• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

I can safely say FEH has more to do now than I have time to do it

Yeah. Those 60 perfect tempest runs are real time-consuming. Great content. At least we get to look forward to the incredibly well-written story. I wonder if Bruno really is Zacharias. What a cliffhanger!

Both games have their own respective strengths and weaknesses and are enjoyable for different reasons to different people.

I definitely prefer FGO over Fire Emblem currently, though I don't have as much fatigue with this game. Maybe I'll prefer FE more again in 6 months.

Paprikka

So I finally finish Lancelot's second ascension and I was wondering if it would be better/more helpful to people if I swapped him and Tamamo around?

My Tamamo is NP2 so I've kept her in my all slot with an Imaginary Element and Lancelot in the back with Limited/Zero Over, but I feel like Lancelot would be a better choice now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I prefer the gameplay of FEH more but the content is such garbage that I'm not inclined. Whereas I find the content/grind of FGO more compelling.

So I finally finish Lancelot's second ascension and I was wondering if it would be better/more helpful to people if I swapped him and Tamamo around?

My Tamamo is NP2 so I've kept her in my all slot with an Imaginary Element and Lancelot in the back with Limited/Zero Over, but I feel like Lancelot would be a better choice now.

My Lancelot went way up in usage once I broke through second ascension.

Lancelot is better than Cat for farming if you get his NP to go off consistently. That NP boost CE helps a lot.

The dream right now is to final ascend Lancelot. All the materials after second ascension are common except the claws!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got enough quartz for another 10 pull.

I got another freaking Altria. That's 3 total now during the time where Gil is supposed to be the rate up for 5*.

lol

Khezu

Fuck yes got waver.
Hopefully he can carry some shitter teams I want to try out.
Not exactly what I wanted but it's kind of a relief since he is so useful.

Got enough quartz for another 10 pull.

I got another freaking Altria. That's 3 total now during the time where Gil is supposed to be the rate up for 5*.

lol

The way the RNG works, it feels like some accounts have one thing that they pull more than anything else.

It's just that for most accounts it's some kind of black keys.

Used the ticket from the daily login and pulled another sakura ce (imaginary something I think?) and then used the one from the gil thing and got another cu...meh I guess, but I hope I get gil in one of the remaining tickets

Articalys

Let me make sure I've got an idea of all the different resources/bars to fill in this game straightened out.
- Master Level: increases max AP, team cost, and friendlist size. Gained after any mission.
- Mystic Code Level: levels all outfit skills at once. Gained after any mission. Doesn't seem that important.
- XP Cards: level Servants, though only the 4* variant are really used for that purpose; lower rarities get burned for QP/prisms. 4* drops mostly from expert-level XP dailies.
- Servant Bond: needed to unlock interludes, but not too much. For levels 6+ can get quartz and/or apples (dependent on Servant rarity) and unique CE at max level, but each of those levels takes forever. Gained after any mission.
- Pieces/Monuments: needed to ascend. Mostly drops from servant battle dailies (or in Japan, from class item dailies) with better rates at higher difficulties.
- Gems: needed to level Servant skills. Mostly drops from monster battle dailies (or in Japan, from class item dailies) with better rates at higher difficulties.
- Prisms: needed to buy stuff from the shop. Basic prisms mainly come from burning off unneeded 3/4* XP cards, big prisms from extra 4* Servants.
- Other items: needed to ascend and level skills. Mostly drops from free quests and item dailies. Some are unique (e.x. Crystal Lore) and aren't regular drops.

Articalys

Quartz/fragments and friend points are pretty straightforward. Did forget about prisms.

Also everything to do with Craft Essence leveling though I still don't really understand much of it.

Hubb

Do we have another day of 1/2 AP Saber XP cards farming, or will the event end before it comes around again?

It ends on the 20th, and saber XP cards should be Tuesday.

Not really? Since we were feather starved way more back then, uncapping characters so you could "finish" them wasn't realistic at all, and there was little point anyway with no inheritance. Arena was literally win 7 times in a row once per week with a limit of 3 tries per day, plus arena imbalance also meant exceptional luck/being a whale to stay up there was necessary due to Takumi/Hector/Azura/Lucina/Ryoma outclassing everyone else, which I wouldn't call a plus. If your characters were capped on exp/skills, your arena was done for the week, and your once a month quests were done, there was literally nothing to do, nothing to grind, until inheritance came out ~6 weeks after launch. And it didn't really start having stuff to do on a regular basis until Tempest started rotating with Gauntlets, which was a very recent addition (June).

I'm going to bed, so I am not going to spend a ton of time refuting you. It took a week or less for the first patch to start adding the grand hero battles and making changes to the game, if you wanted to do more arena runs it was real easy (and still is) to get the dueling swords. Sure the p2w aspect sucks, you could go back into the FEH OT and see me complaining about it there, but I was still able to get a decently high score and like it or not it was something to do. And I would say we got stuff to do on a regular basis (or in other words, a massive grind) when they added skill inheritance. But even before then, I still had (and have) tons of characters I want to level up. That just isn't the case with FGO.

And if we are calling the Gil rate up an event, then FEH had... tons of events with all the banners they throw out.

If I get bored of grinding quest dailies here for exp/prisms, I have a lot of free quests with added story, a lot of extra quests related to the characters I am working on, and Ascension mats to hunt down (if they are available anyway). Like I said, not amazing, but certainly not low tier options. If we didn't know what was coming (like with Fire Emblem) I would share concerns, but we know what we will be getting for the next several years and it's a lot.

I am not concerned. I never was, this is all from:

You guys move through the content way too fast. The game has just come out 3 weeks ago.

I don't think the content we have now is hard to "move through too fast" specially with all the AP you can get now. It looks like we have another week of just grinding MP/QP and hopefully it is only 1 more week.

Kenai

It ends on the 20th, and saber XP cards should be Tuesday.

I'm going to bed, so I am not going to spend a ton of time refuting you. It took a week or less for the first patch to start adding the grand hero battles and making changes to the game, if you wanted to do more arena runs it was real easy (and still is) to get the dueling swords. Sure the p2w aspect sucks, you could go back into the FEH OT and see me complaining about it there, but I was still able to get a decently high score and like it or not it was something to do. And I would say we got stuff to do on a regular basis (or in other words, a massive grind) when they added skill inheritance. But even before then, I still had (and have) tons of characters I want to level up. That just isn't the case with FGO.

And if we are calling the Gil rate up an event, then FEH had... tons of events with all the banners they throw out.

I'm considering the amount of content actually available to do and spend stamina on when it's full again. Sure, FE:H released more separate activities, but most of them were either not repeatable or simply not worth repeating prior to inheritance. Grand Hero battles, until very recently, were two maps with no reason to go back in after the first clear. Arena...why go in after your 7 win streak until reset? The story maps were completed just as if not more quickly than Fate GO too, and while Paralogues were definitely nice, suffered the same problem of no reason to go back in after the first clear until more were added. And since the only truly repeatable content available to do more than a few times a day was the Training Tower and the units you were leveling had to be in the party for any kind of efficiency (especially if you wanted them to have enough SP for their default kit), that also quickly became irrelevant once your characters of choice were 40.

Like I said, I'm not going to argue that farming gold cards and Prisms is super exciting cause it's not, but it's at least something repeatable *and* rewarding to do from the get go, which FE:H and everything else I mentioned either was comparable to or just plain worse at (which was the OG argument). It's simply a normal launch with good login rewards and a surprisingly steady server, not some mindbogglingly innovative new thing *or* some bare bones do nothing gatcha. It's ok to want more (I do too, craving some Nero mats for my poor 60 Vlad) but it's also ok to point out that I have literally never played a game at launch with more stuff to spend stamina on and give some objective criteria when prompted :p

Articalys

And on the 5th day the King of Heroes gave us... metal?
girugamesh-girugamesh6dj7a.jpg

chrono01

This is the first gacha game where I'm actually interested in learning more of the story. Even Rome, which was the supposed "low-point" for the game so far (in which the ones responsible for it actually publicly apologized), I still enjoyed it. If it only goes up from there...

Whew.

Sciel

Her NP does 450% AoE damage at Rank 1, compared to both Altria and Attila (300% and 400% after Interlude 2). So yup, in terms of pure damage she does wreck shit lol.

Popping Mana Burst (36% extra Buster) gives her like so much extra damage on top of the Limited / Zero Over (25% Extra Buster) in a Buster Chain.

Since there's not much to do besides farming mana prisms, I've been ascending and trying out a bunch of other characters, and I have to say that Saber Lily really isn't as bad as people say, esp at this stage of the game in NA. Right now, most people have their good characters at 1st ascension, with a few reaching 2nd or third, but people are gated by access to ascension materials like claws, not XP cards thanks to the 1/2 AP dailies.

At 1st ascension, Saber Lily has 7963 HP and 5807 ATK, and these stats are pretty decent for most 4*s. Intuition and Prana Burst are also pretty good skills. Caliburn is is an AOE NP so single target damage isn't ideal, but works well enough for farming. Stats-wise I can see how she wouldn't scale into end game (e.g when when everyone is in their final form) but right now? She seems pretty good to me. Also, the way she say Caliburn!!! when NPing is terribly cute.

mellow

I used my summon ticket today for the Gil summon, archer showed up..Robin Hood (already have him NP5)

had 3 SQ left after doing the weekly missions, so I use them on what would be my last summon during the Gil event and I got him

yay, now I can save up all of my SQ until someone I really want arrives

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
At this point I'm just ascending my jobber servants so I can do their interludes to get a gem. Man, NeroFest can't get here soon enough.

Since there's not much to do besides farming mana prisms, I've been ascending and trying out a bunch of other characters, and I have to say that Saber Lily really isn't as bad as people say, esp at this stage of the game in NA. Right now, most people have their good characters at 1st ascension, with a few reaching 2nd or third, but people are gated by access to ascension materials like claws, not XP cards thanks to the 1/2 AP dailies.

At 1st ascension, Saber Lily has 7963 HP and 5807 ATK, and these stats are pretty decent for most 4*s. Intuition and Prana Burst are also pretty good skills. Caliburn is is an AOE NP so single target damage isn't ideal, but works well enough for farming. Stats-wise I can see how she wouldn't scale into end game (e.g when when everyone is in their final form) but right now? She seems pretty good to me. Also, the way she say Caliburn!!! when NPing is terribly cute.

Hmm. I'll throw her some pity exp. cards later and see how I feel about her with actual levels.

Ala Alba

Yeah, she's better than a 3* servant, but not as good as an actual 4*. Her prana burst also means she's going to NP harder than Siegfried and probably Nero, and unlike Nero she can Buster Brave chain for a lot of damage. She's a good free AoE Saber, and will be for quite some time.

Edit: I did some checking of future servants to refresh my memory, and wow. Poor lancers.

The next decent non-limited Gold Lancer is a long ways off, and it's a 5*. The next decent non-limited 4* Lancer is literally not until next Halloween. Now, we do get a great limited 5* lancer and a great story-locked 4* Lancer fairly soon, but I guess I'll be using support Elisabeths for a long while (who, by the way, will probably not get any rate-ups for over a year).

It's funny that on Archer day, my most used support becomes my 60 Lizzy instead of my Altera. Well, maybe not that funny. She destroys Archers with her class advantage, but Altera does half her usual damage against them.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Steps for making a 1* Craft Essence experience bomb:

1. Pick a 1* Craft Essence to enhance. This is your first base.
2. For enhancement materials, select 17 1* CEs that are different from your base CE to feed (but don't press that enhance button just yet). Then select 3 duplicates of your first base. These bypass the 17 limit because they limit break your CE. QP cost should now be 1200 (60 per 1* CE fed), estimated Std. EXP is around 20k.
3. Enhance.
4. Now pick a different 1* Craft Essence to be your second base. Anything that's not the one you just leveled up.
5. Enhancement materials: 16 different name CEs, then your first base CE, then 3 dupes. If you're doing it right, under estimated EXP, you'll see that the estimated Acc. EXP is 20k (or more if you got Super/Great Success the first time). QP cost remains 1200.
6. Enhance.

Repeat steps 4-6 until you get a level 50 1* CE. Acc. EXP will continue to grow as you do this, and once you have a 1* CE around level 40, you might have to start feeding 4 dupes each time, since 3 dupes only limit break it to 40. I got carried away with it and forgot to check how limit break inheritance can work, or if we even have that yet.

RSchmitz

What´s the level cap in JP right now? How much ap is it possible to have there?
I really want to reach around 230-240 so I can play only once a day without wasting ap.
Sadly the current cap in NA isn´t enough, when is it raised?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If Nero event doesn't start this week I might explode. I can't do the daily events any more!!!

Ala Alba

Only 3 more to go :)

If you're talking about trading in for a Servant of your choice, that's 12 more, actually.

What´s the level cap in JP right now? How much ap is it possible to have there?
I really want to reach around 230-240 so I can play only once a day without wasting ap.
Sadly the current cap in NA isn´t enough, when is it raised?

I believe the level cap in JP is 140, which is around 145 ap?

Kenai

I'm at 90... catch up! ;p

Does anyone know if this 1/2 cost daily quests event come around again?

It looks like they are holiday-related. Anniversary/New Year's type stuff. Possibly more than that but I didn't see. So it will happen again but not very often.

On the other hand outside of gold cards the farm-able events like Nero and Halloween and Christmas that are upcoming seem a helluva lot more productive for Ascension mats so we will likely get more from those even paying full cost for the stamina than the current monster dailies.

Also if anyone knows about how the guaranteed 5* summon works and when it comes around I'm probably not the only one who wants to know. I know it uses paid quartz and I know the free extra quartz you get doesn't count towards the paid, but a few other Qs:

1) I heard that you pick certain banners and can't pick others if you do. Is it like Saber banner, Caster banner, ect or multiple classes on one banner? Cause it seems like it would be weird to not have a multi class banner when by x-mas we will have maybe 2 unlimited 5*s per class, if that.

2) On that note, is it only for the "unlimited" 5*s or do limited characters return for it?

Thanks for any info you can give~

Pejo

Man, I know it's a good idea to keep grinding these dailies while they're half off, but I cannot wait for it to be done. I'm rank 71 and can still barely run out of stamina. The only drops I really need at this point are all thursday/friday daily drops, so the rest of the week is a total wash for me. Cannot wait for Nerofest to get all the ascension mats. I really hope it comes right after Gilgamesh ends.

Ala Alba

Also if anyone knows about how the guaranteed 5* summon works and when it comes around I'm probably not the only one who wants to know. I know it uses paid quartz and I know the free extra quartz you get doesn't count towards the paid, but a few other Qs:

1) I heard that you pick certain banners and can't pick others if you do. Is it like Saber banner, Caster banner, ect or multiple classes on one banner? Cause it seems like it would be weird to not have a multi class banner when by x-mas we will have maybe 2 unlimited 5*s per class, if that.

2) On that note, is it only for the "unlimited" 5*s or do limited characters return for it?

Thanks for any info you can give~

I don't know about the very first one, but the first one I had access to in JP was split into Knight Classes and Calvary+Ruler Classes, I think. The second one I did was one for every class (Assassin and Ruler combined). In both of those cases, there were only non-limited Servants.

Kenai

I don't know about the very first one, but the first one I had access to in JP was split into Knight Classes and Calvary+Ruler Classes, I think. The second one I did was one for every class (Assassin and Ruler combined). In both of those cases, there were only non-limited Servants.

Thanks for that. I figured they'd go with the two weakness triangles but you know what they say about assuming stuff.

chrono01

So I was finding it difficult to manage two accounts, and considering my main has Waver/Gilgamesh, I figured I'd go ahead and try to grab him on my Waver/Vlad alt, just to see if I could make it my "new main". Unsurprisingly, I didn't (did get that troll Atalante, though!), so I think that settles that.

Honestly, juggling two accounts was always a bit difficult for me, especially since F/GO isn't my only gacha game, so it's kind of nice that I can move on and leave it behind. I'm kind of tempted to leave it there and log in daily just for the freebies and see if I can manage another pull over time, but I just know my luck would be spent there and not on my primary account, which is why I'm usually against alts of gacha games in the first place. The only reason I ended up with two accounts this time, was because I had initially started the game but then fell into a Waver/Gilgamesh account shortly after. I had intended to give the Waver/Vlad one to a friend but it didn't pan out (lost interest) so I just kept it there as an alt. Then all of the grinding began...

As for the upcoming event, I agree with you all. I'm getting a little fatigued grinding dailies as I am (it feels like a waste not to, with the 1/2 AP event) so here's hoping we hear something over the next few days. I'm sure we will, as DW probably knows the player-base are already getting a little restless.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom