• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Metal Panic! game announced for PS4

Rymuth

It just doesn't have the same impact as hand drawn mech battles.
tumblr_oce6q5vCP81rjxyrgo6_400.gif

what show is this

Rappy

It just doesn't have the same impact as hand drawn mech battles.
tumblr_oce6q5vCP81rjxyrgo6_400.gif
But at that point, they might as well not be mechs. Or at least those flashy moves in those gifs don't really fit UC Gundam or FMP. Not that I wouldn't rather have those detailed 2D mechs of the 90's.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But at that point, they might as well not be mechs. Or at least those flashy moves in those gifs don't really fit UC Gundam or FMP. Not that I wouldn't rather have those detailed 2D mechs of the 90's.

Here is from Gundam Unicorn. My point is hand drawn just looks better no matter how you look at it.
90c91b547636c54736931deb2c023a1e.gif

912822_orig.gif

Here is from Gundam Unicorn. My point is hand drawn just looks better no matter how you look at it.
90c91b547636c54736931deb2c023a1e.gif

912822_orig.gif
The GM-2's in that second gif are CG, but I guess it's less apparent on a small gif compared to a Blu-ray disc.
Unicorn actually mixed CG and tradition animation very well, going as far as to rotoscope some CG to great effect.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The GM-2's in that second gif are CG, but I guess it's less apparent on a small gif compared to a Blu-ray disc.
Unicorn actually mixed CG and tradition animation very well, going as far as to rotoscope some CG to great effect.

Gundam Unicorn sometimes uses CG like the transformation of RX-0.

SMK

3rd generation arm slaves are supposed to have human-like range of motion, and coupled with lambda driver shenanigans, it wouldn't be too far off from stuff in the gif.

mugwhump

Seems like it's developed by Bandai Namco's BB team (known for Super Robot Wars)
genre is SRPG, coming out 2018

I came into this thread ready to be disappointed, but now this is on my radar. Unfortunately my hopes for a localization aren't too high...

Top Bottom