• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

Sintoid

I'm late to this topic party... but this news are trustable or is this polish newspaper speculating about the game?

Drek

I've no doubt it will!

Could you imagine if on launch Sony had something like Killzone, Uncharted, Gran Turismo and God of War as a launch lineup? The thing would fly off the shelves!

Word is that GG is making a new IP along with Killzone 4. My guess is we'll see the new IP at launch, KZ4 year 2.

Naughty Dog's UC3 team hasn't announced anything post-UC3 which came out in late 2011, so they'll likely have a PS4 game lined up for the first 12 months of launch, I'd expect they'll save their game for holiday 2014 though.

Polyphony hasn't done anything since GT5 and booster packs, I'd imagine Sony wants GT6 within the first 12 months of PS4's life, but they should be happy to see it in the first 24 months.

Sony Santa Monica already has one team finishing off a God of War game, I'd expect one of their other teams to turn out a new IP for PS4 launch, with God of War 4 showing up for Holiday 2015 (little under 3 years from GoW: Ascension).

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).
1. Killzone: Liberation is a fantastic game.

2. Killzone Mercenary is a first person shooter, unlike Liberation, and while it happens to be on a handheld it's on a handheld with dual analog sticks and a good bit of system horsepower. This is smack dab in the middle of GG's wheelhouse.

meta4

Huh? where's this coming from?

Journalist January Meij Rose from power unlimited magazine stated that he is going to attend a hands on event of GOW A SP , TLOU SP by Sony this wednesday. I am assuming even KZ vita will be there.

Binabik15

The story direction and setting of this need to influence KZ4 in some way. It seems too awesome.

What IS its story direction and setting? I know nothing of this but the melee kill gifs and the first video snippet from ancient times (vita mon-tage?).

Andir is nice that console like 3d games are now finally viable thanks to vita's inpt options, but I'm missing games like Liberation and MG Acid.

Musiol

Embargo will lift of at 31st January. So one more day of waiting.

Reason - magazine is delayed one day because of embargo.

Journalist January Meij Rose from power unlimited magazine stated that he is going to attend a hands on event of GOW A SP , TLOU SP by Sony this wednesday. I am assuming even KZ vita will be there.

It's a big Dutch journalist called Jan Meijroos. He usually gets a lot of scoops.

DemonNite

But will there be gifs???

the only one needed...

pN8RQsO.gif

PaulloDEC

Great to finally hear something new on this, feels like forever since we last saw/heard any news. The Vita could really use an FPS to make up for the... other two.

And since there seems to be a bit of a Tearaway love-in going on, I hope you'll all accept this gift of gif:

tgl.gif

I'm ambivalent on Killzone Mercenaries. I'm playing Uncharted GA and while I'm really enjoying it, my big hands are getting constant cramps due to the tiny sticks. I really need a vita power grip, or better yet, Sony needs to release an XL/Tablet version of the vita for people with bigger hands much like Nintendo has the 3DS XL.

when the embargo expires?

On Everyeye it have published a news article with new details and the official release date for September, but there is video and pictures

Here some details of the news

Sony has released new information for Killzone: Mercenary, first-person shooter Killzone series, developed specifically for PlayStation Vita using the wonderful graphics engine Killzone 3.
The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.

When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.

Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise. Completed missions are replayable, enriched with new challenges and special objectives. In addition, the title boasts a multiplayer mode fully developed ad-hoc, with six maps tailored to accommodate eight players and three different game modes, including the famous Warzone mode.

To stay in line with the theme of "mercenary", every action done in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better your performance, the higher your pay - not only in the single-player campaign, but also in multiplayer mode. The wages you receive are stored in a single bank account and the money accumulated can be used to buy weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer matches, and vice versa.

Killzone: Mercenary uses the possibilities of control offered by PlayStation Vita and its graphics capabilities. The dual stick controls, the classic first-person shooter, are accompanied by the touch screen to unleash brutal attacks short-range and motion sensor that allows you to take better aim when you need maximum precision. The game uses the graphics engine of Killzone 3 in order to create huge environments with an impressive amount of detail. But do not just believe our own words, look at the trailer above and look at the screenshot below: The release of Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled for September 2013.

DieH@rd

Banned

Sony has released new information for Killzone: Mercenary, first-person shooter Killzone series, developed specifically for PlayStation Vita using the wonderful graphics engine Killzone 3.

The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.

When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.

Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise. Completed missions are replayable, enriched with new challenges and special objectives. In addition, the title boasts a multiplayer mode fully developed ad-hoc, with six maps tailored to accommodate eight players and three different game modes, including the famous Warzone mode.

To stay in line with the theme of "mercenary", every action done in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better your performance, the higher your pay - not only in the single-player campaign, but also in multiplayer mode. The wages you receive are stored in a single bank account and the money accumulated can be used to buy weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer matches, and vice versa.

Killzone: Mercenary uses the possibilities of control offered by PlayStation Vita and its graphics capabilities. The dual stick controls, the classic first-person shooter, are accompanied by the touch screen to unleash brutal attacks short-range and motion sensor that allows you to take better aim when you need maximum precision. The game uses the graphics engine of Killzone 3 in order to create huge environments with an impressive amount of detail. But do not just believe our own words, look at the trailer above and look at the screenshot below: The release of Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled for September 2013.

Sounds great! Expecialy magnificent gyro aiming that gave Golden Abyss and awesome shooting experience. Cant wait to see the trailer!

What trailer and screenshot? Also is there co op or just competitive multi? September 2013 sounds good though.

Also, am I the only one that is/was hoping for some cross platform play? It already uses the Killzone 3 engine, let PS3 KZ3 players download a couple of KZ:M maps and vice versa and have those maps be cross play compatible. Sounds like a win win to me and that was something done in Wipeout that impressed me that I thought would be standard. It's a great feature that's vastly under utilized.

Top Bottom