• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AKingNamedPaul
I am Homie
(07-18-2017, 01:50 AM)
AKingNamedPaul's Avatar
Just occurred to me they have been keeping even with one "villain" one hero, so the next reveal should be a villain.
roflwaffles
Member
(07-18-2017, 01:52 AM)
roflwaffles's Avatar
I can see everyone getting bored of the same huge beam style super with every character within the first week.
Vaughngief
Member
(07-18-2017, 01:52 AM)
Vaughngief's Avatar

Originally Posted by FadedRevolution

Yea Yamcha got some great some great figures.

Yeah, that's a really iconic pose. Yamcha going head strong into situations and falling flat in comedic ways is his character. Despite his role in the series he's still a memorable character and always had a unique fighting style.

Also, his Figurarts figure looks awesome if you wanna pick and choose.

Alienous
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:03 AM)
Alienous's Avatar
Wolf Fang Fist and Spirit Ball are enough reasons for Yamcha's inclusion.
bubumiao
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:07 AM)
bubumiao's Avatar
Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.
Lulubop
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:09 AM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.

no where near 50, would be lucky if it were half that.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(07-18-2017, 02:10 AM)

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.

Im expecting between 16-20
Fandangox
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:12 AM)
Fandangox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

Wolf Fang Fist and Spirit Ball are enough reasons for Yamcha's inclusion.

It would be great if they could incorporate baseball moves into his moveset but I feel that would be too out there for this game.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(07-18-2017, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Fandangox

It would be great if they could incorporate baseball moves into his moveset but I feel that would be too out there for this game.

It wouldn't if they want him in as a joke character
LotusHD
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Alienous

Wolf Fang Fist and Spirit Ball are enough reasons for Yamcha's inclusion.

Meh.
Dueck
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ser Booty

I know he doesn't have a chance in hell but I really want Kogu (Bojack movie)

I mean just look at him...



Its a shame such a good design was wasted as fodder in a non-canon movie, but it still looks dope, so maybe DLC is a possibility.

Also, he's the closest thing to Crono that we're ever gonna get for this game

I love Bojack's crew. It'd be great to have them here, given enough roster space left after the mandatory characters have their spots. I prefer Bojack and Zangya, but anything is better than nothing. After the currently confirmed ones, I'd only be reasonably disappointed if Android 18, Piccolo, and at least one surprise don't make the cut (such as Caulifla, Baby, Pan, or a movie character that isn't Cooler or Broly...)
Fandangox
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:20 AM)
Fandangox's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

It wouldn't if they want him in as a joke character

Mr. Satan would fit a comical moveset better and its (I think) more popular. Not like there couldn't be two or more anyway.
BoosterDuck
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by roflwaffles

I can see everyone getting bored of the same huge beam style super with every character within the first week.

the only people who do beam style supers are the Saiyans and Cell

everyone else has death balls and hellzone grenades and snot ghosts and body pinball ricochets
Skab
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:27 AM)
Skab's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ser Booty

I know he doesn't have a chance in hell but I really want Kogu (Bojack movie)

I mean just look at him...



Its a shame such a good design was wasted as fodder in a non-canon movie, but it still looks dope, so maybe DLC is a possibility.

Also, he's the closest thing to Crono that we're ever gonna get for this game

Dude got wrecked by Trunks
Whales
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:29 AM)
Whales's Avatar
anyone got a gif of trunks' level 3 super???

i need it
Glitter and Gold
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by mooncakes

You guys can check out DaiAndOh impression on DBFZ if your interested in the gameplay.

2H is a universal anti air.

Yeah we've known that for a minute.

Some stuff I didn't know in there though. Not sure about others

HOWEVER an important mechanic that's not looked at enough is tag supers. Pressing 236/214 assist (while in neutral state? Not sure) will have the appropriate character come in with a super while tagging in. I made use of this to switch often for 1 meter rather than 2. Characters have lots of recoverable life so safe switching maximizes your health significantly. This mechanic removes some startup invincibility though. It can be done with level 3 supers as well.

This mechanic is important because of space control implications. You may think you're safe approaching from certain angles against Vegeta with one meter but Gohan tag supers in with an anti-air Kamehameha and you're done...

This is really cool and might address some issues people had with the lack of assist options.
TWILT
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by mooncakes

You guys can check out DaiAndOh impression on DBFZ if your interested in the gameplay.

2H is a universal anti air.

Good read, thanks. Some really cool stuff in this game.

Really really really hoping I get into the beta lol.
The Omega Man
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:33 AM)
The Omega Man's Avatar
It's easy to see those who never watched original DB here, I hope Yamcha makes it, he is still one of the strongest humans there is. He also tapped Bulma first.
Helacious
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:35 AM)
Helacious's Avatar

Originally Posted by BoosterDuck

the only people who do beam style supers are the Saiyans and Cell

everyone else has death balls and hellzone grenades and snot ghosts and body pinball ricochets

You say "the saiyans" like it's a small part of the cast
Glitter and Gold
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

It's easy to see those who never watched original DB here, I hope Yamcha makes it, he is still one of the strongest humans there is. He also tapped Bulma first.

Yamcha is only ever really formidable in his first appearance/fight vs Goku. Then Goku gets something to eat and bops him

After that he just jobs for villains. (Well I guess Jackie Chun and Kami aren't villains but still)
Ser Booty
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:38 AM)
Ser Booty's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skab

Dude got wrecked by Trunks

So did Frieza
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(07-18-2017, 02:43 AM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Takeru

Pretty cool stuff from the EVO event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZhdAEYGYU

This game looks great.
Flousn
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:51 AM)
Flousn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

I miss the times when Piccolo was a Character of relevant fighting power. Such a great Design and an unique moveset. I hope he gets some spotlight in the ToP-Arc...

Let him fuse with the entirety of U6-Namek for the sake of saving their species and wreck shit with Gohan.
Goku be damned ;)
bubumiao
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:53 AM)
bubumiao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lulubop

no where near 50, would be lucky if it were half that.

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

Im expecting between 16-20

Why? Because of how long it takes to animate/develop each character?

The Budokai games had tons of characters (I realize this takes more time since it's more complicated animation).

They know fans will want a lot of characters though. This game is trying to compete with MvC∞ afterall in the tag battle fighting genre.

There will be no less than 50 I say! 😅
Puruzi
Banned
(07-18-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Why? Because of how long it takes to animate/develop each character?

The Budokai games had tons of characters (I realize this takes more time since it's more complicated animation).

They know fans will want a lot of characters though. This game is trying to compete with MvC∞ afterall in the tag battle fighting genre.

There will be no less than 50 I say! 😅

LMAO

24-27 at absolute MAX

And even then I'm pushing it.
Undead Fantasy
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:11 AM)
Undead Fantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Flousn

I miss the times when Piccolo was a Character of relevant fighting power. Such a great Design and an unique moveset. I hope he gets some spotlight in the ToP-Arc...

Let him fuse with the entirety of U6-Namek for the sake of saving their species and wreck shit with Gohan.
Goku be damned ;)

Watch episode 88 of Super.

He was incredible there.
FUNKNOWN iXi
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:13 AM)
FUNKNOWN iXi's Avatar

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.

Cool with 50?! LOL, so you guess you'd be fine with only 50, huh?

Shit, I'd only be cool with 70. Nothing less is acceptable imo.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(07-18-2017, 03:13 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.

ASW is starting from scratch, so I'd expect 16-24 on Day 1.
Sibersk Esto
Banned
(07-18-2017, 03:16 AM)

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Do we have any idea how many characters to expect in the full roster? They have so many characters to choose from, I'm hoping for a huge roster. Since it's 3v3 I'd be cool with 50.

lmao at 50 characters.
bubumiao
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:24 AM)
bubumiao's Avatar
I'm honestly expecting 30. More than that (at launch) and I'll be surprised. With DLC maybe 30~35.
mas8705
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:24 AM)
mas8705's Avatar

Originally Posted by rmanthorp

Was about to try and post this, but not like I'm complaining that someone else posted it first.

That attention to detail that Arc System Works did to recreate this move of Trunksis nothing short of amazing. I remember that someone had posted the version that was done by Trunks that blurred his hand movements rather than trying to animate it, so this makes it all the more impressive to witness.

As for who we'll see in the beta besides Trunks, One guess is definitely Piccolo. It is almost a guarentee that he's in, so it would make sense to add him in right now. As for the other, I continue to struggle to think of who else it would be. Some say an Android, others say Krillin. Part of me feels thought that should Krillin be in the game, it probably will be announced here since it would be as low key of an announcement that could be done to include him in. Not to undersell him of course, but I can't imagine if say a month or two before the game comes out, people are going to be like, "FINALLY! KRILLIN IS IN DRAGONBALL FIGHTERZ!!!"
NoctisVsStar
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:25 AM)
NoctisVsStar's Avatar

Originally Posted by bubumiao

I'm honestly expecting 30. More than that (at launch) and I'll be surprised. With DLC maybe 30~35.

30? You buggin.

Expect 22-24 at best.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(07-18-2017, 03:26 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar
The designs aren't as crazy as GGXrd characters, so I could see ASW pushing for 24 characters at launch.
bubumiao
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:29 AM)
bubumiao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

The designs aren't as crazy as GGXrd characters, so I could see ASW pushing for 24 characters at launch.

And they're pulling from designs that already exist so it's not like they need to waste time conceptualizing on possible designs.

24 at launch plus 6 DLC, we'll at least make it to 30. Just my opinion.
sixteen-bit
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Vaughngief

Yeah, that's a really iconic pose. Yamcha going head strong into situations and falling flat in comedic ways is his character. Despite his role in the series he's still a memorable character and always had a unique fighting style.

Also, his Figurarts figure looks awesome if you wanna pick and choose.

Dat figuarts Piccolo tho

maks
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:41 AM)
maks's Avatar

Originally Posted by bubumiao

Why? Because of how long it takes to animate/develop each character?

The Budokai games had tons of characters (I realize this takes more time since it's more complicated animation).

They know fans will want a lot of characters though. This game is trying to compete with MvC∞ afterall in the tag battle fighting genre.

There will be no less than 50 I say! 😅



Its all complete speculation so far. Not even a single hint from any interview about how large the cast will be and how large of a team is working on this. I don't even think a single interviewer asked how large the roster could be or how long they've been at it! Since each character doesn't seem to be as complex mechanics-wise as BB or GG characters then a larger cast is entirely possible.

I lean towards 30
Uraizen
Banned
(07-18-2017, 04:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Puruzi

LMAO

24-27 at absolute MAX

And even then I'm pushing it.

I was about to reply with this.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(07-18-2017, 04:12 AM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by QisTopTier

Im expecting between 16-20

21-24 (maybe including DLC)
Helacious
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:13 AM)
Helacious's Avatar
Lots of people not familiar with Aksys fighters here. You're going to get sub 20 fighters at launch and like it.
Kyne
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:13 AM)
Kyne's Avatar
people forgetting what the original cast of BB looked like.

it's okay. We'll get this 9-10 years down the line.

maks
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:18 AM)
maks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne

people forgetting what the original cast of BB looked like.



it's okay. We'll get this 9-10 years down the line.


Does this also mean fans won't get Broly for about ten years? :P
RocBase
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:21 AM)
RocBase's Avatar

Originally Posted by maks

Its all complete speculation so far. Not even a single hint from any interview about how large the cast will be and how large of a team is working on this. I don't even think a single interviewer asked how large the roster could be or how long they've been at it! Since each character doesn't seem to be as complex mechanics-wise as BB or GG characters then a larger cast is entirely possible.

I lean towards 30

We actually kinda did have a hint, though its context is a little nebulous as it could apply to anything concerning content. Tomoko Hiroki and Junya Motomura (from ASW) had an interview at EVO where they did state that they're actively trying to make a packed, dense game.

And concerning which team is working on this, it was also mentioned in the same interview that lots of members from all the different teams at Arc are putting work in this, so it's not just the GG team or BB team specifically. From the sounds of things I got the impression they got a big team behind the game.

Interview in question here (from 02:30:00): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159356991
Yukira
Junior Member
(07-18-2017, 04:56 AM)
From the old interview when they develop Xrd, they told us that each character require 3-4 ppl to do the model in 2 months, and 2 months more for the animation. So about 4 months per character I guess ?
AESplusF
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:58 AM)
AESplusF's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yukira

From the old interview when they develop Xrd, they told us that each character require 3-4 ppl to do the model in 2 months, and 2 months more for the animation. So about 4 months per character I guess ?

That's not really relevant, since then I'm sure they've become more efficient, and the characters along with their poses already exist.
Vaughngief
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:49 AM)
Vaughngief's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne

people forgetting what the original cast of BB looked like.



it's okay. We'll get this 9-10 years down the line.

People are also forgetting Namco Bandai is budgeting this. Game doesn't come out till next year and we've already got 9 characters. I think it's safe to assume we're getting over 20 characters.
Bobo Dakes
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:55 AM)
Bobo Dakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

It's easy to see those who never watched original DB here, I hope Yamcha makes it, he is still one of the strongest humans there is. He also tapped Bulma first.

There is actually no proof of that.
Fj0823
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:58 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by MttThms

There is actually no proof of that.

...It's Bulma.
TreIII
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Fj0823

...It's Bulma.

When was the opportunity for such? Yamcha was running off for training, being a womanizer that pissed her off, dead and etc., that it doesn't even seem like Yamcha and Bulma really got a chance to seriously hit it off during their "on-again, off-again" phase.

And clearly, homegirl probably doesn't care about protection but so much if she got knocked up by Vegeta on the first available opportunity.
AlimNassor
Banned
(07-18-2017, 06:11 AM)
AlimNassor's Avatar
Are we gunna get any Super characters, lol? Why do they always solely include Z?

Thread Tools