• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Picked-up this game last week.

Ill be starting the adventure tonight. I'll have 3 hours...or more haha:)

Will fethc my impressions/question as I play it:)

Draconian

lol at how overleveled
Yaldaboath
is. I beat
Egil
easily and now all of a sudden my auto attacks miss 9 times out of 10. What a bunch of nonsense.

Draconian

I got to
Lorithia
and am ready to quit playing. Got there at level 70, and tried to grind, but apparently that takes a year and a half to do with the enemies around me (absolutely hilarious btw), and I'm not having fun anymore. The game as a whole is very good, but this fight sealed the deal for me on it's wearing out it's welcome. The fact that your party members get knocked into the pools of acid just because the boss is so big is cheap and freaking stupid.

I got to
Lorithia
and am ready to quit playing. Got there at level 70, and tried to grind, but apparently that takes a year and a half to do with the enemies around me (absolutely hilarious btw), and I'm not having fun anymore. The game as a whole is very good, but this fight sealed the deal for me on it's wearing out it's welcome. The fact that your party members get knocked into the pools of acid just because the boss is so big is cheap and freaking stupid.

Everyone trips up at that boss because they try to use Phys attacks on it. Use Ether attacks.
So probably Melia, but it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how good she is in that fight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I got to
Lorithia

It's really not that bad. Ether attacks deal full damage and you can lower the enemy's defense by killing some of the other enemies. Daze (and maybe topple?) also eliminate the defense effect temporarily. Once you can deal full damage the fight is a lot quicker and easier.

I posted this in the Xenoblade 3D OT but I wasn't sure which one was more active, so here goes :p
Okay XenoGAF, I need some boss help.

Late game spoilers:

So I'm fighting
Jade Face
and I'm absolutely getting destroyed. I'm two levels higher at level 70 and I'm using Shulk, Melia and Dunban. Every time I kill the two drones, my party is already dead and I die shortly after without having made a dent.

Is there a better party set up for this fight or should I just grind up to like 75 and hope for the best?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm LTTP

rather then making a new topic i'll just post my impressions here.

The game took a STRANGE turn in the last couple of hours.

I expected some kind of twist about the Bionis being the bad guy but it being a result of a failed experiment from OUR universe and Zanza and the Machina queen being regular ass humans was not something I saw coming.

Generally speaking, extremely impressed with the game. The draw distance and scope (especially enhanced by Dolphin) are breath-taking. The comparisons to Final Fantasy XII are very apt. The only thing which stuck out as a sore point about the game were its ridiculously low poly character models. Imagine this game with Final Fantasy 12 level of characters and some environmental detail and this would magnify an already impressive game tenfold.

I'm back online!

Okay... which one of you is the funny guy at 2nd place?
WVW69jEy4bw0BCHV19

I still own the jumps
WVW69jEy5U07gbQPDa

Chocolate Rain guy just followed me on twitter he would like this new ranking
WVW69jEy6P8DHlbVr0

AND...
WVW69jEy8B01iw56vs

After 4 years, finally complete.

Time on the clock is 105:24 before going into a new game. Finished with all quests completed, all Unique Monsters and Superbosses defeated, and all trials accomplished. Life and work got in the way, but I basically did 30 hour "chunks" over the years, with the last 15 hours this past week.

Seriously, one of the greatest RPGs of all time, and certainly the best of its generation. Enough has been written about its praises already, but the combination of scope, ease of play, soundtrack and top-notch voice acting is not something that comes around very often.

Top Bottom