• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck halo 2 snipers in campaign.

shit is absurd.

Snipers were so bad. Even in halo 3.

It slows the game to a dead stop... Pop and shoot gameplay. And there's the chance they hit you in the head

Who asked for enemy snipers in the first place :p

feel

Is there some sort of Diablo demo for everyone coming out or are these guest passes it? I'd like to try the game after I build my machine but I can wait (and not waste a guest pass someone else would take better advantage of) if there's a regular demo planned.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is there some sort of Diablo demo for everyone coming out or are these guest passes it? I'd like to try the game after I build my machine but I can wait if there's a regular demo planned.

Starter edition is 30 days after release

Before that, guest passes are only way to go

daedalius

Snipers were so bad. Even in halo 3.

It slows the game to a dead stop... Pop and shoot gameplay. And there's the chance they hit you in the head

Who asked for enemy snipers in the first place :p

A CHANCE YOU SAY?

ON LEGENDARY?

I think not! Headshots, 100% of the time!

Fuck halo 2 snipers in campaign.

shit is absurd.

While you have a small point this is why every weapon we get from the enemies shoot green/blue/red projectiles that move slow as hell so you can see them, get a bunch of feedback that you are getting shot at and where they are coming from. Dumbing down the gameplay essentially making every Halo campaign easy as hell.

Its why you die more often to exploded plasma grenades and fuel rod cannons in FF then to Carbines or Baconators.

Before you know it there won't be any good weapons. Every weapon will shoot bubbles that move at 1mph. The game you play will suck. It will be on you.

Yes it feels cheap when you get sniped by elites in those FF rounds or Campaign spots. I have no idea how they'd fix that though. I'd suggest have less of them with Snipers and snipers would have less accurate shots and slower shot speeds than the DMR Elites. Right now they all seem to have the same accuracy which isn't great when one of the weapons is a Human Sniper Rifle. Anyways they really should have Carbines/Baconators. How did they get Human weapons?

GhaleonEB

Yes it feels cheap when you get sniped by elites in those FF rounds or Campaign spots. I have no idea how they'd fix that though. I'd suggest have less of them with Snipers and snipers would have less accurate shots and slower shot speeds than the DMR Elites. Right now they all seem to have the same accuracy which isn't great when one of the weapons is a Human Sniper Rifle. Anyways they really should have Carbines/Baconators. How did they get Human weapons?

FWIW, the Heretics are not supposed to be in Limited. In Arcade at least you get an overshield and it takes two headshots to down you, and the balance feels closer to correct. I generally agree, though.

Figures, the one day I am away from the computer all day the boxart is released, haha. And my god, dat boxart. So sexy. Im not sure if it is my favorite, but damn is it good.

BTW, someone should make another mock up of the Box Art with MC taking up more space, similar to Halo 3 art.

This is pretty awesome: http://halocouncil.com/content.php?288-Halo-Believe-Minecraft-Commercial (Halo 3 believe trailer in minecraft)

That is awesome.

I am not the only one who thought about this:

halo3coverartish.jpg

And this is probably my favorite Box art...its a shame it didn't make the cut, it is awe-inspiringly epic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sage has an orgasm every time the banshee kills good players.

edit. oh shit it's Assault streaming it? That kid is hilarious. One of the few people who actually seems to have a good time and goof around unlike ultra tryhard nerds like Formal.

He's fine except for when he keeps doing the same shit over and over again and thinks it's funny. I get tired of his nerd "oneshot, oneshot" voice when he's mocking people and he does it excessively.

daedalius

While you have a small point this is why every weapon we get from the enemies shoot green/blue/red projectiles that move slow as hell so you can see them, get a bunch of feedback that you are getting shot at and where they are coming from. Dumbing down the gameplay essentially making every Halo campaign easy as hell.

Its why you die more often to exploded plasma grenades and fuel rod cannons in FF then to Carbines or Baconators.

Before you know it there won't be any good weapons. Every weapon will shoot bubbles that move at 1mph. The game you play will suck. It will be on you.

And I have no problem with any of the enemies in Reach.

I am talking specifically about the snipers in halo 2 (as in, the jackals with beam rifles); the ones who if they see you for a 1/10th of a second on legendary, will headshot and kill you.

neoism

Is there some sort of Diablo demo for everyone coming out or are these guest passes it? I'd like to try the game after I build my machine but I can wait (and not waste a guest pass someone else would take better advantage of) if there's a regular demo planned.

still need a guess pass? :p

I'm usually a Lakers fan in the playoff (from socal, so sue me) but with the way the Thunder have been playing all season I knew they would get stomped

Nice. Watching Durant play is truly a sight. When Westbrook is on, the same.. But Durant.

Damn.

lolworldpiece of shit
Yes. The ball movement tonight was incredible. And also, fixed ;) There were a lot of anti-worldpeace fan posters at the game tonight, including the above. Made me laugh.

I'm usually a Lakers fan in the playoff (from socal, so sue me) but with the way the Thunder have been playing all season I knew they would get stomped
Nothing wrong with being a Lakers fan, especially given your location. I still dislike the Heat more :)
don't tell Tashi

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
COVER ART IS AWESOME. It's interesting that Chief seems to be in a more active stance, rather than a pose. It feels as if he's fleeing from the looming maw of Requiem. I wonder if that sense of action is meant to evoke the same feelings that the QTEs (or whatever you want to call'em) are supposed to give. A sense of movement, interactivity, and exploration.

I dunno. It's effing gorgeous, though.

And lol @ AR.

It's Abrams. He's self-sustaining.

I love Abrams, but NBC has managed to run pretty much everything into the ground lately, even their long established shows.

First example lol: This show will probably be a male skewing program, and will probably be marketed as such. So naturally, NBC is currently planning to air the show after The Voice, which is the opposite. Fucking smart.

Homeboyd

Yes. The ball movement tonight was incredible. And also, fixed ;) There were a lot of anti-worldpeace fan posters at the game tonight, including the above. Made me laugh.

:lol that dude just ain't right.. seriously batshit crazy

Also.. on topic.. I'm thinking it's going to be smooth sailing from here on in towards launch in terms of reveals. I'd like to guess they'd want to get all the controversial stuff out there early, let people settle, and start revealing the sure-to-please type stuff later on to soothe nerves. Can't wait to finally see an actual MP match. Can't come soon enough.

senador

Banned

You raise some good ass points about Covenant weapons I never thought about, and I wonder if that is the reason for their suckiness in later games.

I need to do Halo 2 on Legendary again, as I don't remember it being as hard as so many people say. Sniper hallway and those invisible elites in particular didn't cause me too much trouble, some sure but I got through it so that means it didn't hang me up too long. The hardest parts I remember were Cairo Station (even after figuring out noob combo and BR) and start of High Charity I think it is when you get dumped into a locked room with several super Brutes.

Top Bottom