• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

taco543
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:19 PM)
taco543's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicholasbrutal

There is an Ultimate Edition. We will be releasing more information on it as we approach Early Access. You can upgrade your packs in-game as soon as Early Access begins. Purchasing any pack doesn't disqualify you from upgrading to another pack after launch.

As for the footage, there's a fairly involved process (for better or for worse) for capturing footage that we can easily release. That said, we had the game running on X1 and PS4 Pro in our meeting space at E3 and, while you don't have to take my word for it, they both look great.

Thanks for the clarification, bought the limited but will upgrade to the ultimate to get more friends in it

EDIT: top of the page

diablos991
Banned
(07-07-2017, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by nicholasbrutal

Date clarifications, since I saw two people mention it:

- Official paid early access launch on PS4, X1, PC, and Mac starts on July 25!
- You can play in the "head start" starting on July 21 if you pre-order the game before July 21!
- Free to play in 2018

Hope that helps. Can't wait to play with everyone. :)

Does head start apply to consoles as well?

EDIT: Looks like it does. Also if I buy it on PS4 I get it on PC for free and progress syncs between the two. Now I have to pull the trigger.
xviper
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:30 PM)
xviper's Avatar
the worst thing happened to the gaming industry is not Microtransactions, it's Early access, Thanks STEAM
KodaRuss
Member
(07-07-2017, 11:56 PM)
KodaRuss's Avatar
I think I am getting this game but I dont really understand all the versions at least on PS4.

It looks like the physical version is $60 and it doesnt include anything that the digital $60 version includes.

I can buy the physical version from Best Buy for $47 but I guess it isnt worth it?
NullMoon
Junior Member
(07-08-2017, 12:04 AM)
NullMoon's Avatar
I was looking into this game and one thing I can't find the clear answer is what exactly does the 39.99 digital standard edition include besides some loot boxes, and what not. Am I paying for just early access? Does it come with a set amount of heroes available, and if so does the Standard Edition have access to them or am I locked out a majority of content if I don't get the 59.99 dollar version or the other variations. Any help in the aspect would be greatly appreciated.
J3ffro
Member
(07-08-2017, 05:08 AM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by NullMoon

I was looking into this game and one thing I can't find the clear answer is what exactly does the 39.99 digital standard edition include besides some loot boxes, and what not. Am I paying for just early access? Does it come with a set amount of heroes available, and if so does the Standard Edition have access to them or am I locked out a majority of content if I don't get the 59.99 dollar version or the other variations. Any help in the aspect would be greatly appreciated.

My understanding is that there is very little you can actually be locked out of. There's a founder's pistol that comes with most versions that is truly exclusive, and a few of the upper tier versions come with exclusive heroes or weapons, and my understanding is that there is no way to unlock those via game play. The big question, and we won't know until the NDA comes up, is how fast you can unlock some of the stuff you get in the different packages. No clue how long it would take to unlock 200 vault spots, rare weapons, or the 8 rare starter heroes. Are you saving four hours by buying one of the upgrades, or forty? No clue.
NullMoon
Junior Member
(07-08-2017, 04:09 PM)
NullMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by J3ffro

My understanding is that there is very little you can actually be locked out of. There's a founder's pistol that comes with most versions that is truly exclusive, and a few of the upper tier versions come with exclusive heroes or weapons, and my understanding is that there is no way to unlock those via game play. The big question, and we won't know until the NDA comes up, is how fast you can unlock some of the stuff you get in the different packages. No clue how long it would take to unlock 200 vault spots, rare weapons, or the 8 rare starter heroes. Are you saving four hours by buying one of the upgrades, or forty? No clue.

Thank you for the info. I guess I'll just wait closer to release before deciding whether or not I want to pre-order as there seem to still some lingering questions in the air. The game looks solid as hell but I'm still apprehensive about it which is a shame.
Gowans
(07-08-2017, 04:14 PM)
Gowans's Avatar
Can't wait for this, bought the legendary pack for Xbox.

So happy epic and doing bundles of games so I can gift to mates.

All down on Horde, base, defend coop games and love platform evolving service games too.
J3ffro
Member
(07-08-2017, 05:50 PM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by NullMoon

Thank you for the info. I guess I'll just wait closer to release before deciding whether or not I want to pre-order as there seem to still some lingering questions in the air. The game looks solid as hell but I'm still apprehensive about it which is a shame.

It sounds like you should get more info on 7/20, if not 7/21, so that should help you make the call. It's hard to judge too much right now since most things that are currently in game are covered by NDAs. I'm already sure I'm doing one of the pre-order packages, just a matter of if I have two different friends that are stoked enough for me to rationalize spending the extra money to give them both a copy.

I have to say the lack of enthusiasm on this forum is kind of scaring me. But, I've seen other games launch with a whimper, actually good, and within days the community rallies behind it. That's what I'm hoping for here.
Visualante2
Member
(07-08-2017, 05:54 PM)
Edge preview of this game was scathing. Called it obnoxious in places, arguing that all the XP, crates, loot and menus betrays the sense of adventure and wonder the developers claim they want to instill. When you take Tencent money I guess you have to make decisions like this.

I'm so out.
MrGerbils
Member
(07-08-2017, 05:55 PM)
MrGerbils's Avatar
I played in the beta maybe a year ago? It was pretty but also boring. Not sure what it was about it. It had all the right pieces it just didn't come together well. Like they threw all the pieces in to a bucket and expected the fun to just come out on its own.

It has traps like orcs must die, but not the well crafted level design.

Has mining/building like minecraft but not the persistent servers and there didn't seem much point to many of the structures you could build.

It had solid shooting controls but mindless AI and bland randomly constructed level design that just felt too open.
Visualante2
Member
(07-08-2017, 05:57 PM)

Originally Posted by MrGerbils

Has mining/building like minecraft but not the persistent servers and there didn't seem much point to many of the structures you could build.

They talk about having a permanent home structure that you can invest in making nice but I'm not sure if it's a PVE space. And you appear to be able to invite guests in and allow them to edit if you choose. No idea if there are limits on this space but yeah the other areas are free for all.
J3ffro
Member
(07-08-2017, 06:09 PM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGerbils


It has traps like orcs must die, but not the well crafted level design.

Has mining/building like minecraft but not the persistent servers and there didn't seem much point to many of the structures you could build.

It had solid shooting controls but mindless AI and bland randomly constructed level design that just felt too open.

Sounds like the first generation of Hyundai Genesis. It was relatively lightweight, 300 hp, rear wheel drive, upgraded suspension, etc. It checked every box you could want, but when it came time to drive it, the car didn't evoke anything. Most of the reviews said it was fine, but that it was clearly designed to make people like it, not designed to be good. That there were certain marks they tried to hit, for the sake of hitting them, rather than making the car better.

Here's hoping Fortnite fares better. There's a big stream later today that Rooster Teeth is doing, I'm going to try to watch some. https://www.twitch.tv/roosterteeth
MrGerbils
Member
(07-08-2017, 06:16 PM)
MrGerbils's Avatar

Originally Posted by Visualante2

They talk about having a permanent home structure that you can invest in making nice but I'm not sure if it's a PVE space. And you appear to be able to invite guests in and allow them to edit if you choose. No idea if there are limits on this space but yeah the other areas are free for all.

At the time I was playing in the beta, I think it was kind of level based. So you build a big structure and beat all the waves and then it's over and you move on to the next level and that structure is gone. It wasn't persistent and infinite like a minecraft server.

Things could definitely have changed since then of course.
J3ffro
Member
(07-08-2017, 06:45 PM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGerbils

At the time I was playing in the beta, I think it was kind of level based. So you build a big structure and beat all the waves and then it's over and you move on to the next level and that structure is gone. It wasn't persistent and infinite like a minecraft server.

Things could definitely have changed since then of course.

If only there wasn't an NDA in place that kept people who were in the know from giving accurate information. They really should have dropped that once the release date had been announced. It's like they are working against themselves.

FWIW, I hadn't heard anything about a persistent structure of any kind. But that sounds awesome if true.
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-08-2017, 06:56 PM)
To think there's an upgrade from the limited edition to the "ultimate edition" is mind boggling.

120 for the limited edition and the rumours are that the ultimate is double the price.

Gaming has gone mad.
Nameless
(07-08-2017, 07:50 PM)
Nameless's Avatar
Wrong thread
Bossman
Member
(07-08-2017, 10:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Visualante2

They talk about having a permanent home structure that you can invest in making nice but I'm not sure if it's a PVE space. And you appear to be able to invite guests in and allow them to edit if you choose. No idea if there are limits on this space but yeah the other areas are free for all.

There are various articles that say you and your friends can defend your persistent homebase against waves of enemies, so in these missions everything you build will be saved.
Foxxsoxx
Member
(07-08-2017, 10:19 PM)
Foxxsoxx's Avatar
Is this 60fps on console or no? Kind of a dealbreaker if not.
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-08-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Foxxsoxx

Is this 60fps on console or no? Kind of a dealbreaker if not.

I saw a Reddit post about PS4 pro and Xbox one x being 4k/30fps so I guess not.

Shame really as Paragon is 1080p/60fps.
pupo
Member
(07-08-2017, 11:31 PM)
pupo's Avatar
How is the coop mode? can you play the campaign from the beginning with friends or its an extra mode?
Dragonfly224
Member
(07-09-2017, 12:32 AM)
Dragonfly224's Avatar

Originally Posted by diablos991

Does head start apply to consoles as well?

EDIT: Looks like it does. Also if I buy it on PS4 I get it on PC for free and progress syncs between the two. Now I have to pull the trigger.

Had no idea about this. Going to look into the game a bit more now. I did like the trailer, seems cool.
GearFourth
Banned
(07-09-2017, 12:43 AM)
2018 for f2p version? Fuuuuuck was looking forward to this :/
LycanXIII
Member
(07-09-2017, 12:49 AM)
LycanXIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by diablos991

Does head start apply to consoles as well?

EDIT: Looks like it does. Also if I buy it on PS4 I get it on PC for free and progress syncs between the two. Now I have to pull the trigger.

Ummm, no? You can have cross save progression, but absolutely nothing about getting it free on PC.
BN.Q8
Member
(07-09-2017, 05:08 AM)
BN.Q8's Avatar
This game looks ridiculously awesome, how did i not hear about it before!
J3ffro
Member
(07-09-2017, 06:05 PM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by diablos991

Does head start apply to consoles as well?

EDIT: Looks like it does. Also if I buy it on PS4 I get it on PC for free and progress syncs between the two. Now I have to pull the trigger.

The verbiage is pretty clear in one directly. If you purchase the PC version through their website, you also get it on PS4. However, I haven't seen anything stating that if you purchase it on the PS4 store that you will get the PC version. Not sure if it is deliberately vague or what, but it is clear that if you buy it on their website, you will get it on PS4. From their FAQ.

If I purchase a Founder's Pack on your website, can I play on PlayStation 4?

In order to gain access on PlayStation 4, players must link their Epic + PSN accounts. Link your accounts here.

AaronMT86
Member
(07-11-2017, 04:30 PM)
AaronMT86's Avatar
Gone gold https://twitter.com/wesphillips/stat...80027853905922
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-11-2017, 11:45 PM)
Is there a video explaining how the heroes work? Like, are there different types of the same hero? I don't get it... reading the description of what you get in the various versions of the game is wtf. I don't know what any of it means.
nicholasbrutal
Epic Games PR Manager
(07-12-2017, 04:09 PM)
nicholasbrutal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Evolved1

Is there a video explaining how the heroes work? Like, are there different types of the same hero? I don't get it... reading the description of what you get in the various versions of the game is wtf. I don't know what any of it means.

There are four main "classes": Constructors, Soldiers, Outlanders, and Ninjas. Each of those classes has its own role -- generally, Constructors are good at building, Soldiers are good at shooting, Outlanders have looting/exploration advantages, and Ninjas are, well... super bad ass ninjas (good with melee weapons, for example).

There are more than 100 different Heroes/characters you can collect/earn, and they all fall into one of those categories, but each will have its own look, unique stats, and various abilities. On top of THAT, each hero can be upgraded to become more powerful/unlock additional abilities, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and you can see a video explaining some of these types in more detail here.
Vincent4756
Member
(07-12-2017, 11:49 PM)
Do we know when the NDA goes up?

I'm super excited to play it. Got the limited edition so two of my friends can play with me.
Don Friday
Member
(07-13-2017, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by J3ffro

If only there wasn't an NDA in place that kept people who were in the know from giving accurate information. They really should have dropped that once the release date had been announced. It's like they are working against themselves.

FWIW, I hadn't heard anything about a persistent structure of any kind. But that sounds awesome if true.

I've read that you do have a persistent base on the map that you upgrade which unlocks more benefits on missions. But it might be just for each map so maybe not "permanent" as in always on your account but starts anew each session.
Aeonofgods
Member
(07-13-2017, 12:38 AM)
Aeonofgods's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicholasbrutal

There are four main "classes": Constructors, Soldiers, Outlanders, and Ninjas. Each of those classes has its own role -- generally, Constructors are good at building, Soldiers are good at shooting, Outlanders have looting/exploration advantages, and Ninjas are, well... super bad ass ninjas (good with melee weapons, for example).

There are more than 100 different Heroes/characters you can collect/earn, and they all fall into one of those categories, but each will have its own look, unique stats, and various abilities. On top of THAT, each hero can be upgraded to become more powerful/unlock additional abilities, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and you can see a video explaining some of these types in more detail here.

Hey I would love to get some clarification on something someone brought up above. Is it true that buying the PC version will get you the PS4 version free as long as the accounts are linked?
Omegabalmung9
Member
(07-13-2017, 12:44 AM)
Omegabalmung9's Avatar
Super excited about the game :)

Already have my brother and cousin on board for the game.
Foxxsoxx
Member
(07-13-2017, 12:53 AM)
Foxxsoxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by PackAPunchedMick

I saw a Reddit post about PS4 pro and Xbox one x being 4k/30fps so I guess not.

Shame really as Paragon is 1080p/60fps.

Thats... disappointing. Thanks for the reponse.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-13-2017, 07:43 PM)
So I bought this on PS4... pretty damn expensive tbh lol... but I don't see it in my library, and how do you gift the standard versions? Even after linking my PSN to an EPIC account, nothing, not on PS4 or their website.

Really confusing.

No preload? Cannot gift until after it's live or something? Wish any this was addressed in their FAQ. They give zero information... rather annoyed you don't get anything (not even an email) explaining any of this.
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-13-2017, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Evolved1

So I bought this on PS4... pretty damn expensive tbh lol... but I don't see it in my library, and how do you gift the standard versions? Even after linking my PSN to an EPIC account, nothing, not on PS4 or their website.

Really confusing.

No preload? Cannot gift until after it's live or something? Wish any this was addressed in their FAQ. They give zero information... rather annoyed you don't get anything (not even an email) explaining any of this.

Pre load begins on the 19th.

Friends codes will be waiting for you in-game on day of release.

Also. The NDA is lifted on the 20th, all media will be open for discussion then.
J3ffro
Member
(07-14-2017, 01:34 AM)
J3ffro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Evolved1

So I bought this on PS4... pretty damn expensive tbh lol... but I don't see it in my library, and how do you gift the standard versions? Even after linking my PSN to an EPIC account, nothing, not on PS4 or their website.

Really confusing.

No preload? Cannot gift until after it's live or something? Wish any this was addressed in their FAQ. They give zero information... rather annoyed you don't get anything (not even an email) explaining any of this.

Did you buy it on the PSN store, or on Epic's website? I purchased on the Epic store, and I have linked my PSN account, but currently the purchase only shows up as existing on Epic's site, and no mention on PSN. I'm sure it'll figure itself out in the next week.
hydruxo
Member
(07-14-2017, 01:37 AM)
hydruxo's Avatar

Originally Posted by PackAPunchedMick

Pre load begins on the 19th.

Friends codes will be waiting for you in-game on day of release.

Also. The NDA is lifted on the 20th, all media will be open for discussion then.

For the bolded, does that mean the 21st or 25th?
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-14-2017, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by J3ffro

Did you buy it on the PSN store, or on Epic's website? I purchased on the Epic store, and I have linked my PSN account, but currently the purchase only shows up as existing on Epic's site, and no mention on PSN. I'm sure it'll figure itself out in the next week.

I bought it on PSN thinking that would be safer. But I'm pretty weirded out that it's not in my library (preorders generally appear immediately with an unlock timer) even after restoring licenses... nothing.

I suddenly have a feeling this is gonna be a clusterfuck... just karma for spending so much money on an unproven game with a day-before embargo. I never learn. I might actually cancel this and wait (especially since I cannot gift until launch -- being able to gift was the entire fuckin point of paying this absurd pricetag -- now my friends can't even play with me until they download a huge file) just suddenly have a bad feeling about it. Seems sloppy. Having flashbacks to all the games with bungled launches over the years where I pre-paid for some early access/bonus only to stare at broken servers, match-making for days/weeks.
Mobius and pet octopus
Member
(07-14-2017, 05:28 AM)
Mobius and pet octopus's Avatar
I'm thinking about buying the standard edition since I have 20 off for it. Any other PC gaffers buying the game, or just waiting for f2p release?
Perineum
Member
(07-14-2017, 05:38 AM)
Perineum's Avatar
I am on a wait and see on this one. I'm worried it won't have any longevity to it or challenge to speak of. Without those two things I'm out so I hope the NDA is up soon.
Mobius and pet octopus
Member
(07-14-2017, 06:13 AM)
Mobius and pet octopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Perineum

I am on a wait and see on this one. I'm worried it won't have any longevity to it or challenge to speak of. Without those two things I'm out so I hope the NDA is up soon.

I wouldn't expect a challenge at first, but later on things can get pretty hairy.
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-14-2017, 07:50 AM)

Originally Posted by hydruxo

For the bolded, does that mean the 21st or 25th?

Whenever your early access begins. As soon as you're able to launch the game the codes will be there.
Hubble
Member
(07-14-2017, 07:57 AM)
Hubble's Avatar
Wow at all the purchase tiers. Very offputting and disgusting.

Question: Does the Limited Edition come with 2 copies, one for your friend? When you click it on the website, it says 2 digital standard editions on the right.
Mobius and pet octopus
Member
(07-14-2017, 08:01 AM)
Mobius and pet octopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hubble

Wow at all the purchase tiers. Very offputting and disgusting.

Not really if you understand what you're getting is multiple copies above a certain tier. The last tier gives 2 copies of the standard tier. It's actually brilliant to get people and their friends into a game that is really aiming for a solid coop experience, even though you can play solo. There is also a tier that gets you 1 extra copy of the standard tier.
Hubble
Member
(07-14-2017, 08:06 AM)
Hubble's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mobius and pet octopus

Not really if you understand what you're getting is multiple copies above a certain tier. The last tier gives 2 copies of the standard tier. It's actually brilliant to get people and their friends into a game that is really aiming for a solid coop experience, even though you can play solo. There is also a tier that gets you 1 extra copy of the standard tier.

So the Super Deluxe edition comes with 1 extra copy and the Limited Edition comes with 2 copy totals?
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-14-2017, 08:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Hubble

Wow at all the purchase tiers. Very offputting and disgusting.

Question: Does the Limited Edition come with 2 copies, one for your friend? When you click it on the website, it says 2 digital standard editions on the right.

You will get your copy of the limited edition and 2 extra copies of the standard edition for friends.
deoee
Member
(07-14-2017, 08:22 AM)
deoee's Avatar
Anyone buying one of the limited editions and has one of the free standard codes to giveaway?

I just now heard that 3 of my friends plan on getting this and I'd love to jump in but find 40€ a bit steep for an EA title.

Other than that I'm really curious how all this plays out. The concept sounds fun but so do many EA survival titles which then turn out to be a mess :D
KillLaCam
Banned
(07-14-2017, 08:28 AM)
In very interested
Wish this was cross platform though
PackAPunchedMick
Member
(07-14-2017, 03:46 PM)

Originally Posted by KillLaCam

In very interested
Wish this was cross platform though

I was hoping it was gonna be like paragon :/

It's cross-save on PC/PS4 however.

Thread Tools