Originally Posted by Drillary Clinton
In terms of what?
Magic damage and support (once he gets Haste he becomes amazing). There's a reason why Light / Fang / Hope is the standard team set up in the end endgame.
Originally Posted by PsionBolt
Maybe in raw combat terms, sure, but the utility of a thief puts her ahead of a ton of units. Your team is better off fielding a non-fighter with utility over the twelfth kinda-good-fighter any day of the week.
FE has plenty of useless combat units you could list instead, though. Like Clive in Echoes, for a recent example, or to stick with FE6, Wendy.
She is objectively outclassed by a thieves you get earlier than her and absolutely offers nothing of value to the team. Unquestionably one of the very worst units in the game, if not the series.
Originally Posted by miller.skippins
Amarant Coral from FF9...
i swear even that quina weird eating monster is better than him..
He's one of the top damage dealers and has amazing support in the form of Aura. Quina is top tier as well...
Originally Posted by warheat
Morgana is a useless cat, Ryuji were right because there's nothing Makoto can't do better.
1. Salvation vs Mediarahan, at this point, almost all negative ailments will be cured by your teammates free due to Social Link. Salvation also costs more MP than Mediarahan hence there's no point in choosing Salvation to Mediarahan.
2. Samarecarm, revive skill is almost always a waste in SMT, you better save that skill slot and use item instead.
3. Makoto has Marakukaja.
4. Makoto has better damage spell.
5. Makoto hit harder than Morgana.
6. Makoto strongest gun has +10 stats which is the best in the game, even Joker strongest gun cannot compare.
7. Morgana equip sucks ass because he's a cat, hence his armor option is limited.
8. Morgana has Miracle punch which is pretty useless late game, you are better off with Joker special gun abilities.
That good enough for you?
Your comparisons are honestly pretty weak considering you only factored endgame potential (and Makoto's overrated gun).
Here's the score:
1) Morgana straight up gets healing skills earlier than Makoto, making him a better support option for a while
2) Makoto gets Marakukaja in her 40s
3) Miracle Punch makes Morgana better at fighting random encounters / minibosses than Makoto
Granted, she ends up being better because the role compression is unparalleled, but even then, Morgana is more than viable as a support unit, even on Hard and spends a good portion of the game being better than her.
Originally Posted by mindsale
Even with all the duds in Fire Emblem and Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy, I'll go with a controversial pick, too - Marle from Chrono Trigger.
Edit: Her design is great even if her spritework isn't, and she's outpaced by everyone else in terms of damage. Couple that with her dedicated role as healer being stepped on by heals from people with actual combat utility like Frog and Ayla, and she's only really useful for Techs and battles of attrition.
Frog is weaker. Marle's duel techs, healing (when she's the primary healer) and eventual Haste put her over what Frog can do. She isn't bad at all.