• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you buy the food sold at Starbucks?

Fox318

Its crazy expensive and they don't have the tools to properly cook food.

They would be better off trying to market lines of salads instead of hot meals.

bionic77

I have gotten their fruit at airports or when traveling for breakfast.

It was always eh and I only got it for convenience to go with my coffee while traveling.

My girlfriend will grab the lunches when she is in a pinch. She says they are nothing special but not unhealthy so she just deals with it.

Way too much sodium to consider it healthy. I'm clicking on the paninis on their website and a lot of them are over 1000 mg, on up to 1460 mg.

i got norovirus after eating one of their breakfast sandwiches, so just thinking about them makes me feel awful nowadays

the pastries are okay.

GodofWine

To me , nothing goes better with a big cream and sugar filled, with chocolate on top latte than a sushi roll.

- Said NO one ever

Calling it a burrito doesn't help. Coffee plus Burrito yields mental images of some horrible consequences.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I bought a sandwich from there once when I was really hungry.

It was the worst sandwich I've ever eaten.

Never again.

Mahonay

Banned
It's insanely overpriced for how mediocre it is. I bought food from Starbucks a few times like a decade ago. Then again I don't even go to Starbucks anymore. I'm surrounded by better choices living in NYC.

As a poorly paid supervisor student at starbucks I will say it's alright but I also get it for free. Average stores have the panini and breakfast sandwich so we usuaoly have a long wait for the new stuff. They also recently made all of the panini smaller.

FiggyCal

Banned
Even the pastries kind of suck. Everything is so overpriced and bland.

Also idk about anyone else, but the food at the display for a starbucks near me is literally rotting. Like its greenish.

Their breakfast stuff is good but overpriced so I only get it when necessary.

Their coffee though? Let’s just say I’ve been a gold card member since 2009 and I can’t see that changing anytime soon lol.

It is honestly underwhelming and overpriced. Maybe a cookie or fudge every now and then is fine, but their sandwiches are not worth it at all

I had one of their fruit salads the other day and it was shit. It was all soft and soggy. Pret's is way better.

Of all of the big chain coffee shops, I find Starbucks to have the worst food.

TheGrizz

Had a killer bacon and egg sandwich the other day and it was amazing. However, it was sad to see them slide the sandwich out of a sealed plastic wrapper, which was taken out of a drawer behind the barista...but was tasty as fuck.

Nose Master

I'm already dropping $6 on a coffee, I'm not gonna spend another $12 for a reheated sandwich. Just stick to coffee and muffins / the like, man.

I fairly frequently get starbucks giftcards from people trying to be nice but I dont drink coffee or anything else they have there so i just buy breakfast sandwiches every once in a while.

More options wont be a bad thing.

Pein

Banned
Like twice I’ve bought a sandwich which were good but small and like $6. I could go to a deli and pick up something better for that price.

Sandoval

Their sous vide egg bites are pretty great when I'm trying to stick to a low carb diet and I forget or am too lazy to pack a lunch and it's too late to go to Whole Foods to get a cheap bacon and egg breakfast before the lunch bar comes out.

WaterAstro

I see people buy the sandwich stuff at Starbucks, but when I see them throw some premade sandwich into that microwave oven thing, I'm not interested at all.

Other places are just as worse. A lot of corn syrup being used. I just stick to non-fast food restaurants.

Their breakfast sandwiches are fine; nothing special, but good with an overpriced coffee. But I'd sooner buy sushi from Jiffy Lube than Starbucks. Just... no. How does the pitch for that even go among their leadership? "What is the one food you absolutely want prepared as you order it and not beforehand?" "Sushi?" "Perfect, let's try making giant vats of that and shipping it to all our stores."

The historical sweet items (cake, brownies) had been in the mix, but I haven't had them in a while. Seeing one or two flies in one or two stores' display cabinets sort of ended that for me. If I were bold enough to ask for them to just give me one from the back that is still in its individual, sealed plastic wrapper, I'd happily starting buying them again.

I've never had any of their other food items.

Top Bottom