• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

NMH screenshots look nice, the only problem (for me) is japanese version will be probably censored as the Wii one, coins instead of blood.
And Wii version was Cero D, i really doubt they will release a Cero Z...

duckroll

Moor-Angol said:
NMH screenshots look nice, the only problem (for me) is japanese versione will be probably censored as the Wii one, coins instead of blood.
And Wii version was Cero D, i really doubt they will release a Cero Z...

Wrong. The 360 version is confirmed to be CERO Z, and based on the content in the US version! :eek:

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
duckroll said:
Wrong. The 360 version is confirmed to be CERO Z, and based on the content in the US version! :eek:
Awesome :O
I see no reason why the PS3 version shouldn't be the same then.

duckroll said:

Heh, they really are striking out for the otaku market - emphasis on female characters, erotic prints and lotsa blood :lol

duckroll

Jocchan said:
Awesome :O
I see no reason why the PS3 version shouldn't be the same then.

A Japanese online retailer has listings for both the PS3 and 360 games, and it specifically says the 360 version is based on the US content and is rated CERO Z. It says nothing of that sort for the PS3 listing, and only lists the additions from the Wii version.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Cosmonaut X said:
Heh, they really are striking out for the otaku market - emphasis on female characters, erotic prints and lotsa blood :lol
It's what they should do. This game is aimed at them.

duckroll said:
A Japanese online retailer has listings for both the PS3 and 360 games, and it specifically says the 360 version is based on the US content and is rated CERO Z. It says nothing of that sort for the PS3 listing, and only lists the additions from the Wii version.
That's weird.

duckroll

king zell said:
so guys did you see the HQ Lufia scans? it looks really good for a 3D DS game

Yeah it looks pretty good. It confirms that it's a re-imagining of Lufia 2, as an action RPG, and as such it is a completely new game in the Lufia franchise by the same people who made the original. It's developed by Neverland, and Naora from S-E is the character designer/illustrator. I like how they use both screens for boss battles, ala Zelda PH/ST. :D

Zen

Banned
AniHawk said:
Looks better than the pics made it out to be. The real improvement is the lighting, although the textures have also gotten a bump.

EDIT: Man, they really did remake this thing. You can see detail on Travis's forehead in that closeup shot.

I don't know how much they've redone it and how much they're re sampled the original assets. Although it could be that they have redone a lot of the textures,

gofreak said:
This really should have wand support, if not at release then patched in later when the wand is out (if it's not out at the same time or before this).

I mean it seems like a no-brainer. Have non-motion support too, but why not support the wand as well as an option? Seems obvious to me.

Agreed, though they can replicated a truncated form of the WII motion controls with just the Dualshock 3 motion sensor.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Zen said:
Agreed, though they can replicated a truncated form of the WII motion controls with just the Dualshock 3 motion sensor.
Ugh.
DS3 + wand would probably be even worse though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm, yup... still struggling with this one.

BTW, does it say anywhere whose actually doing the development?
My guess is it's not actually Grasshopper?

Hydrargyrus

I really hope that the western PS3 version won't be censored, if not I won't buy it for sure.
That would be completely illogical

lupinko

duckroll said:

It would suck if PS3 NMH is not Cero Z. =(

AniHawk said:
I think they're trying to bring the series over for NMH 3, which will probably use the Natal and Swand in some way.

Lol, Suda said it'd probably be on the next Nintendo console...so no, it wouldn't be this gen

I should be doing hw said:
I still think you could do the motions with an analogue stick ala Skate or Okami.

Of course they could, and probably will, but there was something so satisfying about swinging the remote. I'll definitely get this version if it comes to America, because I love the game so much but I really enjoyed the motion controls in the game. It's an interesting trade off.

Chemo

So basically, AceBandage can suck it because the game DOES look dramatically better and he was just making shit up about it having no visual upgrade whatsoever from the Wii version based on bad scans. That's pretty much what I figured.

That said, NMH PS360 looks fucking fantastic and I really cannot wait. I do hope they add wand controls for the PS3 version, but I'll get by without them if they don't.

Chemo said:
So basically, AceBandage can suck it because the game DOES look dramatically better and he was just making shit up about it having no visual upgrade whatsoever from the Wii version based on bad scans. That's pretty much what I figured.

That said, NMH PS360 looks fucking fantastic and I really cannot wait. I do hope they add wand controls for the PS3 version, but I'll get by without them if they don't.

It's the same models just upscaled. Yes, it looks better but don't kid yourself...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
72ysde.jpg

Yeah, the Wii screen is grabbed horribly and it actually looks much better, but holy damn.
The models are NOT the same. Jocchan double dipping confirmed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT :eek:

How did I not see this, goddamn, day 0!

I'll miss the Wii Remote but damn if that does not look sooo good

John Harker said:
Hmm, yup... still struggling with this one.

BTW, does it say anywhere whose actually doing the development?
My guess is it's not actually Grasshopper?

Someone a few pages back mentioned that Grasshopper is supervising the project. My guess is that this will be akin to Killer7 for the Ps2 where they only "partially developed" the game.

Chemo

Zoramon089 said:
It's the same models just upscaled. Yes, it looks better but don't kid yourself...
Are you for real? It's a fucking damage control militia, I swear.

Anyone who says this is NOT a dramatic visual improvement is a liar. This isn't even up for debate.

Jocchan said:
72ysde.jpg

Yeah, the Wii screen is grabbed horribly and it actually looks much better, but holy damn.
The models are NOT the same. Jocchan double dipping confirmed.

It just looks like more stylized shading closer to what's being done in NMH2 (with higher res on textures), although the background looks kinda different (but the Wii pic is too dark for me to make out the details). If you want to make a really valid comparison, we need those model rips that were done here a while back...I remember there being ones of Travis, Shinobu and Bad Girl I think

Anyway, look at this NMH2 pic with a clearly higher polygon model of Travis

no-more-heroes-2-screens-20090810093231455_640w.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Zoramon089 said:
It just looks like more stylized shading, although the background looks kinda different (but the Wii pic is too dark for me to make out the details). If you want to make a really valid comparison, we need those model rips that were done here a while back...I remember there being ones of Travis, Shinobu and Bad Girl I think
It's just normal mapping and more traditional cel shading. The belt has specular mapping as well it seems.
In this case, the original character models were reused and improved with those and higher res assets.

Higher resolution assets in this case doesn't necessitate that the game is a remake, as assets are scaled down as per platform

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Zoramon089 said:
If you want to make a really valid comparison, we need those model rips that were done here a while back...I remember there being ones of Travis, Shinobu and Bad Girl I think
Hmmm, actually you're right. These are models ripped from the Wii version, with their original textures (click the thumbnails to see them full sized):
http://mrwhitefolks.deviantart.com/art/NMH-Shinobu-124067937
http://mrwhitefolks.deviantart.com/art/Badgirl-Promo-Shot-117451761
http://mrwhitefolks.deviantart.com/art/NMH-Standoff-124067759 (spoilarz)
Shinobu looks amazing.

Threi

notag
Yeah this game is so bought, day 1.

It is kind of sad to see a franchise I like being discussed with undertones of console warz though. I had kinda hoped that that would say exclusive to shooters and other crap like that :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
Man there's a shitload of spinning going around here! I'm getting dizzy just watching you guys post! :lol

I'm getting dizzy from watching you get dizzy. Stop that!

Firestorm

I only finished two levels of NMH and put it away for a while... I think I'll grab the new one when it's cheap. Wii version is jaggy as hell on my TV anyway =)

duckroll

YuriLowell said:
Does ubi own all the rights to American distribution?

Probably. Even if they don't own exclusive rights, there's no chance in hell anyone else will publish it aside from them. It would make no sense. Hell maybe they're the ones doing the porting work. I wouldn't be surprised either. :p

Jenga

Banned
As much as I love NMH, I would not double dip unless this game is bargain bin priced.

Full price is a no-no for me. And yes, laugh at me if you must, I felt the Wii controls were integral to quite a bit of the games' charm.

wrowa

Fuck, NMH looks absolutely awesome.
I still wonder whether this port is developed by Grasshopper. We have no information about that yet, have we?

Paznos

Never got NMH for the Wii but wow vast improvement in the graphics will pick it up for the PS3 if released here.

Looks like they're using the same models (Though it looks like they've replaced Travis with his NMH2 model) but with better textures and rim lighting.

Looks good though.

Top Bottom