• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

charpunk

What does X1XE=false mean? My guess is 1X Enhanced. So maybe this is a false positive. Would be really awesome if did get an X update though.

It appears that flag makes it show up in the game list when you select it to show enhanced games. Only one with that flag right now appears to be gears 4 even though it doesn’t have the patch yet I believe.

zorbsie

It appears that flag makes it show up in the game list when you select it to show enhanced games. Only one with that flag right now appears to be gears 4 even though it doesn’t have the patch yet I believe.

ahh that makes sense. OK I'm getting pumped for this now. :) Great find!

JMY86

Just realized that a Dark Souls 3 patch is a real possibility. The Pro patch was totally out of the blue.

That would be grand! I have not really played DS3 on my Xbox One since the unintended Japanese digital early launch. I have all the DLC purchased for Xbox One but have never played it due to PC being my main platform.

arhra

Not this again. Anything recently updated or installed seems to be showing "Xbox-Scorpio;" or "X;" (they seem to be the same thing, as the X will change to Xbox-Scorpio if you uninstall/reinstall, at least in some cases) under Assets Installed.

I'm in alpha preview, so I've had the new dash for a while, and literally everything updated or installed since October 5th shows that, including 360 BC games and retro-style indies. And I highly doubt that Catherine and Momodora are getting 4k asset packs.

As of right now, the Assets Installed line seems to be indicative of precisely nothing.

The X1XE flag is the thing you probably want to be keeping an eye on, as that's only showing on a few things so far, all of which are confirmed to be getting patched.

deadfolk

Still debating the Witcher 3 at €20. I'd love some concrete details about the patch.

Have it on PC, but I don't have a 4k monitor, so it's resolution and convenience vs probably everything else (textures, hair, frame rate, ao, etc.)

munroe

What does X1XE=false mean? My guess is 1X Enhanced. So maybe this is a false positive. Would be really awesome if did get an X update though.

All the ones in the enhanced list in my games has that set to true (obviously) so this is just a flag that when set to true, that game is due to get enhanced content. The flag could never be set to true and remain false for some games

Still debating the Witcher 3 at €20. I'd love some concrete details about the patch.

Have it on PC, but I don't have a 4k monitor, so it's resolution and convenience vs probably everything else (textures, hair, frame rate, ao, etc.)

Well the PS4 Pro patch seems rather solid, so I can only guess it gets better from there!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Do it. I own the Witcher on PC and play on my 4KTV and still just rebought the PS4 version just to support the patch.

Tested it out, looks great. One of the games that most benifits from a resolution boost. XBO Patch should be great.

Wasn't it Insomniac that denied a patch was in the works anyway?

Hope there's a good patch for The Witcher 3. It's only £14 at the moment for the GOTY edition and I've never played it before.

I've had the game since launch but never got around to finishing it, got sidetracked so much. I'm restarting the story on One X. The expansion pass is only 12,50 now, so i'm definitely grabbing that as well before the sale is over. Fantastic deal. Especially Blood and Wine should look amazing.

deadfolk

I'm tempted too, but it's such a big game. I might think about it for next year. Played it back on my PS4 when it came out. But wouldn't mind doing it again, such a wonderful world to sink into!

Yeah, I finished one and two over the last couple of years and loved them both - although I'm in the minority with the first. Also read the books. I've had a couple of false starts with three, and I think it's a combination of the intimidating size and constant fiddling with graphics settings and Steam Controller configs. Hopefully I'll commit to it on X.

Yeah, I finished one and two over the last couple of years and loved them both - although I'm in the minority with the first. Also read the books. I've had a couple of false starts with three, and I think it's a combination of the intimidating size and constant fiddling with graphics settings and Steam Controller configs. Hopefully I'll commit to it on X.

That sounds like a good plan, I miss just soaking up the countryside atmosphere in Witcher 3, so incredibly well made!

Colbert

Banned
Not this again. Anything recently updated or installed seems to be showing "Xbox-Scorpio;" or "X;" (they seem to be the same thing, as the X will change to Xbox-Scorpio if you uninstall/reinstall, at least in some cases) under Assets Installed.

I'm in alpha preview, so I've had the new dash for a while, and literally everything updated or installed since October 5th shows that, including 360 BC games and retro-style indies. And I highly doubt that Catherine and Momodora are getting 4k asset packs.

As of right now, the Assets Installed line seems to be indicative of precisely nothing.

The X1XE flag is the thing you probably want to be keeping an eye on, as that's only showing on a few things so far, all of which are confirmed to be getting patched.

Indeed. The "X" or "Scorpio" in the installed content only tells you that the game runs on those type of consoles with the installed content. It is not an indicator if it gets a patch or it has extra assets installed for the X1X. The X1XE flag is indeed the indicator for Xbox One X enhanced games in the Games & Apps list but title meta data on installed games needs to be somehow updated to show all games that receive a patch. I assume this will happen as soon aas the Xbox One X is released and you plug-in your hdd into the new console. For those of us that did not upgraded from the OG to the S or never made a factory reset before you can start an installed game on your new console the system will perform a lookup online where such a meta data update could happen.

hold down both bumpers and press the back/select whatever it's called button while hovering over the game.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nOUfSPc.jpg[/IMG]

I checked it the other day and it just listed Durango, so no idea what's going on. X was definitely not listed for Destiny 2 assets when I checked yesterday when I was backing games up to an external.
True X1XE: False

Shouldn't this be the tag we are looking for? If my inferring skills are right, this basically means if the game has a true Xbonex Experience, which means a patch to support it.

Edit : Should have read the follow up before posting XD

malcher

If I have 1080p TV, I understand Xbox One X will do super sampling. Maybe stupid question: do I have to download 4k assets to take advantage of that?

If I have 1080p TV, I understand Xbox One X will do super sampling. Maybe stupid question: do I have to download 4k assets to take advantage of that?

Wasn't there a write up on how Microsoft is working on letting you download certain elements in the game such as campaign/multiplayer. Would that not count for downloading high textures compared to low textures, also?

JeffG

I would hazard a guess that 4K assets are not optional for the X. Just optional for the Original and the S

Wordstar

Neo Member
I dont realy understand the meaning of the tags in the system. Does anybody actualy know if this even means anything. A lot of games are showin up saying Scorpio in the Menu.
Just to name a fiew... Doom, Ori Definitive Edition, Mortal Kombat, Sunset Overdrive and so on. Does this mean anything? Or is the only thing that matters the Enhanced Tag?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I dont realy understand the meaning of the tags in the system. Does anybody actualy know if this even means anything. A lot of games are showin up saying Scorpio in the Menu.
Just to name a fiew... Doom, Ori Definitive Edition, Mortal Kombat, Sunset Overdrive and so on. Does this mean anything? Or is the only thing that matters the Enhanced Tag?

With just looking at the text, I imagine any game that gets recently downloaded will receive both the "Durango" and "Scorpio" tags, since in fact, every Xbox game will run on X regardless of a patch or not.

The key seems to be the X1XE tag - if it says true it will get a patch, if it says false it doesn't have a patch (yet).

Just my guess.

spectator

Just realized that a Dark Souls 3 patch is a real possibility. The Pro patch was totally out of the blue.

Am I remembering correctly that the Dark Souls 3 Pro patch doesn't correct the frame-pacing? If so, I wouldn't anticipate a correction in a One X patch, either.

JeffG

I'm guessing the option will be there but instead of defaulting to unchecked, it will be checked.. only makes sense IMO...

It really doesn't make sense

That means the developer would have to plan for and code for running in 4K scorpio mode but with different sets of textures.

Which would add additional testing...etc etc

What makes the most sense...

XBox (non-X) runs without 4K assets but allows the user to download the assets in case he/she decides to upgrade or uses the drive for multiple machines

XBox X runs with 4k assets. The question would be is the non-4K asset pack optional???

Wordstar

Neo Member
I thought of it like this... Scorpio marked games are ready to launch natively on One X. Maybe with higher resolution, maybe with higher performance. Maybe its just to make them compatible though.

Games with Enhancement Packs also have better quality Texture packs.

Those are my thoughts.

UraMallas

Super Lucky's Tale updated for me today. I went to check and it is now in my Xbox One X Enhanced list. The assets installed has Durango-Only, though, so who knows.

On a side note, my Gears of War 4 game is not showing up on my living room (the one with Lucky's Tale now showing) but is showing up on my bedroom Xbox One S. Gears shows X1XE: False.

I have no idea.

Theorry

So october 23.

October Update Heads Up

We have a few tips to share for those of you ready to jump in to our October Update.

Our October Update makes further optimizations to the storage it requires on your hard drive for both Xbox One and Windows 10. Expect a bigger download, but even with the new content delivered in this Update, your overall file size for Gears 4 will be smaller than it is today.

The October Update also requires the latest Xbox One Console Update. To download this Update in advance of the Gears of War 4 October Update, head to Settings -> Updates to manually update your console.

Planning on picking up an Xbox One X? You can pre-download our Xbox One X Enhanced content before you own your console by going to System -> Download 4K Game Content. Once this Update releases, you’ll be able to manually download the content for easy transfer (via external HDD or local network) once your console joins your Xbox family.

Don’t forget that only the Xbox One X has the power to take advantage of our Enhanced content, so please do not toggle this option if you’re not planning to upgrade. You’ll just be taking up storage space!

No supersampling is built into the system

4k assets allow better textures and such

You still have to download the assets. If you didn’t have the 4K assets, then you aren’t super sampling. You’d just be using regular assets.

Super-sampling is built-in, but you still have to download the assets. My phone plays mp3’s. It’s a built-in feature, but I still gotta stream or download the music.

Caayn

You still have to download the assets. If you didn’t have the 4K assets, then you aren’t super sampling. You’d just be using regular assets.

Super-sampling is built-in, but you still have to download the assets. My phone plays mp3’s. It’s a built-in feature, but I still gotta stream or download the music.
Actually, space_nut is correct here. Due to the nature of rendering graphics you don't need to use higher quality assets (ie 4K assets) in order to downsample.

Of course downsampling with higher quality assets will still result in a better image versus downsampling with the default assets. Don't let the term "4K assets" confuse you.

deadfolk

Don't let the term "4K assets" confuse you.

This is the key takeaway here. "4k assets" is a meaningless marketing term. They are just referring to higher resolution assets, e.g. textures. These assets will look better on any display, it's just that with higher resolutions, low res assets become more obvious which is one of the reasons we are now getting the better assets.

Having said that, there are some types of assets which are genuinely only worthwhile upgrading on a higher resolution display (for example icons, menu images and some other 2d images, such as hud elements) but in most cases I would expect these to constitute a tiny fraction of the overall package.

Colbert

Banned
This is the key takeaway here. "4k assets" is a meaningless marketing term. They are just referring to higher resolution assets, e.g. textures. These assets will look better on any display, it's just that with higher resolutions, low res assets become more obvious which is one of the reasons we are now getting the better assets.

Having said that, there are some types of assets which are genuinely only worthwhile upgrading on a higher resolution display (for example icons, menu images and some other 2d images, such as hud elements) but in most cases I would expect these to constitute a tiny fraction of the overall package.

I would not say meaningless. It is an easy marketing term for those who doesn't know about all the facets what assets are and that they come in various qualities/resolutions even if targeted for 4K.

deadfolk

I would not say meaningless. It is an easy marketing term for those who doesn't know about all the facets what assets are and that they come in various qualities/resolutions even if targeted for 4K.

Perhaps a poor choice of words. It's the 4k part which is really not correct. They are just high res assets. Especially regarding textures, which probably make up the bulk of these updates. They are not 4k resolution, exclusive to 4k resolution, nor only beneficial to 4k displays.

I think high resolution assets is a perfectly acceptable and more accurate term.

Colbert

Banned
Perhaps a poor choice of words. It's the 4k part which is really not correct. They are just high res assets. Especially regarding textures, which probably make up the bulk of these updates. They are not 4k resolution, exclusive to 4k resolution, nor only beneficial to 4k displays.

I think high resolution assets is a perfectly acceptable and more accurate term.

The thing is not all assets are high resolution even if targeted for 4K. The "4K" part is of course not entirely correct but as I mentioned "high resolution assets" too. The best term in my view would have been "High(est) Quality Assets" which points to the quality (not measurable) and not to a definition of pixel resolution which depends on the single asset.

Though from a marketing standpoint I totally understand why the chose "4K assets". They want to push the "4K" "Xbox One X" dependency into the heads of the consumers!

Pantz

*ahem* Some uh cool info out today huh? Hope this topic stays updated... OP being banned, wonder if someone will take over or make a new one?

Top Bottom