• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Proper look at the 'Be True' Flyknit Racers. June 1st.
nike-flyknit-racer-be-true-902366-100-1.jpg

nike-flyknit-racer-be-true-902366-100-3.jpg

nike-flyknit-racer-be-true-902366-100-4.jpg

nike-flyknit-racer-be-true-902366-100-6.jpg

nike-flyknit-racer-be-true-902366-100-2.jpg

Never tried the PureBoosts, but how are the newer ones different from the old version?

OG Pure Boost?

They're the Pure Boost 2s from a couple years ago.

The new ones...the Boost/energy transfer back is simply not the same, it seemed extremely stiff. After 20 minutes of walking my dog in the new pair, my feet legit started to hurt.

I got home, put on the old pair just to make sure I wasn't crazy and sure enough, it felt worlds better.

Truly disappointed. I'm not sure what Adidas did, but whatever they did, the downgrade was very noticeable.

soultron

Banned
NikeLab Vaporfly 4%

This is the type of stuff that NikeLab should be doing, not just releasing all black/white colour ways.

I want these but I feel like only wearing them for casual walking/everyday use you'd basically be like that kid who buys the skateboard and carries it everywhere without ever riding it.

shira

I want these but I feel like only wearing them for casual walking/everyday use you'd basically be like that kid who buys the skateboard and carries it everywhere without ever riding it.

Are those even made for multi use wear?

I thought they were one race and they are done.

I wanted to know if anyone had some pro tips on how to best clean white boost.

The pics I took show some slight discolouration and it does not seem to be going away. To clean my shoes I use the Jason Markk cleaning product along with soft and hard bristle brushes. Its really good for the majority of the dirt, but I just cant seem to get the more intense stuff out.
(am i just being way too ocd?)

Oo9Pyy9l.jpg

wtYSjQCl.jpg

wFKUnnWl.jpg

Yeah it's why I'm shying away from boost stuff unless I really like it.

I'm loving my Qasas so I might start getting more tubulars. The new tubular dooms are fucking sick.

Those are nice.

How is the sizing on tubulars? I hear a lot of people say they run large. Anyone here with experience?

Why the fuck is Adidas so bloody inconsistent with sizing. So I am a 10.5 in an NMD R1, 11 in and NMD XR1 and now the 11 CS2s are a little tight. 11.5 might work better but i don't know if I have the patience to switch.

suplex

any opinions on Jordan "new love"? I know those are mids, but man...I think I want them.

By the time I realized I coulda got them for under $75 shipped with a 20% coupon and that $20 off $100 giftcard Nike gave out it was too late.

They are definitely a nice colorway despite being mids.

gotoadgo

I wanted to know if anyone had some pro tips on how to best clean white boost.

The pics I took show some slight discolouration and it does not seem to be going away. To clean my shoes I use the Jason Markk cleaning product along with soft and hard bristle brushes. Its really good for the majority of the dirt, but I just cant seem to get the more intense stuff out.
(am i just being way too ocd?)

Oo9Pyy9l.jpg

wtYSjQCl.jpg

wFKUnnWl.jpg

The only thing you could try is something that whitens soles of shoes, like https://angelusdirect.com/products/sole-bright

Spent the day wearing my NMD R2s running errands and the more I wear them, the less comfortable I'm finding them and it's bumming me out. The heel plug is where I'm finding the discomfort after an hour or so.

Might be one and done with the R2s but I hope not.

Acrylic7

Nike dropping waaaay too many shoes.
Seem like every week there is another shoes I really want. I have to decide between these or the Air Max 1 Premium Black Diamonds.

Nike SF-AF1 Mid “Tiger Camo” Releases On June 8th

Hi guys. Slowly getting more and more into sneakers. I'm getting my first pair of Nike Air Sock Racers Ultra Flyknit. (God that's a mouthful.)

Are these really supposed to be worn without socks?? (Ordered them online so I can't try 'em on for myself to see how that would feel.) Do most people just wear it with socks anyway? If not, how do you clean and wash it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you want to go with the sockless look get ankle socks.

If not prepare to invest in foot deodorizers.

I think they'll look fine with socks though.

acohrs

Or get the invisible socks, the ones that essentially serve as a really thin cotton layer between your foot and the shoe, lifesavers

Hi guys. Slowly getting more and more into sneakers. I'm getting my first pair of Nike Air Sock Racers Ultra Flyknit. (God that's a mouthful.)

Are these really supposed to be worn without socks?? (Ordered them online so I can't try 'em on for myself to see how that would feel.) Do most people just wear it with socks anyway? If not, how do you clean and wash it?
Which ones you getting? NikeLab or regular release? If its regular you can grab them here with 25% off (Use code STYLED).

Tts, but i dunno about the sizing on these. Haven't gotten them yet.
You might be ok then depending on how you like them to fit and whether your feet are wide/narrow. I got the black pair last week but had to return them because they were huge. I grabbed the same size as I do Flyknit Racers/UBs but I could have gone a full size down in them they were that big.

Are those even made for multi use wear?

I thought they were one race and they are done.
Race style running shoes have lighter upper construction and grippier, but minimal, rubber on the outsole to make them optimized for race day. But they're not really 'one and done' kicks, but the treadwear lasts a lot less than your everyday running shoe...whereas a regular running shoe lasts like 300-500 running miles, a race shoe can only last like 100-150 running miles. Kinda think of race shoes like high performance track-use tires on a sports car, awesome grip but very short treadwear.

That said, peeps rock all kinds of race style running shoes for everyday casual wear, like the Nike Flyknit Racer and the Nike Lunaracer 3...and the soles are very comfy cuz they're optimized for racing. These NikeLab Zoom Vaporfly 4% are similar. Race shoes will last a very long time under casual use.

Fjordson

The Ronin city sock 2's just restocked on Adidas! Managed to snag a pair.

And I was thinking of paying the $240-250 resell soon, glad I held out.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Flight Bonafides look both better and worse in person. The mid-sole isn't as glossy as I expected (good) but also has lots of tiny rubber "hangnails" presumably from the manufacturing mold. Looks cheap, Nike. 🤔 Husband likes the flyknit more than the PK on his Tubular Dooms, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, i kinda liked the deep blue.

Also i have way too many light coloured shoes and making them stay light coloured is a nightmare. :p

dmshaposv

505225358_1_ShoeSide

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_1_1.jpg

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_6_1.jpg

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_2_1.jpg

Any hype on the new Y-3 Ayero silhouette?

This is a sexy silhouette. Love how they incorporated the 3 stripes in the sole unit.

but its y-3 so gonna cost a fortune.

Top Bottom