• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

Muzzy

I don't know this has been posted already (sorry if it's the case), but here is the teaser pic that Ubisoft has released for Rainbow 6.

1298J.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
Official PR for Darksiders 2, announced as a Wii U launch title.

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. Dec 09, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that it will be exclusively premiering an all new trailer for its upcoming action/adventure title Darksiders® II, developed by Vigil Games during the 2011 VGAs on Saturday .

DEATH will be brought to life in this all new piece running exclusively at 8pm Eastern Standard Time / 5pm Pacific Standard Time on SPIKE TV during the VGA show.

Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Management at THQ commented: "We are really looking forward to allowing players to take on the role of the ultimate anti-hero and this trailer gives them a real taste of what it will be like playing DEATH."

Darksiders II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels DEATH through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.

Darksiders II is scheduled to be available for the Xbox®360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Playstation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows® PC in Summer 2012. It is also anticipated to be a launch title for Wii UTM. For more information check www.facebook.com/Darksiders

p01ar

GameTrailers
Some of those trailers that are listed as confirmed will be in the preshow with Hitman. Can't say which ones, sorry.

None of the reveals so far speak to me.

Unless the Bio Reveal ISN'T Command & Conquer, and unless HL3 comes out on-stage.... it's all 'eh' to me.

Jarmel

Banned
Chris Priestly wrote...

Ok, it is a hard part of my job, but I prefer to do what I call "managing expectations". When we do not manage fan expectation, people's imaginations get ahead of them and they see something cool, but since it isn't what they expect, they end up disappointed.

I can say it is not the FemShep trailer.

I can say it is footage not seen previously (not from previous demos, etc) and shows a "cool scene" on a planet that should be familiar to people who played Mass Effect 2.

I'm not going to say any more. This is a nice scene that made me geek out when I saw it. I know ME fans will enjoy it. I'll be watching the VGA awards and tweeting on my @BioEvilChris channel (easier to talk abotu otehr company's games and videos that way) during the show. I hope you all tune in to watch, and don't forget to vote for ME3 as Most Anticipated Game for 2012.

Priestly also later amended the planet comment to a location from ME2. My first instinct is Omega.

GSR

Priestly also later amended the planet comment to a location from ME2. My first instinct is Omega.

Smart money's on that Tuchanka scene with the Reaper vs. the Thresher Maw they showed off to the press way back at the initial announcement but we've yet to see. New for us, no cost for them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey wait, I hope the stream will have the commercials, then.

Or if not, then I'll just look for the trailer the next day.

Jarmel

Banned
Smart money's on that Tuchanka scene with the Reaper vs. the Thresher Maw they showed off to the press way back at the initial announcement but we've yet to see. New for us, no cost for them.

That was my first guess too but when he stated it's more a location than a planet then my backup response was Omega. The Tuchanka scene might be best experienced for the game itself.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So if Tony Hawk, Hitman and Darksiders 2 are not reveals at the show, does that mean there's still one left?

so the truth behind Rising is his team fucked up and Kojima is gonna direct again so they can actually ship it? There is nothing else it could be. Heck its Kojima making the announcement and Kojima is the guy Geoff keeps tweeting about and not the currently announced games director that had at e3 2 years ago.

Well unless that Platinum game thing turns out to be true....

Seeing what the hell that game will be is probably the thing that has me the most curious.

Also I hope the new Tony Hawk game is just THPS5.

His current deal with Activision has to be up in the next few years, Might as well go back and appeal to who made the games popular to start with.

Its that or a Kinect game.

There are 80k VGA threads. Will there be an official one so I know where to go for the goods whence I return from tomorrow night's X-Mas Party?

I do not want to miss the sploojing/disappointment.

Top Bottom