• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:41 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar
Seeing this become reality will be fun

especially with added Ghost Rider
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(06-26-2017, 05:41 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I know that but I miswrote it but I meant I would rather to avoid to use stuffs from gameplay video unless it's necessary.

Okay this makes more sense.
DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:42 AM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar
Really excited to see Jedah and Gamora in action
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 05:42 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by christiankid7

Seeing this become reality will be fun



especially with added Ghost Rider

Oh yeah, Ghost Rider

Speaking of, who do you guys think is the mystery Capcom character. Assuming that Venom, Ghost Rider, & Dormammu are all in on Day 1, that leaves one open slot in the base roster.
tribal24
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:43 AM)
tribal24's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

Oh yeah, Ghost Rider

Speaking of, who do you guys think is the mystery Capcom character. Assuming that Venom, Ghost Rider, & Dormammu are all in on Day 1, that leaves one open slot in the base roster.

i honestly think its not going to be frank west like everyone thinks and we might get Phoenix Wright or Asura or Gene
MiguelMexMIstery
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:43 AM)
MiguelMexMIstery's Avatar

Originally Posted by christiankid7

Seeing this become reality will be fun



especially with added Ghost Rider

I still want Demitri in ;_; Would be using him and Dante ala PxZ
Newniverse
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:44 AM)
Newniverse's Avatar
Yeah (from what we all know), Jedah is the last character I'm interested in seeing when it comes to the (hopeful) base roster.
Skilletor
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:45 AM)
Skilletor's Avatar
Ya'll realize all the e3 interviews were probably at the same time and anything he would have been chastised for wouldn't reflect in the interview coming out now, right? Lol

Stop trying to create a narrative hahahaha.
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:45 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar
If there's only one secret Capcom character nobody knows about its Akuma


I don't want it to be Akuma, but I've learned from 3 to always expect akuma in MvC


I still have some weird feeling Wesker will be in the game
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 05:46 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by tribal24

i honestly think its not going to be frank west like everyone thinks and we might get Phoenix Wright or Asura or Gene

Frank's one of the characters in the .zip leak & was mentioned by a few leakers in the other thread. The unaccounted for characters compared to the Ryce leak are Frank, Haggar, Ghost Rider, Venom, & Dormammu. As mentioned before, that still leaves an open slot for a Capcom character.
Doctrine Dark
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:48 AM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
Only a few more weeks to Evo.

I think SD Comic-Con is going to be pretty big for this game.
DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar
I really need Venom in this. Can you imagine hitting...



...tagging in your partner and just waiting for your turn to jump in and extend the combo
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar
Though it is a bit weird that DMC only has a single character in the Default roster...
so
If it was a second DMC character, would it make more sense for it to be Vergil, Trish, Lady, or Nero?
Newniverse
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:54 AM)
Newniverse's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

I really need Venom in this. Can you imagine hitting...



...tagging in your partner and just waiting for your turn to jump in and extend the combo

DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(06-26-2017, 05:55 AM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

Frank's one of the characters in the .zip leak & was mentioned by a few leakers in the other thread. The unaccounted for characters compared to the Ryce leak are Frank, Haggar, Ghost Rider, Venom, & Dormammu. As mentioned before, that still leaves an open slot for a Capcom character.

Is this including Ant Man or excluding him (seeing as how he wasn't listed on that datamine leak)?

Originally Posted by christiankid7

Though it is a bit weird that DMC only has a single character in the Default roster...
so
If it was a second DMC character, would it make more sense for it to be Vergil, Trish, Lady, or Nero?

I'd bet my friends left nut Vergil will be DLC. Though to be fair, I would've bet the aforementioned left nut that Black Panther was in the base roster so what do I know? I'd like Lady to get a turn, but I think she is least likely of the group.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(06-26-2017, 05:56 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar
I'm pretty sure Venom will be one of my mains. I've waited too longer for this fucker to return.

Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 05:57 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

Is this including Ant Man or excluding him (seeing as how he wasn't listed on that datamine leak)?

I'm combining the Ryce leak & the .zip leak together for the count, so yeah, Ant-Man would be included. One leak that mentioned Zero said that all of the Season 1 characters would be in the story (albeit unfinished versions of them). It wouldn't make sense to have Ant-Man as DLC in Season 1 without a file for him being present in the .zip leak. So the base roster would be...

MARVEL
  1. Captain Marvel
  2. Iron Man
  3. Captain America
  4. Hawkeye
  5. Hulk
  6. Ultron
  7. Thor
  8. Rocket Raccoon (& Groot)
  9. Nova
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Gamora
  13. Thanos
  14. Doctor Strange
  15. Venom
  16. Ghost Rider
  17. Dormammu

CAPCOM
  1. Mega Man X
  2. Morrigan
  3. Ryu
  4. Chun-Li
  5. Spencer
  6. Monster Hunter
  7. Firebrand
  8. Arthur
  9. Jedah
  10. Chris
  11. Dante
  12. Strider Hiryu
  13. Nemesis
  14. Zero
  15. Frank West
  16. Haggar
  17. ???
Neonep
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:01 AM)
Neonep's Avatar
The missing Capcom character will be somebody from DMC or SF.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 06:02 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neonep

The missing Capcom character will be somebody from DMC or SF.

It could honestly be anyone.
JayEH
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:04 AM)
JayEH's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neonep

The missing Capcom character will be somebody from DMC or SF.

Yes my boy Nero returns! Who am I kidding he's never showing up again :(
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:05 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

I really need Venom in this. Can you imagine hitting...



...tagging in your partner and just waiting for your turn to jump in and extend the combo

how about just capturing an opponent like this and then tagging?

DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:06 AM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar
I'm very surprised SFV didn't get a rep.

I would gladly take any one of Gene/Asura/Captain Commando/Jin/Regina/or a character from another series that doesn't have a rep yet like Power Stone or Rival Schools

But the world is a terrible place so it will be Akuma or something like that
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(06-26-2017, 06:07 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by JayEH

Yes my boy Nero returns! Who am I kidding he's never showing up again :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1PsaD3NwQ#t=2m
Neonep
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:07 AM)
Neonep's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

It could honestly be anyone.

Most definitely but looking at the roster those are the most likely. Only 2 SF character & 1 from DMC while in the previous title there were 4 from each. Those are 2 of Capcom's biggest franchises. Same could be for Resident Evil though, so maybe Leon (a bit of a reach though).
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:10 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neonep

Most definitely but looking at the roster those are the most likely. Only 2 SF character & 1 from DMC while in the previous title there were 4 from each. Those are 2 of Capcom's biggest franchises. Same could be for Resident Evil though, so maybe Leon (a bit of a reach though).

Riku redeemed? :P

If it was an RE representative I'd say it was either RE5 Jill with more guns, or Wesker.

I suppose one of the Bakers or Ada might make it too, but are far less likely
Doctrine Dark
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:11 AM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
Asura please.
Waddle Dee
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:12 AM)
Waddle Dee's Avatar
God damn, second thread already. Guess at least some of the people acting like this game is a train wreck are lying, unless they just like to shit up the place. Really hoping we see Nemesis in action soon.
Sesha
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:12 AM)
Sesha's Avatar

Originally Posted by christiankid7

Though it is a bit weird that DMC only has a single character in the Default roster...
so
If it was a second DMC character, would it make more sense for it to be Vergil, Trish, Lady, or Nero?

Anyone but Vergil. Like Dah always says, Capcom always makes you pay extra for Vergil. DMC3SE, UMvC3, DmC Vergil's Downfall DLC/DmC Definitive Edition, DMC4SE. Without fail.
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:24 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar
I see

If it was between Trish, Lady, and Nero I would think Capcom would choose the easiest option with Trish. I'd be okay with that.
Jawmuncher
(06-26-2017, 06:24 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Should be Lucia
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:26 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Should be Lucia

It would never be Lucia though. After seeing her, I wouldn't mind her but...it would never be Lucia
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 06:26 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

I'm very surprised SFV didn't get a rep.

I would gladly take any one of Gene/Asura/Captain Commando/Jin/Regina/or a character from another series that doesn't have a rep yet like Power Stone or Rival Schools

But the world is a terrible place so it will be Akuma or something like that

For all we know, the final slot could be for a SFV rep. We just don't know right now.
Sesha
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:31 AM)
Sesha's Avatar
Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That said, if it's a DMC character then it probably is Trish.
Doctrine Dark
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:33 AM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
I could see it being Lady if it were a DMC rep. Dante not using Kalina Ann might be a small hint.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 06:33 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sesha

Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That said, if it's a DMC character then it probably is Trish.

That wouldn't surprise me, plus it'd add to the female character count for the base roster.

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

I could see it being Lady if it were a DMC rep. Dante not using Kalina Ann might be a small hint.

That's actually a good point. Lady would be an interesting newcomer, especially from a moveset perspective.
Jawmuncher
(06-26-2017, 06:38 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sesha

Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That said, if it's a DMC character then it probably is Trish.

Itsuno has terrible taste if he picks trash over lady
Neonep
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:39 AM)
Neonep's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Itsuno has terrible taste if he picks trash over lady

Woah, calm down there with the disrespect.
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:41 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar
I think Lady would be DLC,

and will be DLC.
Dahbomb
Junior Member
(06-26-2017, 06:42 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
Itsuno wasn't the one who picked Trish for Marvel 3, it was the DMC team collectively.

And Trish makes a hell of a lot more sense for a VS game than Lady. There are SO many normal gals with guns they can pull from both Capcom and Marvel. God damn even Jawmuncher would give up Lady if it meant getting Regina, Ada Wong or classic Jill in there.

Trish is one of the few true tri-dash flight characters from the Capcom side.
I-hate-u
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:44 AM)
I-hate-u's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sesha

Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That said, if it's a DMC character then it probably is Trish.

What about the boy Nero though?

Dude got a sword, a gun and a bionic arm.
Lee Chaolan
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:46 AM)
Lee Chaolan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

It could honestly be anyone.

Yep, gonna be the Arisen to whoop some Monster Hunter ass. ;)
Neonep
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:47 AM)
Neonep's Avatar
I would give up anybody from Devil May Cry not named Dante & Vergil for Leon and Megaman EXE.
christiankid7
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:48 AM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neonep

I would give up anybody from Devil May Cry not named Dante & Vergil for Leon and Megaman EXE.

Since we already have a Megaman, would you accept Bass.exe, Roll.exe or Protoman.exe?
DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:49 AM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar
You'll get Claire Redfield and you'll like it
JayEH
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:50 AM)
JayEH's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

You'll get Claire Redfield and you'll like it

That'd be great.
CD'S BAR
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:52 AM)
CD'S BAR's Avatar
Will be picking this up day 1 with nba2k18. What a day that will be.

Can't believe we finally get megaman and zero in the same game.
Village
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:54 AM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

You'll get Claire Redfield and you'll like it

that would fantastic
Tizoc
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:56 AM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

You'll get Claire Redfield and you'll like it

Would you bet setting her voice to jp?
Sesha
Member
(06-26-2017, 06:59 AM)
Sesha's Avatar

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

What about the boy Nero though?

Dude got a sword, a gun and a bionic arm.

What about him? If the MvC team asks for Nero and Itsuno doesn't give the ok, then they can't do anything about it. And if the DMC team say "put in Lucia as a condition for okaying Dante", then that's what will happen.
Last edited by Sesha; 06-26-2017 at 07:02 AM.
J-Tier
Member
(06-26-2017, 07:02 AM)
J-Tier's Avatar
I made the wall of shame despite not really posting much recently lol.

Also, great thread Heath!

Thread Tools