• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I've watched this season is My Hero Academia and Cinderella Girls Theatre.

I thought Cinderella Girls Theatre would be to Cindy Gals as Puchimas was to OG iM@S, but it really isn't. The Producer is a complete non entity rather than the butt of jokes Puchi P is, and to make matter worse, some "skits" are completely absent of jokes - literally just a scene to say "it's this idol!". That is all well and good except that's what the "serious" series was for. Here I was expecting them to take these one note characters and have fun with them. Such a waste of potential. Basically just looking out for Miku episodes now since she's the only saving grace.

That Cinderella thing is the anime you post gif about right? Seemed funny, I loved that My Hero edit you did. Shame you seem to dislike it so much.

But yeaaaa! A MHA partner! I kind of knew you were watching it, but I wasn't so sure since you don't really post much about what your watching.
-------------------------------
Kabukibu 5-6

I find the whole thing about facing the conflict of having trouble to make Kabuki understandable to a younger audience fascinating. For us reading subs it's easy to miss, but they seem to use very hard and complicated words for it. I feel the whole Ebihara and Akutsu situation will be the main bang into it. Really curious to see how how Kurusu got around it. Akutsu's new haircut is much much better! I hated the whole red and yellow.

The new boy Kazuma is also up there with Kurusu for best boy. Hope he gets more screen time.

Also god dammit. That mom better not screw anything.

DAt_GQxu_Xs_AEbp_N-.jpg

Why does that ad look so evil?...

...I mean, I guess bread is Satan's food.

I had to immediately pause when I saw that so I could take a screenshot and post it to my discord group. I/we can't believe there was a reference to something Canadian in an anime, let alone this anime.

I had to immediately pause when I saw that so I could take a screenshot and post it to my discord group. I/we can't believe there was a reference to something Canadian in an anime, let alone this anime.

They got a place in Tokyo:
http://beavertails.jp/shop

And that picture of that kid is on their site as well :p
http://beavertails.jp/wp-content/themes/beavertails/images/lib/index/slide04.jpg

Edit: That food truck they got is at LaQua Tokyo Dome City. Guess I was right about that then :p

Kabukibu's episode 7 subs are completely out of sync...it's like not just a second or 3, it's like minutes out of sync!

Dammit Amazon...why can't you let me watch Kabukibu :(

Line_HTX

I know that Kado is an underrated gem that has risen considerably, but I still think The King's Avatar is way underrated despite the dumb Gary Stu'ing.

Sounds like canada has a lot of problems that are not present in the us ones.
And I am asking myself how they can fuck it up so badly...I am only watching one show from them as well, I can imagine other shows have problems too. Think somebody said one show just had no subs. Really hope they can get their service too an acceptable level.

John Blade

Playing CLANNAD visual novel game and liking it so far. Man...those character animation (mostly the eye) is giving me flashback of older anime. Make me like the anime a bit more in the animation side.

Tsuki ga Kirei - 07

Finally the others know. It was beginning to be so annoying seeing them push these 2 way. And of course, them not knowing how to act only made things worse.

Aki-at

Princess Jellyfish - 6

Not sure why I'm blasting through this series so fast but I am. Shu getting completely screwed over here by the career woman, pretty much sunk his chances with Tsukimi too but he never stood a realistic chance being a secondary character.

I wonder if Kado is gonna go nuts tomorrow or if it's gonna continue to slowly build up.

I'll probably start watching it when people start going ballistic about it.

I need a new Samurai Flamenco kind of show. The kind of show that just says SCREW IT and goes balls to the walls, 0-11 crazy in the most unpredictable kind of ways.

Playing CLANNAD visual novel game and liking it so far. Man...those character animation (mostly the eye) is giving me flashback of older anime. Make me like the anime a bit more in the animation side.

I appreciate what KyoAni did with the designs in Kannon and Clannad. They made them a lot better. :)

Planetes 19

Hachimaki sure is a selfish jerk, huh? His outburst at Cheng-Shin at the end was just a childish temper tantrum. Bet he didn't call Tanabe after the final test like he said he would either.

John Blade

Well...just save my game on Clannad and will continue playing a bit more. For now, it's following the same story from the anime so, that's good. I just want to see if they is any major difference from the anime and this game. Is been a while since I play visual novel game so, this might get me back into it a bit.

I don't believe you.

Well, not when YOU start going ballistic about it since you go ballistic about everything.

And I meant ballistic in the sense that something bat-shit insane happens causing reactions to be a cavalcade of people screaming in disbelief, not knowing what they were watching anymore.

Planetes 20

Uhhh...
Even with the shock of Hachimaki's verbal lashing, I have difficulty squaring Cheng-Shin's sexual assault of Tanabe as soon as he sees her upon his return from Earth with his character as depicted up to this point. A very unpleasant scene.

Cornbread78

Tsuki ga Kirei ep.7
(This scene put a huge smile on my face)

This show continues to nail the awkwardness of young relatioships and how it affects those around them. The boy stepped up and handled the situation well to get his girl to spent time with him and assert his relationship with her. Bravo for keeping it a subtle scene and not turning the drama on super high right there. Also, some really cute scenes with these two kids...

Sherlock

How did I miss out on this for so long. Fantastic first episode. Witty, charming, and funny. Cast seems anime enough, so it counts!

Holy fucking shit psycho changed his avatar

End of a fucking era

Yeah. I don't like to do it too often. So, usually, if I change it, it needs to be something I am comfortable sticking with for a long time.

Was going back and forth on it for the last few days but decided to go with it. Definitely feels like a transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom