS
(07-17-2017, 02:54 PM)
Proteus's Avatar

Originally Posted by added_time

Am I too late?

1. ARMS
2. Fire Pro Wrestling World

You're too late.
DassoBrother
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 03:22 PM)
DassoBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by leeman

The newly announced Nicalis / NISA Switch games just went up for pre-order @ Amazon for anyone interested :). The End is Nigh, Ittle Dew 2, Tiny Barbarian DX, Blade Strangers, The Longest Five Minutes, and Penny-Punching Princess.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...5%7CB073L7DL2J

I might have to pre-order Ittle Dew 2 and The End is Nigh while I have my Prime 30-day trial. Hopefully the 20% discount doesn't disappear.

Don't really know anything about any of the NIS releases. The Longest Five Minutes reminds me of 30 Second Hero which I never really got into.

EDIT: Just noticed these games don't have the 20% Prime Savings discount. I thought that applied to all pre-orders and games out less than 2 weeks. :/
Last edited by DassoBrother; 07-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.
killroy87
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:37 PM)
killroy87's Avatar

Originally Posted by DassoBrother

I might have to pre-order Ittle Dew 2 and The End is Nigh while I have my Prime 30-day trial. Hopefully the 20% discount doesn't disappear.

Don't really know anything about any of the NIS releases. The Longest Five Minutes reminds me of 30 Second Hero which I never really got into.

EDIT: Just noticed these games don't have the 20% Prime Savings discount. I thought that applied to all pre-orders and games out less than 2 weeks. :/

They're sometimes pretty slow with adding the discount. A few games lately just haven't been getting it at all, it's super annoying.

Paying $40 for The End is Nigh, physical or not, is insane though. That game is $16 on Steam right now.
Last edited by killroy87; 07-17-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Samemind
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:45 PM)
Samemind's Avatar

Originally Posted by leeman

The newly announced Nicalis / NISA Switch games just went up for pre-order @ Amazon for anyone interested :). The End is Nigh, Ittle Dew 2, Tiny Barbarian DX, Blade Strangers, The Longest Five Minutes, and Penny-Punching Princess.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...5%7CB073L7DL2J

Demon Gaze II also just went up for the Vita / PS4

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...Q%7CB073LJPG3N

Was Blade Strangers always out of stock? Like damn, it hasn't even been a day.
added_time
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:12 PM)
added_time's Avatar

Originally Posted by Proteus

You're too late.

I appreciate your candor!
leeman
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:13 PM)
leeman's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Jest

Blade Strangers is temporarily out of stock but can still be ordered. The thirst is real.

Originally Posted by Samemind

Was Blade Strangers always out of stock? Like damn, it hasn't even been a day.

I think that they put the wrong release date on it (March 21, 2017) and so their system thinks it's out of stock, but really it doesn't come out for a while and it should say pre-order. Pretty sure Amazon's system is confused by an incorrect release date :P
etta
my hard graphic balls
(07-17-2017, 06:08 PM)
etta's Avatar
Man, this is such a pickle of a situation to be in... I want to upgrade my PC but Kaby Lake X is so half-assed. The GTX 1080 Ti is nice but the 20XX series is around the corner. I can get a cheap 1060 and upgrade again when the 2070 releases, but it would be more of a side grade over my current 680.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:25 PM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar
Are there any negatives of the Sony X800E compared to the X800D?

All the new Sony TV's seem to be on sale for the next few days.
Xbudz
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:28 PM)
Xbudz's Avatar
Is it even possible to change my address with a Walmart Canada order?
I can't figure out how to talk to somebody at the 1800 number.
Fix-It Felix, Jr.
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:34 PM)
Fix-It Felix, Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Xbudz

Is it even possible to change my address with a Walmart Canada order?
I can't figure out how to talk to somebody at the 1800 number.

Yeah, I had the same problem the other day. All the options just give automated responses.. it's very confusing.

Walmart online is a pain.
BulletSmoke
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:39 PM)
BulletSmoke's Avatar

Originally Posted by FN-2187

Amazon.com has 12-months of Gold for $25. Anyone know if that would work in Canada?

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Mon...AX3NRETKE88AXN

oos, could have used this dang
Fix-It Felix, Jr.
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:42 PM)
Fix-It Felix, Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by BulletSmoke

oos, could have used this dang

A lot of them got stuck in processing limbo and then got cancelled - including mine. :(
TheGamingBox
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:58 PM)
TheGamingBox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xbudz

Is it even possible to change my address with a Walmart Canada order?
I can't figure out how to talk to somebody at the 1800 number.

press 6 on online shopping

you can try messaging walmart on facebook, much better support than calling
smashdude50
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
smashdude50's Avatar

Originally Posted by firehawk12

You should ask if you can get the amp separately. lol

I totally should, maybe I can get it for free.
mullet2000
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
mullet2000's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrangeAtlas

Are there any negatives of the Sony X800E compared to the X800D?

All the new Sony TV's seem to be on sale for the next few days.

rtings.com has reviews of both.

Seems like the E has a worse screen (IPS instead of TN)
Corey31
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 07:20 PM)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...s00-20&ie=UTF8

Is this listing for the TCL P-series TV new or has anyone noticed it before? Was wondering if maybe there were plans to offer it in Canada sooner rather than later.

The listing looks complete as if Amazon filled it out themselves. The Hulu mention in the info does seem a bit suspect though.
kevin1025
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:36 PM)
kevin1025's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corey31

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...s00-20&ie=UTF8

Is this listing for the TCL P-series TV new or has anyone noticed it before? Was wondering if maybe there were plans to offer it in Canada sooner rather than later.

The listing looks complete as if Amazon filled it out themselves. The Hulu mention in the info does seem a bit suspect though.

That looks to be the listing. It's been up for a little while now and hasn't been in stock yet. Best to add it to the wishlist and hope for the best!

For the Hulu listing, it's likely they just pasted over the US content page.
leeman
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:40 PM)
leeman's Avatar
Grey Switch in stock @ EBGames

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/...-gray-joy-con/
ReddishGUI
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:48 PM)
ReddishGUI's Avatar

Originally Posted by leeman

Grey Switch in stock @ EBGames

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/...-gray-joy-con/

OOS
BigJonsson
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:50 PM)
BigJonsson's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReddishGUI

OOS

No, I just added one
ReddishGUI
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:53 PM)
ReddishGUI's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

No, I just added one

Must have been my cache then.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:03 PM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar

Originally Posted by mullet2000

rtings.com has reviews of both.

Seems like the E has a worse screen (IPS instead of TN)

Damn that's a shame, the 800D is a pain to find and I'd assumed the updated model would be better.
Returners
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:22 PM)
Returners's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrangeAtlas

Damn that's a shame, the 800D is a pain to find and I'd assumed the updated model would be better.

Yeah it's all discontinued at this point. Where would be the best place to get one?
OrangeAtlas
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:33 PM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Returners

Yeah it's all discontinued at this point. Where would be the best place to get one?

This website Cantex.ca seems to have available, but only the 49" which, once again, apparently has a worse screen.

There's also a refurbished one on eBay which seems way too good to be true though.
10k
I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter.
(07-17-2017, 08:48 PM)
10k's Avatar

Originally Posted by mullet2000

rtings.com has reviews of both.

Seems like the E has a worse screen (IPS instead of TN)

Ummm... IPS is superior to TN. Better viewing angles and colors. Unless you meant the E models are TN?
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(07-17-2017, 08:48 PM)
Bronetta's Avatar
Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon steelbook is $100 at Amazon for you Prime lovers

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B073SM...f_rd_i=3198031
papersleeves
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:50 PM)
papersleeves's Avatar

Originally Posted by 10k

Ummm... IPS is superior to TN. Better viewing angles and colors. Unless you meant the E models are TN?

Better viewing angle and color, but worse contrast ratio and backlight bleeding. It depends on what you seek.
mullet2000
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:54 PM)
mullet2000's Avatar

Originally Posted by 10k

Ummm... IPS is superior to TN. Better viewing angles and colors. Unless you meant the E models are TN?

For televisions IPS is generally considered worse due to them having a far inferior contrast ratio (leading to worse blacks). For HDR, specifically, you really need a good contrast ratio.

For computer monitors I like IPS, though.
10k
I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter.
(07-17-2017, 08:54 PM)
10k's Avatar

Originally Posted by papersleeves

Better viewing angle and color, but worse contrast ratio and backlight bleeding. It depends on what you seek.

Ah. Well my IPS monitor has never had bleeding and I love it.

I've been on price watch for the 49" X800d for awhile now. Not sure it'll ever go lower than $899. Damn.
Blam
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:59 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

Man, this is such a pickle of a situation to be in... I want to upgrade my PC but Kaby Lake X is so half-assed. The GTX 1080 Ti is nice but the 20XX series is around the corner. I can get a cheap 1060 and upgrade again when the 2070 releases, but it would be more of a side grade over my current 680.

Don't get the 3GB 1060, not worth it. Plus if you're looking to save even more go for the 1060 6GB SC OC ACX2.0
Returners
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:05 PM)
Returners's Avatar
Hmmm, I guess I'm ok with the X800E. Seems like E is better for other content vs the D (from rtings). I could use a jack of all trades instead of just gaming.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:10 PM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Returners

Hmmm, I guess I'm ok with the X800E. Seems like E is better for other content vs the D (from rtings). I could use a jack of all trades instead of just gaming.

I use my TV pretty evenly between between movies and gaming.

So aside from the minor screen differences, the consensus is that he 43" X800E is a solid TV? I've been trying to upgrade from my old 720p for year now, and $900 for this seems fair enough.
mullet2000
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:26 PM)
mullet2000's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrangeAtlas

I use my TV pretty evenly between between movies and gaming.

So aside from the minor screen differences, the consensus is that he 43" X800E is a solid TV? I've been trying to upgrade from my old 720p for year now, and $900 for this seems fair enough.

It's still solid. If you are upgrading from 720p your mind will be blown.
Last edited by mullet2000; 07-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Magnus
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:29 PM)
Magnus's Avatar
Still can't believe I got FFXII TZA for $16. Amazon made error after error in my favour to get it down that low. Not complaining.
Cmerrill
You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
(07-17-2017, 10:57 PM)
Cmerrill's Avatar
Anybody else watch Fifth Element 4k Bluray? I'm not impressed by the image..
Reich
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:57 PM)
XCOM2

Amazon 25$.

Hell yeah.
killroy87
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:11 PM)
killroy87's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cmerrill

Anybody else watch Fifth Element 4k Bluray? I'm not impressed by the image..

Nope, not yet. I tend to hit up High Def Digest for a review before I pick up a 4K disc, since they seem to vary pretty wildly in quality, and there are times when it isn't worth the $10 premium over a bluray. They don't seem to have a review up for that guy yet though.
DassoBrother
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 11:12 PM)
DassoBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by killroy87

Paying $40 for The End is Nigh, physical or not, is insane though. That game is $16 on Steam right now.

It's a bit much and I might cancel still. Figured I'd preorder now and see if there is something extra included in this version and whether the prime discount will show up.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:16 PM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar

Originally Posted by mullet2000

It's still solid. If you are upgrading from 720p your mind will be blown.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Before I pull the trigger, I found another listing for the X800D that I'm curious about (hidden in e-mail tags).



Should I chance it?
kevin1025
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:21 PM)
kevin1025's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

Man, this is such a pickle of a situation to be in... I want to upgrade my PC but Kaby Lake X is so half-assed. The GTX 1080 Ti is nice but the 20XX series is around the corner. I can get a cheap 1060 and upgrade again when the 2070 releases, but it would be more of a side grade over my current 680.

Originally Posted by Blam

Don't get the 3GB 1060, not worth it. Plus if you're looking to save even more go for the 1060 6GB SC OC ACX2.0

I have the Gigabyte Windforce 6GB GTX 1060, and it is a damn good time! The 3GB doesn't seem to be worth the investment, though, try and find a decent 6GB if you can!
etta
my hard graphic balls
(07-17-2017, 11:43 PM)
etta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blam

Don't get the 3GB 1060, not worth it. Plus if you're looking to save even more go for the 1060 6GB SC OC ACX2.0

Originally Posted by kevin1025

I have the Gigabyte Windforce 6GB GTX 1060, and it is a damn good time! The 3GB doesn't seem to be worth the investment, though, try and find a decent 6GB if you can!

Yea of course, even 6GB is a bit on the low side, but if I get a 1060 itd be temporary until the 2070 comes out anyway.
Or I can just get a 1080Ti, since the 2070 will probably be $700 anyway.
Blam
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:46 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

Yea of course, even 6GB is a bit on the low side, but if I get a 1060 itd be temporary until the 2070 comes out anyway.
Or I can just get a 1080Ti, since the 2070 will probably be $700 anyway.

I mean it's been running anything I've thrown at it pretty damn good so far, other than PUBG but I'm gonna chalk that up to the game not being that well optimized.

But everything else runs damn well even VR is smooth af on it.
Stoffinator
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:51 PM)
Stoffinator's Avatar
I just got a deal (?) at Ebgames for trading in an old Xbox One for a new S model. Also got a second controller and 4k Bluray movie for $99. It ends the 20th.

Forgot: The system is also a bundle. You can get BF1, Forza Horizon 3 or Minecraft. I got the 500gig model but you can also get 1tb models for more money.
Last edited by Stoffinator; 07-17-2017 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Forgot game.
Blam
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:53 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stoffinator

I just got a deal (?) at Ebgames for trading in an old Xbox One for a new S model. Also got a second controller and 4k Bluray movie for $99. It ends the 20th.

Oh shit this is a fucking good deal. I did this with my friends Launch PS4 which had the stupid fan problem also got a slim for 99.

Does it have a free game or is it a movie?
Stoffinator
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:55 PM)
Stoffinator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blam

Oh shit this is a fucking good deal. I did this with my friends Launch PS4 which had the stupid fan problem also got a slim for 99.

Does it have a free game or is it a movie?

Yeah I forgot the game. It comes with either BF1, Minecraft or Forza Horizon 3. And its a physical copy in with the system too.
chrominance
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:58 PM)
chrominance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon steelbook is $100 at Amazon for you Prime lovers

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B073SM...f_rd_i=3198031

I guess that's an okay price for what's basically a steelbook and two gaOH MY GOD WHY IS EACH POKEMON GAME SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS
Blam
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:58 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stoffinator

Yeah I forgot the game. It comes with either BF1, Minecraft or Forza Horizon 3. And its a physical copy in with the system too.

Ahh yeah I'm gonna have to trade in my Xbox One as well then time to retire this for the Xbox One S.
Iamcorrupt
Member
(07-18-2017, 12:20 AM)
Iamcorrupt's Avatar
Does anyone have more concrete info on that eb upgrade deal I told my friend about it but I can't seem to find anything on their site.
Ryne
Member
(07-18-2017, 12:28 AM)
Ryne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iamcorrupt

Does anyone have more concrete info on that eb upgrade deal I told my friend about it but I can't seem to find anything on their site.

It came in an email.

Basically trade your PS4 for a slim, or an Xbox for the Xbox S or whatever it is called, for a $99 upgrade fee. The Xbox trade in stacks with another promotion, where you get the latest fast and furious movie and an extra controller with a system bundle (forza console bundle, or something else), which makes it great.

I traded in my PS4 for a slim. You also should get the 1TB system even if you traded in a 500 GB system, but YMMV. People have also been able to trade in their old PS4 and get the pro for 230~, but YMMV



Here are the XB bundles: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/...romotions=true. As I said, you also get a controller and the Fast and Furious movie on blu-ray if you trade in a Xbox
Last edited by Ryne; 07-18-2017 at 12:38 AM.
big fake
Member
(07-18-2017, 12:31 AM)
big fake's Avatar
Just got the Acer GN276HL 144Hz monitor off of Kijiji but saw the 24 inch counter part that is on sale on amazon for 250.

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Widescree.../dp/B00KO4518I

Looks like a good deal for me.

Thread Tools