• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

zorbsie

Went to do some hot wheels racing today and the game is trying to make me buy the expansion again. I have the expansion pass, but it's still telling me I need to buy it. First time this has ever happened to me.

LoveCake

Started today, runs for five days.

#Forzathon Join The Party
Finish 3 Playground Games in a Mini to win the John Cooper Works GP HE

#Forzathon Noct Out
Complete a Head-to-Head Race in the Quartz Regalia to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Going Strong
Get 3 Stars on 3 Speed Traps in the Lamborghini Centenario to receive 120,000 CR and 80,000 XP

#Forzathon Thoroughbred
Perform 20 Threading the Needle Skills in a Ferrari to receive 200,000 CR

frontieruk

Hi guys,

In prep for Forza 7 I've just been through the request list for membership to Forza GAF, we've got 23 requests that I can't tie to a GAF member.

As such I'm going to reject all of them, I apologise to any legit requests but as the admins asked to be notified and there are seven of us or you havent added yourself to the spreadsheet mentioned here...

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.

Quote this post to see the link and then add in your info!

If you want adding please drop one of us a line via pm on GAF

Gestault
Zorbsie
Noobcraft
RawNuts
SkinnerSw33t
Frontieruk
TheKeyPit

LoveCake

I want to be in, am I in, what di I need to do?

Done this weeks #Forzathon the HE Mini is pretty good stock A, it seems the store is down though.

frontieruk

Shouldn't there be a Forza Horizon one and a Forza Motorsport one?

it's ForzaGAF, everything forza or do we make a club for Forza 7 and then have to remake for 8 / 9 etc, and it'd be rude to tell the guys who joined for Horizon that the club was having to move to another and vice versa, it's a bit of a crappy situation we're in as it wasn't thought through at launch of the feature but I think there's enough cross over that it shouldn't really affect anyone.

Short :- the list for FH3 is the same one that was used for F6 (I checked while doing the admin on the club).

I think a F7 spreadsheet would benefit the community seeing as I can't see a nice way to split the club apart

Can anyone who's playing on PC share their settings for how to get good performance?

I've got a 7700k and a 1080ti. No matter what I try it drops to 40-45 fps regularly, doesn't matter if it's 1080p or 4k. Oddly enough I seem to get less drops at 4k

Can anyone who's playing on PC share their settings for how to get good performance?

I've got a 7700k and a 1080ti. No matter what I try it drops to 40-45 fps regularly, doesn't matter if it's 1080p or 4k. Oddly enough I seem to get less drops at 4k

Do you have threaded optimisation on or off?

DasRaven

Finished the Forzathon, posted my last batch of AH cars, and bought the horn accelerator just for the cash register.

A good conclusion to an absolutely wonderful FH3 experience. I’ll revisit in 4K once I get a 1X.

Randam

ok, this game is confusing me.

what am I supposed to do?
just drive around and look for races?
does the car I'm driving matter? I'm at the second festival location and bought myself a GT-R which I tuned to S2.
will that keep me from doing "low level" races?

and what about those other drivers? when I use the horn, they will follow me. and sometimes I can drive against one of them, but not always.

DasRaven

ok, this game is confusing me.

what am I supposed to do?
just drive around and look for races?
does the car I'm driving matter? I'm at the second festival location and bought myself a GT-R which I tuned to S2.
will that keep me from doing "low level" races?

and what about those other drivers? when I use the horn, they will follow me. and sometimes I can drive against one of them, but not always.

The simple answer is “gain fans” which can be accompished in a multitude of ways. Until you get to know what the open world offers, use the Anna system to recommend events.
Then enjoy the freedom to do literally whatever you wish.

The car you drIve matters little as you can blueprint almost every event to use whatever car you wish and it still counts toward progression. You can also save your upgraded tune and return your GT-R to lower specs to challenge the lower spec races.

The other drivers are other players’ Drivatars. You are engaging them pretty much exactly as intended. They populate the world with an endless stream of random challengers, provide you opponents for your race events, and often act as aggravating roadblocks when you’re trying to get a good drift score.

LoveCake

Don't forget about this weeks #Forzathon.

#Forzathon Forza Series
Complete a Championship in a Porsche to win 3 Wheelspins and 55,000 CR

#Forzathon Leaps And Bounds
Get 3 Stars on the Airport Danger Sign to win the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and 35,000 XP

#Forzathon Hurrying Up
Perform 30 Speed Skills to receive 80,000 CR

#Forzathon That's Gotta Sting 3 days to go
Win a Race in an Abarth to earn 95,000 XP

New one!

#Forzathon Flare-lit Drive
Complete a Street Race in a Hypercar to earn 55,000 XP

#Forzathon Hyper Fast
Win a Race in a Hypercar to receive 80,000 CR

#Forzathon Go Faster
Perform 20 Speed Skills to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Release The Beast
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Trap in a Hypercar to win the Jaguar F-Type HE

LoveCake

New one!

#Forzathon Flare-lit Drive
Complete a Street Race in a Hypercar to earn 55,000 XP

#Forzathon Hyper Fast
Win a Race in a Hypercar to receive 80,000 CR

#Forzathon Go Faster
Perform 20 Speed Skills to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Release The Beast
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Trap in a Hypercar to win the Jaguar F-Type HE

I got my own Jaguar F-Type HE, the previous one i had to buy.

I think that the current list of #Forzathon's we have will be the end of them :(

KRaZyAmmo

I never had my own F-Type til now. So yay for that. I bought another one from the AH, but decided to get rid of it since I now have my own.

You get both Hyper-Fast (win a race) and Flare-Lit Driver (win a street race) if you just do a street race in a hyper car, done with all the FH3 forzathon events in like 5 mins since you'll probably get the 20 speed skills during the race and the speed trap one is super easy on the highway above the airport.

I see at least 4 more weeks of FH3 forzathons in the achievements list, no co-op ones fortunately those are just THE WORST!

It really is super bizarre how they took out Clubs from FM7, while it didn't really seem that useful with no in game tools to do much, I always enjoyed seeing how much other people were playing when I would login to get my forzathon events done and marvel at the guys who'd reach gold or higher every week. I really hope they patch in clubs into FM7.

Guys I'm having a problem running FH3 on my PC - it used to run fine but got borked somewhere along the way. Now when I try to start it up it tells me I can't play without a profile. Seems like a bug somewhere. I've googled and tried different things to no avail. Anyone know what to do?

LoveCake

Guys I'm having a problem running FH3 on my PC - it used to run fine but got borked somewhere along the way. Now when I try to start it up it tells me I can't play without a profile. Seems like a bug somewhere. I've googled and tried different things to no avail. Anyone know what to do?

If its a profile issue, is this something to do with a Windows profile or a save game, I don't play on PC so I cannot really help, have you tried on the official forums they are usually helpful.

Sorry I cannot help more, I hope you get it sorted out.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Apologies if this was already answered, but if I got three stars on a speed trap already, can I go through it again and get the Jaguar?

Echoplx

The Forzathon events seem to be broken for me? I did the last one and never got the reward and the current one isn't showing as completed even when I did it yesterday.

leng jai

Every time I fire this up on PC for a leisurely drive I always feel like it's up there as one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

PowerK

Every time I fire this up on PC for a leisurely drive I always feel like it's up there as one of the best looking games I've ever seen.
Agreed. Forza Horizon 3 is one of the best (if not the best) looking games. I've been running it at 5k with 4xMSAA. Looks amazing.
I just wish they do better job with netcode.

KRaZyAmmo

The Forzathon events seem to be broken for me? I did the last one and never got the reward and the current one isn't showing as completed even when I did it yesterday.

Try restarting the game. Some people had that problem and restarted the game. The rewards then popped up for them.

zorbsie

Basically I want in on the racing action. I know probably a lot of it will move to Forza 7 but I don't own that yet. So...the xbox club I guess?

Search for ForzaGAF and ask to join. We'll accept when we get the notification.
If you want to join the FH3 in game car club, search for GAF and request to join. Let me know in a DM when you go and I'll accept the request. Simple as that. :)

This weeks forzathon is an easy 10 minute affair, the Crown Victoria car is a Ford 2010 Crown Victoria for those like me who don't know their cars (had to google it, lol). The car counts as a Retro Muscle car so you can knock out all the events in it.

I did the 3 race championship thing first, which also got me the passes one, then a street race to wrap it up. Used a downloaded skin of a cool cop car with flashing sirens, felt very need for speed-ish racing tricked out cars in my cop car!

Every time I play Forza Horizon 3 it reminds me how disappointing Forza 7 is turning out to be. No car club, no forzathon yet turned out, etc. Hoping I get some visual jaw drops when I run it on the Xbox One X in 3 weeks.

LoveCake

New #Forzathon

#Forzathon Unleashed Potential
Create a Bucket List in a Porsche to win the Porsche 959

#Forzathon Speed Test
Complete 5 Head-to-Head Races to win 3 Wheelspins & 35,000 XP

#Forzathon Showing Your Best
Perform 5 Show Off Skills in a Porsche to earn 85,000 XP

#Forzathon Rear Engine Domination
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Trap in a Porsche to receive 120,000 CR

Top Bottom