• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

fireblade21

Neo Member
Don't know if this is of any importance but just checked my paypal and all my attempts at trying to purchase something show on paypal as $0 under PreApproved Payments.

This is a shame if it isn't working anymore. I was able to buy Titanfall last Monday using Paypal from the US store (I'm in the UK) and everything went fine.

I'm not sure what my next purchase will be to test it out again.

randomwab

Tried to buy MGS and I'm getting the PBR issue when trying to use PayPal. What's the general consensus regarding this, can speaking to support sort this?

ekim

PayPal also not working for me... :(

Someone want to buy me a 30$ Gift Card online code from amazon.com? I will pay you via paypal. :eek:

nOoblet16

There's a mistake in the OP regarding purchase from Amazon PS store. For you to be able to purchase something from the amazon store the billing address HAS to be American, you can't keep the shipping/primary address american and your billing address to be your actual address, it won't work.

I managed to buy some things off the store in the past but after my 3rd purchase they blocked my account. And the account team by the way is completely useless when it comes to making contact, the customer support in turn asks me to contact the accounts team again and the only way to do it is via email. I've lost 2 more amazon accounts so far after that with zero successful purchases, because they ask me to send my bank statement with my bank's number, my address, my name and phone number in it (the one detail that my statement lacks) so they never process it. And the way you send them this detail is via Fax yea fuckin Fax, not email or anything. So it's an indirect contact.

There's a mistake in the OP regarding purchase from Amazon PS store. For you to be able to purchase something from the amazon store the billing address HAS to be American, you can't keep the shipping/primary address american and your billing address to be your actual address, it won't work.

I managed to buy some things off the store in the past but after my 3rd purchase they blocked my account. And the account team by the way is completely useless when it comes to making contact, the customer support in turn asks me to contact the accounts team again and the only way to do it is via email. I've lost 2 more amazon accounts so far after that with zero successful purchases, because they ask me to send my bank statement with my bank's number, my address, my name and phone number in it (the one detail that my statement lacks) so they never process it. And the way you send them this detail is via Fax yea fuckin Fax, not email or anything. So it's an indirect contact.
Are you sure it was not your bank causing problems? Many people regularly buy things from Amazon US just using a shipping address.

That said here is an idea. Have two Amazon accounts. Account A buys a gift card in $ using your actual billing and shipping address. Account B redeems card and has no billing info in the account, ending any conflict there (some people do this to gives kids their own account while controlling how much they can spend).

nOoblet16

Are you sure it was not your bank causing problems? Many people regularly buy things from Amazon US just using a shipping address.

That said here is an idea. Have two Amazon accounts. Account A buys a gift card in $ using your actual billing and shipping address. Account B redeems card and has no billing info in the account, ending any conflict there (some people do this to gives kids their own account while controlling how much they can spend).
Nope, there is no way it has anything to do with my bank. My bank is TSB.

And yes you can buy stuff off Amazon US just using the shipping address but not for the digital products, for that the billing address needs to be american otherwise the checkout option will be greyed out, change it to an american and you can go forth, although in every single case it has ended up blocking my account instead.

Siegfried

Ok guys, this seems to be an address check from Microsoft, Paypal will probably never work again unless someone manages to find a way to match the address we use on paypal to the US address we use on our consoles.

Things that are working now:

Put your credit card on a Canadian account (the address won't be checked with your credit card info so it will pass). The store is pretty much the same and prices should be even a little cheaper, since the monetary value of a Canadian $ is less than the value of US$ (still have to confirm that when my credit card bill arrives).

Be warned that you can only buy using your console, if you try using Xbox.com you will still get the PBR9002 error, so I think Microsoft is still making changes to the system and this will no longer work soon.

You can buy Microsoft points from amazon and transfer them to a US account and buy things using them. What you have to do is this:

Buy a gift card from amazon and have it delivered to your e-mail.
Get the code and apply it to your account.
Go buy and online code for microsoft points.
When you are on the checkout screen you'll still see your credit card info there, but since you have a gift card in your account, Amazon will use it before and so 0,00 will be charged in your credit card. Since in the end, Amazon will not try to use your credit card, you can put an US address in the checkout, so you can buy the online code that is restricted for US only.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but the steps are this.

1- Buy gift card for yourself.
2- Redeem it in your account.
3- Add and US Address to your account.
4- Buy online code for microsoft points using the US Address as the delivery info.
5- Redeem code on X-Box.com
6- Buy whatever you want from the US Store.

Me and my friends came out with all those methods and I personally tried them all.

Forgot to add, contacting support regardin this issue is useless now, they will get back to you saying that there are inconsistencies with your billing info and you have to correct them to get everything working again.

ekim

Ok guys, this seems to be an address check from Microsoft, Paypal will probably never work again unless someone manages to find a way to match the address we use on paypal to the US address we use on our consoles.

Things that are working now:

Put your credit card on a Canadian account (the address won't be checked with your credit card info so it will pass). The store is pretty much the same and prices should be even a little cheaper, since the monetary value of a Canadian $ is less than the value of US$ (still have to confirm that when my credit card bill arrives).

Be warned that you can only buy using your console, if you try using Xbox.com you will still get the PBR9002 error, so I think Microsoft is still making changes to the system and this will no longer work soon.

You can buy Microsoft points from amazon and transfer them to a US account and buy things using them. What you have to do is this:

Buy a gift card from amazon and have it delivered to your e-mail.
Get the code and apply it to your account.
Go buy and online code for microsoft points.
When you are on the checkout screen you'll still see your credit card info there, but since you have a gift card in your account, Amazon will use it before and so 0,00 will be charged in your credit card. Since in the end, Amazon will not try to use your credit card, you can put an US address in the checkout, so you can buy the online code that is restricted for US only.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but the steps are this.

1- Buy gift card for yourself.
2- Redeem it in your account.
3- Add and US Address to your account.
4- Buy online code for microsoft points using the US Address as the delivery info.
5- Redeem code on X-Box.com
6- Buy whatever you want from the US Store.

Me and my friends came out with all those methods and I personally tried them all.

Forgot to add, contacting support regardin this issue is useless now, they will get back to you saying that there are inconsistencies with your billing info and you have to correct them to get everything working again.

I don't get it - buy a gift card to buy microsoft points? I thought MS Points don't exist anymore?

Siegfried

I don't get it - buy a gift card to buy microsoft points? I thought MS Points don't exist anymore?

Well, yeah, it's not points anymore, it's a code for money you redeem in your account. same thing, different name.

Anyway, this is the item I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4CEHNK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can't buy it with your credit card if your billing address is not in the US, so that's the reason for the workaround with the gift card.

Sorry for double post.

I've completely re-written the OP to make things as clear as I can. The old post is still available as a pastebin link in the new OP.

If you have anything to post read the OP first.

Tattooth

Ugh, this still isn't working for me. I've tried both Paypal and debit card, and I get "Use a different way to pay" every time. It can't be my card because I've bought stuff with $ before, I've even used it in America. Anyone with a Santander card have it working?

Seanbob11

Ugh, this still isn't working for me. I've tried both Paypal and debit card, and I get "Use a different way to pay" every time. It can't be my card because I've bought stuff with $ before, I've even used it in America. Anyone with a Santander card have it working?

My santander card still works. I just bought Assassins creed 4 just to test. Now I'm not that fussed about the game :/

This seems like the stupidest thing to clamp down on. Would really love to know MS reasoning for this...

Siegfried

Sorry for double post.

I've completely re-written the OP to make things as clear as I can. The old post is still available as a pastebin link in the new OP.

If you have anything to post read the OP first.

All the methods that I posted are for people that like me, have a card that simply won't work on the US Store. If you have a card that you can put there without an error message because of the different address, it's by far the easiest method. If you're like me and can't put your card there, Amazon is a safe method that will work for everyone and Canada worked for me and my friends.

Just be aware of the prices. Usually they're the same, but Metal Gear for example was released at 34.99 in the Canadian Store.

Seanbob11

All the methods that I posted are for people that like me, have a card that simply won't work on the US Store. If you have a card that you can put there without an error message because of the different address, it's by far the easiest method. If you're like me and can't put your card there, Amazon is a safe method that will work for everyone and Canada worked for me and my friends.

Just be aware of the prices. Usually they're the same, but Metal Gear for example was released at 34.99 in the Canadian Store.

Which address do you use for your card? I tried with my santander with a borderlinx address which wouldn't work. I changed it to my own address but with a US zip code and state and it works a charm.

You're right, I'll include your how-to post in the OP as well.

Siegfried

Which address do you use for your card? I tried with my santander with a borderlinx address which wouldn't work. I changed it to my own address but with a US zip code and state and it works a charm.

I can run more tests, but mine refuses to work unless the zip code is the same (at least that's what I think) and I could not find my zip code in the US. :(

Seanbob11

I can run more tests, but mine refuses to work unless the zip code is the same (at least that's what I think) and I could not find my zip code in the US. :(

Oh no. My postcode is nothing like the one I put in for the US. The the exact same address except a random US zip and correct state.

Tattooth

Holy Shit, that actually worked! I could kiss you on the mouth right now.

Seanbob11

Holy Shit, that actually worked! I could kiss you on the mouth right now.

Sean_connery_raction.gif

Is it still possible to do this on PS4? All mention of it has been removed from OP, which is making me wonder.

No idea. I removed everything in the OP and redid it because it was very unwieldy with a lot of quotes from the thread. It's in the pastebin of the old OP still (link in new OP).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks for this.

Need to make US PSN Account your primary PS4, if you wanna play on UK account etc

ValeYard

I can confirm the OP that contacting support is a bit useless.

I have a UK account, but am in Germany at the moment and my paypal gave me the PBR9002 error. After normal chat and twitter support being useless, my issue was "escalated" to the customer 'care' advocacy team. Now, they are offering me an unauthorized access investigation, which may even leave my account suspended for a while, they still haven't got back to me on that.

I'm starting to wonder why we spend so much on Live annually, if their service is of this quality, it's like talking to the secret service. Maybe all those Fifa hackers are to blame?

My own issues notwithstanding, if you contact customer service and were using a US account to get cheaper deals, which is very understandable considering the extortionate digital pricing elsewhere, you probably don't want to be going down this service path I'm on. I mean, I have real addresses in the UK and Germany, with credit cards I own attached to them, and they still won't fix the issue.

FeiRR

Banned
Thanks for this.

Need to make US PSN Account your primary PS4, if you wanna play on UK account etc
Where did you get that idea from? You can have multiple primary accounts on the same console.

I don't know about Paypal. I buy PSN credit off Amazon.com.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Buy this from Amazon (using Borderlinx [or fake US] address to be able to buy):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDU8H9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(Online Game Card for chosen denomination)
Thanks for posting this link and updating the OP, I had been using paypal and have run into the PBR9002 error, xbox chat were polite but not the most helpful, they did forward the problem to the advocacy team. When (if) they get back I'll update.

EDIT: So I tried to buy $5 gift card and that was OK, when I try to buy $50 and above I get an error (it gets referred), does anyone know if there is a price limit for addresses are cross checked on amazon?

malcher

There is an easier way to do it without using Amazon.com:

1- Buy online code for USD currency from https://www.g2a.com/r/mal (yes, using that link I will benefit from your purchase and you will also get a small discount first time). G2A does not require American address or card. I used PayPal.
2- Add American address to your Xbox account on the console:
2a- On your Xbox One go to Settings>System>Language & Location and change your Location to United States and press reboot.
2b- Go to Settings>Payment & Billing and add the address. Credit card is not required. Mine was not accepted, so only address was added, but the next steps worked anyway.
3- Redeem code on the console or xbox.com
4- Buy from the US Store

I used the method a week ago for US account and then for UK account. Beside avoiding hassle with Amazon's address verification and their gift cards, the prices on G2A are actually cheaper.

J.Edge

Neo Member
Given the ease of the region switching stuff on Xbox One, if I applied a UK gift card to my UK Xbox Live account and then switched regions to the US store - would I still be able to use that credit, or would it only appear in my account when I'm set to the UK region?

Given the ease of the region switching stuff on Xbox One, if I applied a UK gift card to my UK Xbox Live account and then switched regions to the US store - would I still be able to use that credit, or would it only appear in my account when I'm set to the UK region?

No. US region needs US credit. UK credit can only be used in UK region.

Novak

Are XBL gold subscription cards region free now?

In august I migrated my xbl account from US to UK.
Now on XB1 I use that account but I set the console to US store
Should I migrate it back to US?

I've had no luck buying Trials Fusion from Canada via PayPal (the PBR9002 error), and Xbox Support weren't able to help me :(

Anyone found another hassle-free way of getting it working? Buying xbox currency cards seems a little risky as they could end up somehow being region locked and causing issues - or am I being paranoid?

I've had no luck buying Trials Fusion from Canada via PayPal (the PBR9002 error), and Xbox Support weren't able to help me :(

Anyone found another hassle-free way of getting it working? Buying xbox currency cards seems a little risky as they could end up somehow being region locked and causing issues - or am I being paranoid?

Buy currency cards from Amazon or use your CC.

The same is possible for US accounts, but there's a few more steps. Thankfully, the new Amazon PSN store makes it easier.

How to buy on US PSN from the UK (this won't work for PSVita and PSP stuff)

1) You will need a US address. Borderlinx up top will get you one, alternatively use Google.
2) Register for a US PSN account using aforementioned address.
3) Go to Amazon.com
4) Register or log in, and add that US address to your Address Book. Make it default for the .com site.
5) Go to the PS Digital section and buy credit (or games) using your standard credit or debit card with your actual address assigned to said credit or debit card (Amazon doesn't check for address mis-match for digital stuff).
6) Using your PS3 or PS4, log into your US account, and activate the codes.
7) Go forth and buy/download.
I know this is the XBONE thread, but since there's advice on PSN accounts, I'm hoping someone can help. I'm based in the UK and set up a US PSN account via the web. I used Borderlinx to provide the address, and it all went smoothly. I then logged in via the web interface and proceeded to add funds to my wallet via Paypal (I have a UK account). I chose $10 and added it, went via my normal Paypal login. It all went smoothly and I received the following e-mail:
You submitted an order amounting to $10.00 USD to Sony Network Entertainment
Thanks for using PayPal. Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment. You may receive multiple emails as the merchant processes your order.

Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.

To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.
So it looks like Paypal hasn't charged me yet and that it will only do so when Sony processes this order. I would've thought something like this is pretty instant. Does anyone know how long it takes for the funds to be added to my account?

After all of the PSone games on Vita hype and then the access being removed, I'm adamant I want to play the Crash Bandicoots again, even if I have to do it on a PSP / PSP Go.

Thanks.

mike4001_

Maybe someone can help me:

I live in Europe and intend to buy the US Version of Watch Dongs (physical).

Which the game will work due to region free, can there be any problems with DLC?

Has anyone there experience ? - So can I then just download DLC in the european marketplace and use with my US Version ?

Thanks

Which the game will work due to region free, can there be any problems with DLC?

Has anyone there experience ? - So can I then just download DLC in the european marketplace and use with my US Version ?

Thanks

Most likely everything will work fine.

How likely is it that my non-US credit card will work with the Xbox One marketplace, if I put a US address?

Just try, no one can try it for you. Most of the people having problems were because MS stopped the international paypal purchases. Cards were not impacted by that stuff.

wrog

Thanks
No problems, games and DLCs are region free.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
quick question (just doing the amazon.com gift card thing)

When I redeem the xbox code on xbox.com, do I need to be signed in to a US microsoft account, or can I be logged into my normal UK MS account that I use on the xbox?

And when buying from the marketplace, I just need to change the locale, not sign out or create any US xbox account?

Just want to check as it seems the process is different from buying on playstation (where I do have to create and sign in with a US account)

edit: Just bought $100 amazon gift card, all went well. Just tried to use that to buy an xbox $100 gift card and had to change my billing address to Oregon but it let me click continue, then took ages and said 'its taking longer than usual, please wait - it might need some extra checks'. I think I had that when I bought a $50 PSN card too, so hopefully thats ok.

When I redeem the xbox code on xbox.com, do I need to be signed in to a US microsoft account, or can I be logged into my normal UK MS account that I use on the xbox?

You can redeem it on Xbox.com with your regular account, you should probably do it on your Xbox One with the region set to US though. There might be error messages and shit otherwise if the region on Xbox.com is wrong or the system hasn't created your us billing info yet or whatever.

And when buying from the marketplace, I just need to change the locale, not sign out or create any US xbox account?

Just want to check as it seems the process is different from buying on playstation (where I do have to create and sign in with a US account)

Just change the locale, no need for extra accounts or shit like that.

Top Bottom