• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Jarnet87

All right, my GAF league is now allowing us to have a keeper league. The question is who should be my keeper

QB
Russell
Flacco

RB
Melvin Gordon
Jordan Howard
Mark Ingram

WR
Jordy Nelson
Michael Thomas
Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins
Terrelle Pryor

TE
Greg Olsen

Def
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

Kicker
Justin Tucker

I'm thinking of using my keeper on Jordy Nelson or Greg Olsen I guess?

I have a bad feeling about Gordon so that's why I'm not sure I want to use it on him

What pick in the draft do you have? Depending on the pick you might be able to redraft some of those big players. Nelson, Thomas or Howard IMO, not a fan of Gordon either.

With keeper questions it helps to know what round the player was drafted, the penalty for keeping a player, how long you can keep them for, etc.

14 team .5 ppr draft last night. 12th pick.

QB: Rivers
RB: Gurley
RB: Hunt
WR: Nelson
WR: Pryor
TE: Miller
Flex: Woodhead

Bench: Kelvin Benjamin, Gillislee, Kupp, Zay Jones, Rex Burkhead, Snead.

I think I did alright. Really did not like the spot I was drafting, a few guys fell to a position I was happy to take them but overall I would have had to taken a lot of the guys I targeted a round or two early to get them.

yeah I'd probably go with gordon but you gotta trust your gut

I ended up picking Gordon 9th in a 10 team draft. He's been getting a lot of shade, but I don't get why. Do folks just think he's going to have a flat season, or too many weapons on the field to get many ppg?

Joe

Did I kill it? I think I killed it. 12-team league

screenshot_142.png

phanphare

Banned
I ended up picking Gordon 9th in a 10 team draft. He's been getting a lot of shade, but I don't get why. Do folks just think he's going to have a flat season, or too many weapons on the field to get many ppg?

I feel like people think he'll end up somewhere between his 2015 season and 2016 season and that his TDs will come down from 2016

I like him though. he's on a good offense, the volume should be there, and he catches passes.

None to my knowledge.. it's the first year we're using them in this league.

I won it last year and I will do my best to repeat 👍
No way there aren't any stipulations. So you don't have to waste the draft pick you used to pick the player or anything? So no 1st round pick for Gordon/Howard or 16th pick for whoever you used that pick on? That's huge in deciding who to pick. Otherwise you just pick your first 2 picks and move on

For example: we keep 2 players and it takes up that pick. So someone picked up Michael Thomas in the 7th round last year, and could use their 7th round pick to keep him. Mines was LeSean McCoy for a 2nd round pick and Ezekiel Elliott for a 1st round pick in a 16 man league

No way there aren't any stipulations. So you don't have to waste the draft pick you used to pick the player or anything? So no 1st round pick for Gordon/Howard or 16th pick for whoever you used that pick on? That's huge in deciding who to pick. Otherwise you just pick your first 2 picks and move on

For example: we keep 2 players and it takes up that pick. So someone picked up Michael Thomas in the 7th round last year, and could use their 7th round pick to keep him. Mines was LeSean McCoy for a 2nd round pick and Ezekiel Elliott for a 1st round pick in a 16 man league
I see.. that makes sense.

Howard I picked up off waiver wire and Jordy and Melvin I traded for. Thomas I picked up later in the draft.

Would I use whatever pick that person used on the Jordy/Melvin if I kept them?

bigkrev

Had my draft on Sunday afternoon. I went in with the idea of taking Zeke in the 2nd round (I had the 6th pick in a 12 team league).

QB
Matt Ryan

RB:
Lesean Mccoy
Zeke Elliot
Issaih Crowell
Ty Montgomery
Jonathan Williams
Samaje Perine

WR:
Emmanual Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Desean Jackson
Adam Thielen
Ted Ginn

TE:
Tyler Eifert

I kind of feel that I screwed up by taking Matt Ryan in the 6th round- guys like Russel Wilson ended up lasting till the 8th round. As it is, I feel my RB situation is extremely tense- When one of my guys gets hurt while Zeke is suspended, I'm going to be really light on options. I spent the first 4 rounds taking nothing but RBs, and guys like Frank Gore, Mark Ingram and Bilal Powell were all available when I took Ryan as the 3rd QB off the board.

phanphare

Banned
Had my draft on Sunday afternoon. I went in with the idea of taking Zeke in the 2nd round (I had the 6th pick in a 12 team league).

QB
Matt Ryan

RB:
Lesean Mccoy
Zeke Elliot
Issaih Crowell
Ty Montgomery
Jonathan Williams
Samaje Perine

WR:
Emmanual Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Desean Jackson
Adam Thielen
Ted Ginn

TE:
Tyler Eifert

I kind of feel that I screwed up by taking Matt Ryan in the 6th round- guys like Russel Wilson ended up lasting till the 8th round. As it is, I feel my RB situation is extremely tense- When one of my guys gets hurt while Zeke is suspended, I'm going to be really light on options. I spent the first 4 rounds taking nothing but RBs, and guys like Frank Gore, Mark Ingram and Bilal Powell were all available when I took Ryan as the 3rd QB off the board.

I've got some bad news for you...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ry_good_chance_to_play_week_1/s1_127_24599463

means his suspension could happen later in the season which would suck for fantasy owners

Could also mean his suspension is pushed into 2018 season. :b

(although I hope it isn't because I didn't pick him up in either of my leagues)

bigkrev

I won my league in 2015 starting Theo Riddick and Denard Robinson in the championship, when I spent 4 of my first 5 rounds picking RBs that year (None of which ended up being on my roster at the end of the year). TBH i'd rather Zeke play the first half of the season and miss the second half/playoffs, because I won't have to spend as much FAAB early on, and there are always injuries/loss of jobs in the second half of the year

Boogs31

Is there any way to do a league without matchups? I'm the commissioner of a 10 team league. I want to make it so that the top 5 scoring teams each week win, and the bottom 5 lose. Is there a way to do this?

Last year the league's top scoring team didn't make the playoffs because of horrible matchup luck. I want to prevent this so the best teams succeed.

natjjohn

Is there any way to do a league without matchups? I'm the commissioner of a 10 team league. I want to make it so that the top 5 scoring teams each week win, and the bottom 5 lose. Is there a way to do this?

Last year the league's top scoring team didn't make the playoffs because of horrible matchup luck. I want to prevent this so the best teams succeed.

What site are you using? You typically can set up an all-play league where every week everybody plays everybody.

In a couple leagues of mine where we have 4 divisions we do a mix. Division winners by record are in playoffs. Wildcard determined by all play.

Boogs31

What site are you using? You typically can set up an all-play league where every week everybody plays everybody.

In a couple leagues of mine where we have 4 divisions we do a mix. Division winners by record are in playoffs. Wildcard determined by all play.

ESPN. But I'm willing to do a different site as long as that site allows for custom scoring settings (My scoring settings are vastly different than the standard).

The combination of division winners with all play sounds like the best of both worlds. What site do you use?

Jarnet87

QB
Matt Ryan

RB:
Lesean Mccoy
Zeke Elliot
Issaih Crowell
Ty Montgomery
Jonathan Williams
Samaje Perine

WR:
Emmanual Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Desean Jackson
Adam Thielen
Ted Ginn

TE:
Tyler Eifert

I feel like anyone who is drafting Zeke needs to grab McFadden, to me he's even more important as a handcuff if Zeke were to miss the back end of the season. If by some miracle Watkins delivers you are solid. I tend to stay away from guys like Eifert and Watkins because they are made of glass. Without him you have a lot of guys that are going to frustrate you to no end but when they hit you are tough to beat.

phanphare

Banned
did a 10-team ppr draft last night. I know it's a 10-team league and my roster was always going to look enticing but I think I killed it.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, Dalvin Cook, Ameer Abdullah, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart
WR: AJ Green, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Martavis Brytant, Ted Ginn, Corey Coleman
TE: Zach Ertz
D/ST: Panthers

thee were a couple people who seemed like it was their first time drafting, people were reaching, QBs off the table early, Cam was the second QB off the board, kickers went well before the last rounds, some defenses were going early. I just sat back and took the value.

14 team leagues are rough.

I'm the 14th pick.

I dunno what to do. If jordy falls to me, I was thinking about double dipping with a rodj.

Again, not sure. Most mocks I see michael thomas fall to me, and ajayi too...

BUT my brother is a huge dolphin fan and he's pick 13, so I doubt jay passes him.

Jordan howard is a risk now? I'm thinking gurley over him if I had to choose one.

I'm just not sure what's gonna be left for me.

14 team leagues are rough.

I'm the 14th pick.

I dunno what to do. If jordy falls to me, I was thinking about double dipping with a rodj.

Again, not sure. Most mocks I see michael thomas fall to me, and ajayi too...

BUT my brother is a huge dolphin fan and he's pick 13, so I doubt jay passes him.

Jordan howard is a risk now? I'm thinking gurley over him if I had to choose one.

I'm just not sure what's gonna be left for me.
Ask yourself this question with Gurley? Do you trust Jared Goff to be able to lead the offense to make life easier for Gurley.

If that answer is not no, then that should answer your question. I would take Thomas if he falls to you. Howard is in a similar position (another thing to note is Howard lost his RB coach in Stan Drayton who is excellent. So maybe he takes another hit there.) I would value Howard over Gurley personally.

Saganator

How'd I do? 10 person PPR

Tom Brady
Le'Veon Bell
Leonard Fournette
Amari Cooper
Allen Robinson
Kyle Rudolph
Ty Montgomery
Steelers D/ST
Matt Bryant
Tyreek Hill
Robert Kelley
Mike Wallace
James White
Jacquizz Rodgers
Ted Ginn Jr.
Sterling Shepard

I feel dirty for having Tom Brady.

My 10 team Standard - Not really liking this lineup. Didn't know about Luck getting hurt when I picked up T.Y.

Marcus Mariota
LeSean McCoy
DeMarco Murray
T.Y. Hilton
Michael Crabtree
Kyle Rudolph
Golden Tate
Seahawks D/ST
Matt Prater, Det
Joe Mixon
Mike Gillislee
Willie Snead
Mike Wallace
Giovani Bernard
Ted Ginn Jr.
Josh Doctson

Jarnet87

Ask yourself this question with Gurley? Do you trust Jared Goff to be able to lead the offense to make life easier for Gurley.

If that answer is not no, then that should answer your question. I would take Thomas if he falls to you. Howard is in a similar position (another thing to note is Howard lost his RB coach in Stan Drayton who is excellent. So maybe he takes another hit there.) I would value Howard over Gurley personally.

I took Gurley at pick 17 in my 14 team league. I am nervous about the pick, but the team went out and made some nice off-season moves improving the skill positions and offensive line. If Goff is even half way decent this year the whole team should see a big improvement, and there was talk Sean McVay is going to do everything he can to make Gurley better. Guys like Gurley and Howard are scary because the team around them is trash but it's hard to pass up RBs who are guaranteed 250-300 carries. Jordan Howard and Jordy Nelson were the #1 players on my board in the league I took Gurley, Howard went at pick 11 so I quickly pulled the trigger on Nelson.

If Zeke playing Week 1 is true, dropping McFadden for Jaquizz.

You will not get McFadden back if you drop him. Anyone else you can slot in? I am guessing this is like a 10 team or maybe a 12 if no one drafted Quizz. He will get the majority of the carries until Doug returns and the first three games are against teams that were not good against the run in 2016. As a Bucs fan I can tell you that every RB in camp/preseason this year has looked like shit except for Doug Martin. I would not make the move unless you are desperate at RB.

Machine

I drafted last night. 12 team draft, I was #7. The first round was odd but things settled down after that. Most of us expected Elliott to drop to the 2nd or 3rd but a Dallas stan took him at #6 and we were all surprised to see McCoy go way up at #3. Our initial draft has to have a 2/5/5/2/2/2 roster distribution so I ended up with this:

QB: Drew Brees, Philip Rivers
WR: AJ Green, Brandin Cooks, Devante Parker, Rishad Matthews, Jordan Matthews
RB: Ty Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Giovanni Bernard, Latavius Murray, Mike Gillislee
TE: Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett
K: Wil Lutz, Chris Boswell
DEF: Houston, Dallas

I'm not crazy about my RB situation but some decent free agents will likely pop up if things don't work out. Otherwise I feel good about it.

Tom Nook

You will not get McFadden back if you drop him. Anyone else you can slot in? I am guessing this is like a 10 team or maybe a 12 if no one drafted Quizz. He will get the majority of the carries until Doug returns and the first three games are against teams that were not good against the run in 2016. As a Bucs fan I can tell you that every RB in camp/preseason this year has looked like shit except for Doug Martin. I would not make the move unless you are desperate at RB.

Thanks. I'll keep McFadden for trade at Zeke owner.

My Current RB corps: McCoy, Ty, Hyde, T Coleman, and McF.

natjjohn

ESPN. But I'm willing to do a different site as long as that site allows for custom scoring settings (My scoring settings are vastly different than the standard).

The combination of division winners with all play sounds like the best of both worlds. What site do you use?

Myfantasyleague. It has a cost though but gives commissioner flexibility to do things like I described. I'm not familiar with all the options out there though.

My work league is drafting today. I feel like it's going to go like shit since I couldn't really prepare by doing mock drafts since we'll be picking our draft order out of a hat right before we start. I did randomly do mocks from random positions but I feel pretty underprepared.

I was pretty diligent on the waiver wire last year(first time playing) as I had close to 60 waiver adds/drops and the next person had around ~10 or so

I took Gurley at pick 17 in my 14 team league. I am nervous about the pick, but the team went out and made some nice off-season moves improving the skill positions and offensive line. If Goff is even half way decent this year the whole team should see a big improvement, and there was talk Sean McVay is going to do everything he can to make Gurley better. Guys like Gurley and Howard are scary because the team around them is trash but it's hard to pass up RBs who are guaranteed 250-300 carries. Jordan Howard and Jordy Nelson were the #1 players on my board in the league I took Gurley, Howard went at pick 11 so I quickly pulled the trigger on Nelson.
I was going to make Jordy my keeper. But I changed my mind for Howard (especially since I got him off the wire). since it's a 12 team league and I'm pretty sure I can draft Jordy or Thomas again and solidify my WR corps that way with one of the two since I'm pretty sure I'll pick middle of pack or the backend of the draft order

But I get the logic behind it.

Tom Nook

My work league is drafting today. I feel like it's going to go like shit since I couldn't really prepare by doing mock drafts since we'll be picking our draft order out of a hat right before we start. I did randomly do mocks from random positions but I feel pretty underprepared.

I was pretty diligent on the waiver wire last year(first time playing) as I had close to 60 waiver adds/drops and the next person had around ~10 or so

Try using this for your draft. Draft top tier players regardless of the position. (For example: If STD league and your #3, pick up AB (tier 1) over McCoy (tier 2).

Try using this for your draft. Draft top tier players regardless of the position. (For example: If STD league and your #3, pick up AB (tier 1) over McCoy (tier 2).

I won't have a computer in front of me (offline draft at work) and it doesn't look printer friendly. I learned what NOT to do this year (from my draft last year)

eg don't draft a defense in round 6
don't draft a quarterback in round 7(what hurt is the mid round draft pick for eli manning)

and most important of all, don't be pressured to draft a certain spot if a run is going for a position (eg I drafted delanie walker in round 5 last year because there was a tight end run going on and I didn't know what to do)

UberTag

Last call for anyone looking to join GAF's longest-running fantasy football league.
Only 4 spots remain up for grabs.
If you've got the stones to play with the diehards - and the cash to enter - head over to the official thread and stake your claim to one of the remaining openings.

nillapuddin

After winning my inaugural league 2 years ago, and losing in playoffs last year despite outscoring my opponents by over 300 points over the year (but still lost somehow???), I can officially say my team sucks and I hate myself this year.

I'm ashamed to admit I took Lacy fairly early, literally every single person between my snake picks took a RB right after i decided to go double WR and there wasn't shit left.

Tom Nook

After winning my inaugural league 2 years ago, and losing in playoffs last year despite outscoring my opponents by over 300 points over the year (but still lost somehow???), I can officially say my team sucks and I hate myself this year.

I'm ashamed to admit I took Lacy fairly early, literally every single person between my snake picks took a RB right after i decided to go double WR and there wasn't shit left.

Lacy? (in a RBBC) and McFadden? (Zeke with a reduce suspension). Yikes

Who else is available?

They need to hurry up with zekes decision already.

And what's the status of sterling shepherd and will fullers injuries?

Last I heard was MONDAY.. which isn't helpful for this weekends drafts.

I reached for Zeke in one draft, but got McFadden for cheap, so I don't feel so bad. A 4 game suspension instead would make my pick look genius.

Sterling Shepard played in Week 3 vs the Jets and caught some passes. His value will be based on if Odell has to miss time and/or if Marshall gets hurt and misses time.

I anticipate Will Fuller out until Week 8 or so.

Jarnet87

Got a draft tonight, 14 man standard. if Zeke is there at 7 I will take him, only player that would make me think twice is if Odell is still on the board.

Jarnet87

Finished my 14 team standard league draft, 7th pick

QB: Wilson
RB: Cook
RB: Mixon
WR: Beckham Jr
WR: Garcon
Flex: Martin
TE: Witten

Bench is: Maclin, Burkhead, Kupp, Rodgers, McKinnon, Engram, Robby Anderson.

I reached for Cook because I didn't want to stack Gurley on multiple teams, I think he's in for a big season. All about the rookie RBs living up to the hype. Couldn't get Hill or Murray as handcuffs, would be nice to have but I don't think they produce much.

Had One of 3 drafts this past Sunday

Gonna turn this scrub team to championship game.

League only allowed 10 moves all season. Punt/kick return yards keeper league

luck (keeper)
Carson Palmer

Perkins
Cj Anderson
Kareem Hunt

Kelce

Tyreke Hill
Crowder
Hogan
Allen Robinson
Anderson (Jets)

Tucker
Panthers D.

Made championship game last year with players similar like this team.

natjjohn

Where do people feel comfortable taking Zeke going into this weekend asssuming now with information leaks.

Current state:

Appeal pending; one of the investigators that interviewed DV victim says victim not credible and she recommended to league no punishment; NFLPA has sought court intervention to stop any ban

Early 2nd? Early Third? In the first again? Such a dice roll. I remember when late drafts you had a good feeling about things. NFL needs to do this discipline stuff earlier. Gotta think of us fantasy folk

Jarnet87

Where do people feel comfortable taking Zeke going into this weekend asssuming now we information leaks.

Current state:

Appeal pending; one of the investigators that interviewed DV victim says victim not credible and she recommended to league no punishment; NFLPA has sought court intervention to stop any ban

Early 2nd? Early Third? In the first again? Such a dice roll. I remember when late drafts you had a good feeling about things. NFL needs to do this discipline stuff earlier. Gotta think of us fantasy folk

First round.someone took him 4th last night just based on the talk that a reduced sentence could be likely. I think he will climb up boards again despite no official ruling. also think McFadden has less value so you might be able to grab the handcuff later

Where do people feel comfortable taking Zeke going into this weekend asssuming now with information leaks.

Current state:

had my draft yesterday in a 10 man league. He was picked up in early/mid 2nd round. If he was still there in the 3rd round I would have taken him. Depending on you get in the 1st (eg Johnson or Bell, I would have no problems in taking the flier on Zeke)

Anyway my draft ended up with:

QB: Big Ben/Andrew Luck
RB: Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey, Carlos Hyde, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Jamaal Williams
WR: AJ Green, Golden Tate, Jamison Crowder, Adam Thielen
TE: Jimmy Graham
D: NE
K: Vinateri

Not really happy with my draft as I think I reached for a couple of players when I didn't need to but oh well. It sucked because a lot of the time, I had someone in mind only for someone else to pick the player and I had a bunch of people staring at me waiting to make my pick (was an offline draft)

Not really happy with my draft as I think I reached for a couple of players when I didn't need to but oh well. It sucked because a lot of the time, I had someone in mind only for someone else to pick the player and I had a bunch of people staring at me waiting to make my pick (was an offline draft)
Your RB lineup looks pretty damn stacked to me. Gordon should have a big year, McCaffrey could go off, Doug Martin could be on the rebound and have fresh legs post suspension, and Derrick Henry faces the Colts twice so he'll get some good numbers there.

WR is a bit underwhelming after Green, but not too bad.
TE and QB are pretty good. Luck is a boom or bust type of pick, to me. I think if he's healthy on his return, he could be a great pick.

I wouldn't be too down on that.

Two questions.

Would you draft zeke in the 1st round if you were pick 14 of 14 teams?

2ND

Mocks are having davante parkers adp skyrocket.how bad would I be reaching if I got him with my 4th pick? Pick 43?

Your RB lineup looks pretty damn stacked to me. Gordon should have a big year, McCaffrey could go off, Doug Martin could be on the rebound and have fresh legs post suspension, and Derrick Henry faces the Colts twice so he'll get some good numbers there.

WR is a bit underwhelming after Green, but not too bad.
TE and QB are pretty good. Luck is a boom or bust type of pick, to me. I think if he's healthy on his return, he could be a great pick.

I wouldn't be too down on that.
The only thing I'm down on is that in retrospect I should have picked obj or Julio over Melvin Gordon in round 1 but I panicked since everyone was picking running backs and I didn't but want my rb1 to be Todd Hurley, Lamar miller etc

Oh well. I guess that's expected with an offline draft. My plan for WRs was to grab Crabtree in round 5 but he went one pick before me -_-. I kind of didn't want luck either but he was still there in round 10 and I felt I pretty much had to even if he misses day the first couple of games.

Tom Nook

Two questions.

Would you draft zeke in the 1st round if you were pick 14 of 14 teams?

2ND

Mocks are having davante parkers adp skyrocket.how bad would I be reaching if I got him with my 4th pick? Pick 43?

I would get someone like Murray or Howard at this point.

Snake draft? Get Murray or Howard then Zeke.

M. Mariota Ten - QB

D. Baldwin Sea - WR
K. Allen LAC - WR

J. Ajayi Mia - RB
I. Crowell Cle - RB

K. Rudolph Min - TE

J. Crowder Was - WR

M. Bryant Atl - K

Kansas City KC - DEF

Bench
J. Doyle Ind - TE
P. Perkins NYG - RB
M. Wallace Bal - WR
J. Williams GB - RB
K. Golladay Det - WR
D. Foreman Hou - RB

Had my draft the other night and this was my haul. 12 team PPR. Decided to take some gambles on the last 3 of my bench, hoping at least one works out, if not i don't mind having an easy option to drop on waivers.

M. Mariota Ten - QB

D. Baldwin Sea - WR
K. Allen LAC - WR

J. Ajayi Mia - RB
I. Crowell Cle - RB

K. Rudolph Min - TE

J. Crowder Was - WR

M. Bryant Atl - K

Kansas City KC - DEF

Bench
J. Doyle Ind - TE
P. Perkins NYG - RB
M. Wallace Bal - WR
J. Williams GB - RB
K. Golladay Det - WR
D. Foreman Hou - RB

Had my draft the other night and this was my haul. 12 team PPR. Decided to take some gambles on the last 3 of my bench, hoping at least one works out, if not i don't mind having an easy option to drop on waivers.

have you thought about streaming a defense week 1? If you were to start KC against NE I would say you have big cajones

Top Bottom