• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

Moonlight

Banned
Woo, got my second SR Ranko from the event point rewards. Should I feed her to my first one or flank my blue team with Ranko?

Relatedly, I think I like Ranko's songs the best. Tsubomi Yumemiru Rhapsodia is probably the most fun I've had on a single note chart. I wonder if that makes me chuuni.

EDIT: wait is the koume SR not in the gacha anymore

oh my god fuck everything

Shun

Woo, got my second SR Ranko from the event point rewards. Should I feed her to my first one or flank my blue team with Ranko?

Relatedly, I think I like Ranko's songs the best. Tsubomi Yumemiru Rhapsodia is probably the most fun I've had on a single note chart. I wonder if that makes me chuuni.

EDIT: wait is the koume SR not in the gacha anymore

oh my god fuck everything

It depends on how many SRs you have and if you're able to consistently get S Score ranks on Master. If you have space you can keep her for now but in the long term Star Lessons are much more valuable.

I'd say Star Lesson her because SRs aren't difficult to get and having a high Star Rank card is extremely useful in events. An 8-10 Rank card could get you a shit ton of SR cards from the Caravan events.

The Halloween ones are limited everything else isn't tho, so no Kanako or Koume until they decide to bring them back.

Moonlight

Banned
It depends on how many SRs you have and if you're able to consistently get S Score ranks on Master. If you have space you can keep her for now but in the long term Star Lessons are much more valuable.

I'd say Star Lesson her because SRs aren't difficult to get and having a high Star Rank card is extremely useful in events. An 8-10 Rank card could get you a shit ton of SR cards from the Caravan events.

The Halloween ones are limited everything else isn't tho, so no Kanako or Koume until they decide to bring them back.
Haha, I can barely manage to stick a B rank in the easier Master songs. Thanks for the tips, though!

Koume and Kanako being out of the gacha is a disaster, though. If I need to wait another year for them I will die. orz

I guess I'll just hoard my star crystals until my odds of pulling Anastasia or something are better.

Shun

If you have the Honoka Card from the Caravan event as well as Ranko from Nation Blue, you already have 2 SR cards there.

Both of those cards are really useful since they turn your notes into perfects for a set amount of time.

Having 2 SRs + 3 R+ cards is enough to hit the 19k threshold for S ranking Master Songs if you C/B combo the song. You just need to awaken them and max your bonds so that you have max stat.

You can also increase your skill levels by giving your R/SR/SSR cards Veteran/Master trainer cards or Rare cards during Lessons. Levelling up your skill increases how long the skill is active for.

My current Cool line up right now is R+ Kanade, R+ Karen, SR+ Honoka, SR+ Ranko, SR+/R+ Kaede.

I'm still a free user, saving up jewels at 10k right now. Waiting for SSR Kaede/Anastasia and SR Yumi. Love how generous Bannam has been with star crystals and platinum gatcha guarantees at least 1 SR out of 10.

Bannam must have done it after getting sued/called out for their terrible gatcha probability rates in DereMas and Million Live.

Keep her, get an SSR Ranko and then assemble an all Ranko team. Embrace the adorable chuuni overlord.

But yeah, don't idolise her. Anything below 5 star rank isn't worth jack so you're better off having a maxed SR for the support team. You can also use her to assemble a "scum team" to let you complete songs that are way too hard. SR Anastasia lead, SR Hina, R Koume, SR Ranko and SR Honoka is really good for this.

At last I got FC Legne, which means after much cursing and enough Marshmallow Kiss, Twilight Sky and Evo Revo Generation to send a man insane, I finally managed to Full Combo every song on Pro.
hLFCtrW.jpg

As a bonus I'll give everyone one guess as to where the 1 Great on that Legne run came from:
The very first note ;_;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At last I got FC Legne, which means after much cursing and enough Marshmallow Kiss, Twilight Sky and Evo Revo Generation to send a man insane, I finally managed to Full Combo every song on Pro.

Because I messed up in the last event I'll forever have one FC in Pro missing. ;___;

Kikirin

Because I messed up in the last event I'll forever have one FC in Pro missing. ;___;

If it's any consolation, I don't think the event songs go towards the FC counts on your profile (or towards your PRP either) - the 26 normal songs + 4 Susume Otome variants seem to make up the 30.

omlet

Nice. I am missing Let's Go Happy, Anzu's Song, and one of the Susume Otome daily versions (can't remember which one) for pro FCs. 0w0ver was the toughest one for me, so far. I got the S combo right after getting the S rank for number of completions... That was before I knew to adjust (increase) note speed.

I'm not looking forward to working on the Let's Go Happy Pro FC... that song is ear cancer.

Now I'm getting bodied hard by We're the Friends on Master. Out of 15 attempts I've failed it 5 times... I thought after getting the full combo on Onegai Cinderella and Todoke Idol master (both of which took me close to 50 tries to get the FC but I don't think I ever actually *failed* them, even when starting) that We're the Friends would be not bad, but good grief this one is going to take some getting used to. The middle of the song is not too hard but the ending is really difficult for me and that's where I've run out of life. A couple times I went the whole song without Frederica's life restore skill ever activating and got booed off the stage ._.

If it's any consolation, I don't think the event songs go towards the FC counts on your profile (or towards your PRP either) - the 26 normal songs + 4 Susume Otome variants seem to make up the 30.

During Ponkatsu Android it actually did show up as a 31st song on your profile but looks like they changed that since that event. I distinctly remember seeing 31 full combo pro songs and being thrown off for a moment ("how did I get 31 on pro but only 30 on debu---oh, I went straight to pro on Ponkatsu Android and never cleared it on the easier modes")

Now I'm getting bodied hard by We're the Friends on Master. Out of 15 attempts I've failed it 5 times... I thought after getting the full combo on Onegai Cinderella and Todoke Idol master (both of which took me close to 50 tries to get the FC but I don't think I ever actually *failed* them, even when starting) that We're the Friends would be not bad, but good grief this one is going to take some getting used to. The middle of the song is not too hard but the ending is really difficult for me and that's where I've run out of life. A couple times I went the whole song without Frederica's life restore skill ever activating and got booed off the stage ._.

Do you by any chance have Anastasia SR, Natsuki SR or Saori SR? If they're in the lead slot they increase the chance of abilities triggering by 30% for same type idols, which can stack with friend rental ones. If I just need to clear a tough song on Master *cough* Legne *cough* with no concern for score then I'll run a squad consisting of them, a healer, a live protector and a couple of combo protectors.

omlet

Do you by any chance have Anastasia SR, Natsuki SR or Saori SR? If they're in the lead slot they increase the chance of abilities triggering by 30% for same type idols, which can stack with friend rental ones. If I just need to clear a tough song on Master *cough* Legne *cough* with no concern for score then I'll run a squad consisting of them, a healer, a live protector and a couple of combo protectors.

I only have the event SRs, Nana, Miho, Syoko, Honoka, and now Ranko.

I only have the event SRs, Nana, Miho, Syoko, Honoka, and now Ranko.
Ah, that's a shame. There are a few Rs (like Ranko or Frederica) which have the same lead skill but they only boost by 15% instead. Hopefully future event SRs will start having abilities other than 60% stat boosts so that everyone has more options available.

Shun

Current progress so far, I barely touched any of the pro songs. Too occupied with Master during the event.

Only SRs I have so far are SR Kanako, Mai, Miho, Nana, Kaede x2, Ranko, Honoka, and Syoko. Still a free user, only one platinum 10 roll so far.

Master full combo half the songs so far.

Event is stupid competitive. I was in the top 2000 everyday until today, I woke up and I dropped from 1800 all the way down to 4000 in a single night. Trying to at least stay in the top 10,000 now that 2,000 is no longer a possibility unless I use up all my stars...

CSR-JwGU8AAv7ci.jpg

CSR-J2XUwAAaz__.jpg

Current progress so far, I barely touched any of the pro songs. Too occupied with Master during the event.

Only SRs I have so far are SR Kanako, Mai, Miho, Nana, Kaede x2, Ranko, Honoka, and Syoko. Still a free user, only one platinum 10 roll so far.

Master full combo half the songs so far.

Event is stupid competitive. I was in the top 2000 everyday until today, I woke up and I dropped from 1800 all the way down to 4000 in a single night. Trying to at least stay in the top 10,000 now that 2,000 is no longer a possibility unless I use up all my stars...

CSR-JwGU8AAv7ci.jpg

CSR-J2XUwAAaz__.jpg

That's not even that bad since your rank is so high. I dropped like 30k overnight yesterday.

Damn though, 40K event points. That's double mine since I'm just shooting for ~rank 50K

Kikirin

Holy check, Shun! How many stars were burnt to get your event points that high in this short a time span? That's probably more than I'd earned for Ponkotsu Android, and that ran for twice as long as this.

As for the event, I'm aiming low at T5 after some agonizing about whether the jewel cost would be worth the second Kaede. I'm barely above the line for 50k with all my tokens right now, so I doubt I will be able to stay above it when things get crazy at the 11th hour. At least there's some consolation in that I'm likely to keep T1 for the song high score.
I'd thought the same for Ponkotsu Android and then I was at 50xx-th place the next morning.

Since we're on the topic of FCs:
pS1qGD6.jpg

Not pictured: the abysmal FC rate for Legne (1/72), Ponkotsu Android (5/70), and Nation Blue (1/39 and counting)
Still struggling with Anzu's Song to top things off. There are about three major trouble spots in the song: the two quick swipes sections in the first third, and the crazy zig-zags in the last third. I've combo'd each part individually before, but never together. In my hubris, I'd thought that its days were numbered once I'd gotten down to one combo breaker, but
that was 60 plays ago

I'm now on play #116

Shun

Well for me what I did was start at the very beginning of the event and space out the number of experience I got and the number of neirose I got per song.

I started the event at level 45 and I wanted to be able to level up 1-2 times a day so that I can keep refilling energy. So I would burn through 3 Master Songs and get 53 neirose and 63 experience each time I do it. Each time I burned my energy I would get to attempt Nation Blue once on Master or Pro. On Master I would get 320 points for every S Rank.

Deresute gave me like 50-100 free stars each day for the past week and I used up maybe 100-200 extra stars that I would get from event bonuses or from full combing/S-ranking a song. I'd use those free stars to refill when necessary and keep spacing out the time I wait with the amount of stars I use with when I level up. So I levelled up like 15 times throughout the event.

I think in total I burned around 1200-1400 stars more or less? Can't keep track but I made sure that I never went under 9500 stars. This kept me in the top 2000 for the past 7 days until today where I dropped to 4000 since people are getting serious and burning all their leftover neirose.

The stars I burned is worth it I think since it guaranteed me 4 SR cards at high star ranks. An SR card is an SR card even if the stats are slightly lower than the gatcha ones so it's worth it, especially for Kaede.

Out of the 15 Master FC songs I have, I've full combo LEGNE on 15 tries on lucky accident. I haven't full combo Nation Blue yet, but I did for Choco Tiara, Star, Message, Shine, etc.

Kikirin

I think in total I burned around 1200-1400 stars more or less? Can't keep track but I made sure that I never went under 9500 stars.

!!!

Props. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to spend half a 10-draw's worth of jewels for ranking.

Shun

I mean for 4 SR cards guaranteed and for a ton of bonuses I think it's worth it. Especially since a Rank 8 or 10 SR is like 8 SRs in of itself.

It isn't even the ones I already owned, they were the ones given to me daily or through the event.

I started with like 9500 stars and stayed that way the entire time.

I'll make it up with the upcoming medley event or for the next passion token event Orange Sapphire since I don't really care about the card there. Unless they give me Mika or Yumi I am not really too excited for that event.

10/10
7d612f47-s.jpg

Kirari Mad M@S
47cbd700-s.jpg

http://zakuzaku911.com/archives/4499127.html

Moonlight

Banned
Blegh. Spent as much time and energy drinks as I could on this event and I'm barely top 100k. With luck, I'll stay that way come morning. Admittedly I only spent a hundred star jewels worth of refills. Hopefully by the next event I'll be able to consistently S-rank Master songs. Top 50k is the dream.

...of course, if the next event is yellow I won't have much reason to care. Sigh.

EDIT: I moved up to top 80k somehow lol. Same difference, I guess, but feels more secure.

Shun

The next event is a new event type called Medley that was leak in update files.

You choose from songs and do a medley and gain points for overall performance.

The next token event is probably Passion card with Orange Sapphire song since we had Android and Nation so far already.

It would be completely worth it if these two are the SRR/SR cards.

4a3abe4cfb93b694333cddf0c8521f64.jpg
0795b3e37b234bac9b60effc1c197747.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
Got cut off on my last song at the very last second. In the end, I got edged out of top 100k. No reward. 150 star crystals blown for nothing. This is despair. orz

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got one Kaede Ranko and called it quits. Considering I started the event not even aiming to get that I think I did pretty well.

So yeah, you can get an SR with extremely casual play.

EDIT: If they're not Miku their name may as well be Bob.

omlet

Even the top 100k competition feels kind of fierce in this event. I got up a little early this morning to finish up what stam and tokens I could before having to go to work. Finished up with 23040 total event points, which was was just shy of the 50k tier but looked like a comfortable spot for at least 100k tier with 20 minutes to go, which is what I was shooting for.

Now to be left in painful suspense while they spend the rest of the week tallying.

Kikirin

So ultimately, I decided to settle for the 100k tier and ended the event at around 22.9k points. Should be enough assuming nothing crazy happens, like the border jumping 2k points in the last half hour. Best of luck to all who are hoping to rank!

I mean for 4 SR cards guaranteed and for a ton of bonuses I think it's worth it. Especially since a Rank 8 or 10 SR is like 8 SRs in of itself.

It isn't even the ones I already owned, they were the ones given to me daily or through the event.

I started with like 9500 stars and stayed that way the entire time.

I understood, but it's largely a matter of perspective - you saw them as free jewels that you got to use towards the event, whereas I saw the same jewels as free significant progress towards my next 10-draw. :p It's possible to get both point SRs and tier without using jewels/drinks, so the big net gains from spending that much would be just the duplicate / higher star rank SR and more master trainers.

The higher star rank prizes are worth if you want to put a particular idol as a constant center, but I think the caravan event devalued star ranks some if you didn't care which idol they were attached to. With some luck with the drops, you could rank an R up to 10 or possibly get a featured SR up to 15. That said, getting a high rank SR from a token event certainly helps to bootstrap the Unlimited Rares Works though.

I had to work this morning during the last few hours of the event so I went a little mad to make sure I wouldn't be bumped out of the top 50k. I spent about 300 jewels yesterday on refills and then woke up an hour early this morning to use up the last bit of stamina. I finished with 27438 points, but I didn't get chance to check my phone during the last hour so hopefully people didn't whale too hard (was placed somewhere around 27k with an hour to go).

Love the Kanako card, I would so trade half of my SRs for her if I could.

Shun

I understood, but it's largely a matter of perspective - you saw them as free jewels that you got to use towards the event, whereas I saw the same jewels as free significant progress towards my next 10-draw. :p It's possible to get both point SRs and tier without using jewels/drinks, so the big net gains from spending that much would be just the duplicate / higher star rank SR and more master trainers.

The higher star rank prizes are worth if you want to put a particular idol as a constant center, but I think the caravan event devalued star ranks some if you didn't care which idol they were attached to. With some luck with the drops, you could rank an R up to 10 or possibly get a featured SR up to 15. That said, getting a high rank SR from a token event certainly helps to bootstrap the Unlimited Rares Works though.

Oh I see sorry took me a while to try to get that post working not native speaker.

I did it for Kaede need double Kaede and triple Kaede until an SSR comes out.

I'm just afraid of doing platinum gacha and crying because no SSR or I get duplicates or I only get 1 SR. I pray each time I roll I get at least 2-3...

Anyway I fell asleep an hour before the event eded and I was at ~43k points. I'm hoping that I didn't fall from 4000 to like 10,001 in the hour I slept...

Kikirin

As anticipated, I've landed in the 100k tier - almost in the exact middle of the 100k and 50k boundaraies at 72315th place. Also managed to secure the gold for the high score ranking with a clutch FC after the full score squad was assembled.

Hope everyone got what they were aiming for. Special RIP shoutouts to GrandHusk for barely missing the 100k cutoff.

As expected, didn't make it into top 100k. Was sort of hoping if I played the same way I did during the Nana event, I would luck out, but I didn't have the massive extra level gains this time.

New playable song out by the way. Minami's
P
Venus Syndrome

Moonlight

Banned
Landed just outside the 100k range. Slid out at the very end and was trying to climb back in until the cutoff dropped on me. Kinda mad at myself. Didn't think things would get so crazy at the very end, so was very conservative with my jewel spending. Hopefully next time I'll have a better team for taking on Master songs. And maybe get better at Master songs, too. S-Rank Pro didn't feel like it was cutting it.

I guess I already have an SR Kaede, so it's not the worst thing ever, but still. I stayed up late at night and woke up early in the morning daily for this event, feels a bit bad not to at least get the bare minimum of ranked prizes. :\

Ah well. Worst thing about this is Nation Blue going away, really. Great song.

Rank 29723, I'm surprised that I only dropped 9k places in the last 3 hours. It feels like this event in general didn't have as much competition as the last one, I was struggling to stay in the top 100k every day with Android and yet was in the top 30k every day here, the only difference was my last day jewel spree.

Bad news with Android though, your rankings don't carry over from the first event. I literally always get a Nice on one particular note on Pro so it'll be super annoying to FC this again.

omlet

I hope that when they eventually bring back Ponkotsu Android/Nation Blue/Orange Sapphire for regular songs or daily songs, that they add the solo versions of each of those songs.

You're in luck. Ponkatsu Android is on the daily special rotation now.

Accoun

Could be worse, I guess. Still would prefer for it to be in the main pool. Maybe purchasable via coins, so they would have any use outside on the few furniture pieces that have effects and 4 or so tracks you can buy in the beginning...

Also,
Bad news with Android though, your rankings don't carry over from the first event. I literally always get a Nice on one particular note on Pro so it'll be super annoying to FC this again.

Kinda makes sense, considering the rating requirements were lowered, at least for the playcount (S on master was only 50 plays instead 100, like on everything else on the same level). Unless they made them retroactive.

Shun

Sooner than I expected, was hoping that they added solo versions of those songs since they already released solo versions.

We need more solo cards and solo songs.

Also I like how events are really quick turn around in deresute. It's faster than other game I've played, event nearly every week.

Also current song tiers as of right now.

toriaezu6_356.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is that obnoxious Kirari happy happy song doing in easy?

Just listening to it is hard enough.

Accoun

Also I like how events are really quick turn around in deresute. It's faster than other game I've played, event nearly every week.

Frankly, one could argue if not too quick. As a not-so-great player, events discourage me from playing harder songs, because I don't want to waste whatever points the developers think of. It's fine to waste stamina outside them, though.
On the other hand, one could argue if the game has enough content yet to sustain interest of someone who can get good. And this is where the events come in...

Also current song tiers as of right now.

toriaezu6_356.jpg

No way in hell is Chocolat Tiara in the same tier as Todoke, Memories or S(mile)ING! for Master difficulty, I barely scummed to a C rank in the former yet can full combo the other three. Nation Blue is also far easier than listed.

Shun

Frankly, one could argue if not too quick. As a not-so-great player, events discourage me from playing harder songs, because I don't want to waste whatever points the developers think of. It's fine to waste stamina outside them, though.
On the other hand, one could argue if the game has enough content yet to sustain interest of someone who can get good. And this is where the events come in...

I get what you're saying. So far banana's active role has kept me from getting bored. I like their support while keeping it free. I know for jubeat plus I have to buy more songs to keep interest, or reflec beat I need others to play with.

I feel like since there are 3 event types right from the start, it helps out those who are starting out with the game. Regardless of your level, the events guarantee you at least one SR so long as you participate reasonably.

Token events you just do what you do to hit at least 15,000.

Caravan event you just play normally and you're likely to get at least one SR drop.

I am unsure how the new Medley event is working, but bannam has been really generous with SR and gem distribution. I feel like it's been really fair for free users to get a decent SR team and practice.

No way in hell is Chocolat Tiara in the same tier as Todoke, Memories or S(mile)ING! for Master difficulty, I barely scummed to a C rank in the former yet can full combo the other three. Nation Blue is also far easier than listed.

Difficulty ranking varies from person to person I guess. For the most part I found the list is pretty accurate for what I've been able to clear and full combo so far.

Chocolat Tiara and Naked Venus Syndrome are pretty simple songs, they don't really throw you off.

For Nation Blue tho 75% of the song is easy to full combo except for the beginning part where it's easier to kind of mess up.

Top Bottom