• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SecretBonusPoint said:
They should totally release NMH on PSN and XBL instead of trying to get a publisher in on it to bring it to US/EU.

Wouldn't work.

NMH is more than 2 gigs on the Wii (3.29 gigs) and no amount of compression is going to compensate for the asset size inflation involved in going HD, even if the assets are pretty pitiful :p

786110 said:
God I hope for the PS360 owners sake that this port isn't as abysmal as Killer7 was on the PS2.

I hope for your sake you didn't just make an analogy of GCN:pS2 to Wii:pS360 in terms of hardware.

thefro

786110 said:
God I hope for the PS360 owners sake that this port isn't as abysmal as Killer7 was on the PS2.

It should run pretty well on the 360/PS3, but anyone expecting it to be a "full HD remake" is going to be pretty disappointed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sho_Nuff82 said:
I hope for your sake you didn't just make an analogy of GCN:pS2 to Wii:pS360 in terms of hardware.

The problem wasn't that Killer 7 taxed the hardware, the problem was that it was a shitty port than ran shitty.

Spiegel

Games not in the op.

Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid 2 (PSP):
- Koei
- New characters/monsters/moves
- Infrastructure mode
- Spring 2010

100 man ton no bara bara (PSP):
- Acquire/SCEJ
- Attack huge battleships and destroy it piece by piece

Eye of Judgment (PSP):
- SCEJ
- March 2010

botticus

SecretBonusPoint said:
I seem to remember having this discussion about NMH coming to the HD consoles and being told "it wouldnt happen, motion control is too important!", then the announcement of NMH2 being fully playable with classic controller and now this :lol
The fact that it is happening doesn't negate the idea that motion control is a big part of the game. While I don't begrudge HD console owners the opportunity to play the game, I certainly wouldn't choose higher resolution over Wii controls.

But thankfully the sequel is already on its way so I don't have to worry about the potential of this port selling better than the original and creating a future of exclusively button-mashing NMH. Good news for everyone!

rpmurphy

kenji said:
great news!

so marvelous, where are my little king's story ps360 porting and arc rise fantasia psp porting? :3
I'd rather see an LKS on the DS. It's probably a better fit for the game and the controls. Heck, I just want more LKS, period. :(

They could just revamp the system entirely but ah well there's nowhere enough time for any of that.

Besides the world has enough DMC/Musou clones.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kyoufu said:
Wouldn't No More Heroes be a perfect fit for the Sony Wand controller?

Well it'd have to be wand + DualShock, and since it wouldn't take advantage of any of the things the wand is better at than the Wii Remote, it'd basically be the same as the Wii only worse and inconvenient.

I think it's definitely better to replace gestures with button controls, particularly if the button controls have some sort of feel-good real life mapping like Mirror's Edge or Indigo Prophecy, than it is to try to shoehorn motion controls designed for one motion controller into another motion controller.

savor100

This Suda guy is such a Nintendo fanboy. Releasing a 2 year old Wii game without the awesome controls on HD consoles? This is a slap in the face to 360 owners lol

Jonnyram

Spiegel said:
100 man ton no parapara (PSP):
- Acquire/SCEJ
- Attack huge battleships and destroy it piece by piece
It's Bara Bara - which means "breaking up". It's a product of the PlayStation C.A.M.P., like Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaiki da. Oh, and it looks like it may be PSN download only.

Eye of Judgment (PSP):
- SCEJ
- March 2010
No camera support. Main part is a story mode. Contains all the cards in the PS3 version, including DLC + a few new ones that weren't in it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kozak said:
Also, believe it or not, the placement of the buttons on the Wii remote is not as comfortable as the button placements on the 360/Ps3 controllers.

The only buttons it really used are A, B, C, and Z.

Those are in pretty comfortable positions, if you ask me!

kenji said:
great news!

so marvelous, where are my little king's story ps360 porting and arc rise fantasia psp porting? :3

Word of advice: Himuro got banned for doing this.

Wizpig

Shurs said:
The point you were attempting to make about Chinatown Wars is a reach. You still play it on a portable device.
Ok, sorry about that, ignore the CW remark.
I'm just complaining about companies milking their franchises with out-of-nowhere portings.
I think that NMH 360 is just a porting being made to appeal Japanese, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Also, I'm still pretty sure I'm not posting on some 12-years old kids' forum and seeing a complete stranger telling me to f off after i expose my ideas is a bit "extreme".
It's just annoying, sorry if I sound like a whiner. :|

That said, It's not even a "company" problem here, AA goes from a Nintendo console to another Nintendo console... but I still hate the idea.
EmCeeGramr said:
He was referring to Phoenix Wright for WiiWare, I think.
That it's a game developed for Portables?
Yeah, i was talking about AA.

Stumpokapow said:
The problem wasn't that Killer 7 taxed the hardware, the problem was that it was a shitty port than ran shitty.

Yeah, this is what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that if GCN:pS2 then Wii/PS360 in terms of hardware.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stumpokapow said:
Yes it was. You do realize that the PS2 was weaker hardware than the Gamecube, right? Yes, it wasn't an optimized port, but the port was more difficult due to the fact that PS2 hardware was weaker.

That is obviously not going to be an issue when going from Wii to PS3/360. If anything, the original version of No More Heroes already runs like crap so it could really only get better. It felt like a bad port to begin with on its original platform. They could half ass the 360/PS3 port and it would still probably look and run much better simply due to the fact that the hardware is MUCH stronger.

kenji

Regulus Tera said:
Word of advice: Himuro got banned for doing this.
didn't know, i'm sorry, i'll edit the post

it wasn't a flame post btw, i have a wii and i already played LKS (and waiting for ARF USA) and enjoyed it, and this is why i'd like a port to raise the possibilities to see a sequel

Jonnyram said:
It's Bara Bara - which means "breaking up". It's a product of the PlayStation C.A.M.P., like Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaiki da. Oh, and it looks like it may be PSN download only.

No camera support. Main part is a story mode. Contains all the cards in the PS3 version, including DLC + a few new ones that weren't in it.

Bara Bara is both download and retail.

And it looks so sweet!

Spiegel

Jonnyram said:

Thanks for the correction.

The info about EoJ was already known, the game was announced at Europe last August but not officially for Japan

the-eye-of-judgment-portable-20090820024701665_640w.jpg

the-eye-of-judgment-portable-20090820024700931_640w.jpg

Vamphuntr

Is lufia Ds a remake or not? I skimmed the thread but more than half of the posts are about the NMH port :(. In the scan it seems there's a character named Selena. In the US Lufia II there was a Selan If I remember well. Their artworks are quite similar. Are they the same character? In the japanese version of lufia 2 is her name Selena or Selan (Natsume...)?

Wizpig said:
Ok, sorry about that, ignore the CW remark.
I'm just complaining about companies milking their franchises with out-of-nowhere portings.
I think that NMH 360 is just a porting being made to appeal Japanese, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Also, I'm still pretty sure I'm not posting on some 12-years old kids' forum and seeing a complete stranger telling me to f off after i expose my ideas is a bit "extreme".
It's just annoying, sorry if I sound like a whiner. :|

That said, It's not even a "company" problem here, AA goes from a Nintendo console to another Nintendo console... but I still hate the idea.That it's a game developed for Portables?
Yeah, i was talking about AA.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Kuran, that was a total troll post.
EDIT: I still con't believe people are making a big deal about Ace Attorney on wiiware, it was never the fact that it was portable that made it fun.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Prine said:
The Wii cats bang on about NMH all the time, i've never really been interested in the game, only because they bang on about alot of games that seem bad to me, but the news of its arrival to next gen consoles means i have to check it out. Only if they get the visuals on par with other next gen games.
So you're only interested because it's coming to your console(s) of choice, and you'll pass on a potentially awesome game (it is) if they don't update the visuals to your standard? Wow.

Prine said:
Hopefully, an online component too.

I'm glad more people will have a chance to play NMH. Kinda sad about the amount of console warring going on in this thread, though.

Either way, I don't see how it's more interesting or more important news than Lufia, which is a remake of Lufia 2.

Yaweee

If the PW ports feature a reasonable text speed, I'll bite. Any interest in the story or characters were killed by how damn slow the game was.

Haunted

I really need some Lufia screens.

Jocchan said:
So you're only interested because it's coming to your console(s) of choice, and you'll pass on a potentially awesome game (it is) if they don't update the visuals to your standard? Wow.

dude, it's Prine. guy isn't known for his good taste.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Gotta admit the news this week is kind of sad.

2 ports and a remake? Yikes this gen is blowing eggs.
I'll have to agree in principle, but an under-appreciated game getting another chance in the spotlight isn't something to bemoan, really.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Haunted said:
dude, it's Prine. guy isn't known for his good taste.
I don't doubt that, what surprised me is how people can willingly let their platform preferences dictate them which titles they should selectively ignore, regardless of their quality. This has little to do with taste.

Haunted said:
I'll have to agree in principle, but an under-appreciated game getting another chance in the spotlight isn't something to bemoan, really.
True. This game needs another chance to shine, and the more people are able to play it the better.

Threi

notag
Jocchan said:
True. This game needs another chance to shine, and the more people are able to play it the better.
The character art in NMH is so incredibly underrated. Everyone needs to know of this game's existence.

If I were to create a dream game in my head, NMH's character art would definitely be a part of it (and Nujabes music, but that is another topic)

markatisu

dark10x said:
Yes it was. You do realize that the PS2 was weaker hardware than the Gamecube, right? Yes, it wasn't an optimized port, but the port was more difficult due to the fact that PS2 hardware was weaker.

That is obviously not going to be an issue when going from Wii to PS3/360. If anything, the original version of No More Heroes already runs like crap so it could really only get better. It felt like a bad port to begin with on its original platform. They could half ass the 360/PS3 port and it would still probably look and run much better simply due to the fact that the hardware is MUCH stronger.

Unless it somehow populates the overworld more the only thing that should be evident in the HD version is a better framerate

But upporting to stronger hardware does not change the problems with the game design

I would not mind double dipping as I love the original, but there has to be something substantially better than slightly cleaner graphics and a better framerate

Hopefully it does not bomb like the original, Suda would probably tell Japan to fuck off for good after that :lol

Sadist

Ramenman said:
I hope Grasshopper makes a lot of money with cheap ports so they can keep on bringing us their awesome games.
HD Grasshopper games funding Wii development?

Easy hehe

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yeah, the framerate was pretty horrible on the Wii.
By the way, I'm tired of the criticism against NMH's city: the city was just a disguised hub for you to access the missions/side jobs. Think of Peach's castle in Super Mario 64 with a different setting to fit the game's theme.
Of course it sucks as an "open world" city from a GTA-like game, but it's not meant to be one and if you believe otherwise you're missing the point spectacularly.

Threi

notag
Jocchan said:
Yeah, the framerate was pretty horrible on the Wii.
By the way, I'm tired of the criticism against NMH's city: the city was just a disguised hub for you to access the missions/side jobs. Think of Peach's castle in Super Mario 64 with a different setting to fit the game's theme.
Of course it sucks as an "open world" city from a GTA-like game, but it's not meant to be one and if you believe otherwise you're missing the point spectacularly.
Aye, but you had to put up with it to get the damn lovikov balls :(

It is actually less of a hassle when you get run and you put the camera to 1st person when riding the bike, so the weird physics aren't as apparent (bouncing off cars lol)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Suda used the emptiness of Santa Destroy to convey a sense of loneliness. No More Heroes is a satire of gamers/otakus and the barren city was one way of depicting this satire. The entire game is art, everything has a purpose — even the seemingly useless overworld.

Dascu

Danthrax said:
Suda used the emptiness of Santa Destroy to convey a sense of loneliness. No More Heroes is a satire of gamers/otakus and the barren city was one way of depicting this satire. The entire game is art, everything has a purpose — even the seemingly useless overworld.
That, and it was a lot cheaper and easier to produce.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Threi said:
Aye, but you had to put up with it to get the damn lovikov balls :(

It is actually less of a hassle when you get run and you put the camera to 1st person when riding the bike, so the weird physics aren't as apparent (bouncing off cars lol)
It had too many of those Lovikov balls and too many hidden T-shirts, I can agree with that.
But in the end it was still basically a hub you were meant to run through with your bike, and nothing more.

Danthrax said:
Sorry, but I don't buy such absurd artistic reasons. It's true Suda does do that stuff sometimes but let's not go overboard, shall we?

Any information on dual languages for NMH?

I finally will be able to play the game, I'll be importing 360, but if they take out the English voicework, that would suck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yaweee said:
If the PW ports feature a reasonable text speed, I'll bite. Any interest in the story or characters were killed by how damn slow the game was.
You do know you can just ether touch the screen or push A again, and the whole line will show up, right? Makes it move much faster.

Also, I would like it more if Capcom in America just puts all 3 onto a single disk rather then sell it though Wiiware, but its doubtful.

Yaweee

Drkirby said:
You do know you can just ether touch the screen or push A again, and the whole line will show up, right? Makes it move much faster.

Also, I would like it more if Capcom in America just puts all 3 onto a single disk rather then sell it though Wiiware, but its doubtful.

I believe that was only if you've completed that case before. I just tried, and tapping the screen or A repeatedly did nothing except advance to next page unless all of the text had finished.

Top Bottom