• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and Bioware plant DLC into figurines for Mass Effect 3

LiK

Wow. Just wow. Better be some BS weapon skins because no way I'm buying these abysmal plastic figures. And I own a lot of plastic crap.

Edit: Thank God it's for MP which I don't care about at all.

They should make a Team America short with these figures. So bad.

Team America has more articulation. These are more like statues.

Team America has more articulation. These are more like statues.

I know, but put some strings on them and a remix of "Humanity: Fuck YEAH !" and Kabuto the Python's remix of planet scanning and you're golden. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Omega

Banned
Way to overreact.

You guys make it sound like this is some game breaking DLC that if you don't buy the action figure, it'll ruin the experience. It's probably some poster or in game figurine to put in your room like you did in ME2.

Vamphuntr

Way to overreact.

You guys make it sound like this is some game breaking DLC that if you don't buy the action figure, it'll ruin the experience. It's probably some poster or in game figurine to put in your room like you did in ME2.

It's apparently for the multiplayer mode. I don't see how a figurine would work in multiplayer.

I guess it will be maps or costumes for your character in multiplayer dmode. It is annoying for people that want the full game.

Way to overreact.

You guys make it sound like this is some game breaking DLC that if you don't buy the action figure, it'll ruin the experience.

It's an odd attitude:

"I hate DLC, but I need it!"

It's completely the attitude of someone that is addicted.

I'm not saying the majority of this thread is treating it that way, but a majority of DLC Hate stems from people thinking they have to buy the DLC.

rozay

Banned
Way to overreact.

If these are character skins, not being able to play as Tali in the multi player mode without spending $25 on a figurine is a game ruining experience

Kyoufu

It's an odd attitude:

"I hate DLC, but I need it!"

It's completely the attitude of someone that is addicted.

I'm not saying the majority of this thread is treating it that way, but a majority of DLC Hate stems from people thinking they have to buy the DLC.

Will you ever just come out and say "this sucks" in a Bioware thread?

Will you ever just come out and say "this sucks" in a Bioware thread?

Besides the fact that I have many criticisms of BioWare and have expressed them many times, what does this have to do with anything?

I wasn't talking about BioWare, I was talking about DLC in general and the completely circular logic some people have with it.

Kyoufu

Besides the fact that I have many criticisms of BioWare and have expressed them many times, what does this have to do with anything?

I wasn't talking about BioWare, I was talking about DLC in general and the completely circular logic some people have with it.

It was a rhetorical question. Why did you reply? Your tag answers everything.

It's apparently for the multiplayer mode. I don't see how a figurine would work in multiplayer.

I guess it will be maps or costumes for your character in multiplayer dmode. It is annoying for people that want the full game.

BioWare's dumb, but they're not that dumb, they wouldn't have multiplayer maps exclusive to a figurine.

Is it dlc for ME2 or ME3? Is Miranda even in ME3?

I know that all the people from ME 2 will be back in ME 3, somewhere in the galaxy and they are doing stuff people expect them to do.

Jack will be a nice surprise... she wears now long hair with a side cut and clothes. ^^

It's OK dude, we get it. You're an internet crusader for truth and anti-misinformation, which manifests itself via strenuous defenses of Bioware on internet forums.

So I went to check the store because I was possibly interested in the Legion figurine (him and Tali have the best face's expression). I then put the item in my cart and read in the item's description "This item may be back-ordered". I then check the FAQ and read "Pre-sale items are charged at the time of purchase, not at time of shipping".

So if I understood properly, they would charge me right away for an item that may be back-ordered and not available to me in the first release? Love that maybe, however for them there is no maybe about when they will receive my money, they would get it now.

I got the same type of deal on the Ubisoft shop and ended up cancelling my pre-order.

Maybe I just got spoiled with all the stores not charging until shipping... Does Biowre/EA really needs my 20$ now to pay for those figurines?

Do they just want to be sure to not produce too many because they are scared by a lot of orders being cancelled after production? This should not be my problem.

The more I look at it, the more I don't need a Legion figurine, although a part of me still want it. Don't really care for DLC, I play on PS3 and it seems to be PC/XBOX exclusive. If I ever end up buying it I will just make a Gaffer happy with my DLC code.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
As long as they don't include single player DLC or make multiplayer unbalanced I don't mind.

Same, if it is something like weapon skins for multi it isn't a big deal at all.

I see nothing wrong with giving dedicated fans who buy the DLC a lil something extra.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Same worthless DLC happened with ME2, didnt take it and it didnt stop me from enjoying the game and playing the DLC that actually added something to the story instead of a helmet or character skin. If they continue with the same thing, dont really care about this.

Activision is a truly benevolent and magnificent influence on this industry.

yes, before Acitvision came out around EA would give hundreds of hours worth of free DLC and did everything that made gamers happy

oh how pure EA once was before Activision corrupted them

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Between this and MS phasing out Allards, my opinion of DLC is starting to go in the shitter.
At least this time it's for a game that I have absolutely no interest in.
And for the people saying, "But you get figurines, too." I guarantee a good chunk of the market for this DLC gives not one fuck about them.

Diveos

Neo Member
Oh no, a rifle that will sit in my inventory un-used, comes with a figurine / artbook I would never buy.

The. horror.

Day one DLC is the biggest load of shit.

Create game -> cut content -> package as DLC as a "bonus"

Making a bunch of useless in game items that will generally be tossed aside for marketing purposes likely has little to do with cutting content. This just gets suckers to buy a bunch of toys they never intended to buy

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
By the way, I had some Toxic Avenger figurines when I was a kid. Only later on I found out what the franchise really was like. Just what was up with that?

Believe it or not, there was a cartoon... and a Marvel comic book series.

Diveos

Neo Member
Making a bunch of useless in game items that will generally be tossed aside for marketing purposes likely has little to do with cutting content. This just gets suckers to buy a bunch of toys they never intended to buy

Seriously. If you buy the artbook or figurines, just for the DLC, you are the problem.

Kyoufu

ME2 had useful DLC items though. :/

Diveos

Neo Member
What was that video game?
You don't want me to buy you?
Alright, if you insist.

I don't understand why you wouldn't buy the game over this. The DLC is most likely exactly like the collectors edition DLC, pretty but useless.

What specifically are you missing from the game?

Kyoufu

ME2 didn't have as extensive a DLC release either. Biowares track record of in game DLC items has been mostly crap, but even the few good items were in no way needed for the game.

You can't say that for everybody though. Yeah, you can play a game with just one weapon all the way through, but using the others (like that Singularity gun) made the game more fun than the time I didn't have it.

rozay

Banned
ME2 didn't have as extensive a DLC release either. Biowares track record of in game DLC items has been mostly crap, but even the few good items were in no way needed for the game.
I actually thought a lot of the DLC guns were fun to use, though. Of course they're not necessary to play the game, but weapons like the geth shotgun and the blackstorm were great additions and let you play differently than the other weapons.

inky

Bioware just needs to drop the facade next time around and make Mass Effect 4 a visual novel dating sim with anime and merchandising tie-ins.

They are just going to Pokemon it and do 2 versions: Mass Effect Black (Ops) will be the dudebro shooter one, and Mass Effect Pink will be the one you mentioned.

TAJ

They are just going to Pokemon it and do 2 versions: Mass Effect Black (Ops) will be the dudebro shooter one, and Mass Effect Pink will be the one you mentioned.

I like Gears of Waifu better.

When can I preorder MEPink? The dinner date I reserved for Tali and I on the Citadel is kind of expensive, and I don't want it to interfere with potential preorder bonuses.

Even if it's just multi, you'd have to be nuts to buy these for the dlc first and the figures second.

Top Bottom