• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

noobie
Member
(02-12-2015, 06:34 AM)
noobie's Avatar

Originally Posted by jvm

Sorted by January 2015 column.

Marketshare in January 2012:
Nintendo: 36%
Microsoft: 31%
Sony: 21%
PC: 11%

Marketshare in January 2015:
Microsoft: 42%
Sony: 41%
Nintendo: 13%
PC: 5%

Note: Percentages don't add to 100% because of rounding.

Although overall Sony might have closed the gap between it and MS but i think MS has managed to stop the freefall of XBO and the difference between XBO:PS4 which was near 1:1.3 is now 1:1.1
Last edited by noobie; 02-12-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Kyougar
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:26 AM)
Kyougar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xando

It's quite interesting to see that GTA V is the only XB1 game in the top 50 selling on it's own. Forza 5 is in almost every bundle sold.

I'm not saying, that forza is doing good in Germany, but you have to remember, that no bundles are included in the german Charts. So Forza is on its own merit in the Charts.
LOCK
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:32 AM)
LOCK's Avatar

Originally Posted by velvet_nitemare

Do u mean UK? Because MM3D should chart well in Germany and France. Plus it's January and it won't take much to break into the top 10 even in the UK.

I'm hoping they will mention how the launch of the N3DS compares to other launches.
gtj1092
Member
(02-12-2015, 09:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyougar

I'm not saying, that forza is doing good in Germany, but you have to remember, that no bundles are included in the german Charts. So Forza is on its own merit in the Charts.

I think only official bundles aren't counted.
The_lascar
Member
(02-12-2015, 11:25 AM)
The_lascar's Avatar
~ 120k for Smash Wii U as of december.

Edit : in France. Sorry.
Last edited by The_lascar; 02-12-2015 at 11:27 AM.
roy8846
Member
(02-12-2015, 11:27 AM)
roy8846's Avatar

Originally Posted by noobie

Although overall Sony might have closed the gap between it and MS but i think MS has managed to stop the freefall of XBO and the difference between XBO:PS4 which was near 1:1.3 is now 1:1.1

Surely the gap is widening unless your talking Us only (in a Pal thread?)?
noobie
Member
(02-12-2015, 12:14 PM)
noobie's Avatar

Originally Posted by roy8846

Surely the gap is widening unless your talking Us only (in a Pal thread?)?

I am talking about UK, the software sales numbers of PS4 and XBO for January 2015 and January 2014 provided by jvm at the end of the first page.
Last edited by noobie; 02-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Xando
Member
(02-12-2015, 01:00 PM)
Xando's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyougar

I'm not saying, that forza is doing good in Germany, but you have to remember, that no bundles are included in the german Charts. So Forza is on its own merit in the Charts.

Pretty sure the Forza 5 bundle Saturn has been selling the last weeks was Forza 5 retail + XB1, not the official MS bundle. Haven't seen a Forza 5 bundle from launch since last year.
Last edited by Xando; 02-12-2015 at 01:02 PM.
jvm
Gamasutra.
(02-12-2015, 01:05 PM)
jvm's Avatar

Originally Posted by noobie

I am talking about UK, the software sales numbers of PS4 and XBO for January 2015 and January 2014 provided by jvm at the end of the first page.

Oh, crap. I never remember you 50ppp people. Should I repost for new page? :)
The_lascar
Member
(02-12-2015, 03:17 PM)
The_lascar's Avatar
France, LTD, no digital, no bundles:

Bravely Default: 73k
Zelda OOT 3D: 253k
Zelda ALBW: 190k
Mario Kart 7: +1M

Bayonetta 2: ~35k
Hyrule Warriors: 60k
DKC Tropical Freeze: 72k
Captain Toad: 35k

Amiibo: 250k
theprodigy
Member
(02-12-2015, 04:14 PM)
theprodigy's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_lascar

France, LTD, no digital, no bundles:

Bravely Default: 73k
Zelda OOT 3D: 253k
Zelda ALBW: 190k
Mario Kart 7: +1M

Bayonetta 2: ~35k
Hyrule Warriors: 60k
DKC Tropical Freeze: 72k
Captain Toad: 35k

Amiibo: 250k

did France have an absurdly high digital rate, or was that "projection" just made up?
ZhugeEX
Banned
(02-12-2015, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by The_lascar

France, LTD, no digital, no bundles:

Bravely Default: 73k
Zelda OOT 3D: 253k
Zelda ALBW: 190k
Mario Kart 7: +1M

Bayonetta 2: ~35k
Hyrule Warriors: 60k
DKC Tropical Freeze: 72k
Captain Toad: 35k

Amiibo: 250k

Cheers.

Is there anywhere I can see LTD sales for other Wii U games in France?
Moonstone
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:11 PM)
Moonstone's Avatar
PSN (EU) Charts Januar:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...ng-light-duke/

I think this covers whole EU region.

Edit: And here is their charts archive: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/psn-chart/
Last edited by Moonstone; 02-12-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Moonstone
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:14 PM)
Moonstone's Avatar

Originally Posted by gtj1092

I think only official bundles aren't counted.

Yes and it's currently taped to every XboxOne at Media Markt (at least in mine).
Conduit
Banned
(02-12-2015, 08:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Moonstone

PSN (EU) Charts Januar:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...ng-light-duke/

I think this covers whole EU region.

Edit: And here is their charts archive: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/psn-chart/

So, Driveclub fell from UK charts and still exist in PAL charts on PSN store. I'm pretty sure Driveclub hold well.
Moonstone
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:21 PM)
Moonstone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Conduit

So, Driveclub fell from UK charts and still exist in PAL charts on PSN store. I'm pretty sure Driveclub hold well.

Well, it didn't even chart in its release month. January is the first month where it charted in PSN PAL charts at all. But we don't know if this chart is based on units or revenue. They could also merge all individual country charts (I don't think so). It's most likely unit based (number of downloads).
Last edited by Moonstone; 02-12-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Pezus
Member
(02-12-2015, 08:30 PM)
Pezus's Avatar
DC got a price drop on the store this month. Nice to see it worked. I played my part!
wotter
Member
(02-12-2015, 09:40 PM)
wotter's Avatar
Some small tidbits from the dutch retail market (the Netherlands only ):

Marktonderzoeksbureau GfK zegt alleen dat de consoleverkopen in het vierde kwartaal van 2014 55 procent hoger uitkomen dan in 2013, maar vermeldt niet hoeveel procent marktaandeel de diverse consoles hebben. In een toelichting zegt consultant Yvette Westerbaan van GfK dat de afstand significant is. "De PS4 is echt met afstand de bestverkochte console." De Xbox One lijkt de tweede plek te bezetten, terwijl de Wii U daar nog achter staat.

Source: link, link2

- global physical entertainment sales are down 0,1% YoY
- console sales in Q4 2014 are 55% higher YoY
- PS4 'by far' the best selling console
- Xbox One has second place, Wii U is behind and comes in third
- 3DS best selling handheld: "obviously, the only competition comes from PSP and PS Vita", a spokesman said
- best selling game: FIFA 15
- best selling dvd: Frozen (lol)
theprodigy
Member
(02-12-2015, 09:48 PM)
theprodigy's Avatar

Originally Posted by wotter

Some small tidbits from the dutch retail market (the Netherlands only ):


Source: link, link2

- global physical entertainment sales are down 0,1% YoY
- console sales in Q4 2014 are 55% higher YoY
- PS4 'by far' the best selling console
- Xbox One has second place, Wii U is behind and comes in third
- 3DS best selling handheld: "obviously, the only competition comes from PSP and PS Vita", a spokesman said
- best selling game: FIFA 15
- best selling dvd: Frozen (lol)

aww, no numbers? oh well
Paganmoon
Member
(02-13-2015, 09:22 AM)
Paganmoon's Avatar
Swedish charts for Week 6 (AKA, the most boring charts ever...)

Originally Posted by Per platform

1.FIFA 15 (PS4)
2.Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
3.Minecraft (PS3)
4.The Sims 4 (PC)
5.Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
6.Minecraft (360)
7.FIFA 15 (PS3)
8.NHL 15 (PS4)
9.Super Smash Bros. (WiiU)
10.Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)
11.Minecraft (PS4)
12.Far Cry 4 (PS4)
13.Destiny (PS4)
14.Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
15.FIFA 15 (360)
16.Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
17.Grand Theft Auto V (XBO)
18.Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
19.Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360)
20.NHL 15 (360)

Originally Posted by Combined

1.FIFA 15
2.Minecraft
3.Grand Theft Auto V
4.Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
5.Far Cry 4
6.NHL 15
7.Lego Marvel Super Heroes
8.Dragon Age: Inquisition
9.Battlefield 4
10.Just Dance 2015
11.Destiny
12.The Sims 4
13.Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
14.Skylanders: Trap Team
15.Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
16.Super Smash Bros.
17.Rayman Legends
18.The Crew
19.Halo: The Master Chief Collection
20.Assassin's Creed Unity

Seriously, feels like they've posted the same chart for the past 6 weeks, with Fifa and GTA just switching places every now and then.
KillerMan91
Member
(02-13-2015, 09:30 AM)
KillerMan91's Avatar
Late release of Xbone really killed its chances in Sweden. X360 and PS3 sold pretty evenly there. Now it's all about PS4 when you look at that chart.
biglittleps
Member
(02-13-2015, 09:42 AM)
biglittleps's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonstone

Well, it didn't even chart in its release month. January is the first month where it charted in PSN PAL charts at all. But we don't know if this chart is based on units or revenue. They could also merge all individual country charts (I don't think so). It's most likely unit based (number of downloads).

DC charted in October as #1. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...e-earth-fight/
Paganmoon
Member
(02-13-2015, 09:46 AM)
Paganmoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillerMan91

Late release of Xbone really killed its chances in Sweden. X360 and PS3 sold pretty evenly there. Now it's all about PS4 when you look at that chart.

The X1 was widely available from January 2014 though, with grey market imports from for instance the UK. I always saw tons of them at Webhallen, both in Gothenburg and Stockholm, so it wasn't a supply issue, could be a mindset issue that it "wasn't released yet" or some such, and the price of course, but the price was only 500 SEK more than the PS4, and that's with the Kinect bundled, so shouldn't have done much either.
Moonstone
Member
(02-13-2015, 07:55 PM)
Moonstone's Avatar

Originally Posted by biglittleps

DC charted in October as #1. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...e-earth-fight/

Thanks, missed that and was really wondering why.
Vashetti
Member
(02-16-2015, 09:49 AM)
Vashetti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quentyn



https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/567257488534552577

Interesting.

Do MS have a marketing deal for Evolve?
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(02-16-2015, 09:52 AM)
Mpl90's Avatar


The All Formats chart receives a much needed boost with 2K/Take 2’s ‘Evolve’ leading the pack of new debutants and taking the No1 crown.

Xbox One just edges the format share by a mere 1% with fewer than 400 sales between the two Gen 8 versions, while PC accounts for just 3% of boxed units. For Take 2 it’s their first chart topping title that’s not part of the Grand Theft Auto franchise since ‘Bioshock Infinite’ back in March 2013. With the release of new Nintendo 3DS & 3DS XL consoles giving a 57% boost to hardware this week, it’s no surprise that two new 3DS titles debut in the Top 5. ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D’ lands at No2 and is the biggest selling single format title of the week. ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ (+14%) is forced down to third place despite promotions driving strong sales. The second monster hunting title in the chart this week is the aptly named ‘Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate’, which makes its mark at No4. The title’s week 1 sales are an impressive 95% up on predecessor ‘Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate’ as the series starts to gain real traction in the West. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-7%) and ‘FIFA 15’ (-1%) are both down 3 places to No5 and No6 respectively.
A colossal sales push driven by retailer promotions pushes Ubisoft’s ‘Far Cry 4’ (+128%) up two places to No7. Familiar face ‘Minecraft: Xbox Edition’ (-13%) is at No8 although ‘Minecraft: PlayStation Edition’ (-9%) slips to No11. Assassin’s Creed: Unity’ (-16%) and ‘Destiny’ (+3%) round off the Top 10 at No9 and No10.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.j....jsp&ct=110032

The quote about hardware is...not that clear. Does it mean 3DS only or overall hardware?
Jimmyfenix
Member
(02-16-2015, 09:53 AM)
Jimmyfenix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Interesting.

Do MS have a marketing deal for Evolve?

Yup
Kathian
Banned
(02-16-2015, 09:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Interesting.

Do MS have a marketing deal for Evolve?

Software has been doing well on the One. Likely a mix of reasons but fundamentally down to the user base either having different tastes or (more likely) different incomes.
CozMick
Banned
(02-16-2015, 09:54 AM)
CozMick's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Interesting.

Do MS have a marketing deal for Evolve?

Yeah they paid for marketing.

400 extra copies doesn't seem much.
Chobel
I shouldn't make bets because every time I do my tag gets worse
(02-16-2015, 09:56 AM)
Chobel's Avatar
If 400 is 1% percent, then the total sales of evolve (100%) should be around 40K.

Edit: Does this mean Evolve bombed?
Last edited by Chobel; 02-16-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Hasney
Member
(02-16-2015, 09:59 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mpl90

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.j....jsp&ct=110032

The quote about hardware is...not that clear. Does it mean 3DS only or overall hardware?

Overall.
Pennywise83
Banned
(02-16-2015, 10:00 AM)
Pennywise83's Avatar
"The title’s week 1 sales are an impressive 95% up on predecessor ‘Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate’ as the series starts to gain real traction in the West."

Cool.
CozMick
Banned
(02-16-2015, 10:02 AM)
CozMick's Avatar
PS4 - 10
XB1 - 10
360 - 8
PS3 - 5
3DS - 4
PC - 2
Wii U - 1
Kysen
Member
(02-16-2015, 10:06 AM)
Kysen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chobel

If 400 is 1% percent, then the total sales of evolve (100%) should be around 40K.

Edit: Does this mean Evolve bombed?

40k is a joke when there is nothing else out at the moment.
Bruno MB
Member
(02-16-2015, 10:09 AM)
Bruno MB's Avatar
New thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993089
airmangataosenai
Member
(02-16-2015, 10:14 AM)
airmangataosenai's Avatar
The software recovery for the One in the English speaking world is incredible. Possibly one of the biggest comeback stories in a single generation we've ever seen.
Kathian
Banned
(02-16-2015, 12:49 PM)

Originally Posted by airmangataosenai

The software recovery for the One in the English speaking world is incredible. Possibly one of the biggest comeback stories in a single generation we've ever seen.

3DS was predicted dead. Xbox One has been strong in the English speaking world since launch.

PS3 bigger than both.

Edit: Excuse bump.

Thread Tools