• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Stop It
Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
(06-29-2017, 09:59 AM)

Originally Posted by diddykong13

Exactly the same here - secretly hoping it'll just turn up today but fully expecting to get it tomorrow

So excited for this game!

At the worst I'm going to moan at Amazon tomorrow for breaking their Prime rules by sending a next day delivery on a non next day service.

Ah well, still getting the weekend with Crash :)

Originally Posted by Banzai

In which levels do you think you could feasibly place highly on the leader boards? I'm really looking forward to trying to crack some records. Especially on a couple of Crash 1 levels like the bridges.

Mostly though I think Crash 3 levels will be the most fun to speedrun, considering it was the game to implement them first.
I remember playing Crash 3 as a kid and me and my father would fight over the best time on the first bike level. So much fun.

33 year old me is nowhere near the skill of 13-15 year old me so I'm not expecting miracles.

Hoping to be semi competitive on the bike races and the water stuff.
Ludens
Banned
(06-29-2017, 10:00 AM)
What about Lost Trasure DLC?
Is it included or Activision really will release a dlc for a remastered of a 20 years old game?
DangerMouse
(06-29-2017, 10:00 AM)
Can't wait!
Banzai
(06-29-2017, 10:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Stop It

33 year old me is nowhere near the skill of 13-15 year old me so I'm not expecting miracles.

Hoping to be semi competitive on the bike races and the water stuff.

Crash's controls aren't overly complicated, I think it'll come back like riding a bike. I recently booted up Crash 1 in anticipation and got all boxes, no deaths on Slippery Climb on the first try.

I'm interested how the vehicle/riding levels work out. Stuff like hog riding in Crash 1 must have leaderboards with differences in microseconds.
Stop It
(06-29-2017, 10:18 AM)

Crash's controls aren't overly complicated, I think it'll come back like riding a bike. I recently booted up Crash 1 in anticipation and got all boxes, no deaths on Slippery Climb on the first try.

I'm interested how the vehicle/riding levels work out. Stuff like hog riding in Crash 1 must have leaderboards with differences in microseconds.

Here's hoping.

The crash series was one of the first non racing game where I took time trialing seriously so you never know.

Feel free to hit me up on PSN if you want to see my pathetic attempts on the leaderboards.
Tizoc
(06-29-2017, 10:22 AM)
I have no idea what PDT means, but I am hype to play this collection tomorrow =D
My brother loved the bike stages in Crash 3 so I'ma play that and unlock up til world 2 and let him do them
nikwhatsup
(06-29-2017, 10:26 AM)
So hyped! Playing this all day with my girlfriend tomorrow.
alexbull_uk
(06-29-2017, 10:27 AM)
Great OT!

Can’t wait to finally play this. It’s been a long time coming.
Banzai
(06-29-2017, 10:29 AM)

Feel free to hit me up on PSN if you want to see my pathetic attempts on the leaderboards.

Will do. Maybe we could start a PSN community to compare neogaf scores? I have no idea how these communites work, haven't used them at all.

By the way, I don't need ps+ to see leaderboards, do I? That would seriously rain on my parade.
Indelible
(06-29-2017, 10:31 AM)
I loved these games as a kid, especially Warped which is a classic. should be fun to get the platinum trophies for all three games.
Stop It
(06-29-2017, 10:36 AM)

Will do. Maybe we could start a PSN community to compare neogaf scores? I have no idea how these communites work, haven't used them at all.

By the way, I don't need ps+ to see leaderboards, do I? That would seriously rain on my parade.

I don't think you do, no.

I've never used the PS community things either, maybe time to start? :)

Originally Posted by nikwhatsup

So hyped! Playing this all day with my girlfriend tomorrow.

Is it just me or is Crash almost the perfect game to play with a partner or friend? It's almost like it was designed for "Pass the controller" play with the way the levels were designed and paced.
Sodding_Gamer
(06-29-2017, 10:36 AM)
I have been waiting for this moment for so long. The game should have arrived by the time I get back from work tonight. Hyped is an understatement.

CRASH IS BACKKKKK!

p.s I really, really, really hope this sells well.
Plum
(06-29-2017, 10:37 AM)
Oooohhhh

It's meant to say "Within"

Not "With N"

I am not a clever person.
SafeinSound
(06-29-2017, 10:37 AM)
Woooo my copy shipped. Let's go
vaderise
(06-29-2017, 10:44 AM)
Pre-ordered and now tomorrow can't come sooner. Let's do this!
Nev
Banned
(06-29-2017, 10:55 AM)
When's the reviews?

82~ is my prediction.
*Splinter
(06-29-2017, 11:00 AM)
Can't wait to play this tomorrow, will start with Crash 1. Excited for the additional time trials!

Originally Posted by Plum

Oooohhhh

It's meant to say "Within"

Not "With N"

I am not a clever person.

Ooohhhhhhhhhh

I mean yeah I knew that, pfft
TheOGB
Banned
(06-29-2017, 11:04 AM)

Is it just me or is Crash almost the perfect game to play with a partner or friend? It's almost like it was designed for "Pass the controller" play with the way the levels were designed and paced.

They really are. One of my fondest memories of these games is the time my brother and I convinced my mom to play the Hog Wild level in Crash 1. She hooted and hollered, leaned into every turn, and shrieked every time she died. It was an absolute riot. After that evening the Crash games became a part of our family game night rotation.

I'm gonna get them all to play the remaster this weekend. They're all looking forward to it. 😁
SegaManAU
(06-29-2017, 11:09 AM)
I'm so excited for this game. I honestly haven't felt this way about a game in such a long time!

Right in the nostalgia! Can't wait until tomorrow!!!
13ruce
Banned
(06-29-2017, 11:09 AM)
Copy is shipped😎 can't wait to play these games for the first time ever.
Napalm_Frank
(06-29-2017, 11:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Nev

When's the reviews?

82~ is my prediction.

In about 5 hours if my shitty timezone knowledge is correct.

78 my prediction.
BluenoseGames
(06-29-2017, 11:15 AM)

Originally Posted by disappeared

NOW WILL YOU ALL FINALLY PIPE DOWN AND STOP ASKING FOR THIS!?

:p

Not until we get CTR :p
I'm hella excited for tomorrow.
stargateheaven
(06-29-2017, 11:21 AM)
Just got mine

Anyone hoping to play crash 2 or 3 first will have an extra wait. They install in order.

Also a super tiny patch was there.
Nesther
(06-29-2017, 11:22 AM)
Copy just arrived! Really excited to dive back into Crash.
Stop It
(06-29-2017, 11:28 AM)

Originally Posted by stargateheaven

Just got mine

Anyone hoping to play crash 2 or 3 first will have an extra wait. They install in order.

Originally Posted by Nesther

Copy just arrived! Really excited to dive back into Crash.

I hate you both :)
shmoglish
(06-29-2017, 11:31 AM)
Switching between Crash Bandigod, Nier and Elite will make a great weekend. Hope all of you enjoy this game.
Suburban Thug
(06-29-2017, 11:31 AM)
Debating on if I should buy this tomorrow. Was just going to get Ratchet off PSN and don't really have the budget for Crash but can swing it if I really want to. Trying to decide if it will drop in price quickly...
TheChamp
(06-29-2017, 11:34 AM)
Hoping the secret level in the first game is still in
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(06-29-2017, 11:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Suburban Thug

Debating on if I should buy this tomorrow. Was just going to get Ratchet off PSN and don't really have the budget for Crash but can swing it if I really want to. Trying to decide if it will drop in price quickly...

Yeah, I've decided to hold off for the time being as I'm currently halfway through GTA5 and, as far as the PS4 in particular is concerned, still need to finish Horizon.
ZeroX03
(06-29-2017, 11:42 AM)

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

https://twitter.com/JBHiFi/status/880267077231181826/

Well fuck, just preordered digitally on the US store. Oh well! Preloading now!
Nesther
(06-29-2017, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by stargateheaven

Just got mine

Have you gotten any relics yet? I thought I'd have to go through time trials to get them, but alas nothing happens.

Edit: Nvm, checking the leaderboards shows you what time you need to achieve for the relics. I must be doing something really wrong as I'm almost 10 seconds away from platinum relics, haha.
IbukiLordSA
(06-29-2017, 11:49 AM)
Looking forward to sitting down with my son and playing these games together.
OléGunner
(06-29-2017, 11:50 AM)
Very nice OT!
What do the sunset/friends/coco packs give for pre-ordering on PSN?

Bout to pull the trigger.
Napalm_Frank
(06-29-2017, 11:54 AM)

Originally Posted by OléGunner

Very nice OT!
What do the sunset/friends/coco packs give for pre-ordering on PSN?

Bout to pull the trigger.

Each pack has a theme and 2 avatars.
Mitochondrion
(06-29-2017, 11:59 AM)
What does the 'N' mean in 'N. Sane'?
Miggy
(06-29-2017, 11:59 AM)
Only one day left. I'm fucking ready!
BrettHeazy
(06-29-2017, 12:01 PM)
do we know if jumping on polar in warp room 2 will grant ten lives still?

it's gotta surely!
Original Famous Ray
(06-29-2017, 12:02 PM)
Gah... Amazon just updated their delivery date to July 4th which certainly isn't going to happen due to the holiday. Guess I won't get the game for awhile. lol Must be doing very well!
silva1991
(06-29-2017, 12:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Mitochondrion

The main villain I think ?

TP-DK
(06-29-2017, 12:03 PM)
Awesome OT, great job!

Ive bought it digital as I know this will be one of those games I sometimes will just play a level or 2 of.
wrestleman
(06-29-2017, 12:07 PM)

The series has a bit of a running theme of abbreviating things that start with N and making the abbreviation into a different word.

Nitrus Brio = N.Brio (sounds like embryo)

Nefarious Tropy = N.Tropy (Entropy)

Or sometimes it's the only name given for them, like N. Gin or N. Tranced (who isn't in these games)

Etc etc.

The one the title most directly refers to is the name of the first of the three islands in the game, North Sanity Island, which of course becomes N.Sanity Island (and thus N.Sanity Beach.)

As said above, N. Cortex is the main villain, but interestingly enough his name is the exception, not the rule, as his full name is the one that has the meaning and not the other way around like the other villains. (Neo Cortex = Neocortex).
OléGunner

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Each pack has a theme and 2 avatars.

Ahh seen. Thanks!
Shredderi
Should arrive tomorrow. Gonna be a good ass weekend!
TheOGB
Banned
(06-29-2017, 12:08 PM)

Nathan, as in Nathan Sane, the man who originally engineered the technology that forms the basis of the Cortex Vortex in 1867

It's just a play on a naming convention of the series.
Banzai
(06-29-2017, 12:08 PM)

In N. Sane, nothing. Only N. Cortex is short for Neo Cortex, other villains like N. Brio (~embryo) N.Gin (~ engine), N. Tropy (~ entropy) are just word play.

edit: way late and inaccurate
wrestleman
(06-29-2017, 12:12 PM)

Originally Posted by BrettHeazy

do we know if jumping on polar in warp room 2 will grant ten lives still?

it's gotta surely!

It's a trophy.
silva1991
(06-29-2017, 12:14 PM)
I will be surprised if the MC is under 80. Having played the games on PS3 few years ago and the first game few months ago I don't think the trilogy aged any worse than KH games

Expecting low-mid 80s.
OléGunner
(06-29-2017, 12:21 PM)
I can't stop binging on old Crash playthroughs in anticipation of this remaster.
Undrey
(06-29-2017, 12:24 PM)
I expect a lot of "gameplay hasn't aged well" or "stuck in the past" and lower scores, like every non-Nintendo platformer these days.

That said, I don't think scores will affect the sales that much, whoever's played the games when they first came out will know if they want the trilogy or not.