• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Wait... who's the fifth? Kai?
I would think Lin, Tenzin and Jinora share that spot since they get rotated in and out a lot. I'm just saying that Kuvira would've been better used as an ally to play off of the other members. She technically has loads in common with all of them.

Hamlet

tumblr_nqk664SJpF1rs7t8go1_1280.png

FB
Nick also put this up - 5 of our favorite #Korrasami moments

ATLA/Legend of Korra SDCC panel confirmed!

Nickelodeon and Dark Horse Comics: Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra

Come celebrate Nickelodeon's Avatar universe with the brilliant minds who created it all: co creators and executive producers Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Mike and Bryan will discuss past storylines and tease the future at a panel full of surprises and behind-the-scenes stories.

Mike and Bryan will discuss past storylines and tease the future at a panel full of surprises and behind-the-scenes stories.

ATLA x Korra Collector's Edition Blu-Ray. Give it to me.

Ray Down

Banned
ATLA/Legend of Korra SDCC panel confirmed!

ATLA x Korra Collector's Edition Blu-Ray. Give to me.

Please release both soundtracks too.

Hell if it's just Korras that be great.

You listening nick if you release any of the soundtracks I'll buy 20 copies.

Ray Down

Banned
Just give me the soundtracks, anything else is extra I tell you.

Jeremy Zuckerman deserves it too, his music adds so much to both series/moments in it and is legitimately great.

Atla/LoK opening and ending, jinora light, the song when aang gets lightninged, service and sacrifice etc. Would post links but on mobile plus work.

I can't imagine both series without his soundtrack and dammit this music should be enjoyed by everyone plus Jeremy needs to get payed.

Jacob

Ty Lee deserves better. Azula treated her like dirt in "The Beach".

Azula treats her like dirt all the time, same as she does with like, every other character. But she certainly seems to have a level of affection for Ty Lee, even if she is completely garbage at expressing it, and it's Ty Lee's betrayal more than anything else that seems to send her really over the edge. And Ty Lee, while certainly fearing Azula on some level, seems to care for her as well. It's certainly not a healthy dynamic, but it's actually present in the show and is supported by their characterizations, which gives it a lot more to stand on than most ships.

Plus, "Ty Lee tries to heal Azula after the show ends" fics are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Azula treats her like dirt all the time, same as she does with like, every other character.

This is true, but her treatment of Ty Lee in that particular episode always stuck out to me. It was just so pointlessly vindictive and mean-spirited. Watching her take shots at Ty Lee for simply having the nerve to succeed where she couldn't was devastating (I may be exaggerating slightly).

and it's Ty Lee's betrayal more than anything else that seems to send her really over the edge.

Eh, this seems like a stretch, though. She piggybacked pretty hard off of Mai's initial betrayal. It was clear just from Azula's expression and tone immediately prior to attacking Mai that she was already struggling to cope with what was happening. And maybe my memory's failing me, but I can't recall any scene after the fact that specifically emphasized Ty Lee's role in those events.

As for the rest, I can see your point, but I don't have to like it! :p

Toa TAK

Banned
Seeing Mai turn on Azula like that is one of the most satisfying moments in the entire franchise. God I remember the first time I saw that. Clenched fist in the air going "Fuck yeah."

"I guess you just don't know people as well you think you do. You miscalculated."

Shit was ice cold.

The Boiling Rock was just a really satisfying pair of episodes overall, to be honest. Those two are always the first to get me hyped for the finale every time I rewards ATLA.

Jacob

Eh, this seems like a stretch, though. She piggybacked pretty hard off of Mai's initial betrayal. It was clear just from Azula's expression and tone immediately prior to attacking Mai that she was already struggling to cope with what was happening. And maybe my memory's failing me, but I can't recall any scene after the fact that specifically emphasized Ty Lee's role in those events.

I'll admit I may have exaggerated the role of Ty Lee compared to Mai; I haven't watched The Boiling Rock yet for this week's ATLA rewatch so I can't comment on Azula's exact demeanor throughout the climax. I do think that Azula and Ty Lee are portrayed as being closer, including in flashbacks like in "Zuko Alone".

As for the rest, I can see your point, but I don't have to like it! :p

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Wanderer5

*subs*

I not sure if I would like a new show happening tbh. Be nice to see Mike & Bryan do something new.

Also despite the over use of teal, that Lin Beifong statue (both convention and regular) looks nice, and it great that there apparently more figures coming. They probably be a lot of $$$ through.:x If not too pricey, I probably would check out either Aang, Zuko, Korra (Book 4 look please), or Asami who is missing from that banner.:(

Top Bottom