• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Litri

Haven't picked up a Switch yet but this is the bundle I'll be getting. Almost picked one up the other day but decided to wait for a bundle like this. I'd much prefer to have a physical copy but I'll manage.

Yeah, my cousin wanted to get one asap and I told him yesterday to hold and wait for this. It's a pitty it's a digital code but... we can all survive.

"Digital"

2Tz5Jgn.jpg

Just gonna buy a Switch and the game separately then

Providing there is a enough stock, this is going to be a big seller this Christmas. The game looks superb, cannot wait to play it. Hoping I can get some hands on with it next week at Eurogamers EGX.

HotHamBoy

$349 is what it should have been. no carrying case, knock off $10 to make it an actual deal for the Holidays.

Not a fan of that case at all. I do like the red JoyCons, though.

I remember the days when bundled games weren't tacked onto the price of the system.

I mean you're talking about the system that's been selling out consistently in many major territories and the game that'll end up as the highest selling on it by some distance in its first 12 months.

I can understand expecting it to be like $350ish but you weren't honestly expecting $300 were you?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If a gross tasting cartridge is the deal breaker, let's be honest here, buying this bundle was never in the cards to begin with.

I wanted to wait for a Mario Odyssey bundle to buy a Switch until I bouht one two weeks ago due to reviewing necessities. Had I not done so, I would not buy this bundle now, because of it being just a mere download. I would have to buy the game on card, as well then, to be sure I get to keep it independetly of servers and hardware breaking, so the bundle would just be more expensive than getting a Switch solo.

HotHamBoy

I mean you're talking about the system that's been selling out consistently in many major territories and the game that'll end up as the highest selling on it by some distance in its first 12 months.

I can understand expecting it to be like $350ish but you weren't honestly expecting $300 were you?

Wii Sports, tho

Also, I live in Indiana and we have Switches on store shelves here.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Uh...yeah?

I expected to see what I've always seen regardless of how well a system sold. Bundled games were always thrown in free or heavily discounted, they didn't charge you full price for it! Fuck this mindset of its popular so it's ok to bend the customer over.

ramparter

Banned
I remember the days when bundled games weren't tacked onto the price of the system.
You mean the days when the Nintendo consoles wouldn't sell shit and we were begging for some good support? I'm glad Nintendo is able to sell the Switch at that price, I paid more but I have a confidence in my console and its future games.

Is this available somewhere yet? I'm checking my usual places but no luck.
I think if not I'm going to end up looking for that pack with splatoon 2.

Metalmarc

Is this available somewhere yet? I'm checking my usual places but no luck.
I think if not I'm going to end up looking for that pack with splatoon 2.

No it wont be available until Mario Oddessy releases

The Splatoon 2 bundle has mostly sold out everywhere

Hesh

Damn, if that console was also red I would buy this in a heartbeat. No physical game also stinks. Oh well, I can wait until next year to see if Nintendo finally does a new bundle with a non-black Switch.

People have a weird sense of entitlement...

The bundle is priced fairly to market demands. Nintendo could sell these for $399 or even $449 with a mario hat keychain or something and they are not.

I’m happy they are providing more options for consumers. Hopefully the red joy cons and the splatoon joy cons become available standalone as well.

Shahadan

that sucks :/

If you're planning on buying lots of Doom sized games (which aren't/won't be legion) digitally then yeah.
Otherwise you're fine with a micro sd card. Nintendo games are small. Indies typically are too.

I've bought them all digitally so far except zelda (which is admittedly big by Nintendo standards) and a lot of other things and my Switch's internal memory is not full yet.

Uh...yeah?

I expected to see what I've always seen regardless of how well a system sold. Bundled games were always thrown in free or heavily discounted, they didn't charge you full price for it! Fuck this mindset of its popular so it's ok to bend the customer over.
Lmao they're simply charging RRP for their product.

Top Bottom