• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

*sigh*

I can't take those days off from work either. I think they're purposefully trying to minimize the amount of people who will play the beta.

The game is supposed to release in 2018, and if they have a beta already, I'd hope that this game drops in the spring.

I hope so. With Bandai Namco typically "Early 201X" just means "before July"

So much for that strategic marvel killer narrative lol

Beta times are worse than Gundam for me. Would have been way better in August since I wouldn't have had classes. But I'll make it work for at least one of the times

Edit: oh that's a weekend anyways. I'll be able to play during 2 of them for sure

It's a ticket, not a beta. The beta download is not available yet

But how do I get the ticket?
Do I need Playstation Plus, at least on one of my accounts?
I'm in the Japanese Playstation store and on the Dragon Ball Fighterz Beta.
It let's me thumb up the product or rate it with stars.

The button beneath is grayed out

Tsunamo

Ironically the Japanese beta times will probably be best for me being one hour behind JST. All the European betas have been awful for me because they're catered to Europes time whereas in Australia that comes down to weird hours.

Shame about the sessions being rather short though.
But how do I get the ticket?
Do I need Playstation Plus, at least on one of my accounts?
I'm in the Japanese Playstation store and on the Dragon Ball Fighterz Beta.
It let's me thumb up the product or rate it with stars.

The button beneath is grayed out
I might be wrong, but if i'm right you've already clicked on it to register.
After that the button goes away because you've already purchased it/clicked it.

nillapuddin

Really should just open that whole weekend up, from a competitive stand point it will dominate the news (which we are all expecting to be very positive) and kill alot of the hype for infinite, good for business.

Also allowing for people of every job, position in life etc to play would be such a good move in the eyes of fans.

Supremely disappointed if it holds true, they are literally hitting a home run with everything they have done so far, this is a misstep I hope they reevaluate

edit:
legitimately don't know why closed betas even exist anymore, with more people gaming now than ever, and more people willing to try anything for free, you're costing yourself potential customers with these limited, scheduled trials.

Asd202

Why they are fucking up the Beta? Getting more pople is a good thing but this timed shit makes it fucking garbage. Those times makes it very apparent they do not want people from all regions to play at the same time. I'm expecting servers to be shit.

edit:
legitimately don't know why closed betas even exist anymore, with more people gaming now than ever, and more people willing to try anything for free, you're costing yourself potential customers with these limited, scheduled trials.

How exactly?

Like I'm not exactly happy about the chosen times either, but I don't see how they're costing them customers vs not having a beta at all.

and I mean I get it. These aren't demos of convenience. They're tests with a purpose that I'm hoping to be chosen for.

mooncakes

Do you guys think they will add tri-jumps in this game? The only character that I remembered having them in any ASW fighting games is Bedman.

nillapuddin

How exactly?

Like I'm not exactly happy about the chosen times either, but I don't see how they're costing them customers vs not having a beta at all.

and I mean I get it. These aren't demos of convenience. They're tests with a purpose that I'm hoping to be chosen for.

If any game has a free open beta, all they need is a few dashboard advertisements and they will have some previously unknown users fall into it.

I dont feel like its a stretch to say that free open betas have more potential to bring in more unique players than a closed beta...

Specifically in this case, Id imagine DBZ resonates strongly with alot of the 25-35 demo in the USA and I would bet some casual gamers who used to love DBZ growing up would try a free weekend beta even if they didn't know about the game beforehand. A hellova lot more than they might not go to some website and hope for a ticket to then play the game at 2 in the morning for one day.

Slaythe

If any game has a free open beta, all they need is a few dashboard advertisements and they will have some previously unknown users fall into it.

I dont feel like its a stretch to say that free open betas have more potential to bring in more unique players than a closed beta...

Specifically in this case, Id imagine DBZ resonates strongly with alot of the 25-35 demo in the USA and I would bet some casual gamers who used to love DBZ growing up would try a free weekend beta even if they didn't know about the game beforehand. A hellova lot more than they might not go to some website and hope for a ticket to then play the game at 2 in the morning for one day.

As he told you, this isn't a demo. This is only to get data so that they can improve the netcode and matchmaking, the servers etc...

It's a closed beta, they want to let the hardcore fans get in, that would buy the game anyway, that's nice of them. This isn't meant for casuals. For that they can have a demo shortly before the game's release.

Getting casual players on a beta of a fighting game that's unfinished and will most likely have a lot of issues is certainly not the best way to get them on board anyway.

They're not trying to advertise anything with this, they just want data.

shaowebb

Training mode NEEDS to be called the HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER.

If training mode is anything but that It will be a grave oversight.

nillapuddin

As he told you, this isn't a demo. This is only to get data so that they can improve the netcode and matchmaking, the servers etc...

It's a closed beta, they want to let the hardcore fans get in, that would buy the game anyway, that's nice of them. This isn't meant for casuals. For that they can have a demo shortly before the game's release.

Getting casual players on a beta of a fighting game that's unfinished and will most likely have a lot of issues is certainly not the best way to get them on board anyway.

They're not trying to advertise anything with this, they just want data.

We can't just change our wordage and whole perspective all the sudden, they never said network test, they said beta. So the expectations, were for a beta.

When they announced this beta, it's fair to say it was never inferred it would be for 2(?) hours a day for 3 days. Pretty safe bet that everyone in this thread was salivating at poop-socking this game for an entire weekend.

Now, yes it clearly seems this is more for testing, but they aren't reflecting that in their statements, and my statement was not necessarily relevant to this game in particular, it was in general 'i don't know why closed betas even exist anymore', then my next statement 'open beta bring in more unique users than closed betas' was questioned. I feel like both are still applicable.

Either way, let's just agree, we all wish it was 24/7 because we are clearly all interested in this game since we are on a private video game enthusiast forum talking about it. Bring on the 2am bullshit and let's pray to get killed by people who used web bots to get all the codes.

DrDogg

I don't know if the times listed on that tweet are correct. The official PR I got from Bandai Namco says the time zone is CST, but listed them as UK times. CST would be Central US, but since they stated it was UK times it may have been a typo for CEST. I've asked for clarification but haven't heard anything back yet.

If the times in the PR are CEST (UK) we get this:
  • September 16, 1:00am - 4:00am PT
  • September 16, 9:00am - 12:00pm PT
  • September 16, 5:00pm - 8:00pm PT
  • September 17, 12:00pm - 3:00pm PT

If the times in the PR are CST (US) we get this:
  • September 16, 9:00am - 12:00pm PT
  • September 16, 5:00pm - 8:00pm PT
  • September 17, 1:00am - 4:00am PT
  • September 17, 8:00pm - 11:00pm PT

Original Press Release said:
EUROPE (UK) CST
  • 1st Session* 10:00am - 13:00pm (Saturday)
  • 2nd Session* 18:00pm - 21:00pm (Saturday)
  • 3rd Session* 2:00am - 5:00am (Sunday)
  • 4th Session* 21:00pm - 00:00am (Sunday/Monday)
*Timings are subject to change.

Do you guys think they will add tri-jumps in this game?

Probably not no.

The only character that I remembered having them in any ASW fighting games is Bedman.

Yeah but the way Bedman performs them is pretty different from how tri-dashes are performed in Marvel.

But yeah my guess is that this game is not trying to emulate marvel movement or mixup options on any level. Tridashes probably won't be a thing and wavedashing/button dashing is 100% confirmed not a thing in the current build of the game

mas8705

Well that's good then for them, isn't it? This means that when the flood gates finally open, they might be able to allow so many more people into the beta (and thus will hopefully mean alot of people will buy the game when it comes out). If delaying the beta means that alot more than just 10,000 people get in, I'm all for it and can wait a bit longer for the game to drop.

As for this tenth fighter, that is pretty awesome to know that we are going to see at least one more. I'm just trying to figure out which solo character that could be introduced at this point, to which I am leaning towards Tien.

Mind you that I would love to see King Piccolo, but it is difficult to say the kind of representation we'll see out of the original Dragon Ball if we were to be so lucky.

AESplusF

Well that's good then for them, isn't it? This means that when the flood gates finally open, they might be able to allow so many more people into the beta (and thus will hopefully mean alot of people will buy the game when it comes out). If delaying the beta means that alot more than just 10,000 people get in, I'm all for it and can wait a bit longer for the game to drop.

As for this tenth fighter, that is pretty awesome to know that we are going to see at least one more. I'm just trying to figure out which solo character that could be introduced at this point, to which I am leaning towards Tien.

Mind you that I would love to see King Piccolo, but it is difficult to say the kind of representation we'll see out of the original Dragon Ball if we were to be so lucky.

I'm with you on Tien, judging by the producer's response I'd say he's got a good chance

patchday

ASW was super good hype for this game. That really got my attention. Plus I've been wanting a DBZ fighting game for a long time. I had hopes DBZ Xenoverse 1 would fit the bill but was greeted by RNG ontop of RNG instead (but thats good for Destiny/Diablo fans but not so good for traditional DBZ fighting fans)

Anyway, I wish release was this Christmas. I really dont care much bout beta cause I'm buying the game regardless. I still would sign up I guess but no biggie I dont get in

But this works out for ASW I've brought many of their games. So much content in Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 guys. I've bout 20 hrs invested and still havent touched multiplayer yet although I will after I finally finish all these missions, story mode, and towers LOL. And I mean its geniune jam packed with content. I'm not even touching that fishing stuff.

Zubz

Banned
The additional character's obviously 10shinhan.

I'd love 18 as well, but I wouldn't want her to debut without 16 & 17 in tow.

Top Bottom