• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

freeofgreed
(03-20-2017, 11:30 PM)
Lol I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Xenoblade 2 will make it this year.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(03-20-2017, 11:36 PM)
This is your typical PR response. It's not like they're going to say it's delayed before Monolith and NCL decide they need to.

Originally Posted by Linkstrikesback

Yes, but I imagine the "Monolith" that helped in Zelda isn't the same one that makes the Xenoblade series. Monolith is a weird studio in that it's actually two branches, one in Kyoto and one in Tokyo. Tales from my ass, but I bet the Xenoblade team (Tokyo) weren't heavily involved, while the Kyoto team (largely focused on asset creation previously) I'd guess were involved in Zelda.

This isn't true, the credits are out and the game designers from Monolith worked on Xenoblade X. The art staff probably is mixed though, since as you pointed out their focus is asset creation. It wouldn't make sense for Monolith Kyoto to have so many people in the game design section when they don't do that.
frankie_baby
(03-20-2017, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Resistance100

Wouldn't say it's overkill compared to the first 3 months of 2017

For one company to release it probably is
eighty(one)
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)

Originally Posted by freeofgreed

Lol I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Xenoblade 2 will make it this year.

I'm with you, I think it will make it too.

They are already recording all of the sound for the game, which means they have enough game done to score/compose and do voice.
Axass
(03-21-2017, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Jonneh3003

So basically what you're saying is we should never trust any release date? That's silly, give them the benefit of the doubt with 2017 but don't put all your hope into it.

No, what I'm saying is that both Zelda and Xenoblade have a history of delays, so don't expect it on time.
The Giant
(03-21-2017, 12:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Switch Year 1

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey
(Potentially Pokemon)

Its already a monster

And Nintendo still hasn't fully shown the rest of the 2017 lineup.
jdstorm
(03-21-2017, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Switch Year 1

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey
(Potentially Pokemon)

Its already a monster

Where's ARMS :(
asagami_
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)

I hope a worldwide release is a Nintendo trend. I think FE Shadows of Valentia was already finished months ago haha. Maybe Xenoblade 2 is the same thing. Around E3 we will know, anyway.
Outtrigger888
(03-21-2017, 12:58 AM)
2.5 years of development. Really hope the game doesn't feel rushed.
tebunker
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by frankie_baby

Sequel to the biggest home console game of the gen in japan isnt a mass market tentpole?

I am speaking specifically to NA here, which is also their biggest audience. You can go around and cut it uo however you want but lets be honest here.
Principate
Saint Titanfall
(03-21-2017, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Outtrigger888

2.5 years of development. Really hope the game doesn't feel rushed.

Well they are litterally just using assets from Chronicles X obviously with some additions. They my just making a much more linear and story focused game but it likkely won't be a massive juggernaut in length.
Seik
something about preservation I guess
(03-21-2017, 01:01 AM)

You 'think' or you believe? :P

I wish, so much, that it comes out this year, but I doubt it very much. That would be a delicious crow to eat though.
bobbychalkers
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
Xenoblade 2 seems set for 2017 Japan but I'm still iffy on it making it in the west this year. The game is seemingly further along than the first Xenoblade and XCX when they were revealed though.
RootCause
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
I'm good as long as I get FE Warriors.
hatchx
(03-21-2017, 01:08 AM)
I'd be surprised if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ends up releasing this year outside of Japan. The first one took 8 months to localize, so I see this realistically hitting early 2018 for NA/EU. I really hope the holiday Pokemon Stars/Smash rumours are true.

I'd also be surprised if Fire Emblem Warriors gets delayed. Tecmo-Koei are pretty good at pumping those games out, and it was ~9 months between Hyrule Warriors announcement and release.
dragonflys545
(03-21-2017, 01:10 AM)
Only want fire emblem. Feel like xenoblade 2's gonna take 40+ hour to really open up the game.