• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

DeathoftheEndless
Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
(06-08-2017, 04:00 PM)
Thicc
shandy706
(06-08-2017, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Riptwo

It's kind of both. You usually have an objective that you need to protect, so you build a Minecraft-style fortress with your friends and then defend it from waves of zombies.

Originally Posted by shiftplusone

both?

Level based zombie waves but you do build defenses and there is some permanence to your actions as well.

Slightly interested due to the building part.

Can I play it alone?
Grisby
(06-08-2017, 04:02 PM)
The bombcast told me this game was myth.
MarquesZero
(06-08-2017, 04:05 PM)
New gameplay, i think. It was uploaded today at least.

VentureBeat - 20 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAqRRpnfC7Y
Venture Beat - 1 hour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2FnQP01j4
PC Gamer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Tt1Ixk8To

Last edited by MarquesZero; 06-08-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Kssio_Aug
(06-08-2017, 04:07 PM)
Just saw the trailer on youtube and I thought it had some relation with PopCap games. It looks a lot like PvZ GW. It looks great though! (not so much, but still looks fun to play with friends)
Last edited by Kssio_Aug; 06-08-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Rolodzeo
(06-08-2017, 04:09 PM)
Looks like Minecraft + Orcs must die!
Azzawon
(06-08-2017, 04:10 PM)
Legit thought this game was dead. I'm not sure there's even a space in the market for this game any more, but here's hoping the early access performs well. Not keen on that pricing tho...
Rumblebones
(06-08-2017, 04:12 PM)
Do they have people that worked on Sunset Overdrive working on this? Very similar designs going on.
J-Skee
(06-08-2017, 04:14 PM)
Okay, I'm in. This looks very fun.
Turkoop
(06-08-2017, 04:15 PM)
looks great!
Dream_Journey
(06-08-2017, 04:17 PM)
Wow looks really fun, didn't heard about this game.
Quonny
(06-08-2017, 04:17 PM)
This looks so good.

Too bad it's Early Access. Hate that model.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(06-08-2017, 04:18 PM)
I've been playing the game for the past week and it's good fucking stuff. Everything feels smooth, and it's easy to switch between combat and building during the action.

This could be big.
DevilTakoyaki
(06-08-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by MarquesZero

New gameplay, i think. It was uploaded today at least.

VentureBeat - 20 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAqRRpnfC7Y
Venture Beat - 1 hour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2FnQP01j4
PC Gamer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Tt1Ixk8To

Holy shit man. I want to play this game RIGHT NOW! #crying
nicholasbrutal
Epic Games PR Manager
(06-08-2017, 04:19 PM)
LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE. LET'S GO.

MadmanUK
(06-08-2017, 04:20 PM)
Loving the thick lady 😘
I was a huge fan of OMD so I'm pretty intrigued. So glad it's finally coming out.
Jawmuncher
(06-08-2017, 04:21 PM)
Doesn't look bad. I have no friends though.
Hierophant
(06-08-2017, 04:27 PM)
thought character customization woulda been the thing for this game

not that i mind, i always end up playing as a black samurai dude in every game i play anyway
nicholasbrutal
Epic Games PR Manager
(06-08-2017, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Doesn't look bad. I have no friends though.

There are public parties in the game, so you'll be paired up with other folks organically (if you'd like). Or you can play alone. But you can make friends in Fortnite. :) It actually pays to be nice to other people when playing. :D
TheThreadsThatBindUs
(06-08-2017, 04:28 PM)
The trailer looks really really good to me. And I was so uninterested after the original reveal, way back.

I'm cautious though now after those Eurogamer impressions. Will wait on reviews for this.
icecold1983
(06-08-2017, 04:31 PM)
Epic just makes "me too" games now
wildfire
Banned
(06-08-2017, 04:35 PM)
There is even a MAC version? This will come out for the Switch later on.
Wozman23
(06-08-2017, 04:38 PM)
Shades of Sunset Overdrive for me. Definitely thought it was vaporware as well.

I'm not much for online multiplayer games, or a fan of any of the games or genres it's borrowing concepts from like Minecraft and survival games, but this one interests me. It could pull me in providing it doesn't go overboard with the microtransactions - which sadly based on the edition details seems to be the case.

If it has a single player component, I'll definitely check it out.
Last edited by Wozman23; 06-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.
schwabdizzle
(06-08-2017, 04:39 PM)
Damn. I really wasn't convinced on this game in the past, but holy shit, I am now.
mao2
(06-08-2017, 04:39 PM)
Whoa this looks super fun! Really like the art style.
Bringer Of Bacon
(06-08-2017, 04:45 PM)
Looks like it is going after the Minecraft kiddie crowd. I'll pass

I bet it also has fidget spinners
ashecitism
(06-08-2017, 04:47 PM)
Interview: How Epic Games brought Fortnite home from the wilderness

GamesBeat: Would you say that it’s like modernizing Epic?

Mustard: It is. Luckily, Tim is very smart. He’s very forward looking. That’s one of the reasons why we were so excited to partner with Tencent. As we looked at the market five years ago, the traditional boxed game model wasn’t going to hold. And who’s to say that even the current model we’re shifting to is going to hold, but it’s certainly the model we’re seeing currently.

GamesBeat: EA’s earnings were all about their live services.

Mustard: Right. Five years ago we were a company with under 100 employees that made one game at a time and happened to have an engine we licensed out. Now we’re more than 500 people and we have all these games, all this enterprise work. We’re much better positioned for the future. It’s taken us five years to change, to make that transformation. Not just to turn the ship, but to transform us.

Fortnite has been the tip of the spear the entire time. When we started prototyping it, it was on Unreal Engine 3. As we realized our ambitions for the game, and our hopes for the game, we knew we didn’t have the technology to make that yet. We needed to make a new engine not just to service the future, but that could showcase what we wanted to do with this game – to make these dynamic worlds, fully destructible, randomly generated. These were massive things that we needed new technology to do. Fortnite paved the way for that, and for our live operations back end.

Paragon is currently out in open beta, but we’ve been operating Fortnite in a closed alpha using our back end for about 22 months. That’s been operating continuously the whole time with real players, stress testing that back end. We had to stand that up to even work on Fortnite. We had to build a publishing wing and marketing department. Everything we had to do to transform Epic into a publisher. Our ambition is to be independent, and to be able to do that on our own without having to rely on an external partner.

GamesBeat: The game looks very different from it did at first. The art is more realistic than the last time we saw it.

Phelps: Our goal has always been to create a game that was accessible and stylized. What if Pixar did the Walking Dead? One of the things we looked in the revision was the characters. We took a long look at them and really wanted to get the heroism that we were hoping for in the game, to be able to pull that together. That’s where we re-envisioned all the core characters, establishing the heroes and putting together some solutions to be able to create hundreds of heroes. The game we have today now has 100-plus heroes, and that’ll continue to grow after we launch. We’re excited about that. We think that heroism—it just fulfills the core of what Fortnite is.

ScaryShark
(06-08-2017, 04:51 PM)
Why did I think this entire time it was XB1/PC exclusive?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(06-08-2017, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by ScaryShark

Why did I think this entire time it was XB1/PC exclusive?

It was only officially announced for PC (and Mac) until today.
Vamphuntr
(06-08-2017, 04:54 PM)
Seems expensive from their website. I thought it was free to play but it ranges from 40-200$ US for rare loot and heroes unlock. That seems the norm these days for that kind of game though.
vivekTO
(06-08-2017, 04:55 PM)
Looks good , will give it a try.
wwm0nkey
(06-08-2017, 04:56 PM)
Apparently I get $20 off since I was in the beta. I liked it enough so I might get a founders pack, but isn't this supposed to be free too?
ScaryShark
(06-08-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

It was only officially announced for PC (and Mac) until today.

Oh, alright. Thanks.
ashecitism
(06-08-2017, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Apparently I get $20 off since I was in the beta. I liked it enough so I might get a founders pack, but isn't this supposed to be free too?

This is paid early access. Paragon started like this too, then went into open beta.
ACE 1991
(06-08-2017, 05:01 PM)
Wow, this looks like it could be really fun. Also, numbers pop off enemies real good.
RocknRola
(06-08-2017, 05:02 PM)
That...actually looked damn great! Want! Guess all the time they took with it was worth it :) Trailer looked crazy fun!
Lettuce
(06-08-2017, 05:02 PM)
Looks nuts!!

So its a cross between, Minecraft, Orcs Must Die, Sunset Overdrive and Black Ops Zombie mode?
Granjinha
(06-08-2017, 05:04 PM)
That looks pretty damn cool.
DrZeus
(06-08-2017, 05:14 PM)
Looks fuckin lit! In day very soon after launch!
Gowans
(06-08-2017, 05:16 PM)
Think I've found a couple of mates to go in with my on the bad boy edition WHOOP!
IcyRhythms
Banned
(06-08-2017, 05:40 PM)
Is it in Early Access RIGHT NOW, or does that start in late July? Confused
ashecitism
(06-08-2017, 05:42 PM)

Originally Posted by IcyRhythms

Is it in Early Access RIGHT NOW, or does that start in late July? Confused

Starts July 25. But preorders get to start 4 days earlier.
Gbraga
(06-08-2017, 05:46 PM)
The trailer was amazing, this game has a lot of potential.

Too many things to play to get into Early Access, though, so I'll pass until the final version comes out. Hopefully there will still be people interested in playing when that time comes.
RedEther
(06-08-2017, 05:53 PM)
This looks pretty damn good
CambriaRising
(06-08-2017, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by MHWilliams

It's a hard game to classify.

Maybe the game can just be it's own thing and it's inappropriate to try to compare it to other games?
darkinstinct
Banned
(06-08-2017, 05:58 PM)
This game will bomb so hard. They should've just cancelled it years ago. The premise of this game has already been done in Sunset Overdrive, just with less micromanagement. Which is a good thing.
Sarobi
(06-08-2017, 06:02 PM)
Waited forever for this damn game. Might drop cash on it.
mnannola
(06-08-2017, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by CambriaRising

Maybe the game can just be it's own thing and it's inappropriate to try to compare it to other games?

So you are saying Minecraft plus DayZ?
KarmaCow
(06-08-2017, 06:07 PM)

Originally Posted by ashecitism

Pre-order packs: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/pre-order

$40 for basic entry to an early access soon to be F2P game is ridiculous enough but the $150 pack is some nonsense for a preorder. It's a four player game but they only offer two extra copies for friends?
george_us
(06-08-2017, 06:09 PM)
Art style looks fantastic but that gameplay does nothing for me. I'll check out the early access/beta if it'll be available on PS4 tho.