• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon Diver (Necromachina) [SQEX/Feel Plus/XBLA,PSN]

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/10/moon_diver_story_and_screens/
Here's the background story to Moon Diver, or as it's known in the Western world, Necromachina. This is my translation of the Japanese text Square Enix sent out. The official English text will probably be better.

"The boy's name was Faust.

A boy named Faust is there. By the time people realized that, most of Europe was already in flames.

The boy Faust and the army of monstrous creatures he dispatched overran all of the Earth in a moment and brought humanity to the verge of extinction.

2081, in Barcelona, beneath a solar eclipse.

The human armies have been destroyed, and the army of creatures are destroying the city as they please.

Suddenly.

Five soldiers emerge from the ruins and plot their counterattack."

Akainu

140.85 said:
It looks like what would happen if you put Smash Bothers, Strider and Little Big Planet into a blender.
And you've been sitting in a pool with too much chlorine and your glasses were at the shop, but yeah it totally looks like that.

I swear none of the enemies were doing anything. The behemoth and horse looking bosses moved around, but everything else were so lifeless.

Cep

Banned
The screen seems so crowded with four players...

Looks more like two Player co-op at most, as there is not enough going on to actively engage all four players.

farnham

Banned
duckroll said:
I wish this was 1-2 players instead. Making it a 4 player game seems way too crowded. It looks less fun and just messy and silly. :/
you have the option to play with only 2 players right?

Awesome, I'm definitely interested. Do we have any info re: framerate (30/60?) resolution (720/1080?) and the online (drop in/invites/etc?)?

duckroll

So, Parish posted on his Twitter that this game is by the creator of Strider. Did some digging, and it's true. Kouichi Yotsui is directing this game, while Feel Plus is developing. Of course, he also made Suzuki Bakahatsu soooo.... :lol

V_Ben

Banned
duckroll said:
So, Parish posted on his Twitter that this game is by the creator of Strider. Did some digging, and it's true. Kouichi Yotsui is directing this game, while Feel Plus is developing. Of course, he also made Suzuki Bakahatsu soooo.... :lol

So... a game from the creator of strider? Sold. :D

Galang

Banned
RiverBed said:
If that is true, then this is the very first time for me to see a Westerner with Japanese manga designs that fooled me.
I am impressed.

Seconded :lol, anyone know where I could see more of his work?

Looks fun, putting it on my radar. The colors are kind of annoying, but I guess it's intentional to tell the players apart.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
duckroll said:
I wish this was 1-2 players instead. Making it a 4 player game seems way too crowded. It looks less fun and just messy and silly. :/
I have to agree with ya. Trailer looked very busy. But ill give it the benefit of the doubt. It looks good, i want to try it.

duckroll said:
I look forward to playing Strider & Friends

also why is Ragna in this game?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks freaking awesome.

I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to play Strider 2 again. This looks like it will do the trick.

Square-Enix is really stepping up their game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
_dementia said:
I look forward to playing Strider & Friends

also why is Ragna in this game?

You make this sound like a problem.

TimeKillr

FunkyPajamas said:
Awesome, I'm definitely interested. Do we have any info re: framerate (30/60?) resolution (720/1080?) and the online (drop in/invites/etc?)?

Knowing Sony at least, they will push the dev to support 1080p at the very least.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Game looks amazing, shame it's DD only.

The beginning part of the music in that trailer reminded me of Cheetahmen's theme song :p

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I see a lot of bitching in the future because your teammates advance too fast causing you to fall in pits...Day 1!

vala

This looks pretty good!!
The thread title needs to be changed to "From the creator of Strider....." :D

duckroll

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/06/10_01.html

Necromachina

Platform: Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360
Genre: Action
Release: TBC
Copyright: © SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN: ROBERTO FERRARI
Official Website: http://dlgames.square-enix.com/necromachina/

At the dawn of the 22nd century, an evil power brought inanimate objects to life, and they turned on humanity. Bridges, cars, cups-the whole of humanity's creations turned on their makers. But hidden amongst humanity's survivors, an elite unit of specially trained ninja known as Moondivers has been lying in wait for orders to reclaim the planet. Today, those orders arrived.

With legendary director Kouichi Yotsui (of Strider fame), Square Enix takes side-scrolling action games to the next level.

So erm, is it multiplatform, or is it XBLA only? Make up your minds S-E! :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's just a screw up on the press release? :lol

Saw a trailer for Crescent Pale Mist today and it made me think of this game. Has this been cancelled? Wasn't it supposed to be out this year? Anyone know anything?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Rollo Tomasi said:
Saw a trailer for Crescent Pale Mist today and it made me think of this game. Has this been cancelled? Wasn't it supposed to be out this year? Anyone know anything?
i don't think this year is over yet

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
kassatsu said:
hard corps is next week $9.99

Wait. $9.99? WTF

Isn't it $14.99 in XBLA?

Top Bottom